Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Just the t-shirt, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

I believe the artwork on all of the bonuses is unique as well.

[quote name='NEP']I believe the artwork on all of the bonuses is unique as well.[/QUOTE]

Someone got an email clarifying that the tshirt was the only thing different, iirc.

[quote name='NEP']-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday , March 15, 2012 10:15 pm PDT (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Atelier Merurur Grand Finale LE

NIS America,

Is the Atelier Meruru Limited Edition a NIS store exclusive?

The Prinny Bomb indicated it would be exclusive, but the product page only lists the t-shirt as exclusive.

I am asking because if it is NOT exclusive to your store, I can purchase it directly through a retailer with whom I have store credit.

Thank you,
Richard

Update for Case #7000 - "Atelier Merurur Grand Finale LE"

Hello Richard,
Thank you for contacting us.
The entire limited edition set for Atelier Meruru is indeed exclusive to our online store.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.
Support Representative
NIS America, Inc.

For those of you who care : )[/QUOTE]

Yea, I remembered incorrectly.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I thought that someone posted a NISA e-mail response that said that the entire premium edition was a NISA Store exclusive, not just the t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

The entire premium edition is a NISA Store exclusive, but all copies come with the soft-cover artbook; so in theory, if you get the standard edition, you will be missing out on the larger box, OST, and T-shirt.

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=8786

[quote name='GHardin']The entire premium edition is a NISA Store exclusive, but all copies come with the soft-cover artbook; so in theory, if you get the standard edition, you will be missing out on the larger box, OST, and T-shirt.

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=8786[/QUOTE]

The t-shirt is too big and The "larger" box is still smaller than the Atelier Rorona Premium box.

I wish NISA would have put something better than a t-shirt.

Too bad niche games get bad CE treatment here in the US.
Japan gets awesome "niche" CEs.

[quote name='dubleo']Too bad niche games get bad CE treatment here in the US.
Japan gets awesome "niche" CEs.[/QUOTE]

Yea, and the last Japanese CE I bought costed $200. It's barely a slight increase over the normal editions in the states, so I wouldn't complain.

[quote name='Vigilante']Atelier Totori finally dropped at Gamestop (OOS online, so B&M only)--$19.99 used, $21.49 new :)???:), and $29.99 new for the Premium Pak:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+totori

I've been waiting a very long time for this...:D[/QUOTE]

Oh sweet. Going to nab Totori later tonight. Will go good with the $5 Rorona copy I got from Best Buy this past Christmas.

For those of you in the same boat as me with the Dragon's Crown Preorder fiasco. Here is the response i received after emailing them...

"I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.
I've looked onto our website and see that the video game "Dragon's Crown " is not in stock and the item cost of $49.99 is from our third party sellers but not from Amazon.com.
In this I'd suggest you to wait till the item is in stock from Amazon.com directly and place a new order. Once after placing the order write back to us using the link below with the order and we will adjust the price of the item to $29.99.
When an item we offer goes out of stock or its release date isn't known yet, we may provide the option to sign up for e-mail notification when the item is available again.

When this is the case, you'll see a box labeled "Alert Me" on the product detail page, with a "Sign up" button underneath. We make this option available only when we believe we'll be able to obtain the item in the future. If we're not sure whether the item will be available, you'll see the message "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
However, I’ve forwarded your message to our inventory department regarding the availability of this item and they have contacted our suppliers to obtain this item as soon as possible. Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our store and provide better service to our customers.
I really appreciate your patience and understanding. We look forward in seeing you again."

Not really sure on how to call the BS on this one. If you look at the new webpage for DD, it says "Preorder Now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" Last I checked, Amazon.com, is not a 3rd party seller.

Suddenly got the urge to try to track down the Ys Seven CE. I've seen some abused copies at GS, and Amazon only has it for $60+. Do I have any better options?

[quote name='Vigilante']Atelier Totori finally dropped at Gamestop (OOS online, so B&M only)--$19.99 used, $21.49 new :)???:), and $29.99 new for the Premium Pak:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-atelier+totori

I've been waiting a very long time for this...:D[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I had lost a bid for this game on ebay over the weekend by a dollar. The guy bid $32. And that was for the standard edition. This is the first time I'm saying this "Thank goodness I lost an ebay auction".

My gamestop has the premium edition. I really hope it's not gutted. I stopped purchasing from them 4 years ago for that reason.

[quote name='Nailbunny']Thanks for the heads up. I was able to find Atelier Rorona LE new locally for $21.49.[/QUOTE]

Was it gutted?

Gamestop sells used games as new so I'm mad at them because of that.

[quote name='kickalillas2']For those of you in the same boat as me with the Dragon's Crown Preorder fiasco. Here is the response i received after emailing them...

"I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.
I've looked onto our website and see that the video game "Dragon's Crown " is not in stock and the item cost of $49.99 is from our third party sellers but not from Amazon.com.
In this I'd suggest you to wait till the item is in stock from Amazon.com directly and place a new order. Once after placing the order write back to us using the link below with the order and we will adjust the price of the item to $29.99.
When an item we offer goes out of stock or its release date isn't known yet, we may provide the option to sign up for e-mail notification when the item is available again.

When this is the case, you'll see a box labeled "Alert Me" on the product detail page, with a "Sign up" button underneath. We make this option available only when we believe we'll be able to obtain the item in the future. If we're not sure whether the item will be available, you'll see the message "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
However, I’ve forwarded your message to our inventory department regarding the availability of this item and they have contacted our suppliers to obtain this item as soon as possible. Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our store and provide better service to our customers.
I really appreciate your patience and understanding. We look forward in seeing you again."

Not really sure on how to call the BS on this one. If you look at the new webpage for DD, it says "Preorder Now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" Last I checked, Amazon.com, is not a 3rd party seller.[/QUOTE]

I called Amazon about this last week. Told the rep I had the ps3 version preordered for $30 when they canceled it. She couldn't match th price for some reason, but she gave me a $15 promo credit. I'm paying $5 more for it, but still get it for far less than the listed price.

[quote name='dubleo']Was it gutted?

Gamestop sells used games as new so I'm mad at them because of that.[/QUOTE]

No. The guy initially tried to pawn off a used copy on me, but I was persistent. It was the LE in the wrap. It was kind of beat up with an edge or two bumped and scuffed, but still in the wrap. They had a dummy case on the shelf in the new section, and then he had to retrieve it from a cabinet.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I called Amazon about this last week. Told the rep I had the ps3 version preordered for $30 when they canceled it. She couldn't match th price for some reason, but she gave me a $15 promo credit. I'm paying $5 more for it, but still get it for far less than the listed price.[/QUOTE]

Good news everyone. After emailing Amazon several times, and calling the one rep a flat out liar. They issued me the $20 difference.

Other people, just call/email them and you will get what you deserve.

In regards to Dragon's Crown:

I saw today that it had been relisted again so I just placed a second order and opened up a chat window w/ an Amazon rep. The initial response was that they were sold out when I ordered it before. After I explained that it was a preorder that was never released, and that the current listing still hasn't been released, they went to their manager. A couple minutes later it was adjusted to $29.99.

When I first placed my preorder I was going to wait to see what the retail price was at release. I was going to probably just cancel it if it was actually released as a $30 game. Now that it has switched publishers to Atlus (and is $50) I figured I better get it now, on the off chance that it disappears quickly and never reappears.

GS from May 2-8 is offering DLC w/purchase of Tales of Graces f according to their weekly ad. My guess is its the pre-order DLC again but don't know for sure.

[quote name='Zaku77']Hopefully it sells well enough to give them a reason to bring over Mushihimesama HD for download at least.[/QUOTE]

I've imported everything I could for bullet hell shmups. Akai katana is one of those that is region locked so I'm pretty excited to pick this one up! I've heard very good things about this game, hopefully it lives up to its hype!

[quote name='fujishig']Speaking of Persona 4, what is Persona 4 Arena for PS3? A new game, or an update?[/QUOTE]It's a new fighting game from Arc System Works (the studio behind the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue series).

[quote name='MSUHitman']GS from May 2-8 is offering DLC w/purchase of Tales of Graces f according to their weekly ad. My guess is its the pre-order DLC again but don't know for sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. I am interested to know what DLC it comes with. Their website says in-game outfits and a XMB theme. Don't think that'll get me to pay $60 :(

If that's the case, then it is the same preorder bonus DLC that was initially released. The XMB theme is nothing to write home about. I looked at it once, and switched back to my default theme. The costumes are alright though.

I will be playing the EU version of it if that's the case. Would've liked a digital version of it for my Vita but whatever. Should've localized that instead of Sumioni!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I will be playing the EU version of it if that's the case. Would've liked a digital version of it for my Vita but whatever. Should've localized that instead of Sumioni![/QUOTE]

Grand Knight Historia will be released in the EU? Nice!

Importing is not that big of a head ache at all. :)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I will be playing the EU version of it if that's the case. Would've liked a digital version of it for my Vita but whatever. Should've localized that instead of Sumioni![/QUOTE]

It is just a matter of time before Europe version is cancel. The problem is Vanilla Ware don't have the resource to do the coding. The actual localization is already completed.

Yeah, Rising Star still has us covered. This just means that playing it on the Vita is not an option. :/

edit: Apparently it's more an issue on the developers end, AND I've been told that Rising Star were going to use XSEED's translation. It looks like this game is just history.

[quote name='Zaku77']

edit: Apparently it's more an issue on the developers end, AND I've been told that Rising Star were going to use XSEED's translation. It looks like this game is just history.[/QUOTE]

Aw, bummer. :(

[quote name='keine']Grand Knight Historia will be released in the EU? Nice!

Importing is not that big of a head ache at all. :)[/QUOTE]

but the price will be

So is it Xseed or Vanillaware that decided to can the game? The last I heard of it, Vanillaware opted to drop the localization in order to focus on Dragon's Crown, and that Xseed just got the short end of it.

[quote name='storino03']If that's the case, then it is the same preorder bonus DLC that was initially released. The XMB theme is nothing to write home about. I looked at it once, and switched back to my default theme. The costumes are alright though.[/QUOTE]

But, but, there's like, 8 background pictures of different characters! :D

Just got to let them shuffle around a bit. :eek:

[quote name='elessar123']Eh, importing from EU isn't that much.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be worried about the price when importing as much as the game. From what I have read the bulk of the game is actually the multiplayer.

Just got this email an hour ago from the Nisa Online Store:

Dear Valued Customer and Royal Alchemic Apprentice,
Thank you for preordering Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland from the NISA Online Store. We are grateful for your support!
Unfortunately a delay has occurred during our manufacturing process for Atelier Meruru that has caused a 1 week delay on the official release date of this great adventure. This changes the official release date of the title Atelier Meruru from May 22nd to May 29th. This delay will affect the release date of all retailers in North America.
In response to that delay, our Online Store had decided to push back the billing date for preorders for Atelier Meruru from May 15th (today) to May 21st (Monday of next week). We will be shipping out our orders once our billing process is completed. Because of the large amount of orders, we may not be able to have all of our customers' orders shipped out on the same day, so if you do not receive your tracking information the day after you are billed, do not worry, we are still processing your orders.
We greatly appreciate your support and patience so far with this process and apologize for any inconvenience that this occurrence might have caused.
Thank you for your time, and please have a great day!
Best wishes,

NISA Online Store

[quote name='cabhills']Just got this email an hour ago from the Nisa Online Store:

Dear Valued Customer and Royal Alchemic Apprentice,
Thank you for preordering Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland from the NISA Online Store. We are grateful for your support!
Unfortunately a delay has occurred during our manufacturing process for Atelier Meruru that has caused a 1 week delay on the official release date of this great adventure. This changes the official release date of the title Atelier Meruru from May 22nd to May 29th. This delay will affect the release date of all retailers in North America.
In response to that delay, our Online Store had decided to push back the billing date for preorders for Atelier Meruru from May 15th (today) to May 21st (Monday of next week). We will be shipping out our orders once our billing process is completed. Because of the large amount of orders, we may not be able to have all of our customers' orders shipped out on the same day, so if you do not receive your tracking information the day after you are billed, do not worry, we are still processing your orders.
We greatly appreciate your support and patience so far with this process and apologize for any inconvenience that this occurrence might have caused.
Thank you for your time, and please have a great day!
Best wishes,

NISA Online Store

[/QUOTE]

Oh, typical NISA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back