Jimmy Snuka's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cena vs K-Fed to start the show... I guess this is a decent move to try and capture viewers at the beginning, but it leaves no time to give it a feel of importance like they're been trying to do for well over a month.

[quote name='Genocidal']Jerry Lynn is back in action at Final Resolution:

Full story here: http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1107

Lynn vs RVD may be happening again in the near future.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I like Lynn personally, but I really don't think anyone ever bought a wrestling ticket to see Jerry Lynn. TNA is hyping up the in-ring return of someone nobody ever really cared for, save for a small and vocal minority.

[quote name='Sporadic']Are the crowd mics dead or is it just the crowd?[/QUOTE]

The crowd seems pretty hot to me.

Speaking of which, I think guyver is the cat on the near side of the camera wearing a Ricky(?) Williams jersey. Looks like him, but with more hair than I thought he kept.

Vince?

Conway?

In the same ring?

Holy shit, it's like Brooklyn Brawler getting a title shot.

Vince showing up to fire Conway really made no sense.. I think that angle was supposed to focus on the Trump vs Rosie shot.. the dead reaction from the crowd was priceless.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wikipedia is so fucking unreliable at times. It has several errors right off the bat: first, the claim that the game is coming in 2007 (it isn't), and the claim that the game is coming to Xbox (it won't). The 360? Sure. Original Xbox? Midway released 4 Xbox titles this year (NBA Ballers, MLB Slugfest, Spy Hunter, and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon), and have zero new Xbox titles on the horizon. I'm not saying it won't come out for Wii, but that the wiki entry is, like most wiki entries, flawed and untrustworthy.[/QUOTE]

http://wii.ign.com/objects/814/814946.html

Poor Lillian Garcia, I get the impression sometimes that they don't actually tell her ahead of time when they're gonna involve her in an angle.

Christ. Enough fucking flashback segments. I swear this Raw has been less than half original content, and almost all of that has dragged horribly. Not a good way to start 2007 IMO.

It says a great deal about character development and the stagnant flavor of Raw that I looked up, saw Rob Conway say he was going to be a winner this year, though to myself "my ass," and went in the other room to play Vice City Stories.

What was the Trump/Rosie thing all about?

I forgot Raw was on. I don't know what was keeping Melina in her top. :bouncy:

At any rate, doesn't anyone else find it amusing that Mickie James (who's character was more mental than even Victoria could ever be), is playing the face now?

Seeing Chris Masters back to his pre-suspension size I have to wonder, is WWE still doing drug tests?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']is WWE still doing drug tests?[/QUOTE]

Wrong question. The question is "is the WWE randomly testing all performers?" Otherwise, they could test Viscera for steroids every three weeks and claim that they're testing still, so everything is on the level. ;)

Semantics, I'm afraid, but semantics is what makes the world go 'round.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wrong question. The question is "is the WWE randomly testing all performers?" Otherwise, they could test Viscera for steroids every three weeks and claim that they're testing still, so everything is on the level. ;)[/QUOTE]

However if they tested Viscera for... say..... pounds of chocolate he ate per week I'm sure he would fail that test. :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']The crowd seems pretty hot to me.

Speaking of which, I think guyver is the cat on the near side of the camera wearing a Ricky(?) Williams jersey. Looks like him, but with more hair than I thought he kept.[/quote]

OMG YEA THAT WAS ME!! !LMAO

I dont know how the hell you were able to spot me.. lmao.. yea i let the hair grow a little..

lol can you believe they took away my signs.. apparently my section was not allowed to take signs because of the tv angle or whatever... they took away my cag sign

Best seats ive ever had!! everything was fucking awesome. took alot of pics and videos..even though its a pain in the ass to take pics in the arena...and the stupid security were being dicks saying you cant record video so i had to sneak it in....

the biggest pop of the night was for the cena fu on kfed.. that place went nuts

wow best seats ever and like 90% of my photos look like ass.. fuck i hate how pics come out in arenas

Dont know if this came out on raw ......ending

[media]http://themiamifamily.com/Videos/afterraw.WMV[/media]

kfed coming out

[media]http://themiamifamily.com/Videos/kfed.WMV[/media]

[quote name='guyver2077']I dont know how the hell you were able to spot me.. lmao.. yea i let the hair grow a little..[/QUOTE]

Let me just say that, while people criticize me as being arrogant, that's not a title I take offense to, as it is sometimes a deserved one. ;)

Truth be told, I have a vague idea of what you look like (via your XBL gamerpic), and the moment you stood and clapped for Federline's win, I knew.

Glad you had a good time. The crowd seemed super hot for Federline when he kept stalling, but it was pretty evident that Cena would get the comeuppance in the main event. I know it was a "4 on 1" match, but Coach and Estrada? They're obvious flunkies.

I can understand them taking away signs, regretfully, because of where you're sitting in the arena. I don't think we ever got a frontal view of y'all anyway, so we wouldn't have seen your sign.

Let me ask you this, if you have time: who was in the dark/heat matches, and what was the biggest shock of the night (say, for example, people cheering for Rob Conway, or knowing who Rob Conway was)?

I'll have to check out the video at work tomorrow, as I don't have the proper plugins installed to view it.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'll have to check out the video at work tomorrow, as I don't have the proper plugins installed to view it.[/QUOTE]

Its your standard Windows Media file myke therefore most likely you should be able to play it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Not a Mac user, are ya? ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh. Wasn't aware that you are a Mac user. Nothing against most Mac users either as prior to being a Windows/PC user I was (I kid not) an Atari 800XL/Atari ST user.

[quote name='mykevermin']Let me just say that, while people criticize me as being arrogant, that's not a title I take offense to, as it is sometimes a deserved one. ;)[/quote]

[quote name='mykevermin']Not a Mac user, are ya? ;)[/quote]

Intriguing correlation :mrgreen:

[quote name='guyver2077']OMG YEA THAT WAS ME!! !LMAO

I dont know how the hell you were able to spot me.. lmao.. yea i let the hair grow a little..

lol can you believe they took away my signs.. apparently my section was not allowed to take signs because of the tv angle or whatever... they took away my cag sign

Best seats ive ever had!! everything was fucking awesome. took alot of pics and videos..even though its a pain in the ass to take pics in the arena...and the stupid security were being dicks saying you cant record video so i had to sneak it in....

the biggest pop of the night was for the cena fu on kfed.. that place went nuts[/QUOTE]

You were standing 90 percent of the time so it would have been hard to miss you. ;)

After watching Raw (and reading this thread), I'm pretty sure I saw you as well. Rad seats indeed. The last time I went to Raw was the night of the last Nitro (where Shane came out and announced he'd bought WCW). I was off to the side of the announce table about five rows back, and bought my tickets from some guy who's son had gotten sick - they were leaving, and I bought their tickets. On a plus, Jericho-doink passed behind us as he came from the crowd.

I had 2nd row seats against the entrance way for Smackdown in Cleveland a few years ago as well, but I lost them. To this day, I have no idea what I did with them - 4 tickets down the drain.

[quote name='2Fast']Intriguing correlation :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

A well played hand indeed.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You were standing 90 percent of the time so it would have been hard to miss you. ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, I kept thinking "I bet whoever is sitting behind Guyver and his bro are pissed because they won't sit the fuck down!" Seriously, you guys were probably standing up during the commercials. ;)

Well they would only really let us stand during entrances and ending of matches... It was cool seeing the heat players not that far away..Behind me was this very hot milf.. i dont think she was really into it anyways..

Dark match was snitzky vs someguy there that i cant remember...

then heat matches.. crazy vs steve madison...val vs eugene.. vis vs hacksaw

I remember screaming during the kfed match but it didnt come out..i guess the mics were placed somewhere else.. i really wanted to scream tna when vince came out..

The doh! moment of the night was during lunch with hardy.. We asked him a few q's and he sat around right in front of my table..

He was explaining growing up etc.. and some guy asked him if his brother ever got into wrestling as well (or something to that extent).

Anyways its prob safe to say i will never have better seats in my life again.. even if i wanted to purchase front row i can never get even floor..they always reserve those. I think though i may get hooked up again in the future since bro's wife works for cw

im still kinda pissed about the signs.. i thought i sneaked in the cag sign since they were taking all the signs with bad words... but sucked when i found out they took them away.. they also have this ridicuous obsession with not letting ppl take pics with their phones...security made some guy delete a pic from his cell phone..wtf

For the life of me i cannot understand the persistant ball washing of K-Fed on other message boards. These people act like hes the greatest wrestling heel of the past 20 years or something. I just don't get the praise. He's a heat machine cause hes a douchebag not because hes some brillant wrestling mind. That match was fucking terrible last night.

[quote name='onetrackmind']For the life of me i cannot understand the persistant ball washing of K-Fed on other message boards. These people act like hes the greatest wrestling heel of the past 20 years or something. I just don't get the praise. He's a heat machine cause hes a douchebag not because hes some brillant wrestling mind. That match was fucking terrible last night.[/QUOTE]

It's indicative of more than that, IMO. We're hungry for some characters to absolutely *hate* right now, as we've been starved of it for ages. I just read Eric Bischoff's book on Sunday, and while I think there is both good and bad about it, I think he does understand the wrestling business. He talks about the 5 elements wrestling needs - "SARSA" - Story, action, reality, suspense, and anticipation.

The current WWE has action, and some story. There's no suspense due to the predictive nature of the shows, and those things that can create suspense (losing a match to Kevin Federline, for example) just don't matter anymore. It's completely inconsequential that John Cena lost to a "Surreal Life" caliber celebrity. So, there's no suspense.

There's no reality - due to the stereotypes (Cryme Tyme, Umaga) of some characters, and the thinness (Carlito, Chris Masters) of others. When I think about the WWE, and how they are in the business of "making movies," I think like a filmmaker - when I have a character, give me a character sketch: what's this guy's background, his motivations, his likes, his dislikes, his strengths, and his weaknesses? The WWE gives us none of that. Carlito has been around for years, and all we know is that he says "cool," spits apples, and has big hair. Chris Masters has been around for years and all we know is that he has muscles and the masterlock challenge. Gene Snitsky has a foot fetish (bet you forgot about that, or wish you had!). There's no dimension, there's no thickness, at all, to these characters. If I had access to WWE creative, I'd say to them "give me a character sketch of, say, Shelton Benjamin. Tell me 5-10 bullet points about this guy that I, as a viewer, should know."

I'd get one of two things: Points on a thick and well-developed character that have never been used on WWE tv before, or nothing at all, because they have no character sketch for him.

That is a MAJOR problem with the WWE right now. Let's face it; it's not because we demand great wrestling, as though we may, we all started watching because of Hogan or Stone Cold (or Demolition, certainly no ring technicians!). Good wrestling is made great by good characters, while great wrestling is only enjoyed by a handful of people, I'm afraid, if it involves guys like Dean Malenko or Jerry Lynn.

So, compared to these guys, Kevin Federline is a thoroughly-developed heel (thanks to shows like "Extra," and People magazine). He fucked America's Sweetheart and now she's used up white trash. He's the country's most well-known couch surfer since Kato Kaelin. He's ridden coattail after coattail to fame and fourtune. He's mostly a heel because he's just like all of us - a talentless hillbilly piece of trash - who just happens to have lucked his way into fame and fortune. And he's a cocky prick about it.

It's all there. Is he the greatest heel of all time? No, but for the moment, he circumstantially is. The WWE brings that on themselves by giving us characters so paperthin as to remove the reality from it all. Screech from "Saved by the Bell" was more developed than damn near everyone on the WWE roster.

Let me give you an example: take the current ECW champion, Bobby Lashley. Tell me something about him. Who is he, what are his interests, what's his persona, what's his motivation...sell me on him. Why should I want to see him?

[quote name='mykevermin']
Let me give you an example: take the current ECW champion, Bobby Lashley. Tell me something about him. Who is he, what are his interests, what's his persona, what's his motivation...sell me on him. Why should I want to see him?[/QUOTE]

He has a nice smile.

I have a quick tale to tell no nearly as good as Guyver's, but anyway one for me. My wife and I headed to Newark, NJ to stay at a hotel so we could drive to NYC to be in times square on New Years Eve. Every time I travel somewhere I think to myself why I never see anyone famous be it a football player, celeb, or even a wrestler. I got my wish. Just wish I was not so much of a mark.

I had just got off the air train looking at a new place I had never been. And realized that I had just passed Trevor Murdock, Lance Cade, Jonny Nitro, and Melina. I am on the escalator and go to head back up and they had got on the opposite train and were headed to their flights. So while waiting to pick up the car outside with my friend Umaga ans Shelton Benjamin come out head up the escalator and all I could do was nod to them.

I just wish I was not so much of a mark. I mean I was on GMA (Good Morning America) for about every live shot, chatting in up with the news anchors, but could not stop the wrestlers for autographs and or pictures..

[quote name='onetrackmind']For the life of me i cannot understand the persistant ball washing of K-Fed on other message boards. These people act like hes the greatest wrestling heel of the past 20 years or something. I just don't get the praise. He's a heat machine cause hes a douchebag not because hes some brillant wrestling mind. That match was fucking terrible last night.[/QUOTE]

It's probably because he's better on the mic then 80% of the other "heels" WWE has tried to shove down our throats.

Now I'm not saying his match last night was good but it was better then I was expecting from a guy who can't wrestle and a guy who isn't trained to wrestle.

[quote name='Roufuss']He has a nice smile.[/QUOTE]

ninjalashley1th2.jpg

O RLY?

[quote name='OzCatter']Anyone watch the NYR conference? I was the one who Cena called a jagoff[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm a Cena mark. ;)

I got $20 sez you made some smart-mark comment to him. What did you yell that got his ire?

He was talking about revolutions, and I yelled "Blah Blah! I've already lost interest" and he responded.

It was hilarious, the guy that was arguing with Coach was also next to me

[quote name='OzCatter']He was talking about revolutions, and I yelled "Blah Blah! I've already lost interest" and he responded.

It was hilarious, the guy that was arguing with Coach was also next to me[/quote]

just heard it lol

Someone's gonna lose their job - during RVD's entrance, I looked up to see they zoomed in on one fan sign that said the following:

"RVD next world champion or it's TNA time!"

:rofl:

Ah, so that's what the sign said. I noticed red TNA lettering, but didn't see the rest of it - and someone won't lose their job over something so minor. It'll just be edited out of any future showings. Little kids are chanting "BULLSHIT" at the ending - good going, WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back