Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this at your store:
"Notice:
Currently, we can only ship through our PayPal store to locations in the continental United States."

Sigh, :(

[quote name='Wargamer']I just saw this at your store:
"Notice:
Currently, we can only ship through our PayPal store to locations in the continental United States."

Sigh, :([/QUOTE]
Yeah. We did ship something to Alaska a bit ago, though. I think that if it doesn't have to go through customs, we might be able to ship to Puerto Rico. I honestly don't know, though.

[quote name='Wargamer']I just saw this at your store:
"Notice:

Sigh, :([/QUOTE]

Stores do that cause they only charge a flat shipping rate...

cause it is a flat rate, what they charge you does not cover the cost to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Porto Rico nor the US Virgin Islands.

If you have a FedEx or UPS account you could ask their customer service if they could ship to you using your shipping account... That is if they use UPS or FedEx.

The flat rate has it's perks since it could be a profit center for businesses since often times shipping costs less than what they charge...

[quote name='arcane93']Heh, yeah, that's what I've been thinking as I've read a lot of these comments. People asking for 50% off on relatively new titles are dreaming. Sure, most titles do go down to that eventually, but only after they've been out for a while and sales have dropped off, and usually then only when the publishers, distributors, and/or stores are trying to clear out their excess stock. Unless the title was a complete and utter bomb, it's not going to happen for a game from a small publisher that is only a few months old (less than that for those asking for 999 -- it hasn't even been out for a month yet).

I mean, seriously, ask for 15 or 20% off, that's fairly reasonable. 30% off, maybe, though it's stretching. 50% off, you're asking the company to forgo most of their profit margin, maybe even take a loss while they're still recouping development and production expenses. That's really kind of insulting. If you want it that cheap, wait until it hits the clearance bin.[/QUOTE]

Well, I actually do expect something more than 15-20% off for a big sale direct from a publisher (and listed in a deals thread on CAG), but I can wait. Continuum Shift released at the end of July, so it's been out for four-and-a-half months now. According to the CAG price tracker for the last 30 days, the PS3 version actually dipped down under $34 for about a week, but it's hovered in my Amazon recommendations for roughly $37 for most of its time out. $6 off a $40 game (so 15% off) is all right, but I've learned to wait on new releases without sizable promo deals -- and occasionally even with.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=prices&gameid=19404

Like I said in my original post, I wouldn't mind settling for less than $30 (so 30% off), but it's never been that cheap new as far as I know, and I'd of course prefer to save more money if I can. Regular MadCatz TE stick sales run 33% off at $100, so maybe I've just been spoiled by CAG-level pricing. One can still dream, however (if not for this year, then perhaps the next)...

If there's more Jake Hunter on Monday I'll definitely be grabbing one.

[quote name='belisarius']Yeah. We did ship something to Alaska a bit ago, though. I think that if it doesn't have to go through customs, we might be able to ship to Puerto Rico. I honestly don't know, though.[/QUOTE]

I used to live in PR and the state/no state shipping thing has always been a pain. It really varies from site to site. But it should be the same as shipping to Alaska. I feel bad for all the people that live in Puerto Rico that pay shipping for Amazon stuff just because they haven't figured out how to go around it. I would totally volunteer to get it shipped to me and take it with me to PR but I doubt it will get here on time. Not that anyone would agree to something that crazy lol but I completely understand yoru frustration, Wargamer.

Well I'll be waiting on confirmation if Puerto Rico applies. If so, you'll almost surely get an order for Agarest on late Monday. If I enjoy it, I'll think about writing a review on it, even if it is almost a year old.

In other news, tomorrow is RPG day on Amazon's 17 day of Xmas. What games from the companies listed here do you think will show up?

Demon Souls back down to $15.99 for Amazon's daily sale (RPG for Monday) - Artbook & CD is $19.99 (cheaper than Black Friday)

3D Dot Game Heroes is $15.99

Ignition's Arc Rise Fantasia is $21.99

But great deals on Square Enix Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games.

[quote name='kndy']Demon Souls back down to $15.99 for Amazon's daily sale (RPG for Monday) - Artbook & CD is $19.99 (cheaper than Black Friday)

3D Dot Game Heroes is $15.99

Ignition's Arc Rise Fantasia is $21.99

But great deals on Square Enix Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games.[/QUOTE]

For everyone's convenience: Linky :joystick:

Quick update on the Deal With It sale:
Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + are, unfortunately, sold out. So I was wrong about us having more Jake Hunter. :( Amazon still has a bunch of MoTP, if you want it, but sadly it is not on sale there.

I'm still looking into shipping to Puerto Rico, and I'll post here with the answer once I've got it, in case anyone else is curious.

[quote name='belisarius']Quick update on the Deal With It sale:
Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + are, unfortunately, sold out. So I was wrong about us having more Jake Hunter. :( Amazon still has a bunch of MoTP, if you want it, but sadly it is not on sale there.[/QUOTE]

Sold out as in no longer available right now during the sale, or sold out as in out-of-print and will not be available again at all? One thing that it would be awesome if you could provide to us (don't know if you can do it or not) would be info on when titles are going out-of-print, so that we know to grab them for our collections if we want them before they're only available on eBay at insane prices.

[quote name='arcane93']Sold out as in no longer available right now during the sale, or sold out as in out-of-print and will not be available again at all? One thing that it would be awesome if you could provide to us (don't know if you can do it or not) would be info on when titles are going out-of-print, so that we know to grab them for our collections if we want them before they're only available on eBay at insane prices.[/QUOTE]
Sold out as in we don't have any more of them. I suppose it would be accurate to say "out of print", since the chances of us ordering another print run of either of those games is pretty slim. Amazon has a few copies of MoTP and a very small number of copies of GGXXACP for the PSP, so if you really want one, I'd suggest you get them there, and soon.

As far as advance notice... That's hard. It's difficult to know when we might run out of a given game, but most of our smaller games (i.e., Jake Hunter) only ever have a single print run. If you're every curious about a particular game, though, feel free to PM me or something, and I'll see if I can find anything out.

[quote name='belisarius']You get a job at Aksys. :3[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting about these great deals!!! I bought 3 games from the Aksys site!! Woo!!!

I'm just wondering if the Record of Agarest War set is coming in that "Naughty Edition" box... the checkout listed the game as "standard ed." + mousepad and pillow case, which makes me think that you guys are mailing the two extras with a standard copy of the game (i.e. no soundtrack or special boxing). Either way, I'm happy to get this set so cheap! :bouncy: Just curious about what I'll actually be getting! ;)

Give Aksys a BIG THANKS for me!

[quote name='Magikarp830']Thanks for posting about these great deals!!! I bought 3 games from the Aksys site!! Woo!!!

I'm just wondering if the Record of Agarest War set is coming in that "Naughty Edition" box... the checkout listed the game as "standard ed." + mousepad and pillow case, which makes me think that you guys are mailing the two extras with a standard copy of the game (i.e. no soundtrack or special boxing). Either way, I'm happy to get this set so cheap! :bouncy: Just curious about what I'll actually be getting! ;)

Give Aksys a BIG THANKS for me![/QUOTE]
:bouncy:
[quote name='belisarius']It does not come in the "Naughty" box. It's the standard edition of the game, and the mousepad and pillowcase are just shipped with it. No special packaging.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='belisarius']No problem. Here's a picture of the box, actually, if you like that sort of thing:
mimanabox.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I wonder if your store ships it in a box? Last thing one wants is a crushed/danged box with creases all over. This box must have lot of empty space inside since it looks way bigger than a PSP case and a CD combined.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Thanks for posting about these great deals!!! I bought 3 games from the Aksys site!! Woo!!!

Give Aksys a BIG THANKS for me![/QUOTE]
Wargamer is correct: It is not the "Naughty" box—just the standard edition of the game, with a mousepad and pillowcase shipped along with it.

Also, you're welcome. :)

[quote name='eau']I wonder if your store ships it in a box? Last thing one wants is a crushed/danged box with creases all over. This box must have lot of empty space inside since it looks way bigger than a PSP case and a CD combined.[/QUOTE]

It does have a lot of empty space. Mine's lighter than anticipated when I got mine. Mine came with a small crease from a third party Amazon store about a month ago, and was packaged well, so I'm guessing it was crushed in their warehouse, and not in transition.

[quote name='eau']I wonder if your store ships it in a box? Last thing one wants is a crushed/danged box with creases all over. This box must have lot of empty space inside since it looks way bigger than a PSP case and a CD combined.[/QUOTE]
Our shipping gentleman tells me that our games are shipped as one would ship an infant: In a cardboard box with sufficient padding.

Can someone please confirm if the "Mimana Iyar Chronicle" soundtrack that is included in the box set (sold during the Aksys sale) features the Japanese vocals or are the songs featuring the English dub voice talent?

[quote name='kndy']Can someone please confirm if the "Mimana Iyar Chronicle" soundtrack that is included in the box set (sold during the Aksys sale) features the Japanese vocals or are the songs featuring the English dub voice talent?[/QUOTE]
The only tracks to feature vocals do use the English voice talent, but there aren't any words—She just sings some "la la lala" stuff. The Japanese versions were the same (no words), we only changed them so that the voice would match the US actress.

[quote name='belisarius']The only tracks to feature vocals do use the English voice talent, but there aren't any words—She just sings some "la la lala" stuff. The Japanese versions were the same (no words), we only changed them so that the voice would match the US actress.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Belisarius!

[quote name='Wargamer']:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, dude! That was a quick response... (Also, big thanks for not obnoxiously telling me to read through all the pages for said answer! :applause:)

[quote name='belisarius']Wargamer is correct: It is not the "Naughty" box—just the standard edition of the game, with a mousepad and pillowcase shipped along with it.

Also, you're welcome. :)[/QUOTE]
Groovy. Your checkout text accurately communicated the contents, then! This Xmas ROCKS!!!! :lol:

[quote name='Purkeynator']Muramasa and Nostalgia are both $14.99 at K-mart in the dump bins up front.[/QUOTE]

Is Nostalgia any good? $15 is a decent price.

[quote name='Optical']Is Nostalgia any good? $15 is a decent price.[/QUOTE]

I heard it's pretty bland. Not into 3D sprites myself though. If you actually like RPGs, I'd probably day go for it at $10~$15. If not, I probably wouldn't bother.

I started playing Nostalgia and just went "ehh..." after about five minutes. Maybe it gets better, but honestly I wasn't about to risk my time on that.

NIS America's LAST REBELLION has dropped again within the last six hours. Now $12.97! (Amazon-PS3)
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Rebellio..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1292566397&sr=1-1

Atlus' "Naruto Shippuuden: Naruto vs. Sasuke" (DS) has dropped to $14.99
http://www.amazon.com/Naruto-Shippu...3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292567210&sr=1-53

Atlus' "NARUTO Shippuden: Ninja Destiny 2" (DS) has dropped to $16.87
http://www.amazon.com/NARUTO-Shippuden-Ninja-Destiny-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0026EV5M0/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

Atlus' "Naruto Shippuden: Dragon Blade Chronicles" (WII) has dropped to $20.99
http://www.amazon.com/Naruto-Shippuden-Dragon-Chronicles-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003Z9L3FY/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

Atlus' "Tokyo Beat Down" (DS) is being sold on Amazon for $4.96 by third party. Shipping is $3.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-Beat-Do...9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292566802&sr=1-19

Atlus' "Bomberland Touch!" (DS) also dropped to $13.15 new on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Bomberman-Lan...1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292566824&sr=1-21

Atlus' Octomania (WII) has dropped (used) to $4.99
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=69512

Saw a few DS games of interest at Costco--$15 each--earlier this evening:

- Ivy the Kiwi (mentioned many pages back, I think)
- The Wizard of Oz

There were a few bajillion copies of both titles, so I suspect they'll be pretty easy to find; then again, Costco sometimes works in mysterious ways.

I'm surprised Bladestorm has gone down in price like that. The game went down for a while after release and then shot back up to the $60 range.

I'd highly recommend the game to any of the Koei fans out there.

[quote name='Waffles']Saw a few DS games of interest at Costco--$15 each--earlier this evening:

- Ivy the Kiwi (mentioned many pages back, I think)
- The Wizard of Oz

There were a few bajillion copies of both titles, so I suspect they'll be pretty easy to find; then again, Costco sometimes works in mysterious ways.[/QUOTE]

These were on sale for $9.99 at Costco a couple weeks back. Thread and everything.

[quote name='elessar123']These were on sale for $9.99 at Costco a couple weeks back. Thread and everything.[/QUOTE]

Whoops; I just checked this thread (where I found Ivy), not the whole forum. My bad.

KOEI's "Bladestorm Hundred Years War" has dropped to $19.99 (PS3)
http://www.amazon.com/Bladestorm-Hu..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292656284&sr=1-1

UPDATE: This is 3rd party... damn! My bad!

Way of the Samurai for the PS3 dropped to $16.72 though....

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Samurai-3..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292656573&sr=1-1

and $13.35 for the XB360
http://www.amazon.com/Way-Samurai-3..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292656573&sr=1-2

---
Another game to throw in for those needing to make up the $25 free shipping to Amazon:

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo - $8.99 (WII) - Cheaper than Black Friday
http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-R..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292657036&sr=1-4

After debating it over and over...decided to bite on the Atlus "Legend of Y's I & II". I've been looking for the DS game but could never find it new only used with everything missing include the soundtrack CD. And I was hoping the PSP chronicles version would be coming out but after a year, but maybe not. Anyway, it's on Amazon now for $19.59 (Hubbagames) but I'm hoping it comes with the soundtrack. After two years I think...finally purchased it.

UPDATED: Y's Link is here -> http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Ys-Boo...OW/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1292690059&sr=8-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back