King of Fighters XII (PS3) - $20.18 - FSSS From Amazon

Not a bad deal, but personally waiting for XIII since 12 was like a broken beta test lol. I might get it when it goes down to 10 dollars (probably when 13 comes out) since that's all I think the game is worth. This is coming from a huge KOF fanboy too...

Yea, I want this at $10 but not at 20. I bought it upon release and the online was so terrible. However; I thought the fighting mechanics and the zoom feature (which is removed from KOFXIII) were cool. 10 dollars (or 200 goozex pts), for collector purposes is what I am looking for.

Nonetheless; thank you OP, this is a good deal but just not good enough for me.

After buying and playing Samurai Shodown Sen for $16, I'm not too thrilled to buy another current SNK fighting game. I wish they would sell their series to Capcom or Arc System Works.

I like the art in this...unlike Street Fighter 4 which IMO is ASTONISHINGLY ugly. I might buy a copy at this price if I had standardized on PS3. (Not sure there's a point on Xbox since IMO it can't really handle fighting games.)

I'd love a built up single player mode though...wish someone would do that. Nintendo actually came close with the Wii Smash Bros...there's a story, CGI, unique scenarios, etc...the problem being I hate Smash Bros. gameplay.

Oh well, versus fighting games make my thumb joints hurt anyway, and I've always been concerned that might mean I'd get arthritis when I get older :whistle2:/

Do NOT get KOF XII. It was a broken mass of crap. Save your money and wait for a US version of KOF XIII to come out, which is much better and has much more tweaked gameplay.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I like the art in this...unlike Street Fighter 4 which IMO is ASTONISHINGLY ugly. I might buy a copy at this price if I had standardized on PS3. (Not sure there's a point on Xbox since IMO it can't really handle fighting games.)

I'd love a built up single player mode though...wish someone would do that. Nintendo actually came close with the Wii Smash Bros...there's a story, CGI, unique scenarios, etc...the problem being I hate Smash Bros. gameplay.

Oh well, versus fighting games make my thumb joints hurt anyway, and I've always been concerned that might mean I'd get arthritis when I get older :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

No fighting games really have any sort of comprehensive story mode except for BlazBlue. I think DOA and Tekken tried.

I agree with the sentiment that people should wait for KoFXIII. It is looking like it will be what KoFXII was supposed to be.

bread's done
Back