Killzone 3 Collectors Guide Hardcover - Amazon Includes 3 Unlock points

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!
The link and page is up for it but they don't have the price up yet. I haven't seen this available or even a glimpse anywhere else. When I read about it in the details found out it too gives you (3) Unlock points for upgrading weapons and abilities. I played the Beta so I know how helpful this will be. If you preorder Killzone 3 through Amazon they give you another (3) Unlock points so all together (6) total.

Thought this might interest those who can't wait for this game, and who collect the guides.

Only put it in the deal category because of the (3) unlock points

You can also sign up to be notified when its available.

Killzone 3: The Collector's Guide [Hardcover]

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Coll...0322/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295700718&sr=8-1
Product Description

The Collector's Edition Guide comes in a hard cover featuring a bookmark, a quick reference card with useful tips and infos, behind the scenes content including additional concept art and an exclusive developer interview not available in the Standard edition.

For online players, hardcore gamers and true Killzone 3 fans alike: The Official Future Press Guide

Forget the Internet. This guide is the only serious source for players to improve their online play and win more often.

Written for all difficulty settings including the hardest one, "Elite" – a guide that even hardcore gamers can use.

The exquisite design transposes the world and feel of Killzone 3 onto the page, giving the guide the appearance of an art book.

Each guide gives access to 3 Unlock Points to get a head-start in online play. This makes the guide a must-buy for every Killzone 3 player.

Killzone 3
The Official Guide

The Only Guide to Becoming Elite…

After the critically-acclaimed guide to Killzone 2, Future Press have done it again. Crushing the Helghast on the Elite difficulty setting is the real meat of Killzone 3’s Campaign. Crushing your opponents in Warzone is what Killzone 3’s Online Multiplayer is all about. These two challenges are the central focus of this guide and its aim is to make sure anyone can become an elite Killzone 3 veteran. By providing strategies and tricks that work in the very toughest situations, we ensure that anything less than the most serious challenge is overcome. If you’re really up for mastering the game, all you need is here.

…in Warzone

Weapons Training | Learn how to win in multiplayer, and all of the tricks you need to use to stay alive. The best ways to use each weapon are revealed, along with exact details of their strengths and weaknesses. Full statistics are listed for each weapon and the most effective ways to use them.

Area Surveillance | High quality maps reveal the battlegrounds in full, with each important area described in detail. We show the best spots for sniping, the ideal ways to secure areas and the quickest routes between objectives, all in an easy-to-use format.

Team Tactics | Teamwork is essential to victory, so optimal strategies for squads and teams are provided for all maps and modes. Learn to take full advantage of the class-based gameplay by using communication and roles effectively.

Class Breakdowns | In-depth coverage of the 5 unique classes in Killzone 3. The Primary and Secondary abilities are all outlined, with strategies for using them to the fullest. Discover the optimal loadouts and unlock priorities, along with map-specific tricks each class can use.

Modes & Objectives | Strategies are provided for each individual game type across each of the 8 maps. Separate, extremely effective tactics for Guerrilla Warfare and Operations modes, and team strategies for completing and securing objectives.

…and Campaign

Elite Tactics | A full, highly-detailed walkthrough for the Elite difficulty setting makes tackling any battle straightforward. The best cover positions and sniping spots are revealed, and strategies are provided to take advantage of both players in the co-op Campaign mode.

High Detail Maps | Every area of the Campaign is fully rendered in exquisite maps straight from Guerrilla. Objective locations, weapon pickups and optimal cover points are all highlighted, with text linked directly to the maps.

Helghast Intel | Every component of the Helghast war machine is laid bare, and every type of trooper’s abilities and tactics are described. Learn how to take down each and every enemy on Elite with ease.

Trophies Unlocked | Earning the coveted Platinum Trophy is made simple with a comprehensive Trophy Guide. Multiple solutions are provided for each Trophy to ensure they're easily achieved using different styles of play.

Lavish Extras | The rich world that Guerrilla has created is revealed in intimate detail. Concept artwork depicts how the characters and environments were formed and interviews with key members of staff describe the process involved.

Bonus Points | Purchasing the official guide gives you access to 3 Unlock Points that you can use to get a head start in unlocking abilities and weapons for your chosen class. We recommend the right time so they give you an edge in placing high on the leaderboards.

[quote name='primalcarnage']I don't know, I just use my CCard.

I've ordered from them before and had no problems.

Maybe it has something to do with the currency conversion....[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks! I placed a "pre-order"; I totally forgot to do so on the other import site, and the price shot up to $28. I really should've canceled my softcover order from Amazon.com, but I forgot to do that also...

*grumble* stupid Amazon for not distributing the CE in the US *grumble*

The paperback guide @ Gamestop is Future Press also. It has the unlock points also.

It's still $11.50 on Amazon if u don't mind not having the hardback and just want the unlock points like me.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The paperback guide @ Gamestop is Future Press also. It has the unlock points also.

It's still $11.50 on Amazon if u don't mind not having the hardback and just want the unlock points like me.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yea I figured out the Gamestop version is exactly the same one as the Amazon version a couple of days ago, but forgot to mention it here.

Anyone confirm they actually ordered the Hardcover within the states?

The listing on Amazon shows it's out of print already.

Plus, if you are ordering the EU version and get the three unlock points, you'll likely be unable to use them unless you also have the PAL version of the game.

Much like the GT5 DLC...

UK dlc codes sometimes work with US psn... such as my AC:B codex 5-item code,
since im pretty sure uk psn is different from other euro countries psn (ie germany has its own psn).

Anyone else get the Hatch KZ3 premium theme and the retro map pack in addition to the 3 unlock points? (softcover from amazon)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vader582']Anyone else get the Hatch KZ3 premium theme and the retro map pack in addition to the 3 unlock points? (softcover from amazon)[/QUOTE]
Was kinda pissed I didn't get the hatch theme with mine.. Amazon doesn't have anything to do with it though sincce you have to register the book with futurepress and they send you the code.

Spoke with FuturePress and they said sony sent a bunch of different codes some accidentally had the "hatch theme" some didn't some only had retro map pack some only had 3 unlock points.

Email I got from them..
"IMPORTANT: For those who have registered their guide and found that the Voucher Code for the '3 Unlock Points' isn't working, we are in contact with Sony to solve this issue. Please be patient for a little longer, we'll get back as soon as we hear back from Sony. We will fix this!

Happy fragging,
The Future Press Team"

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Was kinda pissed I didn't get the hatch theme with mine.. Amazon doesn't have anything to do with it though sincce you have to register the book with futurepress and they send you the code.

Spoke with FuturePress and they said sony sent a bunch of different codes some accidentally had the "hatch theme" some didn't some only had retro map pack some only had 3 unlock points.

Email I got from them..
"IMPORTANT: For those who have registered their guide and found that the Voucher Code for the '3 Unlock Points' isn't working, we are in contact with Sony to solve this issue. Please be patient for a little longer, we'll get back as soon as we hear back from Sony. We will fix this!

Happy fragging,
The Future Press Team"[/QUOTE]

The retailer of said product would have the codes so not sure if this is FuturePress or Amazon.

When I preordered my KZ3 the code they gave me only gave me the retro map pack and no unlock points. I emailed CS and they just gave me another code which provided me with both the map pack and unlock points this time.

[quote name='Donut2922']The retailer of said product would have the codes so not sure if this is FuturePress or Amazon.

When I preordered my KZ3 the code they gave me only gave me the retro map pack and no unlock points. I emailed CS and they just gave me another code which provided me with both the map pack and unlock points this time.[/QUOTE]
You're referring to buying the actual game.. not the strategy guide.. and Amazon the retailer.. not Sony correct?

Update: FuturePress just emailed me my new code.. worked perfectly.. retro map pack..3 points.. and hatch theme These guys are awesome

Wow, so there were actually two KZ2 guides made by two different publishers? I know the regular one was made by BradyGames. Don't think I've ever seen the FuturePress one.:roll:

Wow, so there were actually two KZ2 guides made by two different publishers? I know the regular one was made by BradyGames. Don't think I've ever seen the FuturePress one.
banner.png

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Update: FuturePress just emailed me my new code.. worked perfectly.. retro map pack..3 points.. and hatch theme These guys are awesome[/QUOTE]
Where did you order your FuturePress copy? The codes were working for you initially?

[quote name='primalcarnage']Zavvi.com has it in stock for US $21.XX (12.95#)[/QUOTE]

Has anyone received their copy of the CE from Zavvi.com yet? I know it's only been about a week since I placed my order, but I always get a little antsy if I don't have a tracking number. Any estimate on how long it will take to reach the West Coast?

For those that imported the CE guide, I may have some good news. I noticed the back of the guide shows pricing in pounds, euros, USD, and CAN$. So, I went ahead and registered my guide with Future Press. Received my code, punched it into Media Go and it works. 3 Unlock Points shows up. Didn't finish redeeming to see if anything else comes with my code (since I'm not sure how redeeming the code on my PC would translate on the PS3).

So, feel free to import the CE. And it's definitely worth the price. Easily the nicest looking and thorough guide I own.

~KC

[quote name='Serpentor']Where did you order your FuturePress copy? The codes were working for you initially?[/QUOTE]
I ordered the softcover from Amazon and yes the Retro map pack and 3 points worked right from the start.. some people also got the hatch dynamic theme which I wanted so I wrote them and they sent me a new code with the theme included. Great customer service from FuturPress

I also just got my copies from the UK of The collector guides from FuturePress Killzone 2 and 3. And must say they look tight side by side

Confirmed. The CE from Book Depository (after registration) provided 3 points... and only 3 points. So, for those who were hesitant to order, based on the code being UK only can relax.

Thank OP and everyone else contributing. placed my order for one at zavvi. First time buying something out of the country and i really wanted this.

[quote name='Marauder7']Does the 3 points from the soft cover stack with the 3 points you get from preordering the game from Amazon?[/QUOTE]
Yes because they're separate codes. Each one unlocks 3 points I've gotten I dunno how many now.. with the Killzone home game.. the softcover..hardcover..slurpee points rewards .. I have everything unlocked and I'm star ranked

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Yes because they're separate codes. Each one unlocks 3 points I've gotten I dunno how many now.. with the Killzone home game.. the softcover..hardcover..slurpee points rewards .. I have everything unlocked and I'm star ranked[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info just redeemed my slurpee rewards and waiting for Amazon to ship me the guide.

[quote name='Marauder7']Thanks for the info just redeemed my slurpee rewards and waiting for Amazon to ship me the guide.[/QUOTE]
not a problem.. the Dynamic theme is pretty cool too if you like that stuff.

I didn't know 7 eleven was doing the slurpee thingfor this like GOW3 until yesterday. Waiting for my CE guide to come in and I'll be set. That'll make it three FuturePress CE guides total. Single player until then.

I'm a bit confused about the 7-11 talk. Are they offering the Killzone 3 guide as a reward? or just the unlock points?

Edit: i've checked the slurpee reward page, and I don't see the guide being offered. So I guess it's just the unlock points.

Got my Killzone 3 CE guide from zavvi yesterday. I think it was exactly 2 weeks since I placed my order. I'll double check some other time, along with packaging and condition

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Got my Killzone 3 CE guide from zavvi yesterday. I think it was exactly 2 weeks since I placed my order. I'll double check some other time, along with packaging and condition[/QUOTE]

I got my CE guide yesterday as well to go along with my softcover guide. Now all i need is Killzone 3,

bread's done
Back