Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FINALBOSS']
It doesn't matter if you bought JUST ME2 or ME2 and another game...you still paid 60 for ME2.[/QUOTE]

Have you never shopped before?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Please tell me that you understand the concept of how a bundle promotion can apply the savings any way they want to program it. When you agree to buy another game at half off, it only makes sense to split the savings between the two so you actually pay $44.99 for each. Sure the receipt may say $59.99 and $29.99, but the $44.99 kicks in on returns to prevent exploitation.[/QUOTE]
I understand the games are universally linked to the deal and the receipt. We'll see when ME2 drops in price.

[quote name='confoosious']Have you never shopped before?[/QUOTE]
Nope. My mommy and daddy buy me all my games and things.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Nope. My mommy and daddy buy me all my games and things.[/QUOTE]

Why do you even post here or belong to this site? You contribute nothing, nobody can stand you and you constantly encourage people to do things that will result in higher prices for everyone. Maybe you should just go ahead and find another site which is more appropriate for your morality and desire to ruin things for others.

[quote name='ebogart']I am wondering if this will work online or just in store? Thanks[/QUOTE]
I am wondering how many times we will get asked this before people understand that it isn't going to magically change the answer.

I promise, I just answered this yesterday for someone.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Please tell me that you understand the concept of how a bundle promotion can apply the savings any way they want to program it. When you agree to buy another game at half off, it only makes sense to split the savings between the two so you actually pay $44.99 for each. Sure the receipt may say $59.99 and $29.99, but the $44.99 kicks in on returns to prevent exploitation.[/QUOTE]
This.
If you think that returning ME2 for $60 and keeping a game you paid $30 for when it should be $60 isn't scamming a company, you really don't belong here. It might seem right to you, but that doesn't mean it actually is.

[quote name='bojay1997']Why do you even post here or belong to this site? You contribute nothing, nobody can stand you and you constantly encourage people to do things that will result in higher prices for everyone. Maybe you should just go ahead and find another site which is more appropriate for your morality and desire to ruin things for others.[/QUOTE]
He's probably been banned from SlickDeals ;)

[quote name='bojay1997']Why do you even post here or belong to this site? You contribute nothing, nobody can stand you and you constantly encourage people to do things that will result in higher prices for everyone. Maybe you should just go ahead and find another site which is more appropriate for your morality and desire to ruin things for others.[/QUOTE]
What exactly are you talking about? Most of my posts involve answering peoples questions. Not sure what your problem is. The people who whine, bitch, and pollute this thread with complaining about others asking questions is contributing nothing.

I still can't find the original dead space for either system yesterday or today. Any time Kmart has one of these sales mine never has them in stock. Who can I PM to get some helpful information on this?

[quote name='mtxbass1']You could read the OP, which tells you pretty clearly what to do under the Dead Space 2 promo if your store is out of cards...[/QUOTE]

Shoot, I didnt see that. My bad. Thanks.

[quote name='danishmaggot']Just picked up Dead Space 2 for the 360. Of course they didn't have any ms points cards and the guy said they never even had any for weeks. How am I supposed to get my 1600 points now?[/QUOTE]
E-mail Josh...he'll give you the hook-up.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']I still can't find the original dead space for either system yesterday or today. Any time Kmart has one of these sales mine never has them in stock. Who can I PM to get some helpful information on this?[/QUOTE]
You do realize that Dead Space is over 2 years old right? Not every Kmart had stock for the sale, and I would bet that Kmart didn't somehow obtain 50,000 units to send to their stores. It was just a nice bonus deal in addition to the others.

However, if you just have to have a copy, you can find details in the OPs on who to contact for stockrelated issues ;).

[quote name='danishmaggot']Shoot, I didnt see that. My bad. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
This boggles my mind. How exactly did you miss the OP? I mean really...

[quote name='cheapgamerone']I still can't find the original dead space for either system yesterday or today. Any time Kmart has one of these sales mine never has them in stock. Who can I PM to get some helpful information on this?[/QUOTE]
When I was leaving the store Tuesday, I noticed a big cardboard container in the front of the store that had a TON of video games from every system--the proverbial bargain bin. They had so many games in there--my guess the original Dead Space is in one of these bins in your store.

[quote name='Altanis']I am wondering how many times we will get asked this before people understand that it isn't going to magically change the answer.

I promise, I just answered this yesterday for someone.

This.
If you think that returning ME2 for $60 and keeping a game you paid $30 for when it should be $60 isn't scamming a company, you really don't belong here. It might seem right to you, but that doesn't mean it actually is.

He's probably been banned from SlickDeals ;)[/QUOTE]

First...no one was talking to you. Secondly...it's obvious no one was talking to you because everything you literally just said has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

We were talking about K-Marts price-adjustment policy...not returning the trigger-game for the 50% off deal.

[quote name='gepet0']I totally missed the LBP2 deal. I picked up dead space 2 and a psn card.Sweet. I was waffleing between the ps3 and the 360 but the ps3 was a limited edition not sure of the difference. I didn't see any limited edition 360 versions. So I picked up the ps3. The teller was surprised when the game card rang up free. Woo Hooo.[/QUOTE]

The first run of the PS3 version is the "Limited Edition" that includes Dead Space Extraction in HD with Move support on the disk (it's a $15 value also sold digitally on the PSN.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']The first run of the PS3 version is the "Limited Edition" that includes Dead Space Extraction in HD with Move support on the disk (it's a $15 value also sold digitally on the PSN.)[/QUOTE]
It's so good with Move too...unbelievably good. The new House of the Dead.

Your best bet then is to grab a flyer and PM it somewhere else.

The only store around me that still had it in stock was Walmart. Although I suspect Fry's might have had it too - but didn't want the 20 mile drive.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']It's so good with Move too...unbelievably good. The new House of the Dead.[/QUOTE]

Is it a code in the case or included on the disc? My preorder at GS gave me a code on the reciept but its not a PSN code it has too many numbers. I havent had a chance to open it yet but your praise has me itching to try it out.

[quote name='gindias']Is it a code in the case or included on the disc? My preorder at GS gave me a code on the reciept but its not a PSN code it has too many numbers. I havent had a chance to open it yet but your praise has me itching to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Extraction is contained on the disc, and requires an installation.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Well, I've caught up with everyone who emailed me on Tuesday......on to today's emails. Lord have mercy.[/QUOTE]
If you're that backlogged on getting to customer complaint emails, I'll hold off on sending you a huge FAQ I was gonna work on.

We don't need your heart all of a sudden going kaput on us.

1-30 DC Universe Online $44.99 (Reg. $59.99)

Is there any sale on the PC game when the PS3 game is on sale? Now that I think about it... does Kmart even carry PC? duh..

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Extraction is contained on the disc, and requires an installation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Its sitting on the floor in my car so I cant open it until after work.

No, no Kmart anywhere in the world sells PC games. They've just had deals on WOW Cataclysm and SC 2 for shits and giggles.

Yes, Kmart carries PC games. The selection is likely small, and it might be like every Kmart I've seen and be locked in a glass case with blu-ray movies (why lock those up?). Your particular store might not have any PC games.

[quote name='gindias']Is it a code in the case or included on the disc? My preorder at GS gave me a code on the reciept but its not a PSN code it has too many numbers. I havent had a chance to open it yet but your praise has me itching to try it out.[/QUOTE]
On the disc. When you put in the disc there should be a 2nd disc under the main one. Extraction is on there.

[quote name='DevlynSyde']1-30 DC Universe Online $44.99 (Reg. $59.99)

Is there any sale on the PC game when the PS3 game is on sale? Now that I think about it... does Kmart even carry PC? duh..[/QUOTE]
Unlike Altanis' complex, cryptic and dumb answer--it's simply put...some K-marts do, others don't.

Is it safe to say the sywr promo is better than the gaming coupon because the sywr points don't expire? With the gaming coupon, you have around a month to use it before it expires. Or am i missing something because it looks like the gaming coupons are coming back in March.

[quote name='unknownthreat']Is it safe to say the sywr promo is better than the gaming coupon because the sywr points don't expire? With the gaming coupon, you have around a month to use it before it expires. Or am i missing something because it looks like the gaming coupons are coming back in March.[/QUOTE]
1. You got 6 weeks to use a gaming coupon.
2. SYWR points DO expire, but not for months (like 12-18 at least)
3. Coupons are coming back for the 3DS launch just like Josh had said was planned, provided everything works out that they are trying to work with.

But yes, aside from that, I think the points are better than coupons as well. Only big thing is that the points are treated like cash, and thus unlike the coupons they don't take off the tax on the value you use.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Unlike Altanis' complex, cryptic and dumb answer--it's simply put...some K-marts do, others don't.[/QUOTE]

LOL, stop picking on Mrs. Deane.

dead space ignition =/= dead space extraction

[quote name='unknownthreat']Is it safe to say the sywr promo is better than the gaming coupon because the sywr points don't expire? With the gaming coupon, you have around a month to use it before it expires. Or am i missing something because it looks like the gaming coupons are coming back in March.[/QUOTE]
Eh. Preference really.

Points literally cost the consumer more than coupons though thanks to tax.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']
Points literally cost the consumer more than coupons though thanks to tax.[/QUOTE]

wrong again. Whether tax is calculated based on the price of the item pre- or post- use of the SYWR points depends on the state you live in.

In my state, just like a coupon, the tax is calculated after the discount. and therefore doesn't cost me any more?

Agreed, the points can be used on anything in the store (which is also why Josh can't use them all the time), which in my opinion makes them better.

If I'm already in the store looking to buy something, I'm planning on the sales tax anyway.

Thanks SHC Gamer for all the deals and the quick response to my emails yesterday. Now looking forward to the deal on Killzone 3.

Gonna upgrade to a slim ps3 on sunday with the 50 dollar gc, will probably pick up mass effect 2 and deadspace 2 also. Ty for the awesome deals, I'll be saving 100 bucks.

Went to pick up me2,ds2, and a points card on tuesday and tonight. Plenty of me2 and points cards but no sign of ds2. Was told that it hasn't come by one associate and that it was sold out by another (xbox and ps3 versions). Usual gambit of checking in the back but none found. this was the white plains kmart, so don't waste your time there.

I am officially caught up. I'll jump back on tonight to see if I can help out some more.

Why has the thread rating taken a beating :( I thought it has had a pretty good start.

[quote name='Altanis']You do realize that Dead Space is over 2 years old right? Not every

This boggles my mind. How exactly did you miss the OP? I mean really...[/QUOTE]

I didn't miss the OP, I just read it completely wrong and missed the part where it explained it. I'm sorry it caused you such distress.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am officially caught up. I'll jump back on tonight to see if I can help out some more.

Why has the thread rating taken a beating :( I thought it has had a pretty good start.[/QUOTE]

Could be a lot of people are displeased with the coupons taking a break. That looks like something which is brought up a lot.

Could also be that others just don't like the frequenters of this thread, and associate them with the thread itself. There seems to be much more arguing going on regarding how all of the 'stupid people' are asking 'stupid questions' compared to your previous threads. Much, much more.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am officially caught up. I'll jump back on tonight to see if I can help out some more.

Why has the thread rating taken a beating :( I thought it has had a pretty good start.[/QUOTE]

I just rated it a 5.
I can't stand my local Kmarts customer "service", but Josh responds to everyone and more than makes up for it. Plus, you just can't beat these deals.

I got LBP2 and Dead Space 2 today along with the free 1600 points card for ~$95. The deal was amazing, the guy who sold it to me didn't know about it but got a manager to help me, AND two district managers and a guy from what I can only assume was the corporate office were all there and used my phone to show everyone Kmart Gamer. They talked about how it has amazing deals, and that there's a serious lack of communication between the stores and the online service to customers.

[quote name='Altanis']You do realize that Dead Space is over 2 years old right? Not every Kmart had stock for the sale, and I would bet that Kmart didn't somehow obtain 50,000 units to send to their stores. It was just a nice bonus deal in addition to the others.[/QUOTE]

Yes ASStanis/captain obvious, I realize it's an older title, greatest hit, blah, blah, blah, but again if it's advertised the least that can be done is to have it in stock, and to JohnnyMavrick no walmarts or any other stores around me have it available for PM but thanks anyway for the attempt and a more helpful post (unlike previous Ass who apparently has nothing better to do then be a ass on forums, I'll stick to being a cheap ass.)

In addition your other post makes no sense, what does your "reality check" have to do with a store advertising a promotion and having it in stock and me as a customer wanting the deal to be honored and having it stocked? I know it's a limited deal but there wasn't limited quantities in stock at my store THERE WAS NOTHING, ZIP, ZERO, (STINGY WITH DINERO). They didn't appear to get ANY in. I've had numerous problems in my Kmart before and this is no different. Since you are clearly no help with this situation then STFU.

[quote name='confoosious']wrong again. Whether tax is calculated based on the price of the item pre- or post- use of the SYWR points depends on the state you live in.

In my state, just like a coupon, the tax is calculated after the discount. and therefore doesn't cost me any more?[/QUOTE]
Then I'm not really wrong am I? Depends on where you live. My tax hungry state loves stuff like this.

I rarely rate threads, but I just gave you a 5. The deals for next week look pretty good(GOW Collection and GOW3 for $40 is insane!), unfortunately I have most of the stuff I would want off that list, aside from ME2 and that corrupt saves issue is making me hold off for now.

I like how everyone here acts like the ethics police.

Willing to bet every single one of you has cheated the tax man, multiple times over the years, by not paying taxes on your online purchases.

Pretty sure that is much worse than "scamming a company" by bringing up their false advertisements, or returning a game to keep the rewards.

I wouldn't blame people for returning me2, especially when it can corrupt your HD.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Why has the thread rating taken a beating :( I thought it has had a pretty good start.[/QUOTE]
People are petty. Main reason it's not a 5. I've rated every Kmart thread a 5. But if I had to hazard a guess, it would be people are mad at the coupons going away (although they're coming back... idiots) or something similar.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Yes I realize it's an older title, but again if it's advertised the least that can be done is to have it in stock, and to JohnnyMavrick no walmarts or any other stores around me have it available for PM but thanks anyway for the attempt and a more helpful post.[/QUOTE]
It was simply an extra deal so that people could buy it with Dead Space 2 for a decent price. Josh added it in a short amount of time, and likely no store is getting in shipments of it period. I'm not sure how hard it is to understand that.
If you expect every single item in every single chain's circular to be in stock at every single store in that chain, I highly recommend you come back to reality. There's a reason many places put "in limited quantities" or "while supplies last" in the circular. It's so customers don't go apeshit when something can't be found.

Shot Josh an email, picked up Dead Space 2 (and DS1 for $10, awesome!) but they were out of point cards. They actually had signs up promoting the deal and they immediately knew about it which was very pleasant change of pace from my last few experiences trying to get any Kmart deals at this store.

[quote name='TheLounge']I like how everyone here acts like the ethics police.

Willing to bet every single one of you has cheated the tax man, multiple times over the years, by not paying taxes on your online purchases.

Pretty sure that is much worse than "scamming a company" by bringing up their false advertisements, or returning a game to keep the rewards.

I wouldn't blame people for returning me2, especially when it can corrupt your HD.[/QUOTE]
That's what I've been trying to say. So many White Knights here for K-mart. They act like we just murdered their dog or Josh is their brother or something.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why don't you just wait until they patch it?[/QUOTE]

I shouldn't have to. What if they never patch it? Should I never play it?

I'll return it and wait until they patch it, it will probably be cheaper at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back