Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='morrodox']Still shows as in stock at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that earlier today. Last night, it was backordered though so I don't know if it's just from people canceling or they got more in stock.

So I noticed that i never received a tracking confirmation from Newegg regarding my 2month old preoder. Apparently they decided to randomly cancel my preorder(last night) and say that i was was the one who did it.

If you guys want to see a really awesome chat with one of their reps who doesn't grasp that they F'd up, and won't help out. PM me for it.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I doubt anyone is paying full price who got it. I am going to be paying $38 for it, and probably most other people will be doing the same.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I got this for $12 off, also. I ain't even mad. :lol:

NIS America's Clan of Champions is now available on Steam and it's on sale for $31.99 until November 6. This game is the latest in a series of gladiator-training action games, following Colosseum : Road to Freedom on PS2 and Gladiator Begins on PSP. CoC is also coming to PSN sometime in the future.

Also, the PSP continues its refusal to die with the announcement of [url-http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/30/hakuouki-warriors-of-the-shinsengumi-headed-to-north-america/]Hakuouki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi[/url], a Dynasty Warriors style game set in the same world as the Hakuoki visual novel released earlier this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kickalillas2']I did too, it was during their very 1st $12 off sale. So i assume that yours may get cancelled as well. Hopefully they don't put the blame you too.[/QUOTE]
Well it's still pending, now they have this huge notice on their front page saying that they are having delays because of Sandy. Hope that's it.

[quote name='kickalillas2']So I noticed that i never received a tracking confirmation from Newegg regarding my 2month old preoder. Apparently they decided to randomly cancel my preorder(last night) and say that i was was the one who did it.

If you guys want to see a really awesome chat with one of their reps who doesn't grasp that they F'd up, and won't help out. PM me for it.[/QUOTE]

Same here they offered me a 12 buck gift card but passed

i had to pay 50 for it and then they would give me a code for 12 off the next game i got off them

Well I decided to just cancel my Mercenary Edition order from Newegg. I still want to get the game but decided to plow through some of my backlog first. Hopefully by the end of the year the Mercenary Edition will be $35 or the standard will be $25 on Amazon.

I wouldn't have been pissed off If Newegg had said, "Due to overwhelming demand we had to cancel your preorder". Instead, they said I cancelled it. The rep on that chat more/less called me a liar too.

[quote name='Namerson']My order from Newegg is still pending, no e-mails, no charges, just pending.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you are on the east coast, their front page has a warning about a delay in shipping. There is a chance that the games haven't reached the warehouse yet.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Ragnarok was my first and will be my last preorder from newegg. The communication was crap, it did not ship and I cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Eh, give 'em another chance. That's one experience. I've had 10 great ones so far, with many more to come. My anecdotal evidence > yours... lol

i always get my game 1-2 days after release when i pre-order from newegg...never had any shipping time issues with them

now if they could get their packaging in order...sometimes they should be using a box instead of a bubble envelope...

[quote name='hubb']I'm guessing you are on the east coast, their front page has a warning about a delay in shipping. There is a chance that the games haven't reached the warehouse yet.[/QUOTE]

I live in the Midwest but my guess would be that the distribution place is in the east.

[quote name='62t']Ys I and II LE was actually limited.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it was hovering around $20-25 brand new for the LE for quite a while. I already bought it when it first came out anyway.

[quote name='proKoyeon']

now if they could get their packaging in order...sometimes they should be using a box instead of a bubble envelope...[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Although, somehow, my Mercenary Edition copy arrived in perfect condition despite being put in a bubble envelope. *shrug

[quote name='AukeySeven']disgaea 4 for $19.90 at play asia
http://www.play-asia.com/Disgaea_4_Promise_Unforgotten/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-46gt.html[/QUOTE]

Wow that's tempting. Bought the game when it first came out, got a friend's angel flonne code, beat the game, did a LITTLE bit of post-game gridning, then sold it. Somewhat tempted to pick this up again... although with shipping bringing it up to $25, and "ships in 1-2 weeks" plus the "up to 21 days" cheap shipping option, I'd be looking at a month+ wait to save $10 vs the Amazon price (and I have prime, so 30+ days vs 2 days). And I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on sale this xmas.

That said, still very tempting. :cold: Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the game on sale for black Friday. How low? Well it is 35 there now so I think 20-25 is reasonable.

That being said I bought the game when it first came out and thought it was well worth the price.

I got my Mercenary Edition today from newegg. As usual it was shipped in a bubble mailer and the box got a small dent on it. I'm not complaining just think newegg would use a box to ship CE by now. The way I look at it is my game could have arrived in way worse condition so a small dent isn't the end of the world.

[quote name='callmewoof']Wow that's tempting. Bought the game when it first came out, got a friend's angel flonne code, beat the game, did a LITTLE bit of post-game gridning, then sold it. Somewhat tempted to pick this up again... although with shipping bringing it up to $25, and "ships in 1-2 weeks" plus the "up to 21 days" cheap shipping option, I'd be looking at a month+ wait to save $10 vs the Amazon price (and I have prime, so 30+ days vs 2 days). And I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on sale this xmas.

That said, still very tempting. :cold: Anyone else have any thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

It's been $20 at Amazon at before and it will likely happen again.

[quote name='Elmacanon']Release Date: 11/02/2012.
Newegg
What is this bullshit? Did they change the release date for RO:Merc?[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped two days ago. Maybe that's for a second shipment?

[quote name='Elmacanon']Release Date: 11/02/2012.
Newegg
What is this bullshit? Did they change the release date for RO:Merc?[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped. It's probably cause of Sandy and complaints, etc.

[quote name='elessar123']Mine shipped. It's probably cause of Sandy and complaints, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yep, their front page has a notification that they are experiencing shipping delays due to Sandy.

Well I knew about the shipping delays, but it was odd seeing you guys already received the package. I already confirmed with them, it was because of Sandy, oh well.

[quote name='Elmacanon']Well I knew about the shipping delays, but it was odd seeing you guys already received the package. I already confirmed with them, it was because of Sandy, oh well.[/QUOTE]

I believe they have 2 warehouses, one in CA (I think) and one in NJ.

I just got Disgaea 3 and only played about a hour so far. If I like it I'll get Disgaea 4 when it's on sale for under $20.

[quote name='callmewoof']Wow that's tempting. Bought the game when it first came out, got a friend's angel flonne code, beat the game, did a LITTLE bit of post-game gridning, then sold it. Somewhat tempted to pick this up again... although with shipping bringing it up to $25, and "ships in 1-2 weeks" plus the "up to 21 days" cheap shipping option, I'd be looking at a month+ wait to save $10 vs the Amazon price (and I have prime, so 30+ days vs 2 days). And I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on sale this xmas.

That said, still very tempting. :cold: Anyone else have any thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

I watched a few other games that dropped first in price on playasia before dropping over here. So I'm hoping for $20 or less so I can pick up Disgaea 4 before it goes OOP.

[quote name='blinknot4']Hey guys - is this bullshit? Don't think it's legit but I missed it at G'stop and Amzon - thought they were the only 2 retailers...

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8818771[/QUOTE]

Play-Asia had pre-orders of it as well for a while, but it was around $110 shipped to the US.

I put in an order at CD Universe just in case, we'll see what happens. I'll consider it a nice surprise if it actually ships.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Play-Asia had pre-orders of it as well for a while, but it was around $110 shipped to the US.

I put in an order at CD Universe just in case, we'll see what happens. I'll consider it a nice surprise if it actually ships.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool - I ordered it too. I have a feeling it is a mistake. But, we shall see...

NOTE: My biggest 'fear' is that they will ship me the regular version... for the cost of the Premium one. 11/20, a day of intrigue and mystery...

[quote name='sherlock2g']I just got Disgaea 3 and only played about a hour so far. If I like it I'll get Disgaea 4 when it's on sale for under $20.[/QUOTE]

If you "kinda" like Disgaea 3 you should buy Disgaea 4 then. Many improvements made it a much better game. The graphics are better, gameplay, pirate world, customization and humor was knocked up a good notch in 4.

Got my Mercenary edition in. Not happy.

2012-11-01_18-10-35_105_zps90bddee9.jpg

2012-11-01_18-10-51_194_zps4851c826.jpg

My Mercenary Edition also came damaged. I knew this would happen, though, and my Gamestop copy, which will come in a box, will come in on Monday or Tuesday. Problem solved!

[quote name='elessar123']Got my Mercenary edition in. Not happy.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That is painful to look at. Hope you're complaining to NewEgg and sending it back for a replacement.

I used a gift card and got it at GameStop, just so I could examine the box condition before I bought. Just had too many experiences like yours with NewEgg and Amazon, so I've decided the tax is worth avoiding the aggravation.

[quote name='elessar123']Got my Mercenary edition in. Not happy.[/QUOTE]

Man I really hope mine doesn't come like that. It just shipped from New Jersey so that's why it was probably delayed.

[quote name='morrodox']Ouch. That is painful to look at. Hope you're complaining to NewEgg and sending it back for a replacement.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they authorized an RMA and a label this morning.

[quote name='elessar123']Yep, they authorized an RMA and a label this morning.[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't agree to a replacement as that will likely be shipped in a bubble mailer as well. They are not only as bad as Amazon with replacements, but I have actually gotten things shipped even more poorly the second time (i.e. the first game came in a bubble mailer and the replacement came in a vinyl pouch with zero bubbles or padding at all).

[quote name='orcishlad']I got my copy of Ragnarok Odyssey from Newegg today. Standard edition, came in a big box. :lol:[/QUOTE]
lol same here. The copy of AC:Liberation I got was in a bubble mailer, but Ragnarok was in a big ol box by itself.

Code of Princess for 3DS (Atlus) is down to $31.99 on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878116055

I don't know how rare it is, but I know that I haven't been able to find it in the 5 retail stores I went into, and on other forums, it seems to be the same deal for other people that have been looking for it. I figured that with the CD and the art book, 32 bucks is a pretty solid deal on a game that may become fairly difficult to find soon. Anyone played it yet? I can't wait for an excuse to dust off the ol' 3DS!

[quote name='symphony_noir']Code of Princess for 3DS (Atlus) is down to $31.99 on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878116055

I don't know how rare it is, but I know that I haven't been able to find it in the 5 retail stores I went into, and on other forums, it seems to be the same deal for other people that have been looking for it. I figured that with the CD and the art book, 32 bucks is a pretty solid deal on a game that may become fairly difficult to find soon. Anyone played it yet? I can't wait for an excuse to dust off the ol' 3DS![/QUOTE]I don't necessarily want to scare people off, but CoP disappointed me with its repetitive combat, uninteresting story, and lackluster humor; it got to the point where I would have to force myself to play it. I got it from Newegg for $29.99 through a preorder promotion and I traded it in to BBY today for $21 after bonuses; I'm happy to keep the artbook and CD for $9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back