Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oscargrouch']I thought SCEA forced them to put the first one on PSN because it had no dub or something.[/QUOTE]

That's the stupidest reason I ever heard of. Way to screw over the fans. Not to mention the pain & cost of bandwidth of downloading the whole game and having it full install on the harddrive.

I am still hoping they would release Agarest War and Battle Fantasia on disc but highly doubtful :(

[quote name='oscargrouch']I thought SCEA forced them to put the first one on PSN because it had no dub or something.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that before as well it just seems like such a stupid reason though.

[quote name='Puppet Master']I've heard that before as well it just seems like such a stupid reason though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's SCEA policy, among other genius ideas like prohibiting remakes/ports if they don't have added content. It's the reason we haven't been able to get several games like the PSP versions of Princess Crown, Sakura Taisen collection, etc.

They seem to have been more lax with enforcing the mandatory dub policy lately, at least with PSP games. The PSP would be 100% dead in America if it weren't for Aksys and XSEED, and so they've allowed things like Fate/Extra and Corpse Party to be released dubless for the sake of keeping the PSP on life support.

[quote name='slidecage']Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
17.13 dont know if this belongs here

http://www.amazon.com/Solatorobo-Re..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1323860623&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

Heck yes! That is a fantastic deal! I picked it up from Gamestop when they first got it in, and then saw it on Amazon a few weeks later for $19.99 so I returned the other. And now it's even cheaper?! That's bananas, the game is still pretty new. Again, a great price for a great game!

[quote name='TheKbob']Nabbed Radiant Historia for $11.69 (cartridge only). Very excited to finally get to play it![/QUOTE]You won't be disappointed. It's easily amongst Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Final Fantasy VI as one of my favorite JRPGs. :D

How can I say that? I was devastated when I realized I had beaten it. Then I went back and got 100% and was devastated all over again. :cry:

...Of course, I mean that in the best way possible.

I was just looking for Radiant Historia today on Amazon and didn't see it either (except for the really high price tags). Congrats to TheKbob. Hoping I can get it sometime for around $15.

[quote name='rperez1025']I was just looking for Radiant Historia today on Amazon and didn't see it either (except for the really high price tags). Congrats to TheKbob. Hoping I can get it sometime for around $15.[/QUOTE]

I got my local Gamestop to ship it and I had store credit to bring down the price. I am sad I don't have the case, but now I have the game to play.

Been on the fence about TitS. Don't know if I'd like it since most reviews say it is solid, but follows standard fare in story, just presented really well.

I am thinking about Corpse Party, but will wait and see if a sale happens. CAG, after all.

Amazon has Deathsmiles Special Edition for $14.99. Qualifies for free shipping.
Alternatively, Newegg has it for the same price with free 3-day UPS shipping.

Hope this isn't already a repost. Felt a lesser known, but amazing shmup would go here.

-Merry Christmas

Might have to get Ys 1&2 Chronicles from Xseed store, just not sure what else I want to get the order to $20.

Dungeon Maker is a fun little game. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it, but the dungeon building aspect will keep you busy for a while.

There's also Rune Factory Frontier, which I highly recommend if you don't already have it. :D

[quote name='simmias']Why aren't you guys adding the soundtrack if you want Ys 1&2? It's awesome, and there's your $20 order right there.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. But thinking about Flower Sun & Rain. How is that?

Thinking about Rune Factory but can't find anything else that's worth buying besides maybe the stress doll. Too bad the t-shirts suck so badly. :(

[quote name='oscargrouch']Not a bad idea. But thinking about Flower Sun & Rain. How is that?[/QUOTE]

It's... Different. If you're in to Suda 51 games then you should enjoy it. Has a very Killer7 feel to it.

[quote name='simmias']Why aren't you guys adding the soundtrack if you want Ys 1&2? It's awesome, and there's your $20 order right there.[/QUOTE]

You had me thinking they had the premium edition for $20 =(

Isn't the premium edition just the soundtrack and the game? All you'll be missing is the cardboard box stating that it is premium.

[quote name='Zaku77']I really want Corpse Party!! I don't want to pay $20 for a downloadable game though :/ I hope it goes on sale soon.[/QUOTE]
Consider the following:

-You'd be paying $20 for what was a full retail game in Japan
-Said game costs roughly $75 in Japan
-Said $20 will help support XSEED and show them that there's a market for these types of games

[quote name='orcishlad']Dungeon Maker is a fun little game. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it, but the dungeon building aspect will keep you busy for a while.

There's also Rune Factory Frontier, which I highly recommend if you don't already have it. :D[/QUOTE]

What kind of game is Rune Factory? Harvest Moonish?

[quote name='Optical']What kind of game is Rune Factory? Harvest Moonish?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's part of the same overarching series. Except with more action elements and dungeon crawling.

I have Knights in the Nightmare and Yggdra Union on DS (haven't played much of either), worth the double dip?

[quote name='Slermy']I have Knights in the Nightmare and Yggdra Union on DS (haven't played much of either), worth the double dip?[/QUOTE]

I have Ygddra Union on GBA and don't have the Knights in the Nightmare on DS but read that the PSP is better than the DS version, and the fact that you get a free game with it...at under $10, it's worth it!

Whoa, Atlus's next game really is Growlanser IV Over Reloaded! Awesome possum. I'm surprised they're willing to localize another Growlanser game after the debacle that was Heritage of War, but this is definitely the best news I've heard as far as JRPGs go.

[quote name='whitereflection']Whoa, Atlus's next game really is Growlanser IV Over Reloaded! Awesome possum. I'm surprised they're willing to localize another Growlanser game after the debacle that was Heritage of War, but this is definitely the best news I've heard as far as JRPGs go.[/QUOTE]

Eh? How do you know that? Gungnir fits all the clues so far as well.

Oh, you're right, I just remembered Gungnir as soon as I posted that. But honestly - and I don't mean this as a slight to Gungnir - I think that with Atlus bigger than it has ever been before, they'd go for a title that people could actually pronounce when they shop at Gamestop. But it could be Gungnir too.

[quote name='elessar123']They are totally going to announce both of them, I bet.[/QUOTE]
This is what I think as well. Otherwise, they'll just piss off the fans of whichever game they don't localize...

[quote name='kndy']I have Ygddra Union on GBA and don't have the Knights in the Nightmare on DS but read that the PSP is better than the DS version, and the fact that you get a free game with it...at under $10, it's worth it![/QUOTE]
I've heard KitN is better on DS controls-wise.

[quote name='Jedi_Amara']I've heard KitN is better on DS controls-wise.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a definitive version, both have their pros and cons. It is completely up to preference.

[quote name='kndy']I have Ygddra Union on GBA and don't have the Knights in the Nightmare on DS but read that the PSP is better than the DS version, and the fact that you get a free game with it...at under $10, it's worth it![/QUOTE]

per GH's synopsis:
"...launch copies of the game include a code redeemable for a digital copy of Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone that can be downloaded from the PlayStation Network. ~ All Game Guide"

are the GH new copies are still launch copies? any way to tell? if so, count me in!

@kndy: the GH free-shipping code has already expired, right? guess i shouldn't be too greedy.

[quote name='ivana89']per GH's synopsis:
"...launch copies of the game include a code redeemable for a digital copy of Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone that can be downloaded from the PlayStation Network. ~ All Game Guide"

are the GH new copies are still launch copies? any way to tell? if so, count me in!

@kndy: the GH free-shipping code has already expired, right? guess i shouldn't be too greedy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there was an expiration for these...(not like digital copy's that come with Blu-ray releases) but I went to check my copy and I trashed the voucher (since I entered the code already).

I will say that I originally was planning to get the DS version of Knights (also the Ys I & II version) on DS but went with the PSP version instead. But I agree, it's probably subjective to each person of which is better. I went for the PSP version in the end because of price.

[quote name='kndy']I don't think there was an expiration for these...(not like digital copy's that come with Blu-ray releases) but I went to check my copy and I trashed the voucher (since I entered the code already).[/QUOTE]

I kept the voucher from when I purchased it quite some time ago so I checked it out and there is no expiration date anywhere on it.

[quote name='kndy']I don't think there was an expiration for these...(not like digital copy's that come with Blu-ray releases) but I went to check my copy and I trashed the voucher (since I entered the code already).

I will say that I originally was planning to get the DS version of Knights (also the Ys I & II version) on DS but went with the PSP version instead. But I agree, it's probably subjective to each person of which is better. I went for the PSP version in the end because of price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Noblesse Oblige']I kept the voucher from when I purchased it quite some time ago so I checked it out and there is no expiration date anywhere on it.[/QUOTE]

my question was more about whether there would still be DL vouchers included in new PSP copies of KitN sold by goHastings. sorry for the confusion. TIA.

[quote name='mxpowar']This is what I think as well. Otherwise, they'll just piss off the fans of whichever game they don't localize...[/QUOTE]
Fortunately for Atlus, a key trait of their niche audience is that they can piss them off and they'll keep coming back for more.

Just got an email from Atlus.

f89D9.png

So... Growlanser? :lol:

When I saw Slowdive's post, I was seriously pissed, but it looks like he posted just before receiving the second e-mail.

If the second set of clues turns out to be a mistake, I am going to punch you all in the throat.

Edit: Wow, there's a third e-mail - their second reveal is Game of Thrones. That's it - everyone line up.

[quote name='whitereflection']When I saw Slowdive's post, I was seriously pissed, but it looks like he posted just before receiving the second e-mail.

If the second set of clues turns out to be a mistake, I am going to punch you all in the throat.

Edit: Wow, there's a third e-mail - their second reveal is Game of Thrones. That's it - everyone line up.[/QUOTE]

They had already announced Game of Thrones before. This is for a new game reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back