Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
While I take the NISA store weaving the awful shipping cost as a good thing, are their customer service still piss poor like the Rosenqueen days? I wanted to order from them several times before, but the horror stories about their CS scared me off.

[quote name='n1c0']While I take the NISA store weaving the awful shipping cost as a good thing, are their customer service still piss poor like the Rosenqueen days? I wanted to order from them several times before, but the horror stories about their CS scared me off.[/QUOTE]

my experiences with the CS last year hasn't been bad... granted though I haven't had a problem on my orders I was just asking them some questions.

Hopefully though with the change of online store, and change of shipping polices over all they are working to make a better online experience.

[quote name='Waffles']Amazon has Phantom Brave PSP for $19.99 right now. I thought this was a $30 game, but between this and Overstock's $23 shipped price... I'm starting to wonder.

http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Brave-Hermuda-Triangle-Sony-PSP/dp/B004CVR8K8/[/QUOTE]

if it is I might have to bite, already bought it on the wii (good game) but having it on the go can be nice as well.

I am sure Nis will price it soon enough.

on a side note the free shipping i mentioned earlier on the nis site seems to be gone again now, so who knows when it will be back up but as I said a nis REP mentioned they were changing their shipping

the rep saying stuff can be found here reps user name is NickyD

Remember, Amazon does have their Pre-order Price Guarantee, so if you lock it in now at $19.99, that's what you'll pay whether it stays at $19.99 or is a typo and should be at $29.99. Plus if it drops, you'll get the lower price too. :)

[quote name='Altanis']Remember, Amazon does have their Pre-order Price Guarantee, so if you lock it in now at $19.99, that's what you'll pay whether it stays at $19.99 or is a typo and should be at $29.99. Plus if it drops, you'll get the lower price too. :)[/QUOTE]

true true, I will have to sleep on it though. It comes out 8 days to late for me lol. In preparation for Disgaea 4 I have banned myself from playing any nis SRPG after Feb 28th. That way when Disgaea 4 comes out I will really be wanting to play it. (I made the mistake of playing a lot of disgaea 2 right before 3 came out and have yet to break the 100 hour mark in 3 despite hitting 600 in disgaea 2 lol)

meh I can always cancel the order... *preorders for now*

Was going to post about that but saw this thread instead, I could of SWORN it was like $39.99 just the other day on Amazon so I was shocked to see it at $19.99 on there tonight.

This is a UMD version right & not some crappy Digital download?

[quote name='elessar123']:ds:Spectral Force Genesis is down to $10.42 at Amazon. Makes me wish I had waited.[/QUOTE]

Most of the reviews I've seen haven't been too kind to that title. Have you played it? What are your thoughts?

I can't help but notice the OP has Muramasa: The Demon Blade filed under XSEED.. its published by Ignition Entertainment (newegg has their page wrong).

[quote name='Slermy']Most of the reviews I've seen haven't been too kind to that title. Have you played it? What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, because I'm not a fan of console RTS. The psp games aren't well received either. I'd pass, unless you bought it for collecting purposes, like me.

[quote name='Slermy']Most of the reviews I've seen haven't been too kind to that title. Have you played it? What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

got it the first day it came out ... found it very hard to understand and tossed it back up on ebay to recoup the money... i do have another one still sealed (paid 15) maybe one day i will open it

Just wanted to post that Record of Agarest War on the PSN was discounted to $29.99 yesterday.

I know you brought the topic of discounting the price up to management Belisarius, so thanks if you are reading. I was hoping this would be $19.99 since we PS3 owners don't get the physical copy and bonuses the 360 fans get, but this isn't bad.

Yeah, Spectral Force Genesis is absolute shit. You may think "Oh, okay, I'm liking this" for the first few minutes, but once you've maxed your wealth in five minutes, you realize the game simply becomes a war of attrition versus the computer players.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Yeah, Spectral Force Genesis is absolute shit. You may think "Oh, okay, I'm liking this" for the first few minutes, but once you've maxed your wealth in five minutes, you realize the game simply becomes a war of attrition versus the computer players.[/QUOTE]
That sounds... absolutely horrible. I mean, I'm a person that can likely get $10 out of even the worst games available, and I don't think I could get $10 of enjoyment out of that game.

[quote name='jling84']Just wanted to post that Record of Agarest War on the PSN was discounted to $29.99 yesterday.

I know you brought the topic of discounting the price up to management Belisarius, so thanks if you are reading. I was hoping this would be $19.99 since we PS3 owners don't get the physical copy and bonuses the 360 fans get, but this isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Still on sale as I just bought it.

I noticed From the Abyss is 6.99 on Amazon. Sold by Hubbagames and fulfilled by amazon.

Looks terrible. I can't even tell if it's a guy or a girl on the cover. Should I even bother?

[quote name='2DMention']I noticed From the Abyss is 6.99 on Amazon. Sold by Hubbagames and fulfilled by amazon.

Looks terrible. I can't even tell if it's a guy or a girl on the cover. Should I even bother?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty fun actually. Not the best game, but also not the worst game around. Worth the buy for that price.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's pretty fun actually. Not the best game, but also not the worst game around. Worth the buy for that price.[/QUOTE]
This.

I found it at a local Kmart in one of their dump bins for $9.99. It's not the best game, but it's pretty fun. You really just have to be into the dungeon-crawler style though to enjoy it. It's a solid C/C+ title though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Ys Seven and Ys Oath of Felgana LE's for PSP are $30 at Gamestop B&M (online sold out.)[/QUOTE]
Picked up both of these today, as well as SMT: Strange Journey. A lot of the deals in this thread seem to deserve their own thread!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Did you happen to look TWO POSTS BEFORE YOUR OWN?[/QUOTE]

I did actually, I should have specified somewhere other than Gamestop.

Is it just me or is GameStop seemingly cleaning out of a lot of Atlus titles? Shin Megami Tensei for the DS, Shirin the Wanderer for the Wii, and I'm pretty sure a few others have dropped recently.

I got a wrapped copy of Shiren The Wanderer at a local GameStop. I figured the box out on the floor was the last copy so I took it up to the desk but they had about three more wrapped copies behind the desk.

I just got an email about another Atlus 50% off on PSN sale. Goes to 2/15.

Persona 3 Portable $19.99
Knights in the Nightmare $14.99
Yggdra Union $7.49
Persona $19.99
Riviera $7.49
Droplitz $4.99
Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament $7.49
Hexyz Force $14.99
R-Type Command $7.49
Class of Heroes $19.99
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble $19.99
Crimson Gem Saga $14.99
Hammerin' Hero $9.99

Nothing too amazing but sales on PSN are always good I guess.

[quote name='Mikey777']Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics with Art Book is $10+shipping/tax at Gogmer10.com. Came to $14 total for me. The deal is up in 22 hours, so hurry if you want in.

https://www.gogamer10.com/Home/Prod...in_Tactics_with_Art_Book_for_NDS/Default.aspx[/QUOTE]

Picked this up, along with Mimana: Iyar Chronicles for the PSP, which is also going for $9.90. Shipping with two items came up to $5.90 though. Thanks for the heads up OP! :)

I tried ordering Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics with Art Book, it says pre-order so I assumed the initial amount ran out(?), but when I add to cart nothing happens. I guess it's sold out and there are no more copies?

EDIT: Spectral Force Genesis says the same thing, but I can add it to my cart. Weird.

[quote name='gojiboy']I tried ordering Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics with Art Book, it says pre-order so I assumed the initial amount ran out(?), but when I add to cart nothing happens. I guess it's sold out and there are no more copies?

EDIT: Spectral Force Genesis says the same thing, but I can add it to my cart. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Try a different browser. Using Opera mobile this morning, I had the same happen. Opened it on my laptop in firefox, and the button with countdown showed up.

The countdown button is always there, it just won't add to cart. Tried 2 laptops, Safari, Firefox, and Internet explorer. Doesn't work on any. Bleh.

I was randomly looking through my cart at stuff I could clear out on Wednesday Afternoon, and just happened to discover that Amazon, who has been out of stock of it for a while, had 1 copy of Blue Dragon Plus in stock for $10. It'll be on my doorstep in about 9 hours if the UPS guy that delivers to my neighborhood keeps to his schedule.

I didn't post then since it was the last copy, but I am posting now because I discovered that, not only is $10 what Target (via Amazon, plus $3.xx in shipping) charged for the game, Amazon was matching Walmart's online price.

I'm finding it weird that all of a sudden Walmart is clearancing out Ignition games (along with a bunch of others). All (or at least most) have 97 cents shipping to home or free site-to-store. Sales tax added where applicable.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nostalgia-DS-Nintendo-DS/13072307
Nostalgia DS, $9.96

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Dragon-Plus-DS-Nintendo-DS/10660519
Blue Dragon Plus DS, $10

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Dodgeball-Brawlers-DS-Nintendo-DS/9123465
Super Dodgeball Brawlers DS, $10

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Puzzle-De-Harvest-Moon-DS-Nintendo-DS/7080067
Puzzle de Harvest Moon DS, $10

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Jake-Hunter-Detective-Chronicles-DS-Nintendo-DS/9123464
Jake Hunter Detective Chronicles DS $10

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Puchi-Puchi-Virus-DS-Nintendo-DS/9864372
Puchy Puchi Virus DS $10

I'm sure I missed a bunch, but there's a few to get started. I make no claims that any of these are good, just that they're from those companies listed in the thread title. Or at least I mistook them to be.

Was about to order Hoshigami Remix and Space Invaders Extreme 2 for the DS, but canceled them, and just bought SI E2 on Amazon for $10, free shipping/tax.

Hoshigami Remix got bad reviews.

Know of any other places to pick up Mana Khemia 2 Limited Edition for a decent price?! Did check out GS but they had the price stickers placed on the cover art so I had to pass on it.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Know of any other places to pick up Mana Khemia 2 Limited Edition for a decent price?! Did check out GS but they had the price stickers placed on the cover art so I had to pass on it.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't ask the clerks, you should ask them if they have any sealed copies or just call and ask but make sure to clarify you want a copy that has the outer box still sealed. They usually have others sealed unless the gutted copy is their very last copy. Other than GS, don't know of anyone who has it for a decent price. Ebay is like in the $30-40 range.

[quote name='kndy']NOTE: As of Dec. 2010, for some apparent reason, we are unable to update this page as it gives a database error[/QUOTE]

how the hell did you edit it to type that then?

sounds to me like opening a letter and having it say "i would have included the $10 i owe you, but i already sealed the envelope."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back