Klonoa (Wii) $10, Spyborgs (Wii) $5 @ Best Buy (YMMV?)

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!
I was at the Best Buy in the Pallisades mall in West Nyack, NY earlier today when I noticed Klonoa for $10 and Spyborgs for $5. I noticed Klonoa at this price at another Best Buy so it might be that price everywhere else but I haven't seen Spyborgs anywhere else so that's possible YMMV.

Klonoa is definitely worth picking up at that price. I bought it for $14 or so a few weeks ago and don't regret it.

My best buy hasn't had it for a while, none in the area have either. I'm not sure if they nave spyborgs, but I will check it out next time I go.

Thanks for posting, always open to getting a game for $5 :bouncy:

I have a copy of Spyborgs that I'd be willing to sell for $5 plus shipping to anyone in this thread who doesn't have a BB stocked with it within driving distance. Figure taxes and gas for going to the store to get it and it's almost a wash.

Klona (the original and sequel at least) is a very solid platformer...I'll buy the remake for $10 if I see it.

Spyborgs continues to be utter crap. Suitable for people who haven't played a game since the Atari 2600. If you played fighting games on the NES, it WILL look and play like crap to you.

Klona is a YMMV is the sense that very few of the Best Buys that I've visited seem to still have it in stock. It wasn't in the Wii section, you'll want to look for a bin or shelf up by the registers. The one I did see it at a month ago did have it for $10 though.

But yeah, the series has always been really solid for 2D platforming.

it may not be YMMV, i checked a local best buy in a northwest suburb of chicago, and both were listed as noted in this thread. i picked up klonoa, hope its good!

I've been wanting Spyborgs for a while...dammit I don't really want to drive all the way out to Best Buy today. Ah well, you win some you lose some. I imagine they'll be gone by the end of the day if they aren't already.

At my local best buy they had both Klonoa and Spyborgs at $10 and $5. It was not in a clearance bin but in the regular Wii section. Thanks!

Inexplicably just bought Klonoa and Dragon Quest 9, despite probably hating the latter and finishing the former more than a decade ago.

Oh well, I've spent money on dumber things :lol:

Just a heads up to anyone interested, I was able to pick up Excitebots(without wheel) for $8 at the Best Buy in Amarillo TX, more than likely YMMV also, but keep an eye out when looking for these other deals if the game interests you

Excitebots was $10 without the wheel when I was at BB the other day and there was a clearance bin stating 25% off the already marked down price, so that makes sense.

Klonoa...

Well... I really want to share a few words about that game (Wii version). I have a lot of good things to say about the game, but I just don't know how to start...

The game has some sort of mystique... great gameplay, amazing graphics (thanks to an incredible art style and good use of Wii's hardware)... It's definitely one of the best games I have ever played this entire gen...

It will be a game I will always remember... I don't know why, but this game "has something"...

Highly recommended.

Yeeeeeeah but it's hard for those of us who had already played through not only the original, but the sequel almost a decade ago to get excited about a remake, that's not even a current gen remake...

But hey, I finally bit for $10. It is a charming little game, although IMO not a first tier platformer. I'd really love something like Tomba! 2 getting remade...or getting another sequel :) Sooooo many great platformers out there that didn't get much attention, and Tomba! 2 might be one of the best ever made.

Thanks OP, got mine today. Oddly, it came with a coupon for a free taco from a place called Wahoo's. Never heard of them, but the coupon expired in September of 2009, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I own the original Klonoa and the sequel, both of which are excellent. I also have the 2 US-released GBA games, which are sprite-based and a bit heavier on the puzzles than the platforming, but I don't feel that they have quite the same charm. I'm excited about playing the updated version of the original.

[quote name='FeralWraith']Bleh. Checked the local BB, still marked at $20.[/QUOTE]

Did you try to ring it up? Don't know if that would have helped or not.

Regarding the GBA games, I liked the first one a lot, and disliked the second. Probably liked the first GBA one and Klonoa 2 better than the first game, with the second GBA one (which was really different) a distant fourth.

Both good finds...Spyborgs can sometimes be a bit dull, but the game is well polished and graphics quite good a C+ in my book. While Klonoa has the old mascot charm and quite polished and deserving of a solid B in my review books.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Did you try to ring it up? Don't know if that would have helped or not.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I'll have to give that a shot. It just makes me cringe having to play 20 questions with the floor rep.

I checked the listed prices on some other items I've been looking into, and they are all about a month behind the times, price-wise. I assumed that this would be the same case.

[quote name='Nipponicchizer0']These are actually official price drops. They are trying to move some old product. I was lucky enough to pick up Magna Carta II for 20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I also saw MG2 but can't remember if it was also $20 since I had no interest in it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Did you try to ring it up? Don't know if that would have helped or not.

Regarding the GBA games, I liked the first one a lot, and disliked the second. Probably liked the first GBA one and Klonoa 2 better than the first game, with the second GBA one (which was really different) a distant fourth.[/QUOTE]

I definitely liked the first GBA game more than the second... especially those damn river levels. :( What a chore. I picked up the first GBA game when the reprint came out. I didn't like it quite as much as the console games because of the heavier focus on puzzles, but it was still quite good, and I played it to 100% completion.

My favorite in the series has been Klonoa 2. It's truly one of the overlooked gems in the PS2 library, and certainly one of the best games from the early days of the console. Also a game that's worth playing to 100% for the EX levels and such.

Knoxville, TN:
Ceder Bluff: No luck.
Turkey Creek: Had both Klonoa for $10 and Spyborgs for $5. I picked up one of each, and there was about three of each left. They were not in the clearance bin; they were on the racks like regular priced games. Their "slot" was not in front, so you'll have to look behind other games for their labeled divider.

I just can't recommend Klonoa enough! I've played about two hours and it's EXCELLENT. It feels like a "Kirby" game (very easy and simple, but they got the "fun" part right). Great options like new English voiceovers or the original PS1 babble voices and some 480p filters to sharpen the image up. Beautiful game and cute, quirky story. It's totally a pull-out-and-replay game.

bread's done
Back