Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

I would be surprised if it is more than $5. They obviously had the maps pretty much done when the game was released though.

Oh what I would give for GG and /6 to trade places.....

[quote name='smiggity']
Oh what I would give for GG and /6 to trade places.....[/QUOTE]Actually, it would be better to place it as, /6 gets the funding GG does (because it is true /6 was given a PS2 size budget for SOCOM (which just won't cut it this gen unless you're making a tiny PSN game), while GG was given one of the largest budgets ever for a first party game. Basically, when you get more money for funding, leads to more staff and more things getting done. It's mostly just a matter of SCEA not caring much for what happens with SOCOM in the first place, which was kind of unfortunate).

As for the map packs, I'm going to bet they will be $5.99 bundled together. That's a typical SCEA pricetag on NA content.

I just got the game and have about two hours in online. Please add me if you'd like someone to play with. I've mainly been playing body count so I can get used to the maps and gameplay.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Never would of thunk it. I would assume Kz2 would've been the biggest dent for Sony to date and Resistance 2's first map pack was pay-to-play. I guess Kz2 exeeded their retail expectations.[/quote]
No doubt, and Insomniac even charged just for new skins! I'm pretty surprised if these maps end up being free.

Their sales must have been phenomenal

I hope that later down the line they provide some additional ranks, classes, and badges to the game. I'd love to have one of those online co-op hoard modes - where you can just take on waves of Helghast.

I ran into a glitcher the other day.

I had spot marked him before he got behind the wall of my teams spawn point. I watched the blue X run along the side of the map until he got there.

Here is the replay, he is number 19, Too_Lazy_2_Think.

If you watch at the 1:30 mark of the Capture and Hold round, you can see him (19) drifting along the edge of the map, starting up on the bridge near the HG's spawn. The reply seems to glitch some too, as I don't think he was really zapping from side to side of the map. But maybe he did but I do know that he got be through the wall on the right side a few times I as tried to figure out how to get rid of him.

Patch 1.24 coming on April 22, 2009

Hi guys,

here's the patch notes being released now. Once this patch is live we will start on the next, even bigger patch. We've got some good stuff still coming for you guys. We'll talk a little more about these changes next week on www.killzone.com .

Have a nice weekend.

Seb

On April 22nd at 8AM GMT, Guerrilla Games will release the next game update to their hit First Person Shooter Killzone 2, exclusive for the Playstation3.
The primary main aim of patch 1.24 is to enable the released versions of the game to play with Japanese release due on the 23rd of April 2009.
It also enables support for the first DLC pack – “Steel and Titanium” available on the Playstation®Store from the 30th of April 2009 and we have added three additional ranks to the top-end of the rankings known as ‘Hardcore ranks’.
There are also some minor improvements on finding and joining friends and clan member, but we will continue to improve on the system with the next update.

The patch is 57MB large and a full list of fixes and feature updates are below:

AI - Bots now skipping disabled/destroyed MGs in warzone when requesting mounted guns.
AI - Do not claim waypoints for the previous character when it's dead.
AI - Fixes bots getting stuck trying to arm/disarm S&D object when mission is already over.
Campaign - Fix for potential progression bug in Salamun Bridge.
Clan - User name, not users clan displayed in rankings
Clan - Winning 10 Clan Challenges causes the user to become stuck on the medal awards screen.
Controls - Lean & Peak - Zoom hold on and out of ammo it switches between regular/scope view rapidly.
Cosmetic - Blue screen tint which indicates scout cloak is occasionally enabled and will remain indefinitely.
Cosmetic - White squares on the grenade counter merge together when displayed in 1080p
Create Game - "Badge Combination" option does not work properly
Create Game - Online - "clan only" presets apply even after a player leaves a clan
DLC - DLC pack 1 - 'Steel & Titanium' support DLC - New Loading screens advertising the first DLC pack.
Exploit - Helghan Industries - Player getting out of map fix.
Exploit - Radec Academy - User is able to gain access to the roof when revived in a specific location.
Exploit - Reviving player stuck in wall collision can result in him spawning outside level
Exploit - Salamun Market - One sided wall allows people to be seen and shot from outside where they cant see or fire out
Exploit - Tharsis Depot - Player can get out of the "normal" play area and can get into some sniper/camp spots
Feature - Invite player from friendslist Feature - Join Clan Member list added.
Feature - Join Game - 17-24 players filter.
Feature - MP - Moving while seeing scores after pressing SELECT
Feature - The radar/map now has a larger radius
Feature - Three additional 'Harcore' Ranks added to the top limits.

Front-end - Add support to display more than 8 maps when creating a game /challenge/tournament
Front-end - Sorting ascending and decending ranks working better in 'Rankings'
Front-end - When in a squad, the Valor Trophy is visible in the Squad Tab, however the users rank is not being displayed on top of it.
Mods - Official tournament to be displayed first followed by custom created tournaments
Mods - Additional functionality made avalable to the in-game moderators.
Network - Server side fix for full games being displayed incorrectly.
Network - User is unable to use the 'Join Clan Member' tab due to Network Error Code 20002.
Online - File-synching with the Japanese release of Killzone 2 on the 23rd of April.
Sound - Turret placing sound continues when killed.
Stability - Crash when synching gamestate after a full mapcycle
Stability - Hang on a screen with a blank message window just before a message appears.
Stability - Reducing the load on the server related to syncing the buddylist
Stats - If a clan wins 24 Clan Challenges and goes to the result screen, the medal acquisition screen, which normally displays when you win 25 games, will display.
Stats - Number of air-support grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
Stats - Number of spawn-grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
Stats - User sometimes does not receive 1000 valor award when winning 10 Clan Challenges.
Text - % character not displayed correctly on the creating game dialogue box after selecting to create game.
Text - If a client receives an invite from a clan which has a '$' character in the clan name, the recipient will get kicked
Text - Minor Italian localization fix.
Text - Minor Japanese localization fix.
Tournament - Game decides winner if one of the two teams doesn't spawn in
Trophies - Fix for Wargod trophy unlocking pre-maturely

We are continuing to improve the game with updates to existing content and adding new features. Work on the next patch has begun and we will continue to support this game. If you have any questions regarding the patches or have problems with Killzone 2, please visit www.killzone.com for further help.

END

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

I'll see how the new patch plays out but on paper it looks good. For some reason though, I haven't had a desire to touch this game in a while. Once I knock out a game or two I think I'll come back.

The price is made worse by those fucks who said it was free. I mean, it's not that expensive but when you hear it was free and then it costs 5.99, it sucks.

New Trophies as well...

Wasteland Medic (Bronze)
Revive 5 allies in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Engineer (Bronze)
Repair 5 objects in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Tactician (Bronze)
5 allies spawn on your spawn grenade in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Saboteur (Bronze)
Kill 5 enemies while disguised in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Scout (Bronze)
Kill 5 enemies while cloaked in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Wasteland Assault (Bronze)
Boost 5 times in Wasteland Bullet during one round.

Cruiser Medic (Bronze)
Revive 5 allies in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Engineer (Bronze)
Repair 5 objects in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Tactician (Bronze)
5 allies spawn on your spawn grenade in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Saboteur (Bronze)
Kill 5 enemies while disguised in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Scout (Bronze)
Kill 5 enemies while cloaked in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Cruiser Assault (Bronze)
Boost 5 times in Vekta Cruiser during one round.

Exploit - Tharsis Depot - Player can get out of the "normal" play area and can get into some sniper/camp spots
I got into a spot today through the helghast search and destroy room. It was an awesome sniper spot where you overlook the spawn point of the helghast. Shoot em on their way out.
Wonder if this is one of the places they are "fixing" :(

You have to go to the second floor of that room by the stairs that you can see the captore and hold beacon from. Then jump on the rail in front of the little roof of the search and destroy computer thing.
Then jump from the rail to this tiny little ledge by an opening, you'll be able to see the propaganda speaker delivery point through it. Then duck and walk through and you are now perked up on a ledge you can walk along and watch over the helghast spawn point.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/21/patch-124-fewer-bugs-more-features/

Guerilla has made a second post on the upcoming patch:
In a continuing effort to provide support for Killzone 2 Online, and to show you day-1 fans of Killzone that we mean business, we are very happy to announce the upcoming 1.24 patch. This patch is the biggest one yet, and addresses a large number of reported issues, exploits and bugs - but it also adds new functionality to the game for you to enjoy! I would like to highlight the fact that we are adding 3 new ranks to the game, reached at 5000, 10000 and 100000 points respectively. These ranks do not give any rewards but it allows the real hardcore players to show off their hard work to everyone in-game! Other highlights include a new 17-24 player search game filter, enlarged HUD radar distance and a much requested “Join Clan Member” tab in the join game screen. The patch also allows you to play against the next batch of contenders: Japan, who will be able to buy their copies of Killzone 2 on the 23rd of April and will be joining the community online.

Allow me to clarify on these new features a little: The new ranks we’ve added are basically a reward to all the players out there that have massive amounts of points, and we hope that it inspires other players to keep on playing. The 17-24 player filter was a direct request from the community because a lot of people think the ’sweet spot’ of the multiplayer levels is around 24 players instead of 32 and are creating custom games accordingly. The Join Clan Member tab was also a direct community request, allowing players to join clan members when they are playing regular non-clan related games.

There has been a lot of discussion on the forums about the lack of a ‘party system’ in Killzone 2 and rest assured, we are working hard on creating features that will make it easier for you to play with your friends online. These features include being able to join the same faction of a friend already in-game directly from the join game menus, manually being able to switch faction during gameplay and making existing squads consistent over multiple rounds; no more need to create a new squad every single round. These features will be coming to a patch near you soon!

To read more details about the 1.24 patch specifics, please visit the Killzone 2 FAQ section.

We hope this patch shows how dedicated we are to the game, and that it will allow you to enjoy Killzone 2 Online just that little bit more! Of course, we will continuously keep looking for more bug and exploit fixes, as well as keep an eye out for other additions we can add to the game. So please keep reporting on the forums! And last but definitely not least, a big thank you from the entire Killzone 2 team to all the Killzone players out there for their continuing support!

Keep on fraggin’!

P.S.: I almost forgot to mention: The patch also adds DLC support! … So you know what that means… ;)

So I guess I'm in line for the 5,000 points rank, and soon the 10,000 points rank. It's got to be Retroactive. 100,000 points rank though...no way in hell.

I also wish they'd patch Campaign mode so the enemy AI was more stupid.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']What is this fix for the Wargod trophy? How would it be unlocked prematurely?[/QUOTE]
lol, I fired up the game right after downloading the patch and immediately got this trophy. I think it's still not working right.

[quote name='Sarrasis']lol, I fired up the game right after downloading the patch and immediately got this trophy. I think it's still not working right.[/quote]
Wargod is the elite difficulty right?

did you even attempt it yet? o_O

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Wargod is the elite difficulty right?

did you even attempt it yet? o_O[/QUOTE]
Nah it's for getting all remaining ribbons. Which I'm nowhere near getting.

[quote name='Breakpoint']Radar is for lames, I never use it. Its just a cheap trick to use when someone is shooting at you.[/quote]

It does add a degree of unrealistic to the heat of battle, but to be honest it's useful in situations where I have my volume down to compensate for things I might otherwise hear. For example, I don't turn up my surround sound when I'm using a headset because it's fucking rude to make everyone listen to your background noise... otherwise I'd be more likely to hear the firefight going on behind me.

Eh.. it's give and take.

[quote name='Sarrasis']lol, I fired up the game right after downloading the patch and immediately got this trophy. I think it's still not working right.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

The trophy could just be for getting the two general medals. Which is all that's left after getting the badge, combat and mission ones. I guess they changed it so you don't need all the other ones to unlock it. Which kinda contradicts what they said in the patch notes. But whatever, I'll take it!

Check this out

image.php

http://killzown.com/image.php?user=GonzoCorleon

Replace my name with yours, after the equal sign, and it will automatically make you a tag with your stats.

side note: 60 kills an hour :) that's a kill every minute lol

just picked up the game... and from a hardcore CoD4's owners perspective: its a different pace.

Only playing single player for now, but I can see myself having problems for the first few days in online mode.

quick question though: does playing single player have any effect on the any multiplayer features?

[quote name='oldboy']just picked up the game... and from a hardcore CoD4's owners perspective: its a different pace.

Only playing single player for now, but I can see myself having problems for the first few days in online mode.

quick question though: does playing single player have any effect on the any multiplayer features?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Single player doesn't effect multiplayer features at all. Multiplayer is quite different, there's no cover system and some weapons you find in the single player aren't in the multiplayer due to balancing issues. Lots of other differences too but it's more fun for you to find them as you level up your rank online.

[quote name='joshr915']ya i wish everything from sp was in mp sometimes.
mech
battles would be so freakin awesome.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah they would!

bread's done
Back