Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronrodgers']Why did they have to de-age Rorona? Nice looking Collector's though.[/QUOTE]

Lolis sell in Japan, apparently.

I was also confused about this when initial screenshots were released, but oh well. Also, received my copy today, preordered fairly early.

what service is NIS using to ship these out? I got one shipped/getting ready and another still waiting for shipping email (order was few days after first order)

[quote name='Gamer SDP']what service is NIS using to ship these out? I got one shipped/getting ready and another still waiting for shipping email (order was few days after first order)[/QUOTE]

Priority mail

[quote name='kndy']I was all excited until I found it out that it's only $4 off their usual price. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, $4 the Limited Edition is a joke.

First time I ordered from NIS and according to the tracking the package has been delivered today but I never received it :(, hopefully my package turns up somehow.

My Atelier Meruru finally arrived today! I'm going to be broke for a long while but it's worth it. My only 'complaint' is that all 3 Atelier LE's have inconsistent sizes/packaging. Still pretty though.

e1cikg.jpg

15fkdmx.jpg

[quote name='Talgrund']Is the shirt inside the box? Probably not going to open my copy either way.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. I don't really like how it's packed because if you take out the shirt, half of the box is empty, and you have to kinda watch where you put it so it doesn't get smashed. I have all of my games on bookshelves.

[quote name='barrit']Yes it is. I don't really like how it's packed because if you take out the shirt, half of the box is empty, and you have to kinda watch where you put it so it doesn't get smashed. I have all of my games on bookshelves.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Guess thats why I miss them using the larger boxes like Rorona/Qoga/Neptunia.

Mine still did not show up yet and still no reply from NIS not even sure if there is anything they can do about it since it shows delivered by the tracking :(.

[quote name='Kingmob46']mine just shipped yesterday... its still 2200 miles away :(

is it me or did NIS just let all of their E3 beans spill? The site is showing three new games!

http://www.nisamerica.com/games/mugensouls/

http://www.nisamerica.com/games/witch100/

http://www.nisamerica.com/games/legasista/[/QUOTE]

No, they announced those a while back. I believe Legasista is a PSN only title, the Witch and the Hundred Knights was pushed back in Japan to make improvements I believe, and Mugen Souls will come to the US but it will have some stuff censored.

Censored? That's lame in this day and age. Then again, sometimes NIS does some borderline things like that pedo in Neptunia mk2.

Well guess im not getting Mugen souls.. while I actually find that bath thing disturbing and pervy as crap, I absolutely can not stand censorship of any kind and wont buy a game if it has it. Too bad =( Actually i dont think that would get an AO rating. There was no actual nudity that i could see. Everything was covered by steam and soap. Good old USA. SHow as much dismemberment and horrible violence as you want: No problem. But show an obscured bum or side-boob and people go nuts *shakes head*

BTW did I hear Rie Kugimiyas voice there? I think as the pink haired chick

You've probably purchased several games that censor things and don't even realize it. Regardless... that is the stupidest shit I've ever seen in an RPG. Seriously? Scrubbing static images of 5 year old girls in provocative positions? I don't even know what the fuck to say about that.

There's no nudity... it could be a reach for a Mature rating. It'd definitely be a push for America. There's plenty of Mature rated games with gratuitous nudity. God of War, Dante's Inferno, Heavy Rain. It's not the nudity that's pushing the ratings... it's the sexual innuendo with what appear to be infants. But honestly... I hope they censor it. I don't think I could play Mugen Souls if I had to fondle preschoolers.

[quote name='AugustAPC']There's plenty of Mature rated games with gratuitous nudity. God of War, Dante's Inferno, Heavy Rain. It's not the nudity that's pushing the ratings... it's the sexual innuendo with what appear to be infants. But honestly... I hope they censor it. I don't think I could play Mugen Souls if I had to fondle preschoolers.[/QUOTE]

Lol infants? Americans. It's ok for little girls to be skimpy at the beach, or have a movie with a nude underage girl win best picture, but moe drawings gets compared to infants.

[quote name='barrit']Yes it is. I don't really like how it's packed because if you take out the shirt, half of the box is empty, and you have to kinda watch where you put it so it doesn't get smashed. I have all of my games on bookshelves.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how it is. With the tshirt out of the box the game book and soundtrack are loose in the box. The shirt takes up most of the room. Even with NIS excellent packing there was still some creasing on the box since the shirt does not support the box well and is not packed tight

[quote name='groundskeeper']That is exactly how it is. With the tshirt out of the box the game book and soundtrack are loose in the box. The shirt takes up most of the room. Even with NIS excellent packing there was still some creasing on the box since the shirt does not support the box well and is not packed tight[/QUOTE]

A user on NISA forums told me it is perfect to fit the whole Arland collection inside, if you remove the shirt and everything. :lol:

[quote name='AugustAPC']But honestly... I hope they censor it. I don't think I could play Mugen Souls if I had to fondle preschoolers.[/QUOTE]

What a comment. Why exactly are you in the Japanese Niche Games Thread if you can't handle ecchi?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']What a comment. Why exactly are you in the Japanese Niche Games Thread if you can't handle ecchi?[/QUOTE]

Because not every single niche Japanese game is totally dependent on ecchi?

I have go agree that the bath thing is just a little bit over the top. I absolutely hate censorship, but in this case I am perfectly alright with it. I think the artistic image of the designer will be maintained just fine without it. Lol

[quote name='lutz']The only people buying this game would be eligible for purchasing AO titles.[/QUOTE]

1) Most Retail stores refuse to stock AO games.
2) I'm 16 and buy a ton of niche Japanese games. My parents don't mind M games but I gotta figure they wouldn't be happy with AO.

[quote name='KtMack23']1) Most Retail stores refuse to stock AO games.
2) I'm 16 and buy a ton of niche Japanese games. My parents don't mind M games but I gotta figure they wouldn't be happy with AO.[/QUOTE]

The only AO games you'll find are for the PC. Sony or Microsoft does not allow them for their systems.

[quote name='dubleo']Did anyone's Atelier Meruru LE get lost in the mail?[/QUOTE]
I just got mine today. NISA shipping is a little slow, but at least its free.

I'm really going to have to agree with NISA on this one. Some of the static images for those bath scenes...the third on in particular are really- yeah.

I'll probably still enjoy the game even with some of that content censored.

[quote name='dubleo']Did anyone's Atelier Meruru LE get lost in the mail?[/QUOTE]

I got mine today as well. You guys were right about the t shirt taking up the whole box.

[quote name='drtomoe123']Because not every single niche Japanese game is totally dependent on ecchi?[/QUOTE]

Some games take it too far though.

[quote name='Zaku77']I absolutely hate censorship, but in this case I am perfectly alright with it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you know what "absolutely" means.

[quote name='elessar123']Lol infants? Americans. It's ok for little girls to be skimpy at the beach, or have a movie with a nude underage girl win best picture, but moe drawings gets compared to infants.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that little girls on the beach were sticking their asses and pussies in your face whilst only being covered by soap suds.

smh

[quote name='AugustAPC']I wasn't aware that little girls on the beach were sticking their asses and pussies in your face whilst only being covered by soap suds.

smh[/QUOTE]

And one is real, and one is not. So killing people I games should be illegal too? They look like real people. So what if you're not doing it in real life. You could.

Killing things in games is fun. Fondling toddlers is not.

You're comparing violence as a form of entertainment to pedophilia as the same thing. Pretty... well... sick.

Keep trying, though.

You're seriously arguing that killing people in games is "entertainment" whereas rubbing bubbles away from chibi-themed girls (without any nudity) is "pedophilia". Wow.

If you think this game would make you a pedophile, then there are more issues here than your prudish desire to force censorship on things you dislike. Don't like it? Fine. But don't assume that others have the same problems with games that you do.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I don't think you know what "absolutely" means.[/QUOTE]

Also, hate may have technically been too strong of a word by 1/8 or so. I can't even decide if that was trolling or not...

On a side note, why are people defending this loli/pedo fest? The game may be awesome, and I'm a huge RPG fan, but that doesn't mean I have to be a blind fanboy to all things Japanese. This is pretty messed up. Why on earth defend it?

Remember people, this is what you are trying to defend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGuZC89LZk

Christ looks like that sparked off a little flame war. Personally I do think these scenes are a bit much, but the fact that they're being censored is far more offensive to me than the actual content. Besides, if im not mistaken they are a side quest part of the game and not critical to the gameplay at all. So dont rub up those loli's if you dont want to. Whats the problem?

[quote name='Zaku77']I have go agree that the bath thing is just a little bit over the top. I absolutely hate censorship, but in this case I am perfectly alright with it. I think the artistic image of the designer will be maintained just fine without it. Lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zaku77']Also, hate may have technically been too strong of a word by 1/8 or so. I can't even decide if that was trolling or not...

On a side note, why are people defending this loli/pedo fest? The game may be awesome, and I'm a huge RPG fan, but that doesn't mean I have to be a blind fanboy to all things Japanese. This is pretty messed up. Why on earth defend it?

Remember people, this is what you are trying to defend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGuZC89LZk[/QUOTE]

No. People aren't defending a 'loli pedo fest.' Well, at least I'm not. I am trying to defend putting out an UNCENSORED GAME, Regardless of the content. I dont give a crap if i like it or I dont. Censorship of any kind is bad IMO. Its the same reason I feel the KKK has the right to do their stupid little protests and rally's. I dont like it, but free speech and is a two way street. Saying you absolutely hate censorship of any kind.. but are alright with THIS form of censorship seems like a very odd statement. Basically your saying your ok with people censoring stuff you don't like, but its not cool to censor stuff you do like? It doesn't work that way

Im sure people who want to censor the hell outa any kinda violence in videogames use the same argument/logic. Should Jack Thompson and his ilk be able to censor the violence in other games too? By the arguments I'm seeing here i guess a lot of you would think yes

Meh, anyway. Meru still hasn't arrived for me either. Seems a lot of you havent got it. Strange thing is im in CA and it shipped last week. If its not here by Friday i better give them a call

[quote name='Kenshindono']Basically your saying your ok with people censoring stuff you don't like, but its not cool to censor stuff you do like? It doesn't work that way[/QUOTE]

1000 times this.

Something like showing the raping of an adult is perfectly ok in our society, but suggestive drawings are not. WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back