Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fighting climax is alright, got it for $15 back in November

As a fighting game it's just decent, but having characters like Kirito (go ahead hate me) and Sadaou as an assist is awesome.

I wonder if there's any reason to get PS3 over vita. Aside from controls I guess.

Thanks. I've been waiting for Akiba's trip to drop. I wanted to get it new, but I'll consider this since last time I bought from gamefly, it was pretty good condition.

Uhh....I can't find my way around gamefly's site. I found the Akiba's trip but it just says start free trial.

I wanna get Muramasa for Vita. I was wondering if it's worth getting the LE vs the standard. Are the LE stuff compatible with the vita2000? Was hoping the standard will go to $20 again at some point.
Muramasa was free once on psn+ once i would wait for a sale unless you want a hard copy

What's wrong with kirito?
I'm excited to play as Kirino thou :D
There is a lot of hate for the show along with Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan because they are so popular. So many people watch no anime other than these and continue to sing endless praise for them which irritates most hardcore anime fans.

There is a lot of hate for the show along with Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan because they are so popular. So many people watch no anime other than these and continue to sing endless praise for them which irritates most hardcore anime fans.
I don't dislike Sword Art Online because it's popular. I dislike it because it's awful.

I liked the first arc at first, but even the ending felt like a cop-out. I want to finish the second arc cause the third is supposed to be good too, but I will probably just try the light novels (already bought the ones that are out).

Still like Attack on Titan though, but I haven't heard anything new more than like 10 chapters past the series.

I don't really think Attack on Titan is that much like a typical shounen though. Not like the other popular shounens anyways.

And why does it say you've been playing Time and Eternity? Doesn't that null your opinions on anything?

Ahah, i figured you would point out the incest part! But i do agree, thats the part that made it wierd... And Attack on Titan is one of the best shows ever, any words if they are going to continue the anime soon?

I don't really think Attack on Titan is that much like a typical shounen though. Not like the other popular shounens anyways.

And why does it say you've been playing Time and Eternity? Doesn't that null your opinions on anything?
More like it makes my opinion right on everything ;)

What made it the usual generic stuff for me is when
They gave Eren superpowers instead of killing him. It would have been incredible if they would have just let him die at that point. Also found it to be poor writing when after he got his superpowers he went from being a character who did what he wanted to an obedient pet. Pretty much was a complete 180 for his personality.

Yeah Attack on Titan is constantly

Killing off every character without giving them any sort of development as well as trying to make the deaths sad, but it never becomes successful. Eren's death would have been the highlight but it took an extremely generic turn by giving him superpowers, as well as failing to do anything with his character.

which made the show an extremely generic shounen for me.

Sword Art Online was maybe a 7.5/10 till the boring and creepy on multiple levels 2nd Arc. Tokyo Ghoul is pretty low quality overall and from what I hear a poor adaption of the original story. All of these recently popular anime are just boring and overrated for the most part, and honestly people should be recommending Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Hunter x Hunter 2011 instead of AoT and SAO to people interested in anime.

More like it makes my opinion right on everything ;)

What made it the usual generic stuff for me is when
They gave Eren superpowers instead of killing him. It would have been incredible if they would have just let him die at that point. Also found it to be poor writing when after he got his superpowers he went from being a character who did what he wanted to an obedient pet. Pretty much was a complete 180 for his personality.
I have to disagree.

He didn't -want- to. They were threatening to kill Armin and Mikasa, and the trio stood no chance against everyone against them. And Eren didn't really have much control of his titan form. And he's not this immortal titan that keeps gaining power, like most shounen would have made him out to be. He was weaker than the other three titans who had a lot more training. He had no hope against Female Titan, for example, without human help. Plus, the mystery of the wall! And his key! Actually, their lack of going back to Eren's house is the only part that's been disappointing to me so far.

I have to disagree.

He didn't -want- to. They were threatening to kill Armin and Mikasa, and the trio stood no chance against everyone against them. And Eren didn't really have much control of his titan form. And he's not this immortal titan that keeps gaining power, like most shounen would have made him out to be. He was weaker than the other three titans who had a lot more training. He had no hope against Female Titan, for example, without human help. Plus, the mystery of the wall! And his key! Actually, their lack of going back to Eren's house is the only part that's been disappointing to me so far.
It's been awhile since I've watched it, but from what I remember
Eren was going to escape but let Armin choose if he did or not. Also this all happened after the attack from what I remember, so I think him escaping with the other two would have been completely possible. Mikasa probably could have escaped on her own without much trouble.

I still think killing Eren would have been a better choice. They could have made Mikasa the main character and it probably would have made for a better story.

I never actually finished watching because I lost interest. I like the idea of the Titans attacking humans though...just not the other stuff.

I liked both of those series alot. They are really good. SAO part 2 4th arc was crap thou. It might seem like they are over praised probably due to the fact they are dubbed in English and shown on American tv.

I liked both of those series alot. They are really good. SAO part 2 4th arc was crap thou. It might seem like they are over praised probably due to the fact they are dubbed in English and shown on American tv.
Tokyo Ghoul is nearly as popular without a dub, but I agree that dubs probably brought the majority of those fans into anime.

What's wrong with kirito?
I'm excited to play as Kirino thou :D
its popular to hate sword art online now. I don't really feel anything in particular for him as a character tbh. none of the characters were really that well written to me or anything

yeah I really like log horizon as well though the current section of season 2 is kinda meandering spending too much time on the secondary kid characters again. Though at least they are trying to accomplish something semi important this time.

Tokyo Ghoul is nearly as popular without a dub, but I agree that dubs probably brought the majority of those fans into anime.
toyko ghoul's plot can actually be made into a good live action movie. i still don't understand why they chose a ghost in a shell, for a movie. it is going to bomb worst than the dragon ball z movie. LOL

Yeah Attack on Titan is constantly

Killing off every character without giving them any sort of development as well as trying to make the deaths sad, but it never becomes successful. Eren's death would have been the highlight but it took an extremely generic turn by giving him superpowers, as well as failing to do anything with his character.

which made the show an extremely generic shounen for me.

Sword Art Online was maybe a 7.5/10 till the boring and creepy on multiple levels 2nd Arc. Tokyo Ghoul is pretty low quality overall and from what I hear a poor adaption of the original story. All of these recently popular anime are just boring and overrated for the most part, and honestly people should be recommending Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Hunter x Hunter 2011 instead of AoT and SAO to people interested in anime.
you had me until hunter hunter. the original thus far was better because of all the good crap the remake cut out while still having a fricken crap load of filler

its popular to hate sword art online now. I don't really feel anything in particular for him as a character tbh. none of the characters were really that well written to me or anything
sword art online, and attack on titan are basically animes for casuals, and hipsters, because that is what all their friends watch. just like how everyone usually associate dragon ball z with anime. it is like the cool thing to say, 5-10 years ago, they would of thought it was weird, had they watched sword art online.

sword art online, and attack on titan are basically animes for casuals, and hipsters, because that is what all their friends watch. just like how everyone usually associate dragon ball z with anime. it is like the cool thing to say, 5-10 years ago, they would of thought it was weird, had they watched sword art online.
They're basically the Call of Duty and Assassins Creed of anime

i agree attack on titan is overrated. knights of sidonia is better
damn shame its currently unfinished. also not really a fan of how their cafiter system works or how every character that goes in the aquarium gets a death flag. seriously you'd think the cast would of wised up after like 20 characters that all went to it are dead.

I would of liked attack on titan if they didn't use magic bs all the time where now practically everyones a titan and I hadn't figured out the plot right away. I called that coming. Everythings predictable for the series to me so far outside 2 characters deaths though they were both off screen so its really impossible to notice. Especially when all the characters have identical designs. I don't know how many times I thought a main character died when it turned out to just be a generic look alike. even claymore had better variety.

I forsaw that they had made the titans themselves to lower the populations and let the world fix itself after them trashing it in wars, erased the populaces memories on all the advanced ancient tech they used to have or just plain killed anyone who had the information among other things.

damn shame its currently unfinished. also not really a fan of how their cafiter system works or how every character that goes in the aquarium gets a death flag. seriously you'd think the cast would of wised up after like 20 characters that all went to it are dead.
yeah, knight of sidonia is basically like a japanese adaption of dead space video game series.

you had me until hunter hunter. the original thus far was better because of all the good crap the remake cut out while still having a fricken crap load of filler
Hunter x Hunter 2011 had no filler at all. The only thing they cut out was the filler Hunter Exam phase from the original show which wasn't bad, just average uneccesary filler. My only problem was how Madhouse cut the story with Kite from the first episode, but they sorta made up for that later. The pacing and character designs (especially Killua) were improved and matched the manga more closely. The original is great, but the HD remake is nearly flawless and features many improvements. Just watch the first two episodes of the 1999 version and the rest of the 2011 remake and you will get the optimal experience.

This is coming from someone that has seen the 1999 version with all OVAs twice, the 2011 remake once and the Yorknew City and Chimera Ant arc in the remake twice, and owns every volume and is caught up to the manga.

they cut out a crap load of stuff and or changed many scenes and dragged out episodes that were shorter in the original.  The fact that you don't even remember kurapicas fight with hisoka which was just a tiny flashback in the remake shows your really foggy on the original. The only good design change for me thus far is having hisoka keep his red hair color.  I hated the blue it was fugly as hell. not a fan of needle chicks new design.  I liked her original better.  they also remade illumi into more of a joke character vs emotionless death machine that his original was.

illumi in the remake reminds me of a cross between vash the stampede and knives

Seriously though removing kurapica vs hisoka is a major strike against the remake for me as that was one of the best fights in the entire arc

They're basically the Call of Duty and Assassins Creed of anime
Well, can't watch SAO ever again. Of course I stopped caring too much whenever season 2 started. My wife watches anime a lot more than I do. The last few series I watched were Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, and Black Lagoon. I did watch the first 8 or so episodes of Log Horizon and really enjoyed it. Just got busy and haven't gone back.

they cut out a crap load of stuff and or changed many scenes and dragged out episodes that were shorter in the original. The fact that you don't even remember kurapicas fight with hisoka which was just a tiny flashback in the remake shows your really foggy on the original. The only good design change for me thus far is having hisoka keep his red hair color. I hated the blue it was fugly as hell. not a fan of needle chicks new design. I liked her original better. they also remade illumi into more of a joke character vs emotionless death machine that his original was.

illumi in the remake reminds me of a cross between vash the stampede and knives
They never dragged scenes out, and the new pacing was fine. Don't you remember Hisoka's censored fight against Kastro in the original? We got to see that along with more of Hisoka's violent actions such as him ripping off his own arms, Killua ripping out Jones' heart, Uvogin biting off a chunk off part of Leech's face, Uvogin's bloody body after the torture, and bloody fights wih the Chimera Ants. The original carries the equivalent of a PG-13 rating in Japan, while the remake was essentially R rated with a late night time slot. The improved animation and HD are just icing on the cake for an improved remake. I think both versions are great and worth watching, but the remake is better for someone who hasn't seen either because while there are a few downsides, the remake features far too many improvements to overlook.

killua rips out the guys heart in either version.  and they did show kastro lopping off one of hisokas arms in the original

hell the heart is in a bag of some sort in the remake where in the original they show it and killua crushes it in his bare hands so if anything the remake was the one that was MORE censored.

That makes no sense. Casual & hipster are at different ends.
If anything all the hate on these shows simply because they are the most popular is a hipster attitude.

I wish they let Sadao Maoh and Accelerator be playable. As well as Celty, Dokuro, and Koko.

Knights of Sidonia is amazing. The manga is also fantastic. Cant wait for the second season to adapt the rest.

I like Attack on Titan.  It is above average.  But both it and SAO are quite overrated.  The last time an anime was as massively overrated as this was Death Note and that was years ago. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back