Killzone 3 Collectors Guide Hardcover - Amazon Includes 3 Unlock points

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!
The link and page is up for it but they don't have the price up yet. I haven't seen this available or even a glimpse anywhere else. When I read about it in the details found out it too gives you (3) Unlock points for upgrading weapons and abilities. I played the Beta so I know how helpful this will be. If you preorder Killzone 3 through Amazon they give you another (3) Unlock points so all together (6) total.

Thought this might interest those who can't wait for this game, and who collect the guides.

Only put it in the deal category because of the (3) unlock points

You can also sign up to be notified when its available.

Killzone 3: The Collector's Guide [Hardcover]

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Coll...0322/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295700718&sr=8-1
Product Description

The Collector's Edition Guide comes in a hard cover featuring a bookmark, a quick reference card with useful tips and infos, behind the scenes content including additional concept art and an exclusive developer interview not available in the Standard edition.

For online players, hardcore gamers and true Killzone 3 fans alike: The Official Future Press Guide

Forget the Internet. This guide is the only serious source for players to improve their online play and win more often.

Written for all difficulty settings including the hardest one, "Elite" – a guide that even hardcore gamers can use.

The exquisite design transposes the world and feel of Killzone 3 onto the page, giving the guide the appearance of an art book.

Each guide gives access to 3 Unlock Points to get a head-start in online play. This makes the guide a must-buy for every Killzone 3 player.

Killzone 3
The Official Guide

The Only Guide to Becoming Elite…

After the critically-acclaimed guide to Killzone 2, Future Press have done it again. Crushing the Helghast on the Elite difficulty setting is the real meat of Killzone 3’s Campaign. Crushing your opponents in Warzone is what Killzone 3’s Online Multiplayer is all about. These two challenges are the central focus of this guide and its aim is to make sure anyone can become an elite Killzone 3 veteran. By providing strategies and tricks that work in the very toughest situations, we ensure that anything less than the most serious challenge is overcome. If you’re really up for mastering the game, all you need is here.

…in Warzone

Weapons Training | Learn how to win in multiplayer, and all of the tricks you need to use to stay alive. The best ways to use each weapon are revealed, along with exact details of their strengths and weaknesses. Full statistics are listed for each weapon and the most effective ways to use them.

Area Surveillance | High quality maps reveal the battlegrounds in full, with each important area described in detail. We show the best spots for sniping, the ideal ways to secure areas and the quickest routes between objectives, all in an easy-to-use format.

Team Tactics | Teamwork is essential to victory, so optimal strategies for squads and teams are provided for all maps and modes. Learn to take full advantage of the class-based gameplay by using communication and roles effectively.

Class Breakdowns | In-depth coverage of the 5 unique classes in Killzone 3. The Primary and Secondary abilities are all outlined, with strategies for using them to the fullest. Discover the optimal loadouts and unlock priorities, along with map-specific tricks each class can use.

Modes & Objectives | Strategies are provided for each individual game type across each of the 8 maps. Separate, extremely effective tactics for Guerrilla Warfare and Operations modes, and team strategies for completing and securing objectives.

…and Campaign

Elite Tactics | A full, highly-detailed walkthrough for the Elite difficulty setting makes tackling any battle straightforward. The best cover positions and sniping spots are revealed, and strategies are provided to take advantage of both players in the co-op Campaign mode.

High Detail Maps | Every area of the Campaign is fully rendered in exquisite maps straight from Guerrilla. Objective locations, weapon pickups and optimal cover points are all highlighted, with text linked directly to the maps.

Helghast Intel | Every component of the Helghast war machine is laid bare, and every type of trooper’s abilities and tactics are described. Learn how to take down each and every enemy on Elite with ease.

Trophies Unlocked | Earning the coveted Platinum Trophy is made simple with a comprehensive Trophy Guide. Multiple solutions are provided for each Trophy to ensure they're easily achieved using different styles of play.

Lavish Extras | The rich world that Guerrilla has created is revealed in intimate detail. Concept artwork depicts how the characters and environments were formed and interviews with key members of staff describe the process involved.

Bonus Points | Purchasing the official guide gives you access to 3 Unlock Points that you can use to get a head start in unlocking abilities and weapons for your chosen class. We recommend the right time so they give you an edge in placing high on the leaderboards.

[quote name='Ionotropic']A little bit off topic, but since we're all into Killzone 3 here, anyone have opinions on if the Helghast Edition is worth the extras? I'm feeling like it's overpriced. I'd like the artbook, soundtrack, and dynamic theme, and the camo figurine is cool, but I don't really care about the helmet. I wish there was a "middle version" of the game.[/QUOTE]

I originally pre ordered the helghast version of the game...

I looked over the extras and you know I thought they really aren't offering anything enticing.. Like you I don't care for the helmet..hell the figure I really don't care for.

Then the bonus online boost...I mean I played the beta and I level up FAST. So when it all came down to it, the premium theme will probably be available later.

I cancelled after this realization.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I've been playing the beta (frozen dam) and i gotta say we really don't need any unlock points lol. i maxed out a class in like 1.5-2 hours and that was playing warzone and little to no deathmatch.

3 unlock points is like playing two good games of warzone w/ team wins.

(not trying to thread crap, just some thoughts from the beta)

That book is really gorgeous though..[/QUOTE]

If your going to stick with one class then you won't need the 3 points. However once your reach level 25 it begins to rank up slow, very slow.

The Paperback version of the Killzone 3 guide offered by Amazon.com says it's by FuturePress at the top of the page, but the picture and the publisher listed under the product description indicates it's by BradyGames.

How concerned should I be?

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Unfortunately doesn't look like its coming to US from what FuturePress just told me..

Me: oooh ok Thank you. Did you get what I wrote about the Killzone 3 softback? I'ts offered here on Amazon.. but the hardcover is listed but no price or anythingYesterday at 2:34pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Future-Press/308190701162 That's because Amazon didn't want the hardcover version...3 hours ago ·

On Amazon there is a sign up if you want to be notified of this being in stock.. maybe if enough people requested it they'd order some but who knows ..

I ordered mine from Amazon UK[/QUOTE]

How much did it come up to? I'm ordering mine tomorrow and I'd like to know what the total price is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hanzohattori1']How much did it come up to? I'm ordering mine tomorrow and I'd like to know what the total price is.[/QUOTE]
I'd have to look.. I ordered Killzone 2 and 3 guides just as a collectible.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I've been playing the beta (frozen dam) and i gotta say we really don't need any unlock points lol. i maxed out a class in like 1.5-2 hours and that was playing warzone and little to no deathmatch.

3 unlock points is like playing two good games of warzone w/ team wins.

(not trying to thread crap, just some thoughts from the beta)

That book is really gorgeous though..[/QUOTE]
You rank up easy inthe first few ranks and get more unlock points but to they are few and far between (unlock points) when you get up to rank 13 or so and on out of 45..

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Gamestop will not be getting this I spoke to their manager today he said they only get Brady or Prima guides[/QUOTE]
Yeah I found out the same during my lunch. Bah!

Playstation Blog just covered the guide!

Future Press is covering every aspect of the game, from highly detailed overview maps of the single player campaign to minute details on obtaining each of the trophies and secrets. Killzone 3: The Official Guide is no less meticulous, with an extensive breakdowns of the single- and the multiplayer modes as well as useful tips and strategies for players of every skill level.
In addition, Killzone 3: The Official Guide contains lavish concept artworks depicting the development of the characters and environments of Killzone 3, accompanied by interviews with key Guerrilla designers describing the process involved. As a special bonus, purchasing the official guide gives you access to 3 Unlock Points that you can use to get a head start in unlocking abilities and weapons for your preferred career. The guide even recommends the right time to spend them!
Killzone 3 and Killzone 3: The Official Guide will be released on February 22nd in North America. The official game guide is also available in a hardcover Collector’s Edition. For more information, please visit the Future Press web site.
Here's a pic of the US version:

5434214298_b1b4ac076a_z.jpg

ssjmichael, that's the cover art for the non-CE guide. Amazon still shows the CE guide as "email me when available" without any item information.

[quote name='shrike4242']ssjmichael, that's the cover art for the non-CE guide. Amazon still shows the CE guide as "email me when available" without any item information.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? It looked like a hardcover to me but I guess it's just a thick paperback binding. And if you go to the flicker page you'll notice the filename is "KZ3_SE cover_US". The SE I assumed being special edition. I wouldn't be surprised if they had differ cover art for the US version since the games themselves will have different art by region.

edit: I see what you mean now about that being the image for the regular guide, so I guess the CE one will still be the UK one

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']There's 3 different ones offered

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Official-Guide-Future-Press/dp/3869930268/ref=tmm_pap_title_1

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Coll...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1297419655&sr=1-3[/QUOTE]

They better release some more info about the differences between the first 2 guides. From the Product Info, the first one (which is already priced at $12+) is listed as being published by BradyGames and is 80+ pages longer than the second "authentic" FuturePress one?

I'm really confused, but signed up to be notified once the other non-CE guide comes in stock (if it ever does :cry:).

FuturePress! They made the rarely seen in the US Hardcover collectors edition Guide for Killzone 2. And Guerilla, who put together Killzone 3 said why mess with the rest? Stick to the best! FuturePress is thee only guide you'll want for this game. I've seen the Killzone 2 guide and it's not only beautiful but more in depth than most any guide you'll come across. Take a look at their collector's edition hardcover.

http://www.future-press.com/index.php?book=107&sect=books&skip=0

The soft cover is available only at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Direct from Killzone.com

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-02-10_official-game-guide.html

Gamestop only sells Brady and Prima, already verified through management there.

So far Amazon is only selling the soft cover, hopefully with enough requests we can get the Hardcover collector's edition here in the US as well.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']They better release some more info about the differences between the first 2 guides. From the Product Info, the first one (which is already priced at $12+) is listed as being published by BradyGames and is 80+ pages longer than the second "authentic" FuturePress one?

I'm really confused, but signed up to be notified once the other non-CE guide comes in stock (if it ever does :cry:).[/QUOTE]
I dunno where you guys are seeing Brady games but both white covered ones I linked show published and author as futurepress for me.. even down lower in the description

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']FuturePress! They made the rarely seen in the US Hardcover collectors edition Guide for Killzone 2. And Guerilla, who put together Killzone 3 said why mess with the rest? Stick to the best! FuturePress is thee only guide you'll want for this game. I've seen the Killzone 2 guide and it's not only beautiful but more in depth than most any guide you'll come across. Take a look at their collector's edition hardcover.

http://www.future-press.com/index.php?book=107&sect=books&skip=0

The soft cover is available only at Amazon.

Direct from Killzone.com

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-02-10_official-game-guide.html

Gamestop only sells Brady and Prima, already verified through management there.

So far Amazon is only selling the soft cover, hopefully with enough requests we can get the Hardcover collector's edition here in the US as well.[/QUOTE]

The entire facebook page is you begging for a guide lol :lol:

[quote name='DaMonStEr']The entire facebook page is you begging for a guide lol :lol:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your distorted and exaggerated observation. :bouncy: I've wanted one of these since I found out about it. I have recently talked back and forth lately often with them about this. Opinions are like .. well ya you know

But aside from that they do quality work and more people should know about their guides. True collectors anyways who order from the UK or do a little "begging" as you say to get the prize haha

I'm just going to stick with the paperback guide. From looking at the extras in the hardcover version I can't justify the extra money especially when there is only 16 pages of difference.

[quote name='LordVila']I'm just going to stick with the paperback guide. From looking at the extras in the hardcover version I can't justify the extra money especially when there is only 16 pages of difference.[/QUOTE]
And 3 unlock points

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']There's 3 different ones offered

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Official-Guide-Future-Press/dp/3869930268/ref=tmm_pap_title_1

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Coll...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1297419655&sr=1-3[/QUOTE]

The first one mentions BradyGames as the publisher and ha 386 pages. The second says it's from FuturePress and is 300 pages. Amazon will have to clarify everything eventually.

Update: if you look up the ISBN number (0744012945) of the first one, you will see that it is indeed a Brady Signature Series guide:

I've sent Amazon feedback about the image used since it's wrong. It is possible they have the ISBN and Publisher info wrong, but then there wouldn't be another FuturePress paperback listing on amazon.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Book Depository has all 3 books with prices. They're a uK company but ship worldwide (to most countries, us included) for free.

http://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=killzone+3&search=search

Futurepress paperback: $15.68
Futurepress hardcover: $24.14
Bradygames paperback: $14.99[/QUOTE]

What is their policy on Pre-Orders? Charge when shipped?

Edit: Did some digging on their website. I think it is charge on order placement, but you can cancel via an online form*? Refund within 30 days

*It's unclear if there is another step beyond submitting the online form.

Ssjmichael, you're a boss for finding this. I thought The Book Depository only went through Amazon, since they're the cats I bought both my Killzone 2 and Bayonetta CE guides from. Thanks again!

Big fan of futurepress guides, jumped at the opportunity to buy the Bayonetta Hardcover guide alongside the KZ3 one from Book Depository. Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='XRznach0']Big fan of futurepress guides, jumped at the opportunity to buy the Bayonetta Hardcover guide alongside the KZ3 one from Book Depository. Thanks for the tip.[/QUOTE]

Good job pointing out the Bayonetta, jumped in on it too. Says I grabbed the last one, hope it actually ships I missed it the first time around.

[quote name='Lexicon']Good job pointing out the Bayonetta, jumped in on it too. Says I grabbed the last one, hope it actually ships I missed it the first time around.[/QUOTE]

What price did you guys pay? Double check your isbn and make sure you are not getting the German language one. That one is still in-stock at regular price on amazon.de

[quote name='shrike4242']Nice find, ssjmichael. Worth saving the $10+ from Amazon.com.uk.[/QUOTE]
I'm seeing $38.87 for Killzone 3 Hardcover now, did they increased the price?

[quote name='Lexicon']Good job pointing out the Bayonetta, jumped in on it too. Says I grabbed the last one, hope it actually ships I missed it the first time around.[/QUOTE]

Already platinumed the game but i love collecting hardcover strategy guides. Mine says its processing, so it should go through soon.

[quote name='TheSecretBaldwin']Great find at Book Depository ssjmichael. Ive never heard of them before but Ill give it a shot. I dont import very often.[/QUOTE]

This is the same boat I'm in. But from the sounds of it, this guide should be worth it.

Instead of Amazon having "Notify me when available" it now says: "Out of Print--Limited Availability"

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Got my guide and I must say very damn nice man!! Blows Prima and Brady away[/QUOTE]
Really?

My shipped this morning allegedly... gotta wait.

[quote name='primalcarnage']Zavvi.com has it in stock for US $21.XX (12.95#)[/QUOTE]

I've run into a problem trying to place an order. It won't let me use PayPal for some reason?

Edit: and is my Postcode my U.S. postal code?
Edit #2: ^ Hopefully it is cuz that's what I did...

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I've run into a problem trying to place an order. It won't let me use PayPal for some reason?[/QUOTE]
I don't know, I just use my CCard.

I've ordered from them before and had no problems.

Maybe it has something to do with the currency conversion....

bread's done
Back