Joystiq: BS Announcement - IBM shipping processors

I love how if you go to Joystiq right now, it makes it seem like the big news is "MICROSOFT TO LAUNCH XBOX 360 CORE SYSTEM IN JAPAN."

Ooooooooh. Ahhhhhhhh.

[quote name='Z-Saber']So five minutes before midnight = 12:01? Or did they want to get the jump on everyone else? Or is this not really it?

Find out in approximately four minutes![/quote]

I think its funny how Kotaku started off the post.
"Frankly, I'm not sure if this is good news, bad news or no news"

They made a post earlier hyping a 12 o clock announcement. If thats it, they sure do look kind of stupid.

That was it. How fucking pathetic.

922. Kotaku broke the embargo, and so did the Austin paper. Believe me, my contacts will be alerted to this. I think it's a slip up by the Statesman, but an asshole move by Kotaku to break it on purpose just to have it a few minutes before us.

Well, at least we know how to write here at Joystiq.

Oh COMON JOYSTIQ. THIS WAS THE BIG NEWS?

Only good news is:

"Well, considering that Nintendo has had their hands on a large amount of the final Broadway chips since July, we can easily speculate that the Wii could feasibly be released within the next few weeks. Perhaps by the end of the month."

Hoorah. I expect October release.

WTfuckinghell? Alright, the big news is "Wii will be shipping soon and Nintendo will still have their big conference next week"

Seriously, WTF? I wasn't expecting much but jesus this is weak.

What I find funny is how Joystiq and Kotaku have the exact same article, refers to an "I" in there and the authors are two different people.

Just a very lame attempt to try to garner hype for their websites. I knew it was to good to be true.

broadway.jpg

Well to look at the bright side of things, hopefully we're looking at a late Sept. to late October launch time.

Imagine that, playing the Wii in only a couple of weeks.

My god.. I wonder how much their traffic skyrocketted, all from a message board post.

They'll probably take this evening's numbers to advertisers, and say "look sumbitches, pony up more dough"

I can't fucking believe I stayed up for this shit!! Why the fuck would they bother embargoing this useless piece of information? It basically boils down to Wii launching sometime between now and November and that it'll be more powerful than the GC. We already knew this months ago!!!

[quote name='dcfox']I can't fucking believe I stayed up for this shit!! Why the fuck would they bother embargoing this useless piece of information? It basically boils down to Wii launching sometime between now and November and that it'll be more powerful than the GC. We already knew this months ago!!![/quote] WELL ATLEAST WE NOW HAVE A PICTURE OF AN OLD GUY WITH A CHIP!

See! BE GRATEFUL!

Here comes the edited pictures of the guy!

I understand the potential for a remarkably quick release of the Wii (like next month), but that potential is nothing that hasn't been speculated on for a while, and it will continue to be speculation until Nintendo gives us a date. They could have two million Wiis boxed and ready to go next week and still not release until November 2. Now I need to go to sleep.

I live on the West Coast so it's only 9 PM here, but if I had to stay up for such obvious non-news, I would flip my lid. So, the "big" news is that the Wii will launch sometime in the next month or two.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Is it possible to put an entire website on "ignore"?[/QUOTE]

hehe :D

This was incredibly dissapointing. I wasn't expecting much but this story was downright insulting.

bread's done
Back