Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You got Suikoden 2 sealed for under 10 bucks?
yep I have stupid luck like that. The sad part is I opened it played it for about 15 minutes hated it and sold it for 15. Biggest regret of my life once I found out how much it went for online. Another one nagging at me is all those sealed copies of legend of dragoon, ff7 and alundra the walmart was selling for 4$ each before they changed to a super center in 06-07. I hate myself for not picking them up could of made a killing.

To be fair I wasn't really into rpgs at the time I had only just started buying them after tales of symphonia, ffx and .hack got me in. I bought alot of games and was kinda trade crazy back between 2000-2005 since I wasn't working. But yeah between store closings, ebay and alot of game stores being in my area back then I got alot of rare games for under 10$

I bought it arc the lad 4 and I think A yuyuhakusho fighting game all for around 4-8$ a piece. only liked arc the lad out of the bunch oddly enough. I got the entire .hack quad back when they came out new for less than 10$ for the whole set off ebay, scored a free copy of pokemon silver off the back of a cereal box post card, got ff10 bundled with ffx2 at my record exchange for 20$. xenogears for 15$ ff8 and 9 for 6$ each, star ocean 3 for 2$ and 4$ (accidentally bought it twice).

god do I miss those times.

That's pretty amazing that you got the game so cheap. Personally I try not to ever regret passing on deals as I'll never be able to predict price spikes for games until they happen. I really wish the whole retro game market wasn't as a big as it is now, I know we can all remember when prices of games like Pokemon Red and Ocarina of Time actually reflected the massive printings and the games were around $5. It's too bad that people choose to pay inflated prices, as buyers set prices and demand, not sellers so even though I don't resell I think people who buy stuff at inflated prices are far more guilty than those who profit off of the fools.

yes and no.  On one hand they get away with those prices because of how rare the games have become in most cases and the convenience of online shopping.  If you feel like wasting the money and doing the leg work you can probably find all those ymmv sweet deals like the 30$ walmart border lands or whatever vita or the 80$ or whatever samsclub wind waker wiius.

now stuff like wild arms 5 arc rise fantasia and xenoblade are just ridiculous.

The games also will sit there for who knows how long until they sell or the seller lowers the price though.  

On the bright side at least alot of retro games are available digital these days or have ports.

Just bough 

Knack

Dynasty Warriors

Rayman

Guilty Gear

Capcom vs SNK

Monster Monpiece

I had planned to not spend anything this weekend rip wallet  :twoguns:

yes and no. On one hand they get away with those prices because of how rare the games have become in most cases and the convenience of online shopping. If you feel like wasting the money and doing the leg work you can probably find all those ymmv sweet deals like the 30$ walmart border lands or whatever vita or the 80$ or whatever samsclub wind waker wiius.

now stuff like wild arms 5 arc rise fantasia and xenoblade are just ridiculous.

The games also will sit there for who knows how long until they sell or the seller lowers the price though.

On the bright side at least alot of retro games are available digital these days or have ports.
Well none of those games started out expensive, but demand increased exponentially while supply couldn't keep up. The fact that the act of purchasing an item is what sets value is Economics 101. Put in simple terms, the direct relation between supply and the number of people willing to shell out their hard earned cash is what sets the price. Suikoden 2 wouldn't be worth much at all if it was in print as much as Final Fantasy 7; it's price is completely relative to the low supply and high demand because people want to purchase it physically. You're definitely right about the ease of ordering from home causing more people to be willing to spend more for an easier purchase. Some people value their time far too much to bother searching garage sales for games like Super Mario RPG and Earthbound which aren't even rare.

I'm definitely glad all these virtual console games and classics available cheap are around. But some companies are much better about this than others, and some companies won't release certain games even though it is so simple and profitable considering they have to do little to no marketing (E.V.O. Search for Eden, Suikoden 2 for a long period of time, Mega Man Legends, and Lunar 2: EB)

I don't think demand is that high is what I'm saying to trully justify those unrealistic price points.  Its also odd how they all just randomly skyrocketed.  especially wild arms 5 suddenly becoming rare.  Only reason I can fathom is because of gs not carrying ps2 games in most stores anymore and some or many buying up stock on them to hoard and resell.

Best deal I ever got was Steel Battalion (controller, box, everything) used, but like new from a GameStop for $35. The game was even still sealed in the bottom of the box. @_@

But these days GameStop actually pays attention, secures a secret extra print of rare games, and sells them at inflated 'used' prices. 

I just bought a Vita 2000 last week, and am really wishing I was paying attention to the fact that Dancing All Night is getting a limited console! Would have been all over that.

The character is Hijikata Mamoru from the manga Until Death Do Us Part
woo that was fast, lol. Didn't think it was a very popular series. I really need to get back to it. I stalled ages ago. Looks ilke it still ongoing. PM me if you want that Tales of Hearts R DLC code, pretty sure its still good

I don't think you can use the tohr codes still. I think they expired a few weeks after release. or I could just be confusing it with the time they were handing them out till.

yeah lord knows how many of the games I have in my backlog actually even work considering I don't test them often. I do check to see their condition at least but you'd never know if the disc had been resurfaced likely or had a printing error like the wiiu games and my so4 copy did. Or even worse in the case of carts as there are unscrupulous people out there who swap the outsides of carts among other things I read.

oooh I was so mad about that printing error on so4 though. can't believe I had wasted money on buying 2 copies for that game. Which is ironic as I bought 2 copies of so3 though that ones cool as one has the pink canadian plain box art while the other has the anime art. Im amazed I didn't repeat that mistake with 1 and 2 on psp -_-
officially they expired beginging of January i think. But I tested it out a week or so ago and it was still good then. Figure i should give it away before it really does expire.

As far as games in the backlog. Dont you test used games? I ALWAYS clean then test any used game i buy immediately. Its very easy to tell if a game has been resurfaced. You just have to look at it in the right light. Overhead cam lights seem to work best. BTW .. dumb question but SO4?

Hey, Monster Monpiece on sale in the PSN flash sale. I forget how much of it was censored. I'll have to look it up.

Some other games are on sale too like Tales of XIllia 2, Arcana Heart 3, Jojo, Digimon, Nep Rebirth 1.
I think they straight up removed some cards and heavily censored others... need to double check but pretty sure it will be a pass for me

Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement for PS3 is $6 on PSN this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yal_mEVf8U
Is this a sequel to the games on PS1? is it any good? Think I may snag it for $6. I really dont care for the graphics here. Oddly cartoony considering how serious/messed up the early games are if its based on the ps1 series. I remember its the first game i saw with a rape scene in it o_O

Wild Arms is the best PS1 RPG.
Nein! Suikoden easily. But some other people mentioned that =P

yep I have stupid luck like that. The sad part is I opened it played it for about 15 minutes hated it and sold it for 15. Biggest regret of my life once I found out how much it went for online. Another one nagging at me is all those sealed copies of legend of dragoon, ff7 and alundra the walmart was selling for 4$ each before they changed to a super center in 06-07. I hate myself for not picking them up could of made a killing.
ouch... just ouch. Man i cant facepalm for you hard enough. You opened and sold a sealed Suikoden 2 copy? You poor bastard =(

I was really considering getting Vandal Hearts but I can't. Those graphics/the art style is just awful. Plus I don't really want to play as kids with magic powers.

Vandal Hearts, at least the first one, is hiidious. You're penalized by getting less money the worse you do, so you can't buy better stuff....causing you to do worse. I don't know how anyone could enjoy a game that uses such a horrid catch 22.

Vandal Hearts, at least the first one, is hiidious. You're penalized by getting less money the worse you do, so you can't buy better stuff....causing you to do worse. I don't know how anyone could enjoy a game that uses such a horrid catch 22.
Are you kidding? The first Vandal Hearts is one of the best games ever imo. The blood splatter, the summons, etc. Man I beat that game so many times and it's still fun to this day. I never had a problem with money in that game.

on so4 my copy was like wiiu games in that it was new but wouldn't work due to a printing error.  disc had no marks or anything but wouldn't play the cutscenes on sarahs planet in the crypt or whatever.

on testing games I usually buy like new or vg and at least look at the discs

on so4 my copy was like wiiu games in that it was new but wouldn't work due to a printing error.  disc had no marks or anything but wouldn't play the cutscenes on sarahs planet in the crypt or whatever.

I think they straight up removed some cards and heavily censored others... need to double check but pretty sure it will be a pass for me
IIRC, they removed a dozen or so of the most revealing cards for the same number of characters, but that was it. I don't think I remember hearing about any cards actually being changed. They were either removed or left alone.

so if you want some visual novel love on the PC the indiegala bundle isn't to bad.

3258245973.jpg

IIRC, they removed a dozen or so of the most revealing cards for the same number of characters, but that was it. I don't think I remember hearing about any cards actually being changed. They were either removed or left alone.
I don't think they removed cards, but the artwork that was on some of them. Basically, when you power up a card, the artwork changes (more revealing), so sometimes the picture doesn't change for the US release. It's easy to look up a picture of all the removed artwork and decide if it's worth getting annoyed over :).

I don't think they removed cards, but the artwork that was on some of them. Basically, when you power up a card, the artwork changes (more revealing), so sometimes the picture doesn't change for the US release. It's easy to look up a picture of all the removed artwork and decide if it's worth getting annoyed over :).
Exactly what they did... The cards are still there, the artwork doesn't change when upgraded.

So i notice the second half of bravely default got wayyyyyy repetitive... Makes me not wanna finish it. (Hint: Airy : Almost there! Agnes: ngfnrene nfnr...)

So i notice the second half of bravely default got wayyyyyy repetitive... Makes me not wanna finish it. (Hint: Airy : Almost there! Agnes: ngfnrene nfnr...)
You have two choices:

A. Keep at it and get to a very epic True Ending

or B. Sequence break and get a Normal Ending.

You have two choices:

A. Keep at it and get to a very epic True Ending

or B. Sequence break and get a Normal Ending.
yah it dig get repitive, but just turn the level down to make it go a little quicker, if you dont play to see all the endings and not try to max out all jobs and do the sidequests, it shouldnt take that long, i went for 100%, took about 180hrs but it wasnt as bad as some jrpgs, got my moneys worth for that game, just wish they would annouce a west date already, and i hope that the collectors edition isnt a se store exclusive, hate using that store

so if you want some visual novel love on the PC the indiegala bundle isn't to bad.
Are these DRM free? I can't tell.
in general indie gala just gives out steam keys not DRM free versions.
FWIW, Winter Wolves games will run straight from the exe without forcing the Steam client to run and they don't have any other extra DRM on them. After you do the initial key activation on Steam and download them they are essentially DRM free at that point.

Of course it goes without saying that if you don't run them from the Steam client you won't get the achievements and trading cards etc.

Man, I missed out on the Atelier Shallie LE. Oh well, I still nee dto play the first 2 in the series and write guides for them,

Are you gfaqs krystal? If so thanks for the hard work on the guides you made.
Wow it really is Krystal109, your Hyperdimension Neptunia guides are a godsend. The most detailed and to be honest, possible the only guides for those games. The quests are impossible without your guides, like how the hell are you supposed to know what a 1000-year turtle is? Wow words can not express my gratitude toward your guides, thanks for helping the community out. You are a true genius and pioneer for the gaming guide community.

Wow it really is Krystal109, your Hyperdimension Neptunia guides are a godsend. The most detailed and to be honest, possible the only guides for those games. The quests are impossible without your guides, like how the hell are you supposed to know what a 1000-year turtle is? Wow words can not express my gratitude toward your guides, thanks for helping the community out. You are a true genius and pioneer for the gaming guide community.
There's a good chance I've used the same walkthroughs for some of the grinding parts of the games. My first PS3 Platinum was Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2, so I hold a special place for those games. I plan on playing all of them, so I'll no doubt end up using more of the faqs.

staples glitch $15 off coupon online code 84260. hurry before it is dead, stolen from SD
Hah. No way in hell would I trust Staples with that.

Last time I did they shadily charged me the full price, and made me jump through all sorts of hoops to get credited back. And I just ended up returning it instore

Hah. No way in hell would I trust Staples with that.

Last time I did they shadily charged me the full price, and made me jump through all sorts of hoops to get credited back. And I just ended up returning it instore
i got nothing to lose, worst case they charge me full price. i will just return it

I know I mentioned this before but look at how glorious the Operation Abyss LE will look. A big pretty good sized artbook!

Link

In other news, I was looking on the NISA website and it looks like it's coming out June 9th now. Huge delay but now it fits more into my release schedule for playing games so I'll likely get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back