Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Danganronpa 3 announcement. Leggo. Jk. :lol:

For those of you who havent beaten/played Danganronpa, dont watch the trailer for Ultra Girls Despair. It contains spoilers.

Wait...that's it? They considered Disgaea 5 among their big announcements? I didn't see anything that qualified as NISA's "biggest yet", unless Rodea the Sky Soldier is a bigger deal than it sounds (I know Yuji Naka worked on it). Also...

NISA said the hint involves a 3rd game in a series involving watches and 9 strangers, I cant figure out what it is.
What the heck was this all about, anyway? That doesn't fit any of the 3 games they announced...plus the Zero Escape series belongs to Aksys, not NISA. :whistle2:k

Wait...that's it? They considered Disgaea 5 among their big announcements? I didn't see anything that qualified as NISA's "biggest yet", unless Rodea the Sky Soldier is a bigger deal than it sounds (I know Yuji Naka worked on it). Also...

What the heck was this all about, anyway? That doesn't fit any of the 3 games they announced...plus the Zero Escape series belongs to Aksys, not NISA. :whistle2:k
yeah I don't get why they considered disgaea 5 among their big announcements, when they in fact didn't actually announce anything for disgaea 5, merely restated what was already announced.

Why would they move it from PS3 to Xbox 1 lol? That makes no sense at all as that's jumping up a hardware generation--not just porting to competing hardware. What you are trying to say is that you want them to move to 8th gen, which would surely be PS4--although I'm still all for them going to both platforms for more exposure. You said Xbox, though, which wasn't specific to 360 or XB1--and since they are being released on PS3, it was safe to assume you meant 360. Now when they do move to the 8th gen, it would be awesome if they moved to PS4, Xb1, and PC. That would surely be best for the series.
I did say xbox 1 the second time in that very post. Also if you were going to make a stupid argument about specifics you forgot the original xbox exists. I only brought up the xbox 1 as they are porting it to ps4. might as well cover the xbox 1 and possibly wiiu since they are multi porting it to pc and ps4 as is. I mean if you are gonna do it either full ass or don't bother at all :p

Of course the former post is technically right that if they don't bother to program the game right it will still run like ass. Though I would still argue part of its the games being on ps3 in the first place. Considering the games have had running issues since vesperia (and it getting horribly worse with the xillias and zestiria) and the ps3's history for being a nightmare to work with zestiria will more than likely run better on the ps4. Its also not like people won'r find a way to tweak it to run better on the pc steam version either.

Is it possible for us to have something with links to games that are coming out. 

Maybe a wiki or edit to first page? I cant keep track of all the stuff coming that is mentioned in this thread.

My copy of Hyperdevotion Noire LE shipped today and is suppose to arrive on Friday

Won't be home to open it though. firefly LE is suppose to ship tomorrow

Re: Tales, I vaguely remember reading that Namco stated it was sticking with Sony consoles from that point forward. But I may be misremembering...and such a statement can always be retracted anyway.

I did say xbox 1 the second time in that very post. Also if you were going to make a stupid argument about specifics you forgot the original xbox exists. I only brought up the xbox 1 as they are porting it to ps4. might as well cover the xbox 1 and possibly wiiu since they are multi porting it to pc and ps4 as is. I mean if you are gonna do it either full ass or don't bother at all :p

Of course the former post is technically right that if they don't bother to program the game right it will still run like ass. Though I would still argue part of its the games being on ps3 in the first place. Considering the games have had running issues since vesperia (and it getting horribly worse with the xillias and zestiria) and the ps3's history for being a nightmare to work with zestiria will more than likely run better on the ps4. Its also not like people won'r find a way to tweak it to run better on the pc steam version either.
Is the PS4 Zestiria actually confirmed? I thought that was still just a rumour. If so, that's awesome. Moving to current gen will definitely help matters, as the old consoles are long past their usefulness. I was just confused by you saying that moving it to Xbox would help it run better. It just needs to move to the 8th gen--either console will do. I'll have to go Google Zestiria on PS4, as that's awesome if it's been confirmed!

Edit: Did some looking and it looks like nothing has been nailed down yet regarding a PS4 port. Looks like it's stuck on old ass hardware for now. Unless there's a Steam version, I may hold off on playing it for a little while to give them a chance to announce a port.

I'm hoping that them hyping this new announcement for Danganronpa so much will help get more people to play it. I'm nearly done with the first, and the games are incredibly unique and very captivating. Definitely a series that anyone into Japanese games is sure to eat up.

That's sad, because not a year ago NISA was the shit when it came to customer support. I always got a reply from their email support within a few hours of submitting my claim/issue/question.

Yeah, I agree. But over the last year, their packaging has improved greatly, but getting a hold of someone is like pulling teeth. I don't know what happened. I can email them now, and I may get a reply, I may not. It can take days, and sometimes weeks later they finally reply. I used to get someone by phone 99% of the time, but the last few calls have gone unanswered. Luckily, I haven't had any issues with my last 2 orders, but I'm not hopeful for any future CS issues I may have.
Yea, im very disappointed in the quality drop we've seen with NISA. The thing i loved the most about the company was their customer service. The few times i had an issue they always answered the phone right away and fixed the problem right away. Now you cant even get ahold of anyone most of the time. Ive been trying off and on for over a week to call them about my damaged copy of criminal girls LE. Not sure if i should just keep calling or send them an email. Anyone found the email t be worth a damn? I rarely get a response. Should i use their online form or one of the addresses?

Im worried that if i take too long i may not even be able to get a replacement. I guess at the very least i should get my money back though. Not like i particulary want this LE anyway

Im guessing since theyve gotten a bit more popular/bigger they've just gotten more corporate and less fan friendly. Still, its a bit ridiculous how big a drop their CS seems to have taken

So like, should I wait for Another Episode to come out and play that before I play the 2nd one or go ahead and play the 2nd one then play Another Episode?

So like, should I wait for Another Episode to come out and play that before I play the 2nd one or go ahead and play the 2nd one then play Another Episode?
Another Episode takes place between 1 and 2, but it's meant to tie up loose ends for both games. Play both games before playing AE.

Yea, im very disappointed in the quality drop we've seen with NISA. The thing i loved the most about the company was their customer service. The few times i had an issue they always answered the phone right away and fixed the problem right away. Now you cant even get ahold of anyone most of the time. Ive been trying off and on for over a week to call them about my damaged copy of criminal girls LE. Not sure if i should just keep calling or send them an email. Anyone found the email t be worth a damn? I rarely get a response. Should i use their online form or one of the addresses?

Im worried that if i take too long i may not even be able to get a replacement. I guess at the very least i should get my money back though. Not like i particulary want this LE anyway

Im guessing since theyve gotten a bit more popular/bigger they've just gotten more corporate and less fan friendly. Still, its a bit ridiculous how big a drop their CS seems to have taken
no right answer, still waiting for a reply from my phone and email i left from back in january when they started sending emails about their screw ups, their is a direct number with someone answering and not the voicemail crap number they give u on their site but i dont know where to find it, someone posts way back about it, might be your best bet

I still haven't gotten an answer about the $5 reward for purchases prior to the website changing.  3 separate emails sent to them with 0 response.  Customer service is definitely sub-par since this change-over in my books.

Re: Tales, I vaguely remember reading that Namco stated it was sticking with Sony consoles from that point forward. But I may be misremembering...and such a statement can always be retracted anyway.
Oh they did say that and they also said they wern't going to make ps4 titles or ports or remakes or release hearts r and many other things. They love to flat out lie. Its one of their responsibilities as a company.

Though technically it wouldn't be lying for a steam release as its not a console but meh thats just splitting hairs. They'll port crap like it is no tomorrow given time.

Its either that or go straight into dev for their next mothership ps3 title and I don't think its wise to release one stand alone considering they have technical issues with the current ones. Plus It would be out late 2016 for na and I'm not sure releasing tales that late into the ps3 life time is a good idea. I imagine alot of people will be moving on to ps4 after fftype 0 and then ff15 eventually next year.

Is the PS4 Zestiria actually confirmed? I thought that was still just a rumour. If so, that's awesome. Moving to current gen will definitely help matters, as the old consoles are long past their usefulness. I was just confused by you saying that moving it to Xbox would help it run better. It just needs to move to the 8th gen--either console will do. I'll have to go Google Zestiria on PS4, as that's awesome if it's been confirmed!

Edit: Did some looking and it looks like nothing has been nailed down yet regarding a PS4 port. Looks like it's stuck on old ass hardware for now. Unless there's a Steam version, I may hold off on playing it for a little while to give them a chance to announce a port.
Its in a ps4 video game commercial video on youtube but neither it or zestiria steam have been confirmed by bamco as of yet. Of course they wouldn't want to confirm it as that would tick off fans.

I'm hopeful that since the na version won't be out for months probably august release that they will localize the steam and ps4 versions as well as the ps3 instead of just giving us the crappy version and hoarding the good one in jpn. I actually think there's good points for the steam release getting localized at least since people brought up in the forums that steam is better situated outside jpn price and content wise.

On the subject of Zestiria For anyone that cares they found an asch glitch to keep alicia in the party. You can do basically everything but story triggers. It involves equipping or unequipping an attachment in front of locked out areas and you just phase right through the npcs. Similar to the tile glitch to get kutan instead of magic sword chick in ff6.

Oh they did say that and they also said they wern't going to make ps4 titles or ports or remakes or release hearts r and many other things. They love to flat out lie. Its one of their responsibilities as a company.
Money talks. If people buy enough of their other titles, then they'll release what they swear they wouldn't. I hoped that the Tales of Hearts R release sold enough for them to consider Tales of Innocence R.

I'm pretty sure the sales of Tales of Xillia 1& 2, plus Graces f, and Symphonia sales showed them releasing Zestria in NA was a lucrative move.

Money talks. If people buy enough of their other titles, then they'll release what they swear they wouldn't. I hoped that the Tales of Hearts R release sold enough for them to consider Tales of Innocence R.

I'm pretty sure the sales of Tales of Xillia 1& 2, plus Graces f, and Symphonia sales showed them releasing Zestria in NA was a lucrative move.
actually all of those sold like crap outside xillia 1. In fact I believe xillia 2 is the worst selling title for na at around 40k something. I imagine the only reason they are localizing tales games anymore is because they do it in house instead of in a separate branch an found ways to cut costs (like the really poor audio recording quality they used in xillia).

On the subject of hearts r yeah it sold pretty decently considering it needed a reprint at launch to fulfill all the online orders they got slammed with totally not bitter about that still So I'm hopeful that they see its profitable enough to release innocence sub only like hearts was. If it ment more titles got localized that wouldn't without sub only I'd take what I could get. Now if only they could do some more R titles. TORR TODRDCR TOLR TOD2R ect. but make them on ps3/4 that way they don't sell like crap in jpn. And yes that acronym is remake directors cut remake. Hopefully they could find a better one for it. Oh they use r for reimagining so that could work in that games case.

actually all of those sold like crap outside xillia 1. In fact I believe xillia 2 is the worst selling title for na at around 40k something. I imagine the only reason they are localizing tales games anymore is because they do it in house instead of in a separate branch an found ways to cut costs (like the really poor audio recording quality they used in xillia).

On the subject of hearts r yeah it sold pretty decently considering it needed a reprint at launch to fulfill all the online orders they got slammed with totally not bitter about that still So I'm hopeful that they see its profitable enough to release innocence sub only like hearts was. If it ment more titles got localized that wouldn't without sub only I'd take what I could get. Now if only they could do some more R titles. TORR TODRDCR TOLR TOD2R ect. but make them on ps3/4 that way they don't sell like crap in jpn. And yes that acronym is remake directors cut remake. Hopefully they could find a better one for it. Oh they use r for reimagining so that could work in that games case.
Yeah, I completely misread the sales amount in the US. Pretty sure I read the international as the NA ones. I'd be all for more Vita ports of the game. Wouldn't doubt we'd see more digital releases to cut down on the cost of physical ports.

8-4 being localizing every Tales since Tales of Abyss, and Cup of tea being doing the voice acting. Namco doesnt have anyone in house.

I grabbed monster monpiece for my pstv during the valentines sale. Its a pretty decent card battle game.

The rub scenes are a bit awkward, but nothing all that inappropriate, since they censored some.

See, you can't "rub" your TV so you just use the virtual touch screen, which means you hover around to find a "sweet spot" on the card, and mash X on it. Mostly covered privates... but....

This was kinky... the one girl. I had to poke her in the eye 400 times to power her card up. That made me feel uncomfortable....phew...

I grabbed monster monpiece for my pstv during the valentines sale. Its a pretty decent card battle game.

The rub scenes are a bit awkward, but nothing all that inappropriate, since they censored some.

See, you can't "rub" your TV so you just use the virtual touch screen, which means you hover around to find a "sweet spot" on the card, and mash X on it. Mostly covered privates... but....

This was kinky... the one girl. I had to poke her in the eye 400 times to power her card up. That made me feel uncomfortable....phew...
I might end up getting that game one day. I've just platinumed Senran Kagura Shinovi Verses, and previously Akiba's Trip, so I understand what you mean about the awkward feeling. I made sure the volume was always down and the screen was away from everyone when I played. Think I'll avoid playing Criminal Girls and go to a less pervy game style.

I might end up getting that game one day. I've just platinumed Senran Kagura Shinovi Verses, and previously Akiba's Trip, so I understand what you mean about the awkward feeling. I made sure the volume was always down and the screen was away from everyone when I played. Think I'll avoid playing Criminal Girls and go to a less pervy game style.
did not see a single thing wrong with Criminal Girls. maybe it was way edited but what i played i did not think anything was so bad about it.

about the black hearts you must of shipped out eariler then mine or something. Mine is shipping from Cali . Im in indiana and wont get here till monday. Was hoping sunday but still last scan shows leaving cali Thursday night at 8pm. With the snowstorm hitting indy tonight there is no chance its getting here saturday. Guess i got to wait till monday

(mine shipped thursday)

Despicable-Me-2-Minions-Cheer-In-a-Crowd-Of-Minions.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back