Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Found RH for 30 bucks new at a GS 10 miles from me. It's not the LE but still. Should I really burn up my gas and go buy that game? I don't plan on playing it, but simply having it as a collector's item. I simply don't have time to pour into rpg's like I used to.

right on. I buy cheap rpgs and other games that go on sale in the hopes that someday, I'll get around to it. Most likely though, I won't lol.

Neptunia's and Trinity Universe's DLC is on sale now. Now that I get a good look at it...why the hell is most of Neptunia's DLC even DLC to begin with? This is all stuff that should be unlockable in the game. :\

Doesn't help you have to pay for level cap rises if you wanna do the free additional quests.

^The DLC is what's keeping me from buying a copy of Neptunia. Kind of wish there would be a game of the year edition with all the DLC included.

Also, no Radiant Historia at any of the Gamestops near me.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^The DLC is what's keeping me from buying a copy of Neptunia. Kind of wish there would be a game of the year edition with all the DLC included.

Also, no Radiant Historia at any of the Gamestops near me.[/QUOTE]I'm just happy NISA did a reprint of the game at all. Finally snagged a copy for myself.

[quote name='maigoyume']I'm just happy NISA did a reprint of the game at all. Finally snagged a copy for myself.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's because they are coming out with Neptunia Mk.2, so they are making the first part more easily available and at a lower price. Neptunia Mk 2 looks like it has huge improvements over the first one.

[quote name='barrit']I'm pretty sure it's because they are coming out with Neptunia Mk.2, so they are making the first part more easily available and at a lower price. Neptunia Mk 2 looks like it has huge improvements over the first one.[/QUOTE]

It would be hard to be worse then the first game. I was really hoping for something decent, but Neptunia was one of the worst games I've played in a very long time.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^The DLC is what's keeping me from buying a copy of Neptunia. Kind of wish there would be a game of the year edition with all the DLC included.

Also, no Radiant Historia at any of the Gamestops near me.[/QUOTE]
You can try asking them if they can transfer a copy from another store?

[quote name='Jedi_Amara']You can try asking them if they can transfer a copy from another store?[/QUOTE]

Do they actually do that? I tried having them transfer Valkyrie Profile from a Arizona store to mine when they were clearancing out PS1 games a few years back and they said they didn't do that anymore.

[quote name='Optical']Do they actually do that? I tried having them transfer Valkyrie Profile from a Arizona store to mine when they were clearancing out PS1 games a few years back and they said they didn't do that anymore.[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried it but my best friend was able to get a game transferred between stores a few months ago. That was within the same state though (might even have been within the same county?) so perhaps there is a different policy for interstate transfers. I know that at EB Games here (same company as Gamestop), the stores in my state won't transfer at all and tell me they can't do it, but one state over they definitely can and do transfer stock (despite having the same system), so it may also vary from state to state.

Really, transferring between Gamestops varies by each individual store. It mostly depends on the managers. This past May, there was not a single copy of Radiant Historia anywhere in Wisconsin. However, one of my local Gamestops transferred in a new copy of Radiant Historia (first print edition with the soundtrack) for me from a Chicago, Illinois store, which was nearly 100 miles away. I seriously didn't think they would transfer it, but they did and the manager said he was willing to do it to help a hardcore gamer track down an awesome game.

Summary: It never hurts to ask.

I would really like Deathsmiles, but that, TofV, Blue Dragon, and Infinite Undiscovery are not enough to make my buy a system. Everything else I would want is also on PS3. If only Crescendo Symphony: Kagami no Kishi, Absolute: Blazing Infinity, Diario: Rebirth Moon Legend, etc... had been released in the US.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I would really like Deathsmiles, but that, TofV, Blue Dragon, and Infinite Undiscovery are not enough to make my buy a system. Everything else I would want is also on PS3. If only Crescendo Symphony: Kagami no Kishi, Absolute: Blazing Infinity, Diario: Rebirth Moon Legend, etc... had been released in the US.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Crescendo Symphony available?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/クレッシェンドシンフォニー/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550270

[quote name='cyko']Really, transferring between Gamestops varies by each individual store. It mostly depends on the managers. This past May, there was not a single copy of Radiant Historia anywhere in Wisconsin. However, one of my local Gamestops transferred in a new copy of Radiant Historia (first print edition with the soundtrack) for me from a Chicago, Illinois store, which was nearly 100 miles away. I seriously didn't think they would transfer it, but they did and the manager said he was willing to do it to help a hardcore gamer track down an awesome game.

Summary: It never hurts to ask.[/QUOTE]

So that is what happened to my copy! Yeah, I used to have a store manager that would do that for me, but she switched stores and the new dbag has been dropping the ball lately. I have 2 games in limbo that were supposed to be transferred. I remember a few years ago one store took my delivery and said they never got it eventhough the tracking said it was delivered. Most of the time it works though.

I tried to contact Atlus over the current issues with Radiant Historia. All I got was the usual pre-canned stuff followed with the guy adding in he was bummed that I couldn't purchase it new either. No real information, teasing, or reading through the lines. Hopefully I can be one more "on the stack" to getting it to have another reprint, but since cartridge based games are probably crappier to get reprints than disc based ones... feelin' like I am going to give up on my search. Last ditch is to get some Gamestop lovin' and a store transfer.

I really, really, really dislike Nintendo for not making their digital store offer full retail titles. Let the collectors have their rare prints and special editions, just let me, the gamer, be able to play it!

Just announced!

Hyperdimension Neptunia™ Mk2 Limited Edition: Gamindustri Savior Set

Picture
neptunia2_big_prem.jpg

esrb.jpg

http://store.nisamerica.com/Neptunia2-PS3-Limited-Premium-Box $64.99 /w free standard shipping

Limited Edition Gamindustri Savior Set Includes:
• Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Premium Box
- Full color, hardcover artbook
- Exclusive playing card deck
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 OST
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 game for PS3

Standard Edition is also available for $49.99.

Tentative release date Feb 2012.

source: PrinnyBomb

I immediately put a preorder in. The N2 card deck will go well with my N1 deck :D

Hmmm Mk2 looks good so far, actually put some work into the battle system instead of copy+pasting it from Trinity Universe. I'm considering a pre-order.

Question: Does the NISA store charge you for preorders immediately or when the item ships?

I have no idea why, but I'm considering that Gamindustri Savior Set (seriously, I have no clue--the first Hyperdimension Neptunia didn't interest me in the slightest once I saw gameplay). @_@

[quote name='Vigilante']Question: Does the NISA store charge you for preorders immediately or when the item ships?[/QUOTE]

They will put a hold on your account for the $64.99 for about 5 business days I believe, then they will release it back into your account. Then when the game comes out, they will take the money for good.

I went ahead and preordered this lil sucker. Can't wait!

wait Agarest War 2 is coming out? great news. PS3 only? WTF? I have both limited editions for the 360, and I've put a lot of time in..... and PS3? why!?!

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I would really like Deathsmiles, but that, TofV, Blue Dragon, and Infinite Undiscovery are not enough to make my buy a system. Everything else I would want is also on PS3. If only Crescendo Symphony: Kagami no Kishi, Absolute: Blazing Infinity, Diario: Rebirth Moon Legend, etc... had been released in the US.[/QUOTE]

Lost Odyssey would be another good addition to that list of Xbox 360 exclusives. Last Remnant is another, although I would say that it has loading time issues as a potential caveat. If you want to add exclusive WRPG's, Mass Effect 1 (also on PC), Fable 2, and Fable 3 (also on PC) are good choices as well.

I speak as a person who owns both the Xbox 360 and PS3. I like both game systems quite a bit and tend to focus on purchasing the exclusives for each of them. The multi-console releases I tend to get on 360 except in special cases simply because most of my friends have Xbox Live and it is easier to enjoy Online Multiplayer because of Cross-Game Chat, Parties, and Beacons.

[quote name='birdyjuice']wait Agarest War 2 is coming out? great news. PS3 only? WTF? I have both limited editions for the 360, and I've put a lot of time in..... and PS3? why!?![/QUOTE]

To quote Belisarius:

"I understand your frustration, but Idea Factory has only published a PS3 version of Agarest 2. Since we only publish, and as such have no programmers, we can’t create a port that doesn’t exist."

[quote name='orcishlad']To quote Belisarius:

"I understand your frustration, but Idea Factory has only published a PS3 version of Agarest 2. Since we only publish, and as such have no programmers, we can’t create a port that doesn’t exist."[/QUOTE]

Well here's the deal. Idea Factory has ported both previous games to the 360, after some time. Will they localize the 360 port for Agarest 2 once it is inevitably made?

[quote name='AugustAPC']Well here's the deal. Idea Factory has ported both previous games to the 360, after some time. Will they localize the 360 port for Agarest 2 once it is inevitably made?[/QUOTE]
It's a possibility, but of course depends on how much Agarest War 2 sells. I'm honestly surprised Agarest War 1/Zero sold well enough for Aksys to continue localizing the series. (Then again, maybe it didn't and Aksys just loves their fans! :bouncy:)

That being said, I don't think Idea Factory is planning on porting it. It's been over a year since its initial release and they haven't made any sort of announcement. Agarest War 1 and Agarest War Zero were ported about 13-14 months after their initial release on PS3.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Well here's the deal. Idea Factory has ported both previous games to the 360, after some time. Will they localize the 360 port for Agarest 2 once it is inevitably made?[/QUOTE]

Most Japanese RPG developer are ready to move on from the Xbox 360 at this point.

I would think people who play a decent amount of JRPGs would have a PS3. It has a lot more exclusive games of that genre than 360. I myself don't have a 360 because there are maybe 4 exclusives I would want on it and that is not enough to buy a system. There are also more PS3 exclusives on the way and none on 360 from what I have seen.

I actually got a 360 this past spring for jrpgs alone. yes there aren't many but there are some 360-exclusive games I bought in the meantime like mass effect, halo reach, and Alan wake

[quote name='birdyjuice']wait Agarest War 2 is coming out? great news. PS3 only? WTF? I have both limited editions for the 360, and I've put a lot of time in..... and PS3? why!?![/QUOTE]

question: I'm new to this series and am wondering why this is a problem. I recently picked up Agarest War for 360 and AW Zero for ps3. is there any disadvantage to playing these games on different platforms? maybe some kind of carryover between the games? if so i can unload my 360 copy and buy the ps3 version off psn. thanks

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I would think people who play a decent amount of JRPGs would have a PS3. It has a lot more exclusive games of that genre than 360. I myself don't have a 360 because there are maybe 4 exclusives I would want on it and that is not enough to buy a system. There are also more PS3 exclusives on the way and none on 360 from what I have seen.[/QUOTE]

Not yet it doesn't, but yes it'll eventually eclipse the 360 easily. There are probably more games for the 360 that you'd want that you aren't aware of. Deathsmiles 2 is available as a games on demand game. You can also import other cave shooters fairly inexpensively that'll work on U.S. systems. Have you checked out XBLA? I find it to be superior to PSN. Shadow Complex is an excellent Metroidvania title that's exclusive to XBLA. There are also a number of shmups available, such as Ikaruga, Trouble Witches Neo, and Guwange.

[quote name='62t']Most Japanese RPG developer are ready to move on from the Xbox 360 at this point.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that Idea Factory is anywhere near ready to "move on" from the 360. They're not pushing much out that the PS2 couldn't run.

[quote name='gospelman']question: I'm new to this series and am wondering why this is a problem. I recently picked up Agarest War for 360 and AW Zero for ps3. is there any disadvantage to playing these games on different platforms? maybe some kind of carryover between the games? if so i can unload my 360 copy and buy the ps3 version off psn. thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is carry over data.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I doubt that Idea Factory is anywhere near ready to "move on" from the 360. They're not pushing much out that the PS2 couldn't run.

Yes, there is carry over data.[/QUOTE]

Does data carry over between 1 or zero to 2?

Ugh, I thought the video game season was over. I'm still waiting for a deal on Totori, and now I have to think about Neptunia mk2 pre-order!! Collection wouldn't be complete w/out getting both of these special editions!?!? Must.... resist... urge. And, I'm in for both now. Curse you CAG, you win again!

[quote name='shivan128']Ugh, I thought the video game season was over. I'm still waiting for a deal on Totori, and now I have to think about Neptunia mk2 pre-order!! Collection wouldn't be complete w/out getting both of these special editions!?!? Must.... resist... urge. And, I'm in for both now. Curse you CAG, you win again![/QUOTE]

Gamestop dropped the price of both versions of Totori by $10.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I want that deck of cards...but then again I'd be ashamed to bring it out on game night[/QUOTE]You could bring it out on otaku game night :lol:

[quote name='Optical']Gamestop dropped the price of both versions of Totori by $10.[/QUOTE]

Finding a gamestop that has not gutted the copy will be a task. :cry: I'd almost rather spend the $10 and get the nice shipping from NISA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back