Just walked out of Miami Vice

[quote name='Brak']I've found that the best girls, for me, are the one who don't go out, subconciously looking for a primal mating session.

For me, and this isn't for everyone (which is key), I have to be sexually attracted to a girl - and, most importantly - have some type of bond with her... and the best word used for that bond is "friendship".

I know that in some walks of life, and in regards / directed-towards most shitty human beings, it's not good to mix sex with a friendship -- but some people can't be defied by set conventions. It's as simple as that. Sure; many can, but some can't.

You could find a girl like that in the stereotypical social settings -- maybe -- but, probably not. Hell, I won't be there, in that social setting, anyway.

If I don't have a friendship with a girl I'm seeing, it's shallow; not a relationship, for me, by any means.

I think this may be why I only have had one serious girlfriend.[/quote]

I'll agree w/ you that the best relationships foster both physical attraction & friendship. I don't agree w/ you that the best girls are the ones that don't go out. Sometimes, going out just means going out.

[quote name='Strell']You're missing the point.[/quote]

Which is? That an independent woman would not want to go out on group dates? :whistle2:s

[quote name='jaykrue']It's not a complete psychological profile but an impression of personality type. I wouldn't know a girl's exact taste in clothing, music, etc. I'm not that good. :lol: But I will be able to figure out whether she's a vapid airhead or an independent & intelligent young woman. :bouncy:[/quote]

Don't flatter yourself, you seem to think you know everything about me and what I need to/should do.

[quote name='DJ K8E']Don't flatter yourself, you seem to think you know everything about me and what I need to/should do.[/quote]

Where did I say that? All I said was that I would be able to figure out whether a girl is a vapid airhead or an intelligent woman. If you're referring to my previous comments, then point out specifically where I'm wrong. Am I wrong to say if you're sick of all the guys hitting on you in the bar, that you shouldn't go? Am I wrong to say if you're forced to go, that you have to accept that it comes w/ the territory? Am I wrong to say that there are other avenues to finding guys who will treat you w/ the dignity & respect that is accorded to an individual?

[quote name='jaykrue']Where did I say that? All I said was that I would be able to figure out whether a girl is a vapid airhead or an intelligent woman. If you're referring to my previous comments, then point out specifically where I'm wrong. Am I wrong to say if you're sick of all the guys hitting on you in the bar, that you shouldn't go? Am I wrong to say if you're forced to go, that you have to accept that it comes w/ the territory? Am I wrong to say that there are other avenues to finding guys who will treat you w/ the dignity & respect that is accorded to an individual?[/quote]

At this point the length of this conversation is way out of proportion to my interest in it. You've gone and blown something miniscule I just happened to say so far out of context and read to far into it, when in fact there was nothing to read into. I hope you don't do this in everyday conversation.

[quote name='DJ K8E']At this point the length of this conversation is way out of proportion to my interest in it. You've gone and blown something miniscule I just happened to say so far out of context and read to far into it, when in fact there was nothing to read into. I hope you don't do this in everyday conversation.[/quote]

So, enlighten me then. Was anything I wrote to you wrong? What's to read? You stated that you hated guys' typical responses to you in a bar setting. The logical solution to that would be not to go. Barring that, I gave alternatives if you were forced to go. It's not like it's a psychological operation delving into the mysteries of the human psyche.

[quote name='jaykrue']So, enlighten me then. Was anything I wrote to you wrong? What's to read? You stated that you hated guys' typical responses to you in a bar setting. The logical solution to that would be not to go. Barring that, I gave alternatives if you were forced to go. It's not like it's a psychological operation delving into the mysteries of the human psyche.[/quote]
Here's the point ----------> .

Here's you ------------> .

[quote name='DJ K8E']Here's the point ----------> .
Here's you ------------> .[/quote]

So your response is to tell me I'm off base without giving me the reasons why? Great. :applause::roll:

If you want to shut me up, tell me where I'm wrong instead of sidestepping. I'm the type of person who'll gladly concede if the reasons are solid. But I won't back down because someone tells me I'm off base w/o the reason why.

[quote name='jaykrue']So your response is to tell me I'm off base without giving me the reasons why? Great. :applause::roll:

If you want to shut me up, tell me where I'm wrong instead of sidestepping. I'm the type of person who'll gladly concede if the reasons are solid. But I won't back down because someone tells me I'm off base w/o the reason why.[/QUOTE]

She didn't want a psychoanalysis. It was just a hypothetical flight of fancy, and not to be taken literally. You're offering advice to someone who did not want or ask for advice in the first place.

[quote name='Panama Red']She didn't want a psychoanalysis. It was just a hypothetical flight of fancy, and not to be taken literally. You're offering advice to someone who did not want or ask for advice in the first place.[/quote]

But that's my point. It WASN'T a psychoanalysis. My mind follows a logical progression. If she said A, then I offer B as a solution. Even if it was meant in jest, I would've still offered it. It's part of having a conversation. I don't think I said anything mean-spirited, detrimental, or derogatory to her and if she thought I did, I apologize. But when she said, and I quote:

Don't flatter yourself, you seem to think you know everything about me and what I need to/should do.

It had some venom to it so of course I'm not gonna back down when something like that is said. I'm gonna call her on it & ask where I was wrong.

[quote name='jaykrue']My mind follows a logical progression. If she said A, then I offer B as a solution.[/quote]

For all that you say you know about women, do you not know that when women complain about something they are not looking for a solution, but merely to vent?

Once she thinks of a valid point to make, maybe she'll say it but nothing yet. People who are losing an argument either go off into totally unrelated stuff or reiterate already dead points again(driving it in circles trying to shut you up).

It's funnny she wants an intelligent conversation but won't hold one up in the thread.

[quote name='DJ K8E']For all that you say you know about women, do you not know that when women complain about something they are not looking for a solution, but merely to vent?[/QUOTE]

QFT.

If I had a quarter for everytime my gf said this exact same thing to me....

Man, that makes me sound like a terrible bf, doesn't it?

[quote name='DJ K8E']For all that you say you know about women, do you not know that when women complain about something they are not looking for a solution, but merely to vent?[/quote]
So? Even it was to vent, did it ever occur to women that a guy might just be saying that as way to alleviate her discomfort? Even if a girl doesn't use the solution, she should've at least understood the fact that someone was nice enough to be thoughtful about her situation.

EDIT: As I said, it's just part of having a conversation. I never made a judgment call on you as a person professing to know you inside & out. I just offered up a solution to your dilemma. Doesn't mean you have to use it at all.

And now in an ironic twist, I shall walk out of this thread for the same reason I walked out of the movie in the first place. Lack of interest.

[quote name='DJ K8E']And now in an ironic twist, I shall walk out of this thread for the same reason I walked out of the movie in the first place. Lack of interest.[/quote]

That's really too bad. I thought the conversation was quite interesting.

[quote name='mr ryles']if you want a guy to say something al ittle more sophisticated I would suggest not going to bars. And you don't have to throw the drink his face, just drink it and at least say thank you for the courtesy of him buying you a drink.

You remind me of the controlling bitch form Saving Silverman. Good day satan.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Good show!

And to think Ryles, your posts used to annoy me.

Edit- Although now looking at Jay v. DJ, that was pretty entertaining as well.

[quote name='dastly75']Yup women aren't logical or rational, they'll bitch about wanting intelligence but won't hold up an intelligent conversation.[/QUOTE]
You're right, I could never compete with your intelligence ;)

[quote name='6669']You're right, I could never compete with your intelligence ;)[/quote]
Nope. I hear his spies and saboteurs are par excelence!
But then, they're all lonely, lonely guys, so I'm thinking you've got a fighting chance. :D

If you'll excuse me, I need to go complete my overly elaborate yet easily escapable death trap for the next group of intelligence agents.

[quote name='Moxio']Grow up, guys.[/quote]

That's actually the problem Moxio.
They're starting to notice changes, like a deeping of their voice and hair where there wasn't any before.

[quote name='JSweeney']Nope. I hear his spies and saboteurs are par excelence!
But then, they're all lonely, lonely guys, so I'm thinking you've got a fighting chance. :D

If you'll excuse me, I need to go complete my overly elaborate yet easily escapable death trap for the next group of intelligence agents.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
Good luck!

[quote name='JSweeney']That's actually the problem Moxio.
They're starting to notice changes, like a deeping of their voice and hair where there wasn't any before.[/QUOTE]

I think you meant to say:

About a year ago, he noticed his voice was changing, he had terrible acne, and had fur where there was no fur before.

Just saw Miami Vice, wasn't bad, wasn't great. Really weak compared to Collateral and Heat, but it didn't suck in my opinion. Though, the shaky, grainy cam just screamed unprofessional to me.

[quote name='DJ K8E']At this point the length of this conversation is way out of proportion to my interest in it. You've gone and blown something miniscule I just happened to say so far out of context and read to far into it, when in fact there was nothing to read into. I hope you don't do this in everyday conversation.[/QUOTE]

What's hilarious is that while I was trying to discuss the topic (which is Miami Vice) you took one word I misspelled and wrote this long rant about misspelled words and tried to make yourself seem smart at my expense.

You blew up something miniscule and read too far into it, when there was nothing to read into... if you kept your mouth shut and stayed on topic to begin with, none of this would have ever happened, but no, you had to prove your intelligence when no one asked for your opinion. You could have merely corrected my word and moved on, or at least stayed on topic.

I hope you don't do this in everyday conversation.

[quote name='Roufuss']What's hilarious is that while I was trying to discuss the topic (which is Miami Vice) you took one word I misspelled and wrote this long rant about misspelled words and tried to make yourself seem smart at my expense.

You blew up something miniscule and read too far into it, when there was nothing to read into... if you kept your mouth shut and stayed on topic to begin with, none of this would have ever happened, but no, you had to prove your intelligence when no one asked for your opinion. You could have merely corrected my word and moved on, or at least stayed on topic.

I hope you don't do this in everyday conversation.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I enjoyed the movie but I will say that it was nowhere near Heat or Collateral. Heat is my favorite movie and Collateral is probably top 20. It was very different and started out extremely slow. It's too bad you left after an hour because the movie is 2 1/2 hours long and was probably about to start picking up. Whoever said there was no action obviously didn't see it or left early as well. The finale was sick. Probably the most realistic shootout as far as sound I have ever seen/heard, even more realistis than Heat. This is coming from a Marine who has been around plenty of firefights.

[quote name='Roufuss']
I hope you don't do this in everyday conversation.[/QUOTE]

I hope she does. The world needs more women busting everyone's balls occassionally.

[quote name='Strell']I hope she does. The world needs more women busting everyone's balls occassionally.[/QUOTE]
But what we don't need is people (men or women) acting pompous and intellectually elite about stupid grammar and spelling mistakes. I mean really, would you stop someone on the street cause you overheard them make a simple grammatical mistake? Probably not because it makes you look like an ass, same situation here.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']But what we don't need is people (men or women) acting pompous and intellectually elite about stupid grammar and spelling mistakes. I mean really, would you stop someone on the street cause you overheard them make a simple grammatical mistake? Probably not because it makes you look like an ass, same situation here.[/QUOTE]

Point taken, but at which point do you draw the line over what is acceptable to be pompous about?

Social issues? Relationships? Sexual escapades? Game high scores? Artistic ability? Musical taste?

'Cuz I've seen those all over these forums.

[quote name='Strell']Point taken, but at which point do you draw the line over what is acceptable to be pompous about?

Social issues? Relationships? Sexual escapades? Game high scores? Artistic ability? Musical taste?

'Cuz I've seen those all over these forums.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I hate when people have a pompous attitude about anything.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Personally, I hate when people have a pompous attitude about anything.[/QUOTE]
What? You didn't catch the symbolism of the train wreck enigmatic ending of White Noise?

You just wouldn't get it... :nottalking:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Personally, I hate when people have a pompous attitude about anything.[/quote]

That seems a bit contradictory, RedvsBlue.
In the OTT while talking with Nigel, you chide him for getting up in arms about a comment JimmieMac made, stating:

Hmm, I've never seen a picture but Jimmie usually knows his stuff so its good for a laugh.

Well that and the fact that I've learned that losing your temper and getting pissed about what he says is just dumb. For one, its someone who you'll never meet in real life anyway and then there's the fact that what he says is usually good for a laugh anyway, even if its about you.

Now, it would be a rather hard argument to take to suggest that in his post, and in his posting history, that JimmieMac has not at some points been a pompous ass. So, do you have a shifting scale for these things, or just turn a blind eye at times?

[quote name='JSweeney']That seems a bit contradictory, RedvsBlue.
In the OTT while talking with Nigel, you chide him for getting up in arms about a comment JimmieMac made, stating:

Hmm, I've never seen a picture but Jimmie usually knows his stuff so its good for a laugh.

Well that and the fact that I've learned that losing your temper and getting pissed about what he says is just dumb. For one, its someone who you'll never meet in real life anyway and then there's the fact that what he says is usually good for a laugh anyway, even if its about you.

Now, it would be a rather hard argument to take to suggest that in his post, and in his posting history, that JimmieMac has not at some points been a pompous ass. So, do you have a shifting scale for these things, or just turn a blind eye at times?[/QUOTE]
You said Jimmie was a "pompous ass" -- RedvsBlue didn't.

It'd be pompous to stress one's opinion as an absolute, wouldn't it..?

[quote name='Brak']You said Jimmie was a "pompous ass" -- RedvsBlue didn't.

It'd be pompous to stress one's opinion as an absolute, wouldn't it..?[/quote]
Yes it would, however, notice, I didn't state it as a certainty. Considering pompous means "marked by excessive self esteem" or "overly boastful", I think it would be rather hard to argue that Jimmie isn't a pompous ass at times.

Hell, it'd be a difficult argument to make to say that I'm not frequently a pompous ass. But then, I don't have people lauding me while decrying being pompous.

I'd consider the username almost interchangable between a number of CAG users, I mean, it could just as easily be you, Strell, etc...the point was that the statement didn't exactly seem consistant with other posts recently made.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']This thread went so far south it's trying to swim back from Cuba.[/quote]

Cuba? Nah. I'd say it's about Brazil right now, in a couple hours, it may hit Antartica.

[quote name='nickmad']Michael Mann is a genius, dont ever forget it.[/QUOTE]
Hahahahaha, that made my day.

IMO, Mann made one good (not great) movie, Heat. (I loved this flick when I was a teen but when I watched it again a year or two ago I thought it was just above par.) Three ok movies; Manhunter (Much better then Red Dragon though IMHO), The Insider and Last of the Mohicans.
Micael Mann does not make the thinking man action flicks like some would like to believe it is just that others make action movies for chimpanzees.

Collateral was predictable this is a thinking man's action flick then call me William Blake. I could see right through this paper thin movie.

Ali hahahah

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything I just don't get what others see in Mann. Movies are hard to judge though. What I find to be brillant others find it to be waste of time and vice versa.

[quote name='spoo']Hahahahaha, that made my day.

IMO, Mann made one good (not great) movie, Heat. (I loved this flick when I was a teen but when I watched it again a year or two ago I thought it was just above par.) Three ok movies; Manhunter (Much better then Red Dragon though IMHO), The Insider and Last of the Mohicans.
Micael Mann does not make the thinking man action flicks like some would like to believe it is just that others make action movies for chimpanzees.

Collateral was predictable this is a thinking man's action flick then call me William Blake. I could see right through this paper thin movie.

Ali hahahah

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything I just don't get what others see in Mann. Movies are hard to judge though. What I find to be brillant others find it to be waste of time and vice versa.[/quote]

Movies tend to be difficult in that way, as effective moves tend to evoke some sort of emotions... making them much harder to discuss and gauge that if one views them logically. However, by just viewing movies in cold, logical and clinical way, you lose a great deal of awe and majesty that make movies such great escapism.

[quote name='JSweeney']That seems a bit contradictory, RedvsBlue.

Now, it would be a rather hard argument to take to suggest that in his post, and in his posting history, that JimmieMac has not at some points been a pompous ass. So, do you have a shifting scale for these things, or just turn a blind eye at times?[/QUOTE]
Like Brak said, you called Jimmie pompous not me.

I find Jimmie's rants and insults amusing but that has nothing to do with whether or not I think he's a "pompous ass" as you called him. Most of what Jimmie posts are insults (humorous ones at that), very rarely does he say that his attitude or opinion is superior to someone else's. Furthermore, he doesn't nitpick someone's grammar an write a 2 paragraph response in which he self-fellates himself as having a superior use of grammar.

Like Brak said, you called Jimmie pompous not me.

Yes, I did, and I think the posting history and general concenus of posters would probably agree that there have been occurances of that behaviour.
Of course, I'd imagine the same criticism would be just as apt if leveled against me.

I find Jimmie's rants and insults amusing but that has nothing to do with whether or not I think he's a "pompous ass" as you called him.

But shouldn't it? If it bothers you when people are pompous about anything, shouldn't that be a criteria when you're considering if something is funny, worthwhile, etc? Sure, the strenght of the content would likely always override that criteria, but shouldn't it always be considered, even if you like the person?

Most of what Jimmie posts are insults (humorous ones at that), very rarely does he say that his attitude or opinion is superior to someone else's.

I'd disagree with that. In many of the jokes, there's a suggestion of the person's inferiority, and thus an implicit statement of his superiority. Thus, I'd find these statements as suggesting "excessive self-esteem", as you're placing yourself above another. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Furthermore, he doesn't nitpick someone's grammar an write a 2 paragraph response in which he self-fellates himself as having a superior use of grammar.

Yes, but that's not the only thing that would make someone popous.

I've always been of the mind that one of the best things about Jimmie is that he is always consistant. You always know where he stands on something, even if you disagree with it.
That can't be said for a great many people. The point here isn't to suggest that JimmieMac is a popous ass. I'

My point here isn't to drag Jimmie through the mud, but rather to suggest that I think you're being a tad to subjective to make such absolute statements as
" Personally, I hate when people have a pompous attitude about anything."

See but I still maintain that there's a difference between the character of Jimmiemac and nitpicking someone's grammar. I personally feel as if Jimmiemac's insults are a result of his ability and desire to make people laugh, which is fine, not his desire to make himself feel superior to other people and be pompous.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']See but I still maintain that there's a difference between the character of Jimmiemac and nitpicking someone's grammar. I personally feel as if Jimmiemac's insults are a result of his ability and desire to make people laugh, which is fine, not his desire to make himself feel superior to other people and be pompous.[/quote]

I guess that's just where we have to disagree. as I don't think it's really that possible to make jokes at the expense of others (for any purpose, even if you're trying to entertain others), without implicitly agrandizing yourself.

However, I hardly see brutalizing some people, deserved or not, as a philantropic endeavour.

How in the hell did I suddenly start parading myself in this thread?

I'll be the first to admit my online persona is a boastful bastard.

This is why it is an online persona. 'Cuz I don't get to act like this much in real life, so I get a few kicks in here online.

Now I dunno what the conversation was about anymore, but I'm amused I'm getting chided (if indirectly) for something I really don't have anything to do with.

That makes me feel good.

And hard.

And for the record, me being discussed in reference to something I have nothing to do with is precisely what might make me act pompous. Therein lies the irony and rub, Hamlet.

Well, I saw Katie's initial "nitpick" about your grammar.. err.. spelling.. to be nothing more than someone following their own train of thought and posting said train of thought for whatever reason..

She corrects you in one sentence then moves on to another instance where someone used the wrong word which she found funny. Then went on to say how she has seen various people get made fun of in real life for such things as the previous guy, and how sometimes it happens to her. From there she goes into talking about how these guys that talk to her are idiots and don't know how to have a real conversation and not some cheese pick-up line. She even said that "Oh my, I've gone and ranted again, haven't I?".

It's like following someone train of thought. I know it well, because often times I forget what I just thought of and have to start at a point a few connections ago and work forward. Like this: What was I thinking of? Oh! A band. Crap, what was it? Okay, let's see I was thinking about gemstones, diamonds. Rappers, crazy bling, rock dying, emo bands, punk music, oh yeah, it was New Found Glory. Or something like that.

So in reality. She corrected, whoever then went on to other things connected to that. Didn't seem pompous to me one lick.

bread's done
Back