Joost Invites Available

Invites sent to broboore down to benzene.

Please update your posts if you could.

Thanks

The service seems to be running smoothly today.

I entered all your names as John Doe, so don't get freaked out if the email starts off as:

Hi John!

[quote name='Shangralia2005']I would like a Joost invite please![/QUOTE]

You need to submit a email address to get a invite.

All right I got everyone from 'skulls don't fade' to 'jah_warrior28'

[quote name='hellrider']invite please [email protected] thxs a bunch[/QUOTE]

I'm getting an invalid email address when I put yours in. Try getting a pookmail email address. Look at second post of this thread for info.

tr4nce and FRAUD, invites sent.

[quote name='encendido5']I'll take one too, thanks!

encendido5 at yahoo dot com[/QUOTE]

Invite sent to you and twiztidgear.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']How is joost?[/QUOTE]

Invites sent to dcfox and interion.

Not bad, still watching the Gong channel, which is an anime channel. They also have a video game channel, Gamestar, but I find it pretty lame. Then they have stuff from Comedy Channel, MTV, Much, National Geographic, etc.

Sounds really interesting... would appreciate an invite.

chongunaudi (a-t) netscape (d.o.t) net (Sorry for encoding it)

Thanks again.

[quote name='timiddy']Sounds really interesting... would appreciate an invite.

chongunaudi (a-t) netscape (d.o.t) net (Sorry for encoding it)

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Invite sent.

Again, if you are uncomfortable giving out your email address consider using pookmail.

http://www.pookmail.com

It's very quick and easy way to create a disposable email address that lasts 24 hours.

[quote name='ForKChop']I'd appreciate one if they are still available...

[email protected]

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Invites to you and Cyborg. Joost users, including those that get invites, will be able to give out an unlimited amount of invites.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']How is joost?[/QUOTE]

There's a glimmer of promise, but I don't see what the big deal is. Joost is just a program that streams video, and the video happens to be television shows. It's nice that I can watch Newsradio, but I could also rent the DVDs from Netflix. There's nothing novel or ingenious about Joost, at least not on the frontend. The video artifacting and stuttering are bad, even on my fiber connection, and the UI is inexcusable. To say that Joost is not ready for primetime would be an understatement.

I'm still getting boatloads of errors when I run it. Apparently they are experienced by random users, so thanks to those able to send out invites, as mine just screeches to a halt when I try.

[quote name='11440']There's a glimmer of promise, but I don't see what the big deal is. Joost is just a program that streams video, and the video happens to be television shows. It's nice that I can watch Newsradio, but I could also rent the DVDs from Netflix. There's nothing novel or ingenious about Joost, at least not on the frontend. The video artifacting and stuttering are bad, even on my fiber connection, and the UI is inexcusable. To say that Joost is not ready for primetime would be an understatement.[/QUOTE]

I think the main thing "revolutionary" about Joost is that it uses a peer to peer network to stream its video. This reduces costs greatly since Joost isn't providing all the bandwidth to stream the videos. In theory with more users there are, the smoother the video should be.

[quote name='ofacto']I think the main thing "revolutionary" about Joost is that it uses a peer to peer network to stream its video. This reduces costs greatly since Joost isn't providing all the bandwidth to stream the videos. In theory with more users there are, the smoother the video should be.[/QUOTE]

But if it isn't clever on the frontend, how will it attract users? The buzz of an invitation-only beta will create momentum for only so long.

bread's done
Back