Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

Oh, they also made a big deal out of the fact that their trailer did feature in-game, real-time cut scenes. In fact, they ran through the beginning of it a second time, pausing in the middle to move the camera around and zoom in and out, just to prove there was nothing up their sleeves.

Hehe.
Wish they'd give you that option in the game for fun. (ala MGS special editions)

The game looks so OMG. I'll be honest that is actually exceeded my expectations. IMO, it blows Gears of War away (Gears just has extra armor on the characters).

The video was so awesome, it made me forget EVERYTHING MS discussed during their press conference.

Looks incredible! I can't wait, and truly hope they can add a class based multiplayer mode. That would make it perfect.
Does anyone know about the story? If any of the K1 main players return like Hakha?
If any game would make me spend 500 bones on a system, this would be it.

the trailer looks awesome...best part that blow me away

53gh06a.gif

4knruc3.gif

Looks great and exceeded my expectations. I can't wait for this trailer to hit PSN so I can download it in HD and watch it via my television set.

Hope to hear a more solid release date on this sometime soon and multiplayer details.

Yep that shit looks fucking badass, with all the blood gushing out. And I thought Haze and COD4 were awesome looking, this just tops them.

Looks very nice. I may or may not buy a PS3 this year, but I will surely buy one next year. This game looks like it will be very fun to play.

Time for Sony to shutup the fucking Naysayers. I really hope they shine this year, and not because of fanboyism, but because of competition.

If we keep competition in our game industry the creative minds that make these games will always have a bar to exceed or at the least reach.

I am glad that Killzone 2 looks almost identical to the trailer, and I am happy that everyone is so freaking stoked for it. Even though I just got a PS3 I have always believed that Sony had it in them and this is their time to show why you can't count them out yet.

Maybe its the apples and cinnimon oatmeal talking, but damn it feels good to be a gangster.

OK just watched the trailer and honestly guys, lets be HONEST, that makes Halo 3 look like a pile of goop. Halo 3 still looks decent but if that can represent the final product in our hands and the whole game is that polished, fuck we have a new halo; nay a new Half Life.

This trailer must be the slowest download ever, I've been going for an hour and have 4 left... anyone know if it's on bittorrent somewhere?

Someone should make torrents for all the press conferences too (maybe they will exist, I just haven't looked yet)

Maybe its the apples and cinnimon oatmeal talking, but damn it feels good to be a gangster.
Hehe.

This trailer must be the slowest download ever, I've been going for an hour and have 4 left... anyone know if it's on bittorrent somewhere?
Yeah, let me get you a link.

Awesome, just awesome.

I can't wait for it to come out!

I hope it keeps the characters from the first game. They had a pretty good story going.

[quote name='DJSteel']personally I think it looks better than halo 3[/QUOTE]

Visually I concur on that. I just hope the gameplay holds up to the visuals.

Halo 3 looks very clean, very nice textures, very glossy.

KZ2 has a very dirty, gritty look, and realistic in it's own way.

Both are pretty, but honestly, the gloss (and blandness) is what has always turned me off Halo.

Down and dirty firefights for me please.

Hey folks.
I'm a little busy at the moment, but I have to say something!

First of all. WHAT DID I SAY? Did I lie? It IS one of our most important games, in the history of SONY Computer Entertainment. And I hope you like it!

And I am not finished yet:

- Don't forget one thing: This game is PRE-pre-alpha! So, not PRE-Alpha, PRE-PRE! So, please don't start some "Hey, can you see that texture poppin' up! PLEASE, stop it, ok?
biggrin.gif

There will be much more details, effects and so on. Give us some time.

- Second: Half of the animations are still NOT in the game
biggrin.gif
so, it will look MUCH MUCH better in the final game. Yes, we said it: The animations are matching the target render. Maybe it looks even better in the final game.

- third: Is there already a video out? I get no info here, because the conference is killing us (with joy).
biggrin.gif
If so, enjoy it! If not, playstation storewill have it. You have to see it in HD to believe it.

So, wait for the conference for more info.
You saw NOTHING yet!

bye

[quote name='Maynard']That pretty muched trumped the entire MS conference IMHO.[/QUOTE]QFT x 999999999999. I'm still amazed at that video and still can't believe what I saw.

O...M...G...

That looked insane...

fucking smacked all the naysayers in the mouth!

The starting part where they were flying down... was like... WOW...

[quote name='nonggame']WOW, This game looks tooo good. ^__^ Finally the game that will shut Gear of War fanboys up.[/QUOTE]

nope... 1up says that KZ2 does not look better than Gears of War?

then I said to mysef... fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, can we say for a moment that Gears of war looks closer to the graphics on the rendered KZ2 trailer, than this new KZ2 in game graphics does? Gears of War is just a bunch of small sand boxed in environments come in one way and exit the other, KZ2, has a larger environment and more detail. oh yeah, the Halo 3 fanboys say that this game isn't as fast Halo 2.5... I mean 3.

So with that said, as a avid PS3 fan, fuck Gears of War, fuck Halo, Killzone 2 is going to be nice when it comes out, and I can't wait to play it.

Gears is such a different art style. Seriously I am going to say that gears doesnt look ALL that good. it just has a different style of art.

And just loads up everything with bump mapping. Seriously the look of Kilzone 2 and the movement is so much better.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Gears is such a different art style. Seriously I am going to say that gears doesnt look ALL that good. it just has a different style of art.

And just loads up everything with bump mapping. Seriously the look of Kilzone 2 and the movement is so much better.[/QUOTE]
Gears is very very very shiny.

Anyways, after that trailer I'm going to go pre-order Killzone 2 just on principle. For a game like that, I'll gladly pay full price at launch.

Graphics are nice, but most people buy FPSs for the multiplayer aspect.

Since this game is on PSN it already failed at that.

Unless Sony put's in ass in gear by the time this is released.

And, hopefully it plays well too.

[quote name='zewone']Graphics are nice, but most people buy FPSs for the multiplayer aspect.

Since this game is on PSN it already failed at that.

Unless Sony put's in ass in gear by the time this is released.

And, hopefully it plays well too.[/QUOTE]
HOME should be up by the time Killzone is out so that should help. If they make online work the way Rainbow 6 does on the PS3 (reviews have compared it to Live) then it will be fine.

bread's done
Back