Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whitereflection']Ay dios mio, why would you pay that much for it? The game is not good at all and all copies are Limited Edition. I want to say it was $9.99 at Gamestop new, but they only sell used copies of it now at that price, and if you intend on playing it anyway, wouldn't you rather save the $30?

If you can return it and you have a PSP, you should just buy Growlanser IV coming this summer.[/QUOTE]

I was happy to get a complete version of it for under $50, the fact that it was sealed wasn't really a selling point for me (other than this way I know it is actually complete and mint). I collect complete games and I'm super anal about the condition of my games. Yeah, all copies are technically "Limited Edition" but you don't get any of the extras with them typically. I've actually ordered it probably 4 or 5 different times from GameStop and AWD and each time all I got was the game without any of the extras.

Ah, well, it's not possible now but I remember Gamefly was selling them for like $12.99. When you buy games from them, they always give you everything in immaculate condition, so you might want to keep them in mind in the future.

[quote name='whitereflection']Ah, well, it's not possible now but I remember Gamefly was selling them for like $12.99. When you buy games from them, they always give you everything in immaculate condition, so you might want to keep them in mind in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually buy quite a bit of stuff from GF and have always been really happy with the games I get there. But I usually just stick to games that didn't have bulky extras. With something like G:HoW that has a bulky cardboard box I figured I might just end up again with the game, instructions and game case so I never really considered ordering it from them. Probably should have at least given it a shot, but oh well...

I figure I almost pulled the trigger on it countless times when it launched (at the $69 retail), so the way I look at it, I gained $28 either way.

Just completed my collection of all seven games; maybe this will help raise the value even higher (although I'm not about to sell them). :)

[quote name='kndy']With the ".hack" movie coming out in Japan and ".hack//Quantum" OVA anime series being released this month in the US, a big question for those who played the second video game series ".hack//G.U.". Were the games any good?

I have the first series (four games) and I have seen and enjoyed the first anime series but I've waited for those G.U. PS2 games to go down in price in past few years (like the first series) but they never have. But watching ".hack//Quantum" and part of me feels guilty for not getting the G.U. games back then and considering hunting them down at GS during their next used game sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zaku77']That's a rather spendy series to get. For like new copies of the part 4 and GU 1/3 you gotta fork over some cash >_> haha[/QUOTE]

Almost impossible to find 4 or decent GU 3. I did find GU 1 and 2 at one store along with a Devil Summoner 1. Idiot me got Megaman X Collection instead of the Growlanser. lol

Way too much. I luckily got all 4 of the original on Craigslist in fantastic shape, but I already had 1-3, so I sold them and actually managed to get part 4 for like $25. Pure.freaking.win lol

Only thing I'm missing is a couple of the DVDs that were included - still waiting for Quarantine to show up again at a local GS so I can hopefully get the DVD. :)

Yeah, I figured ".Hack/G.U." is going to be pricey no matter what. I got the original series as it was the only way to get the "Liminality" anime OVA's.

But I want the ".Hack/G.U." especially for the "Terminal" disc. Did all "Rebirth" come with this disc or only special edition releases?

[quote name='Zaku77']Only the special edition, which is hundreds of dollars the few times they even show up.[/QUOTE]:shock: Wow, that's interesting...

*looks at shelf where .hack//G.U. Rebirth SE is sitting*

i really should put up all of the first 4 of them i have still sealed.. i think i have 2 or 3 copies of part 3 and 4 sealed ..

a few of the 2nd series and one or two of the 2nd series part 1 with that little figure that fetches a nice $$$$$

Yeah, if you have multiple copies of Quarantine sealed, you have quite a bit of potential money there. Wow!

[quote name='slidecage']i really should put up all of the first 4 of them i have still sealed.. i think i have 2 or 3 copies of part 3 and 4 sealed ..

a few of the 2nd series and one or two of the 2nd series part 1 with that little figure that fetches a nice $$$$$[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Yeah, if you have multiple copies of Quarantine sealed, you have quite a bit of potential money there. Wow![/QUOTE]

not really thought they would been worth more... 150 tops isnt that much

sucks going though my stack i found out that i dumped both of my Hack//G.U. Vol.1//Rebirth Special Edition sealed a few years back for around 100 each... SOB they fetch 200 to 300 now still very low to where i thought they be

Bought all 7 (.hack games) during GS B2G2 free promotions a while back. Had the GS guys track and locate each one down complete. One of the better experiences I've had at their store.

[quote name='shivan128']Bought all 7 (.hack games) during GS B2G2 free promotions a while back. Had the GS guys track and locate each one down complete. One of the better experiences I've had at their store.[/QUOTE]

Lol, same here to a certain degree. I saw Infection at FYE used along with sealed copies of the GU series. The offer they had, 50% off plus an addition 10% I couldn't say no. Anyhow, Multiple phone calls and store transfers later it got completed thanks to GS.

I would love for them to do an HD collection.

[quote name='Twizz']Lol, same here to a certain degree. I saw Infection at FYE used along with sealed copies of the GU series. The offer they had, 50% off plus an addition 10% I couldn't say no. Anyhow, Multiple phone calls and store transfers later it got completed thanks to GS.

I would love for them to do an HD collection.[/QUOTE]

Shout out to you fellow bostonian! Which GS do you go to? I can tell you that the GS in Grossman Plaza in braintree has great guys who are willing to help you out in any way.

[quote name='shivan128']Shout out to you fellow bostonian! Which GS do you go to? I can tell you that the GS in Grossman Plaza in braintree has great guys who are willing to help you out in any way.[/QUOTE]

Hey hey, great to see a fellow Bostonian around.

At that time I had them transferred to Dedham (which was a gold mine for PS2 games). They shipped from Chelsea, Dorchester, and JP.

Goof to hear the Braintree location is good. Now, if I go to GameStop I go to the Downtown one. Sadly The they seem to always get rid of the good workers (knowledgable, don't stress you, will go out of their way type). The manager there has always been helpful to me though.

Hmm as for experiences. Downtown and Dedham has always been helpful. Cambridge and JP aren't bad either. Roslindale is always filled with kids running around and broken displays lol. Copley/Prudential is the worst, the only good thing is looking at the ladies who work there lol.

Sorry to just go on and on lol.

[quote name='shivan128']Shout out to you fellow bostonian! Which GS do you go to? I can tell you that the GS in Grossman Plaza in braintree has great guys who are willing to help you out in any way.[/QUOTE]

Stop camping my BBuy and GS locations lol. Haven't visited the ones in Braintree recently except for the ones at the Plaza...which can leave something to be desired.

Lol....You guys are smart that you went after them. I wish I did go that route but always saw #1 of G.U. and never #2 and #3, so I said forget about it. But now with the final movie out in Japan and the OVA series coming out this month from FUNimation, man...I wish I did get the special edition.

Awesome link - THANK YOU!

Was able to order the DVD I was missing - now my collection is complete. Woohoo!

Only issue now is that apparently the case for my .hack Quarantine isn't the original box (although it has the original cover art) because there is no place to put the DVD - the case is for only one disk...

Edit: Nevermind - I can order a two disk replacement case too! Whoohoo! Thanks again

[quote name='Gosha']If anyone needs the .hack Luminality DVDs, BRESoftware sells them, in addition to some other niche PS2 RPG bonus dvds...

http://shop.bresoftware.com/Extras_c_166.html

Good to watch out when they do things like $10 of $25 purchases or such, pretty much covers shipping.[/QUOTE]

Shin Megami Tensei receives a price drop at Gamestop to $19.99 new/$17.99 used.

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/shin-megami-tensei-persona-2-innocent-sin/91185

Went by my local Gamestop because it listed .Hack//GU v1-2 as available for $19.99 but nada. They are not sure why it's even listed in their computers...geez. You guys are right...hard to get, even on eBay. Tried bidding but people were going sky high for the SE edition of vol. 1.

Anyway, saw Atelier Totori LE for the PS3 drop to $39.99...but I still have yet to buy it (had to resist as I'm saving up for a projector).

[quote name='kndy']
Went by my local Gamestop because it listed .Hack//GU v1-2 as available for $19.99 but nada. They are not sure why it's even listed in their computers...geez. You guys are right...hard to get, even on eBay. Tried bidding but people were going sky high for the SE edition of vol. 1.

Anyway, saw Atelier Totori LE for the PS3 drop to $39.99...but I still have yet to buy it (had to resist as I'm saving up for a projector).[/QUOTE]

Where in Cali are you? I've been driving around the LA-Long Beach area snatching the best copies of the SMT and .hack games I could find. Pretty happy with what I got other than the disc-only Devil Summoner 1.

A lot of the Gamestops down here only have the DVD's for the original 4. Looks like some people tried to job them on the trade-in and the employees were too lazy to check the disc.

[quote name='AFC']Where in Cali are you? I've been driving around the LA-Long Beach area snatching the best copies of the SMT and .hack games I could find. Pretty happy with what I got other than the disc-only Devil Summoner 1.

A lot of the Gamestops down here only have the DVD's for the original 4. Looks like some people tried to job them on the trade-in and the employees were too lazy to check the disc.[/QUOTE]

I was so lucky to catch a complete Devil Summoner 1 in really good condition during the last B2G2. Just need to swap the case since the clear plastic is a little messed up. Was so glad to catch it since I haven't seen one nearby.

Just got this email from NISA

Dear Valued Customer,
We have an important update for you in regards to the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 Limited Edition: Gamindustri Savior Set. You do not need to respond to this message.
Due to a small holdup during manufacturing, the Gamindusti Savior Set will be delayed for a couple of days. Our original plan was to ship out all preorders before the release date of February 28th. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we will not be able to meet that desire. We will be receiving the Gamindustri Savior Set in our warehouse on Monday, February 27th, the day before the release date, and will not be able to begin shipping until the following day.
We will still begin billing this Tuesday, February 21st as planned, and will be sure to contact you if there are any issues processing your payment.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we will still do our best to ship out as many preorders as quickly as possible.
We greatly appreciate your patience, your support, and your excitement for this game! Please have a great day!

Best wishes,
NISA Online Store

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Just got this email from NISA[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw it too. I wonder how many copies they are actually making of that.

Woops, thought that was the e-mail about the game only having a few hundred pre-orders left. I haven't gotten this e-mail yet. Oh well.. I can wait an extra few days to get my game.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Just got this email from NISA[/QUOTE]

I find it funny how the only two times I've experienced on NISA where manufacturing has been delayed has only been with the two Hyperdimension titles.

[quote name='Saintdante']I find it funny how the only two times I've experienced on NISA where manufacturing has been delayed has only been with the two Hyperdimension titles.[/QUOTE]

I heard that happened with the first one too. Like others I have said, it's not really a big deal, but it does suck to have to wait even longer. I'm going to post the picture in the email.

cust-doh.jpg

[quote name='Vigilante']Huh, I haven't gotten that email, and I preordered the set. :???:[/QUOTE]

I got the email at 10:10PM EST tonight through my gmail account, so maybe yours hasn't arrived yet.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I got the email at 10:10PM EST tonight through my gmail account, so maybe yours hasn't arrived yet.[/QUOTE]Huh, how about that? It showed up in my email account during the exact minute you posted. :lol:

I got two e-mails from NISA Prinny Bomb: (No Subject) with a bunch of random text which looks like usernames and password resets, the eff.

But yeah... got that Mk2 email also.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I got two e-mails from NISA Prinny Bomb: (No Subject) with a bunch of random text which looks like usernames and password resets, the eff.

But yeah... got that Mk2 email also.[/QUOTE]

Yea I got those too. I poked around the NISA forums to see if anyone else mentioned them... they were so weird them seemed like something someone would mention, but no one did.

Pre-orders closed for Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 today. The same [day] I actually got the money to drop on the pre-order, that's life for ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlindJoker']Pre-orders closed for Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 today. The same I actually got the money to drop on the pre-order, that's life for ya.[/QUOTE]

you know they don't charge when you place your order anymore right? you could have ordered last week and been fine

[quote name='buckythekat']you know they don't charge when you place your order anymore right? you could have ordered last week and been fine[/QUOTE]

They do put a hold. They put the preorder amount from paypal on hold so I assume they would have done that to a CC too.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']They do put a hold. They put the preorder amount from paypal on hold so I assume they would have done that to a CC too.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. I've ordered from them before and though they do not charge your card, they place a hold for the amount agreed to be debited. So it's not like Amazon where giving your billing information is promise enough to secure the pre-order, with NISA the cash has to be in the account and be available to be held for a few days.

-Edit-
If a fellow CAG purchased multiple copies in order to flip them, let me know via PM, assuming you want a reasonable amount.

[quote name='proKoyeon']nice, now to wish for a steelbook or some sort of special edition[/QUOTE]
Has XSeed ever published a steelbook CE before?

That is pretty awesome! I'm still getting the UK collector's edition though :3. Although, Xseed usually have pretty cool special editions (on PSP at least), so I'm curious what they will do with this one.

[quote name='Stele']Has XSeed ever published a steelbook CE before?[/QUOTE]I would also like to know this; if there's any part of the The Last Story CE I'd want to keep (i.e. not sell), it's the steelbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back