Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']
It wasn't directed at you (or really anyone besides who I quoted), but it is simply my pointing out that pretty soon (for Feb/Mar at least, possible longer), the rewards card (that he refuses to sign up for because it supposedly opts him in to receiving credit card offers and other crap) is going to be required. Basically, he's bitching now when the card isn't needed, but in about two weeks when he needs the card to get a deal, he'll be bitching about how he doesn't have a card.[/QUOTE]

I also think you quoted the wrong person 'cause it seems directed at me. The card better not be required or they're going to lose business, simple as that. Right on the form it says you must remain opted-in to receive offers. I don't shop there enough to put up with that. If it becomes required I go back to a more friendly store. Kmart isn't the only place with sales.

I just don't sign up for every little thing. Hell I have a ton of printer carts to recycle and both Staples and Office Depot want me to sign up for their programs. I don't want your $2 a cart if I have to sign up. Take them or I dump them. I don't shop there enough to use any credit. Kmart only gives you a tenth of what you spend. My $130 purchase today would have earned a measly $1.30. Not exactly a life-changing amount...

Nice SYWR deals. Probably in for Bulletstorm and Killzone. The good thing about SYWR when it's working right means you can pick up one and hope your points are instantly updated and get the next for $20 off.

So before it's a problem, what happens when I buy Bulletstorm $60, wait 5 minutes, buy Killzone for $40, wait 5 minutes, buy another Bulletstorm for $40, and then return a Bulletstorm with receipt 1? Hopefully Kmart is already ahead of people on that kind of thing?

Got Mass Effect 2 & Dead Space 2 from the Hollywood KMart store. Unfortunately they didn't have any PSN cards in stock, but my wife said the service was great.

We've usually gone to the Temple City or Commerce stores and they've been largely hit and miss, so this was a nice surprise.

[quote name='nabuch']I'm new here and this may be a dumb question, but Two Worlds II for 39.99 says CAG special only, what doest that mean. If I go to Kmart will it ring up $59.99. How do I get it for $39.99?[/QUOTE]

Should go like this... (in theory)

1) Go to Kmart between Jan 30th and Feb 5th.
2) Find someone in electronics and tell them you want to buy the game.
3) Game rings up 39.99 and you pay.

However if they didnt reboot the register between Sat night and Sun morning you might have an issue.

[quote name='LottaGames']I also think you quoted the wrong person 'cause it seems directed at me. [/QUOTE]
Wait for it...

That part of my post was directed at you. Amazing isn't it? Something that sounds like it was directed at you was directed at you.

You were bitching about not wanting the card, when it's been known for 2 weeks that starting in February every deal was moving to rewards points on the cards for at least 2 months (and likely thereafter, so that the coupons could be tracked better).

[quote name='confoosious']Well, that's your own hangup.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Although I still don't have a clue what the fuck he is talking about where you agree to receive credit card offers when you sign up for a SYWR card.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nice SYWR deals. Probably in for Bulletstorm and Killzone. The good thing about SYWR when it's working right means you can pick up one and hope your points are instantly updated and get the next for $20 off.

So before it's a problem, what happens when I buy Bulletstorm $60, wait 5 minutes, buy Killzone for $40, wait 5 minutes, buy another Bulletstorm for $40, and then return a Bulletstorm with receipt 1? Hopefully Kmart is already ahead of people on that kind of thing?[/QUOTE]

I think that's the beauty of requiring the card: they would refund you what you paid for Bulletstorm minus the $20 (or $25) for the points. I'm not even sure how they'd do that legally but that's what the dude told me when I bought Black Ops. ("If you return it, you get $25 less back.")

[quote name='confoosious']I think that's the beauty of requiring the card: they would refund you what you paid for Bulletstorm minus the $20 (or $25) for the points. I'm not even sure how they'd do that legally but that's what the dude told me when I bought Black Ops. ("If you return it, you get $25 less back.")[/QUOTE]
If that is how it works (I'm not entirely sure) you can bet that I am even more in favor of requiring the card.

Reward zone points!!!! May as well be the return of the gaming coupon. Hell yes!

wait up, coupon train! I need to hop on board again!

Showed up at kmart 4377 (bloomington IN) at about 830am. I was probably the first customer of the day.
grabbed 2 1600 point cards (one for me and one to leave in the back on the peg designated for that, I am a good citizen)
Dead space 2 WAS ON DISPLAY!!!
Bought LBP2 and DS2(ps3) and got the 1600 points.
no problem, everything was awesome.

Josh, Big thanks to you. This store seems to be on the ball. I've noticed a huge improvement at that location over the last 8 months.

I am just disappointed that the electronics lead wasn't working while I was there. I wanted him to see that I still buy stuff even when I don't have a coupon.
but the grandma that got my game out made my day. hearing an elderly woman say "dead space" as if she was familiar with it...

This location had 1 greatest hits edition of DS1 (ps3) in the glass case.

and the new deals look great. Hopefully the bullet storm demo Wows me the way Vanquish did.

Went to my local kmart they had ME2 in stock but no DS2 or psn card for ps3 so i left sad. Gonna try one by my work place tomorrow hopefully ill have better luck

First post on here. I registered just say thanks to Josh and add some more positive feedback in this thread. Picked up DS 2 + 1600 MS points card with no problems. The employee wasn't familiar with the deal, but I had been in before due to the deals listed by Josh and she was more than happy to price check for "BOGO" before ringing it up to ensure I was getting the proper deal. I've been buying games from Kmart almost exclusively now for the past five or six months thanks to the deals listed here. Even got my mom to shop there when she was looking for an X-Mas gift for my brother.

I think the location of the store makes a good deal of difference in customer service. I'm here in little Oakdale, (central valley) California and my experiences have been fantastic.

Thanks Josh :) I'm a Master's student with my comprehensive exams coming up in April, but I have soooo many games I need to finish due to these deals that I have no idea how much studying I'll get done lol

I ended up going in today to pick up Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 with a 1600-point XBL card, but was sad to see that the space for the cards on the shelf was bare. I asked an employee if they happened to have any more in stock somewhere (hoping he'd at least get out a scanner to check inventory numbers), but was told that they were sold out. So I buy the games anyways, knowing that Josh would take care of me when I get home (seriously Josh, the amount of work you go through daily to keep us happy is incredible), but on my way of of the store, what do I spy on the gift card rack? 1600-point XBL cards! After a quick return/rebuy, I left satisfied, if not ever-so-slightly inconvenienced. Ah well, got what I wanted in the end.

Edit: Has it been decided yet if Kmart will be stocking the Collector's Edition of Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

[quote name='Altanis']Wait for it...

That part of my post was directed at you. Amazing isn't it? Something that sounds like it was directed at you was directed at you.

You were bitching about not wanting the card, when it's been known for 2 weeks that starting in February every deal was moving to rewards points on the cards for at least 2 months (and likely thereafter, so that the coupons could be tracked better).

Agreed. Although I still don't have a clue what the fuck he is talking about where you agree to receive credit card offers when you sign up for a SYWR card.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you caught on, but hopefully you realized the post with your whining quoted the wrong person which is what we're talking about.

I didn't read that, and I'm not pleased. So much for shopping at Kmart then.

It was on the paper they hand you at the store. I didn't see it on the site (yet) but it still says you need to opt-in for spam. So what's the point in signing up for a card if they won't reward me and you need to spend $100 to earn a single lousy dollar? Maybe if they were smarter about the coupons... Then again depending how the coupons work maybe I can filter their junk to the spam folder and get the deals without the spam and points. Is there a post on how that will work? I only read the first post and the last couple pages.

a not so smooth as i wanted experience at my local kmart in south la today but service was great
i had to wait a bit because the new merch (ds2) hadn't been put out yet but they were very honest and courteous in helping me and went to the back to get all the new releases out
unfortunately no 1600 pts cards so josh you'll be getting an email from me but im telling you my store hasnt let me down yet

Sweet deals for February. Looks like I'll be picking up Killzone 3 along with Bulletstorm on release date now instead of waiting for a price drop on KZ3.

Bad luck for me in MN. I hit the 3 stores near work to find someone had wiped them out. One store had 1 LBP2 and no Dead Space, the other two had 1 Dead Space and no LBP2. Hoping for a mid week restock....

[quote name='Dtrain12']Scratch that I just got out of the Kmart nearest my home in NJ. I was able to find all I needed and get the deal! Thanks. There is one employee who always helps me (Bc hes the only one there usually. lol) But hes great and super patient and tries his best to get the deals to work for me. Store #3523 and his is #19. Good guy great help!

GREAT KMART XP HERE[/QUOTE]
bump for great service

First posting as well, though a regular reader. I go to my local Kmart for the DS2 and $20 PSN Card promotion. No one in sight for almost 15 minutes at the Electronics dept. Finally, I see someone from another dept. and ask for assistance. They manage to get the person in charge of the electronics dept. to come out from his hiding spot or something. This is how it went:

Me: Hi, do you have Dead Space 2 for the PS3?

Him: Who?

Me: Dead Space 2, the video game for the PS3?

Him: Deaf Space?

Me: No, "Dead" Space.

Him: Oh, no I don't think so.

Me: Is it possible you can check for me?

Him: Alright, hold on. He leaves and comes back after a couple minutes
What was the name again?

Me: (for the billionth time) "Dead" Space 2

Him: Oh, ok. leaves again
Can't find it.

Me: Thanks. (I think to myself, "some people are physically unemployed and others mentally")

So, I call three other stores in and around my area. Took 3-4 phone call attempts to finally get through to the electronics dept. only to get the same "who? What? response at each store! I gave up!

Went to the local Kmart which until today have had zero issues with and the staff have always been polite and helpful. Given, it was not their fault but they did not receive their shipment of DS2 so ended up having to drive a bit out of the way to the other one. Was able to get ME2 and DS2 for 50% off with the free 20$ PSN card with no problems. I love the cashiers reactions when I do such transactions as they had no idea and wonder why everything is being discounted and free.

Kmart has been my #1 source of buying new games for the past year or so now simply because of these deals, not only do they work perfectly but in the long run are helping me save some money on my ever expensive hobby. I tell everyone I know that looks into buying new games the current deals and to make sure they purchase from Kmart as well. Trust me, Gamestop is hating me for cancelling reserve after reserve (and being a former manager of one, I know it sucks) but they honestly cannot compete.

Keep up the good work and thanks for all the help Josh!

[quote name='aleraiders']any reason why MvC 3 gets 25k SYWR points and others get less?? (im looking at KZ3)[/QUOTE]
It's all about what the publishers allow and what Josh can do. MvC 3 is probably expected to sell REALLY well to where a $25 deal on it was made possible.

[quote name='confoosious']I hear the audio on the Deaf Space game is terrible.[/QUOTE]
Ironically, the audio in Def Space was lauded for its fantastic mix of artists in the soundtrack.

Great deal on MvC 3. Was going to hold off on it 'til later in the year, but this will get me in on day one.

Was going to hold off on DS 2 since I used up the last of my coupons on the Sly & GTA deals but don't think I can wait.

Anyone that's bought the PS3 version know if Extraction is on the disc or is it a download code. I've found info that it installs to the system but can't find any info to clarify if it's downloaded from the PSN store

Everyone not finding the live/psn point cards in the video game isle should double check the gift card rack (usually near the registers). I went this morning and the guy told me that they'd been out of point cards for some time and to try another store across town (good thing I didn't listen to him!). After reading a few posts in this thread mentioning the gift card rack I went back just now and sure enough they had tons of cards sitting there. Would be nice if the workers were more informed, but good deal nonetheless.

[quote name='Altanis']It's all about what the publishers allow and what Josh can do. MvC 3 is probably expected to sell REALLY well to where a $25 deal on it was made possible.[/QUOTE]

dam....and here i am thinkin KZ is a big player in the industry

let it be known.....dead space will now be known as def space

employee went to the back to make sure it was a valid deal. other than that i got DS2 and $20 PSN card w/o issues.

Just curious but is k-mart going to stock Yakuza 4 for PS3, would be great if i could pick it up there after the 25k reward points from mvc3.

Went to the Seattle Kmart, and picked up Mass Effect 2 (last copy too, phew!) and Dead Space 2. Got the 50% off of DS2 and the PSN card, so everything went well!

so if I buy game and store doesn't have 1600 point card or say its an online only deal, I will still get the card right if I contact Josh? Just want to make sure.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']so if I buy game and store doesn't have 1600 point card or say its an online only deal, I will still get the card right if I contact Josh? Just want to make sure.[/QUOTE]
You get a gift card that's $20. Josh can't send out points cards.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']so if I buy game and store doesn't have 1600 point card or say its an online only deal, I will still get the card right if I contact Josh? Just want to make sure.[/QUOTE]
He'll probably send you a gift card equivalent to whatever amount of promotional savings you didn't receive (so in this case, $20.) However, you'll want to email him for confirmation. No matter what though, he's expressed countless times that he'll make it right if anything goes wrong. So I wouldn't sweat it.

[quote name='rbarba4']Anyone that's bought the PS3 version know if Extraction is on the disc or is it a download code. I've found info that it installs to the system but can't find any info to clarify if it's downloaded from the PSN store[/QUOTE]
I read on the Gamespot forums that it is on the disc AND it shows up as a separate disc in the XMB menu.

Just picked up ME2 and DS2 for $40 after using my last coupon. As expected, they were out of $20 PSN cards, so I'm gonna send Josh an e-mail. I'd rather get the PSN card since there's a sale going on but if it's a gift card, that's fine, I'll just save it for Killzone 3.

I went to my local store earlier and got Dead Space 2 :360:, Mass Effect 2 :ps3: and a Microsoft Points card with no problem, $89.98 plus tax. There was one card at the gift card kiosk, and a few more in the electronics department. Whoever rung me up seemed to have no idea there was a promotion going on, but the prices showed up correct right away.

[quote name='Altanis']You get a gift card that's $20. Josh can't send out points cards.[/QUOTE]
Correctamundo. I'm going to hop back on email after the State of the Union.

[quote name='spiderman8576']Just curious but is k-mart going to stock Yakuza 4 for PS3, would be great if i could pick it up there after the 25k reward points from mvc3.[/QUOTE]
We will be carrying Yakuza 4 actually.

[quote name='aleraiders']any reason why MvC 3 gets 25k SYWR points and others get less?? (im looking at KZ3)[/QUOTE]
A couple of reasons. Definitely bigger than KZ3 from an estimate perspective but maybe more so is that this is a game we would normally not do well with. In order to steal some share, a dominant offer was needed.

Hi. I'v been a long time lurker first time poster, I just want to thank Josh for all the great deals we've had for the past months. I've used Kmart for my game shopping about five times now with no problems, except for today. Nothing big just no cards in stock, my store hasn't had them in stock for months, so I'll be sending you an email soon.:applause:

Well I showed up at my local Kmart. I asked for dead space 2. 30 minutes after looking the darn thing, they finally found it. It wasn't stocked on the shelf. Still in the back. I explained to the lady there was a $20 psn card that one received when buying said game according to kmartgamer. I even pulled it up on my phone to show the website.

I wasted 40 minutes basically for them to find the game, it will give a coupon for one card if I purchase it, then i can give that coupon for it, (only for that not to be true) tell me they would take my info, and call me if the deal was valid. They didnt even have any cards in stock (not even at the front).

kmart2.jpg

kmart.jpg

I did return the game, and will try to purchase it else where. I seriously doubt i will hear from the local store.

**Edited my post, I spoke from aggravation, The Kmart guys on here have been great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh - thanks for the great offers on LBP2 and DS2. Picked it up the "combo" today with the $20 PSN card....awesome, awesome, awesome. Just wanted to say thanks again for coming up with a great deal.

While I know you won't, feel free to ignore the post above me from the person who cannot read through the thread and know what to do.

*Sigh* - rollntider - go back and read post #2...that's the first page and you should know what to do. Is it really that hard?

[quote name='rollntider']Well I showed up at my local Kmart. I asked for dead space 2. 30 minutes after finding the darn thing, they finally found it. I explained to the lady there was a $20 psn card that one received when buying said game according to kmartgamer. I even pulled it up on my phone to show the website.

I wasted 40 minutes basically for them to find the game, it will give a coupon for one card if I purchase it, then i can give that coupon for it, (only for that not to be true) tell me they would take my info, and call me if the deal was valid. They didnt even have any cards in stock (not even at the front).

Thanks Kmart gamer for leading me on and making me believe this deal was actually valid.

My fault for cancelling amazon pre order credit.

I won't make that mistake again.

kmart2.jpg

kmart.jpg

I did return the game, and will try to purchase it else where. I seriously doubt i will hear from the local store.[/QUOTE]

From the OP

[quote name='OP']1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.[/quote]

The system should have, in the event the cards were in stock, automatically taken the price off for the points card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back