Killzone 3 (PS3) & Bulletstorm (360/PS3) with $20 credit at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]21017[/IMG-R]Pre-order Killzone 3 and/or Bulletstorm and receive $20 in Amazon credit. Killzone 3 also includes an Amazon-exclusive code to get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Release day delivery is available on both titles.

More Amazon pre-order credit deals here.

:ps3: Killzone 3 w/$20 credit at Amazon
:360::ps3: Bulletstorm w/$20 credit at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
You have not received your credit yet?

you can always check the by putting a game on your cart and taking it to the order page.
You will be able to see if you have 40 on credit when 40 dollars are off from said game.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Ok, ok...I should have been more concise with my blasting of the game...Yes it is fun, but the game gets so repetitive. Theres only so many times you can pull off these trick shots and go "yay that was awesome!"

This game is that game for the wii Madworld, meets a FPS.

So if you liked madworld, go for this game, if you thought that game got really tiring and old really quick, stay away. STAY AWAY![/QUOTE]

Really? I never got bored of that one level in the demo. There's a point where I played it for 4 hours straight trying to get the high score. To me it doesn't get repetitive, I can play the demo right now and it'd be fun as hell.

Hey, that's just me. I'm also not a CoD fan boy.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Really? I never got bored of that one level in the demo. There's a point where I played it for 4 hours straight trying to get the high score. To me it doesn't get repetitive, I can play the demo right now and it'd be fun as hell.

Hey, that's just me. I'm also not a CoD fan boy.[/QUOTE]

If anything I'd say the environments don't change enough to keep your attention. They spend alot of time running through a ruined city, ala Enslaved, and they keep falling and crashing and ending up in similar looking areas. It's a fun game ... definitely a rental ... maybe even a buy .. probably just doesn't have the longevity to be a title that goes in the library ... since there really isn't any multiplayer outside of competing for scores.

Was going to get KZ3, but it doesn't show anything about the $20 credit. Does KZ3 come with a voucher code for these Killzone 2 retro maps or is it a legit pre-order? If its just a voucher code I'll probably buy it from Target, since they are at least polite and respectful unlike my local GS. Don't know what's up with all the Bulletstorm hate, definitely a much better game unlike Cock of Booty.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Ok, ok...I should have been more concise with my blasting of the game...Yes it is fun, but the game gets so repetitive. Theres only so many times you can pull off these trick shots and go "yay that was awesome!"

This game is that game for the wii Madworld, meets a FPS.

So if you liked madworld, go for this game, if you thought that game got really tiring and old really quick, stay away. STAY AWAY![/QUOTE]

Well it's all in one's opinion. I mean I played Modern Warfare (only because it came free with my gfx card), and the whole walk out of wall, shoot until screen is red and then duck and for health to regenerate got old way too fast. Not saying that bulletstorm is an awesome game, I have only played the demo, but bulletstorm is a step in the right direction (as of a shooter with something unique). I find it really hard today to buy shooters unless they are $20 because they all seem the same.

So looks like deals are dead now? I realize it'll be the 22nd in 3 hours now but was thinking about changing my mind and ordering Killzone at the 11th hour.

[quote name='nnickers']So looks like deals are dead now? I realize it'll be the 22nd in 3 hours now but was thinking about changing my mind and ordering Killzone at the 11th hour.[/QUOTE]

6:18 pacific time- $20 promo still shows up for kz3 along with offer for the code for kz2 maps.

[quote name='nnickers']So looks like deals are dead now? I realize it'll be the 22nd in 3 hours now but was thinking about changing my mind and ordering Killzone at the 11th hour.[/QUOTE]

I still see the offers for both Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm. Maybe they mistakenly took them down for a bit?

[quote name='breakin2']I was also only given $10 credit for Bulletstorm. I'm on chat with Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]

PS3 or 360? I got the $20 for 360 and preordered when it was $10.

[quote name='bboy']I still see the offers for both Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm. Maybe they mistakenly took them down for a bit?[/QUOTE]

Noticed the main page listed a seller beside amazon for some reason. When I went to checkout choosing them the credit bubble showed up at confirmation, just hoping the map pack is still included.

[quote name='TraBuch']A bit off topic, but anyone think Dragon Age 2 will have any sort of promotional credit?[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age on Amazon is already a pain in the ass because they're treating the Signature Edition as a separate item, in addition to the standard edition you can order now. I kind of doubt they will add a credit because of the backlash from angry people who already pre-ordered before the Signature Edition cut off date and won't be able to get the new promotion.

I already had to spend an hour arguing with a CSR a month or two ago when the price dropped $10 on the PC version, so it's somewhat unlikely they will add a promo credit before release.

[quote name='bboy']PS3 or 360? I got the $20 for 360 and preordered when it was $10.[/QUOTE]

360. I got them to honor the $20, but it was a bigger pain in the ass than it should have been. The guy on chat told me he wasn't going to do it at first because the preorder guarantee only applies to the price of the game, not special offers attached to it. I called him on his bullshit by pointing out the fact that I've been preordering games at Amazon for 7 years now and the promotional credit is, in fact, part of the guarantee.

If that didn't work, I was going to tell him that I'd simply refuse the package tomorrow and reorder the game tonight.

I was one of the people who ordered Killzone 3 before the $20 credit promo was added and glad to report that I still qualified for it :D hope they fix it for you guys running into trouble :pray:

Item Subtotal: $57.99
Shipping and handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: $0.00
Total: $57.99

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']is killzone 3 sold out on amazon?[/QUOTE]

Killzone 3 is not sold out on Amazon, there is just a Marketplace seller that is selling it cheaper. You can still select Amazon from the list of new sellers.

[quote name='ILLregular']I was one of the people who ordered Killzone 3 before the $20 credit promo was added and glad to report that I still qualified for it :D hope they fix it for you guys running into trouble :pray:

Item Subtotal: $57.99
Shipping and handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: $0.00
Total: $57.99

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.[/QUOTE]

That is how the receipt i received looked, except i paid for the release day shipping of .99 cents.

[quote name='etcrane']Dragon Age on Amazon is already a pain in the ass because they're treating the Signature Edition as a separate item, in addition to the standard edition you can order now. I kind of doubt they will add a credit because of the backlash from angry people who already pre-ordered before the Signature Edition cut off date and won't be able to get the new promotion.

I already had to spend an hour arguing with a CSR a month or two ago when the price dropped $10 on the PC version, so it's somewhat unlikely they will add a promo credit before release.[/QUOTE]

If by "new promotion" you're talking about the exclusive pre-order bonuses it says right there in the print for the newer offer "Existing pre-orders of Bioware Signature Edition will automatically qualify for this offer." At least it does for the 360 version.

Can't decide. Do I really need Killzone 3? I have credit to burn, but I can't narrow it down on whether to get Dead Space 2, LBP 2, or KZ 3. Or I could get all three when they drop?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']If by "new promotion" you're talking about the exclusive pre-order bonuses it says right there in the print for the newer offer "Existing pre-orders of Bioware Signature Edition will automatically qualify for this offer." At least it does for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

That's a bonus provided by EA to Amazon and their customers and will most likely ship with all orders. In regards to getting a price drop or gc with a signature edition order, if they do add it between now and launch to the standard edition, most of us will be SOL.

Just decided to place my order before the $20 bonus is gone. Only went with Killzone 3 after playing more of the demos. Bulletstorm was great the first time through, but the gameplay starting wearing thin bit by bit the more I played through the 2nd time around. I don't feel like playing a 3rd, so I'm deciding to wait until a future price drop on this one. Not to mention the apparent review embargo makes me more nervous about spending full price (even with the $20 bonus).

Killzone 3 on the other hand I love. I've played through the demo 4 times now...and still want to keep playing. Also, the MP seems to be my cup of tea, especially after the bitter taste BO MP has left in my mouth.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I wonder why there are no Bulletstorm reviews up yet. I checked metacritic and nothing. Kinda strange.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they have a review embargo or something.

[quote name='sadboy']Maybe they have a review embargo or something.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've heard...

I saw two reviews just doing a random google search..

one was 4/5 and another was 9.2/10. Both were not very highly recognized reviewers, but reviews nonetheless.

I'll stick with my gut feeling and hold off

Arthur Gies from IGN (also the Rebel FM podcast) seems pretty high on Bulletstorm. I don't have much time left to preorder...

"@aegies thinking people are going to be surprised by bulletstorm. you can find my review for @ign tomorrow morning at 9am PST."

Bulletstorm isnt bad for those of you debating on it. 39.95 isn't a horrible price to pay for it but I think it will probably drop to 30 in the near future. I'd give it probably a 7 out of 10, it gets bonus points for being unique but it felt like a cheap knock off of gears of war.

decided on KZ3, ordered right before midnight, the move features and the multi-player demo sold me, also the extra $20 credit entices nicely. now the $20 credit offer ended and im pretty sure bullletstorm will hit 20-30 soon...

[quote name='chingychink']decided on KZ3, ordered right before midnight, the move features and the multi-player demo sold me, also the extra $20 credit entices nicely. now the $20 credit offer ended and im pretty sure bullletstorm will hit 20-30 soon...[/QUOTE]

$20 promo credit is still there, listed under special offers.

Special Offers and Product Promotions

Edition: Standard
  • Order Killzone 3 Standard Edition and receive a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

wow that is quite unexpected
I was going to get kz3.
=/

..But i have too many classes that i cant find time to barely play games.

Thinking about it, i will probably just wait for BF3

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered next day shipping on Bulletstorm, and got an email saying it may not arrive on time due to "extreme weather conditions."

Anyone else get this email? What do I do?

I only got a $10 credit. Could be because I pre-ordered back in January 25; however I remember the item description specifically stating the $20 promotion would be extended to any existing pre-orders. I guess I should contact them and complain?

[quote name='Eleo']I only got a $10 credit. Could be because I pre-ordered back in January 25; however I remember the item description specifically stating the $20 promotion would be extended to any existing pre-orders. I guess I should contact them and complain?[/QUOTE]

I preorder a long time ago as well and got the 20 credit for K3. So yea might wanna contact them.

I got an email saying I had a $10 dollar credit for Bulletstorm but I just used it on a 1600 point MS point card and Amazon automatically gave me the full $20 (actually 19.99) credit. Just put something in your shopping cart and start the check out process to check your credit amount.

Someone mentioned previously in this thread that an Amazon rep had told them that you had to have pre-ordered the game the moment the promotional credit was given. A lot of people were saying they were told by Amazon to cancel their previous orders and re-order. Kinda stupid, but perhaps, you guys can contact support?

[quote name='Gunny K']I got an email saying I had a $10 dollar credit for Bulletstorm but I just used it on a 1600 point MS point card and Amazon automatically gave me the full $20 (actually 19.99) credit. Just put something in your shopping cart and start the check out process to check your credit amount.[/QUOTE]
You're right. When I'm selecting a payment method at checkout it shows "Use your $20.00 gift card or promotional balance"

I guess the email was just incorrect.

Wow, the $20 promotional credit for KZ3 expires 2/26/2011

I now have to figure out which game to pre-order ASAP

I got the email saying that it was a $10 credit (I bought bulletstorm, preordered it before the $20 promotion started and didn't contact amazon about it) but when I preordered another game it was 20 dollars in credit instead of 10.

[quote name='uthoria']Wow, the $20 promotional credit for KZ3 expires 2/26/2011

I now have to figure out which game to pre-order ASAP[/QUOTE]
Sure it's not 2012? That's what my email says.

Are you sure about that? My credit says it expires on 02/26/2012

It's 2012 don't worry :)

[quote name='Eleo']Sure it's not 2012? That's what my email says.[/QUOTE]

It sure does, thanks for the correction :bouncy:

[quote name='uthoria']It sure does, thanks for the correction :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Are you all sure about that? The account balance page specifically says that Amazon credit never expires, if I remember correctly. Unless that's only in certain states.

bread's done
Back