Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']MvC3, Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm are big for me personally.[/QUOTE]
I just tried the Bulletstorm demo and couldn't get into it. I still haven't played KZ2, so I can hold off on that. No interest in MvC3. As long as the deals are still going strong in May, you'll get my money.

[quote name='Robotuner']Actually no, Unless they changed it in the computer. I had a customer who tried it, and the computer was not making the PSN card free on top of the BOGO. But I'm sure if you don't be a dick about it and ask, someone in the store would honor both deals.[/QUOTE]
It does work and it's supposed to work. Glad you're part of the problem with uninformed K-mart employees...and you're ON this website. Amazing work. Really.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']I would imagine its a store policy specific rule.

I do know I was able to return a 12 month Gold card to BestBuy a few weeks ago. Provided you haven't scratched off anything (not sure if the PSN cards have the scratchoff on them though) I would imagine most stores would take them back or allow them to be exchanged.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']You cannot exchange any of those type of cards. It usually says so right on the card if not also on the receipt.
[/QUOTE]

Belated thanks for the replies. I didn't get a reply before I had to leave, so I ended up just answering my own question at the store. Yeah, no go on the PSN card exchanges. I figured as much.

so we will never see "gaming coupons" again??? the only way to save money is by the SYWR program??? also.....im probably going to start buying games for my friends/family just to stack points....is there any problem with that?? meaning can i buy 3 or 4 or more copies of the same game without being banned or accused of fraud????

[quote name='dino88']R.I.P. Atlantic. You'll be missed.
I'm just assuming he died, because he hasn't posted for 10 hours[/QUOTE]

In b4 he rips you a new one for calling him Atlantic

[quote name='pjb16']The website (I believe) said you can give your phone number at the time of transaction and your rewards card should be credited as if it were swiped manually.[/QUOTE]
Yes you can use just your phone number if you dont have your card when making a purchase to get points. I did this just the other day.

However I don't think you can redeem them on a purchase with just a phone number. I imagine that'd be abused and you need your card for that.

[quote name='aleraiders']so we will never see "gaming coupons" again??? the only way to save money is by the SYWR program??? also.....im probably going to start buying games for my friends/family just to stack points....is there any problem with that?? meaning can i buy 3 or 4 or more copies of the same game without being banned or accused of fraud????[/QUOTE]

Wow... straight from the OP:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes you can use just your phone number if you dont have your card when making a purchase to get points. I did this just the other day.

However I don't think you can redeem them on a purchase with just a phone number. I imagine that'd be abused and you need your card for that.[/QUOTE]

yes u can redeem points without a card... just give them your phone number and pin. u can setup a pin on the website...

[quote name='FINALBOSS']It does work and it's supposed to work. Glad you're part of the problem with uninformed K-mart employees...and you're ON this website. Amazing work. Really.[/QUOTE]

wow dudes been here since jan 09 and still doesnt get it huh? on top of that an employee of the store? i'm with finalboss on this one....

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes you can use just your phone number if you dont have your card when making a purchase to get points. I did this just the other day.

However I don't think you can redeem them on a purchase with just a phone number. I imagine that'd be abused and you need your card for that.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh. That makes sense.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm still trying to wrap my head around.....as I read more I am not fully understanding our stance either. There is no way PSN or XBLA cards should be included. If anyone notices the competition selling these cards in NJ please let me know.[/QUOTE]

I stopped by Gamestop in Paramus, NJ today and saw they still had points cards for sale. I didn't try to buy one but they were on the shelf.

This is correct in my experience. I get points on purchases by providing my phone number. When I wanted to redeem points for DS2 on Thursday I ran into a minor issue. I gave the guy my phone number and he pulled up my account but wasn't able to use my points on the purchase unless I had my card. I told him I never received a card. He then wrote down my SYWR #, canceled the transaction, and re-scanned the game and the PSN card and manually entered my card #. I was able to use my points then. He suggested I have my SYWR # handy the next time I want to use points since I don't have a card. You can get your number from your account online or you can gamble and hope that the checkout person is nice enough to look it up for you, write it down and enter it in.

[quote name='aleraiders']so we will never see "gaming coupons" again??? the only way to save money is by the SYWR program??? also.....im probably going to start buying games for my friends/family just to stack points....is there any problem with that?? meaning can i buy 3 or 4 or more copies of the same game without being banned or accused of fraud????[/QUOTE]

I forgot to add in my initial response that Josh has mentioned that they will start enforcing a 2-game limit on titles pretty soon I think but I don't recall if he specified a date.

[quote name='Procyonid']This is correct in my experience. I get points on purchases by providing my phone number. When I wanted to redeem points for DS2 on Thursday I ran into a minor issue. I gave the guy my phone number and he pulled up my account but wasn't able to use my points on the purchase unless I had my card. I told him I never received a card. He then wrote down my SYWR #, canceled the transaction, and re-scanned the game and the PSN card and manually entered my card #. I was able to use my points then. He suggested I have my SYWR # handy the next time I want to use points since I don't have a card. You can get your number from your account on line or you can gamble and hope that the checkout person is nice enough to look it up for you, write it down and enter it in.[/QUOTE]

:bomb::wall:#-o
YOU DO NOT NEED A DAMN CARD TO USE YOUR POINTS!!!!!!!! actually most employees don't know how to work their own system so its no surprise to me you had a hard time in your case.. once they lookup your account via phone number i believe theres an option that says "use xx points" on this order, and then you just enter the pin YOU setup on the rewards website into the credit card reader thing they have hooked up. its even stated on the FAQ on their web page but the answer i get alot is that must be only for on line orders.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='medetron']:bomb::wall:#-o
YOU DO NOT NEED A DAMN CARD TO USE YOUR POINTS!!!!!!!! actually most employees don't know how to work their own system so its no surprise to me you had a hard time in your case.. once they lookup your account via phone number i believe theres an option that says "use xx points" on this order, and then you just enter the pin YOU setup on the rewards website into the credit card reader thing they have hooked up. its even stated on the FAQ on their web page but the answer i get alot is that must be only for on line orders.:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

I too can verify that you only need your PIN to redeem points. I've never received my card from when I signed up in November but I've never had issues without it.

[quote name='Altanis']You're not sorry. So don't say you are.

Let's play the common sense game here. If the BOGO 50% off deal runs 1/18 to 2/12, and ME2 is on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30, does common sense say that the two deals are concurrent and stackable? I promise, it's not a trick question.

However, you can only get 1 game 50% off. If you buy ME2 and LBP2, you get one of them 50% off. If you buy ME2, LBP2, and something else, you get 1 game 50% off. Period. You can't chain the savings. Why would you think you could?[/QUOTE]

Wow...you're an ass, aren't you? That wasn't a trick question either.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Wow... straight from the OP:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, not sure how people miss that. Oh yeah, they're lazy and don't read.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I forgot to add in my initial response that Josh has mentioned that they will start enforcing a 2-game limit on titles pretty soon I think but I don't recall if he specified a date.[/QUOTE]
In my opinion that is a great idea. Granted someone might being 3 or more legit copies of a title during the promo, but if you can't live with 2 then there's a problem.

I just hope the workers at the stores are informed of this limit. It's quite possibly one of the best things to happen since the coupons went away.

Just curious..

Can I go buy ME2 for $44.99, get half off on LittleBigPlanet 2 ($29.99) and then get half off on ANOTHER game?

If not, can I at least buy ME2 for $44.99 and get LBP2 for half off?

[quote name='JeriKu']Just curious..

Can I go buy ME2 for $44.99, get half off on LittleBigPlanet 2 ($29.99) and then get half off on ANOTHER game?

If not, can I at least buy ME2 for $44.99 and get LBP2 for half off?[/QUOTE]

No, yes. In that order.

[quote name='JeriKu']Can I go buy ME2 for $44.99, get half off on LittleBigPlanet 2 ($29.99) and then get half off on ANOTHER game?[/quote]
No. You cannot chain savings. You get ONE GAME 50% off. Period. End of story.

If not, can I at least buy ME2 for $44.99 and get LBP2 for half off?
Yes.

BOTH those questions have been answered multiple times. I promise they have. I know, cause I answered one about 12 hours ago.

[quote name='Altanis']No. You cannot chain savings. You get ONE GAME 50% off. Period. End of story.

Yes.

BOTH those questions have been answered multiple times. I promise they have. I know, cause I answered one about 12 hours ago.[/QUOTE]
You seriously need to pop some Xanax or something.

Best solution is to get a card for your family/friends and use those ones when buying games for them, if it's that common of an occurrence.

The cards are free, just make a mark on them to remember which is which.

Wow, mass effect 2's TIV is $10 on amazon.

I was considering buying it and LBP2 to get LBP2 for $30 and some amazon credit but nevermind that..

[quote name='jer7583']Best solution is to get a card for your family/friends and use those ones when buying games for them, if it's that common of an occurrence.

The cards are free, just make a mark on them to remember which is which.

Wow, mass effect 2's TIV is $10 on amazon.

I was considering buying it and LBP2 to get LBP2 for $30 and some amazon credit but nevermind that..[/QUOTE]
It's probably a mistake.

I'm never going to KMart again. Store 4399 in Silver Spring, MD was told not to accept gift vouchers from anyone fitting my description. I've never been more offended. Emailing.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']It does work and it's supposed to work. Glad you're part of the problem with uninformed K-mart employees...and you're ON this website. Amazing work. Really.[/QUOTE]

Unreal, Ive read a lot of things on this website that have made me question coming back but slamming Kmart employees because they might not be 100% on restarting the registers is beyond ridiculous as its not a common practice at the store level and I can almost guarantee nobody else mentions this at the store level either. I get that its been mentioned in this thread but at the rate it grows it wouldnt surprise me if he hadnt seen it. I can understand guys getting frustrated with repetitive questions but this really doesnt fall under that and yet you felt the need to talk down to him regardless, congratulations.

[quote name='cleaver']I'm never going to KMart again. Store 4399 in Silver Spring, MD was told not to accept gift vouchers from anyone fitting my description. I've never been more offended. Emailing.[/QUOTE]

LMAO HAHAHA thats too funny....

[quote name='cleaver']I'm never going to KMart again. Store 4399 in Silver Spring, MD was told not to accept gift vouchers from anyone fitting my description. I've never been more offended. Emailing.[/QUOTE]

Was it because you were denied the sale or because the description was terrible?

-----

"Sir, we can't sell you this. Our store has a flyer that says we are not allowed to accept vouchers from "a really good looking model type dude with girls falling all over him."

"WTF? That's fucking moronic! Wait... what did you say? Good looking model type dude? Well, in that case, thank you and have a nice day."

Have you shopped there before? Is there any reason this would happen? Did they have a name for whoever this mystery person was? I'm pretty curious myself.

[quote name='kitm9891']Unreal, Ive read a lot of things on this website that have made me question coming back but slamming Kmart employees because they might not be 100% on restarting the registers is beyond ridiculous as its not a common practice at the store level and I can almost guarantee nobody else mentions this at the store level either. I get that its been mentioned in this thread but at the rate it grows it wouldnt surprise me if he hadnt seen it. I can understand guys getting frustrated with repetitive questions but this really doesnt fall under that and yet you felt the need to talk down to him regardless, congratulations.[/QUOTE]
I believe he was talking more about the deal working as was described and the Kmart worker saying that it didn't. The likely solution behind why it wouldn't work was simply that the register needed to be rebooted.

He wasn't slamming the worker for being uninformed about rebooting the register (although that's probably something that shouldn't need to happen, the registers should be rebooted anyway before the store opens), he was slamming the uninformed worker for saying the deal didn't work when it in fact did.

You do know that, although they really shouldn't, stores are allowed to deny anyone they want right? I'm not saying they should, but they can. It's also possibly a fraud issue (not saying you have defrauded them).

[quote name='Procyonid']This is correct in my experience. I get points on purchases by providing my phone number. When I wanted to redeem points for DS2 on Thursday I ran into a minor issue. I gave the guy my phone number and he pulled up my account but wasn't able to use my points on the purchase unless I had my card. I told him I never received a card. He then wrote down my SYWR #, canceled the transaction, and re-scanned the game and the PSN card and manually entered my card #. I was able to use my points then. He suggested I have my SYWR # handy the next time I want to use points since I don't have a card. You can get your number from your account online or you can gamble and hope that the checkout person is nice enough to look it up for you, write it down and enter it in.[/QUOTE]

He might be nice enough to do it but he might also lose his job for doing it. Its against company policy to do that and defeats the entire purpose of requiring either the SYWR card or the Pin #. Im in no way defending the system as its not the most fine tuned setup in the world but what he did could cost him his job if someone above him finds out.

[quote name='Altanis']I believe he was talking more about the deal working as was described and the Kmart worker saying that it didn't. The likely solution behind why it wouldn't work was simply that the register needed to be rebooted.

He wasn't slamming the worker for being uninformed about rebooting the register (although that's probably something that shouldn't need to happen, the registers should be rebooted anyway before the store opens), he was slamming the uninformed worker for saying the deal didn't work when it in fact did.[/QUOTE]

I understand that but if he rings a guy and it doesnt work and he isnt informed as to the benefit of rebooting the register then I think a little leeway should be given in the end. Ive worked for the company for 2+ years now and not once in that time frame has the issue of rebooting the register to fix a deal not working ever come up, not once. In fact I didnt know this would do much of anything until it was brought to my attention here, and having said that, I check this forum multiple times a day while other workers certainly arent expected to do that so it might slip through the cracks when considering how quickly the thread can grow at times.

[quote name='kitm9891']I understand that but if he rings a guy and it doesnt work and he isnt informed as to the benefit of rebooting the register then I think a little leeway should be given in the end. Ive worked for the company for 2+ years now and not once in that time frame has the issue of rebooting the register to fix a deal not working ever come up, not once. In fact I didnt know this would do much of anything until it was brought to my attention here, and having said that, I check this forum multiple times a day while other workers certainly arent expected to do that so it might slip through the cracks when considering how quickly the thread can grow at times.[/QUOTE]

Only problem with your theory is that not reading a thread is never an excuse. I don't know how many times it was posted not just in this thread but also in the KmartGamer 3.0 thread. If he hadn't seen it, that's his fault.

That's something that should be addressed in training anyway. It usually isn't a problem since it's typically the job of the person working to reboot the register (in the front registers anyway) when they begin working. I'd assume something similar is the policy in electronics (something along the lines of the person working at opening needs to reboot the registers). I dunno the policy directly though and I know that things can differ within departments within a store, much less within a chain across the US.

As much as it amazes me to say this, I agree with what FINALBOSS said. The guy in question is part of the problem of uninformed Kmart employees.

[quote name='Altanis']Only problem with your theory is that not reading a thread is never an excuse. I don't know how many times it was posted not just in this thread but also in the KmartGamer 3.0 thread. If he hadn't seen it, that's his fault.

That's something that should be addressed in training anyway. It usually isn't a problem since it's typically the job of the person working to reboot the register (in the front registers anyway) when they begin working. I'd assume something similar is the policy in electronics (something along the lines of the person working at opening needs to reboot the registers). I dunno the policy directly though and I know that things can differ within departments within a store, much less within a chain across the US.

As much as it amazes me to say this, I agree with what FINALBOSS said. The guy in question is part of the problem of uninformed Kmart employees.[/QUOTE]

For the record, the registers are on and running when the employees show up and there is no directive given to reboot registers. Im not sure if you really believe you know more about how kmart works over an employee that actually works there but whatever.

In terms of your attitude about it being his responsibility to read here, no its not, its not in his job description and he doesnt need to come here at all if he doesnt want to. If youve got an issue with employees not knowing something then take that up with corporate but if they arent going to force store managers to have a clue then there is no way you should expect some minimum wage worker to come here on his off time just to wade through the endless garbage to actually pick up some useful information.

EDIT- Dumb and completely unrelated question for anyone that can assist. Why does my sig show up above when I posted but yet doesnt show up on this post? ***And as I typed that it came back somehow***

[quote name='kitm9891']For the record, the registers are on and running when the employees show up and there is no directive given to reboot registers. Im not sure if you really believe you know more about how kmart works over an employee that actually works there but whatever.

In terms of your attitude about it being his responsibility to read here, no its not, its not in his job description and he doesnt need to come here at all if he doesnt want to. If youve got an issue with employees not knowing something then take that up with corporate but if they arent going to force store managers to have a clue then there is no way you should expect some minimum wage worker to come here on his off time just to wade through the endless garbage to actually pick up some useful information.

EDIT- Dumb and completely unrelated question for anyone that can assist. Why does my sig show up above when I posted but yet doesnt show up on this post? ***And as I typed that it came back somehow***[/QUOTE]
I'd say the point is--he's ON this website, so he has chosen to be informed. About the K-Mart deals, their practices, and what goes on a regular basis for K-Mart as a whole. No one told him to go kill himself--just that he's part of the problem that makes K-Mart a crappy shopping experience and further emphasizing the YMMV when it comes to any deals no matter the store #.

[quote name='Altanis']That's something that should be addressed in training anyway. It usually isn't a problem since it's typically the job of the person working to reboot the register (in the front registers anyway) when they begin working. I'd assume something similar is the policy in electronics (something along the lines of the person working at opening needs to reboot the registers). I dunno the policy directly though and I know that things can differ within departments within a store, much less within a chain across the US.[/QUOTE]

Therein lies the problem. Training isn't enforced in any way, and from my experience in a retail environment, you don't need to do anything other than be someone's peon for a day or two before you're considered 'trained.' Few people take their time reading manuals, memos, recalls and all that jazz. Usually, the lowest tier of employees are informed either from their own volition or because some higher level of management told them to read so-and-so.

The problem with the retail experience just comes from workers not giving a damn. Which is why when we go into their department to shop for games, 70% of the time we'll know more about it than they do.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I'd say the point is--he's ON this website, so he has chosen to be informed. About the K-Mart deals, their practices, and what goes on a regular basis for K-Mart as a whole. No one told him to go kill himself--just that he's part of the problem that makes K-Mart a crappy shopping experience and further emphasizing the YMMV when it comes to any deals no matter the store #.[/QUOTE]

This 100%.

I was all happy about the deadspace 2 deal for the free 1600 point card.... then I found out that Kmart didn't get any of the Collector's Edition.

Now I'm sad, and I didn't buy the game. The deal is great, but I want the extras.

[quote name='kitm9891']For the record, the registers are on and running when the employees show up and there is no directive given to reboot registers. Im not sure if you really believe you know more about how kmart works over an employee that actually works there but whatever. [/QUOTE]
Please let me know where I have ever claimed to know more about how Kmart works than anyone that works there. I do believe I said in my last post that I wasn't sure what the policy actually was (besides knowing that the registers up front at the local Kmart here are supposed to be turned off when no one is working. I do know that.).

[quote name='kitm9891']In terms of your attitude about it being his responsibility to read here, no its not, its not in his job description and he doesnt need to come here at all if he doesnt want to.[/QUOTE]
Please inform me as to where I said that since he was a Kmart employee he needed to read CAG? I simply said that reading the thread was his responsibility before posting, meaning that if he is posting here he should have read the thread, where it's posted about 20 times that the registers may need to be rebooted.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I'd say the point is--he's ON this website, so he has chosen to be informed. About the K-Mart deals, their practices, and what goes on a regular basis for K-Mart as a whole. No one told him to go kill himself--just that he's part of the problem that makes K-Mart a crappy shopping experience and further emphasizing the YMMV when it comes to any deals no matter the store #.[/QUOTE]
You're close. Yeah, he's here and has chosen to be informed as a consumer. That's great.
The problem is that the KmartGamer threads are always full of people complaining that employees don't know what's going on 99% of the time (especially with deals like the promos going on currently). You were right in calling him out about misinforming people about the deals, especially since we all know that what he posted wasn't correct anyway.
The problem is that the person does work for Kmart and is on CAG, where Kmart deals are posted, and he still did not have a clue about them (or at least it seemed that way). You were correct in saying that was part of the problem, because it is.

[quote name='Interfeci']Therein lies the problem. Training isn't enforced in any way, and from my experience in a retail environment, you don't need to do anything other than be someone's peon for a day or two before you're considered 'trained.' Few people take their time reading manuals, memos, recalls and all that jazz. Usually, the lowest tier of employees are informed either from their own volition or because some higher level of management told them to read so-and-so.

The problem with the retail experience just comes from workers not giving a damn. Which is why when we go into their department to shop for games, 70% of the time we'll know more about it than they do.[/QUOTE]
You're not telling me anything I don't know. I remember how things used to be, based off stories I've heard from family members who worked retail for years.

Training is simply a term placed on someone new, often in a way for the store to simply deny the person benefits, etc (not saying it's all stores, but many do).

I know all too well as a consumer about workers not knowing things. I know every company really only cares about their profit margin, but you would think having smart customers workers was important too. I know that I like shopping at stores where, in the unlikely event I become confused about or interested in something, an employee can help me.

Hah. Went in to my local KMart to see if they had LBP2 yesterday with the wife.. Just in time to see the store manager throw her name badge at the district manager and quit. The woman had been with the company 13 years. Sounds like a fantastic place to work.

That aside, my store got 2 copies of LBP2, and don't carry any PSN/Xbox Live cards at all. Picked mine up at Best Buy and got a free Sackboy plushie with it "just because". Traveled 5 miles out of my way to buy it.

Best Buy won my money (and my future business) just by having the game in stock. Your numbers sound fantastic Josh, but 2 per store just isn't cutting it when you're running deals that look almost too good to be true.

You should also consider educating the employees who work in electronics (via Pebble or some such in store training) about what's coming out, what promotions are there, etc so that at the VERY least they can hang up a sign that says "this promotion is not applicable at this store." Half the time, they have no idea what's going on, and no signage came through. I can't speak for the company itself, but if this store is any representation of how the company works as a whole, it's no wonder you're taking such drastic financial hits. :/

[quote name='jaysapathy']Hah. Went in to my local KMart to see if they had LBP2 yesterday with the wife.. Just in time to see the store manager throw her name badge at the district manager and quit. The woman had been with the company 13 years. Sounds like a fantastic place to work.

That aside, my store got 2 copies of LBP2, and don't carry any PSN/Xbox Live cards at all. Picked mine up at Best Buy and got a free Sackboy plushie with it "just because". Traveled 5 miles out of my way to buy it.

Best Buy won my money (and my future business) just by having the game in stock. Your numbers sound fantastic Josh, but 2 per store just isn't cutting it when you're running deals that look almost too good to be true.

You should also consider educating the employees who work in electronics (via Pebble or some such in store training) about what's coming out, what promotions are there, etc so that at the VERY least they can hang up a sign that says "this promotion is not applicable at this store." Half the time, they have no idea what's going on, and no signage came through. I can't speak for the company itself, but if this store is any representation of how the company works as a whole, it's no wonder you're taking such drastic financial hits. :/[/QUOTE]
...LBP2 is flying off the shelves and it came out on Tuesday. How many copies did you expect to be left?

[quote name='FINALBOSS']...LBP2 is flying off the shelves and it came out on Tuesday. How many copies did you expect to be left?[/QUOTE]

Actually, LBP2 came out 2 weeks ago...but it still doesn't excuse the poor amount of stock that Kmart has of the game. Best Buy has an overload of copies, so I don't understand why Kmart can't keep their games in stock...especially the popular games that are flying off the shelves like LBP2.

Best Buy won your money because Kmart only had 2 in stock? Did you buy more than 2 copies at Best Buy?

I think I'll play my half-priced Dead Space 2 now, maybe even buy a new game later with my free $20 PSN credit. Enjoy your stuffed toy!

Question for you people out there on the webbernet. I was able to get the LBP2+DS2+MS Points deal today, but there was a bit of a hitch. The MS Point card was the last one in the store and when they were ringing it up the card was coming up "not on file". After dealing with 3 different managers they ended up putting it in manually somehow and just charging me a penny for it. My question is, should I be worried about the card not having been activated correctly due to the way they did it at the register? Should I just scratch off the blocker and punch in the code? But then, if it wasn't activated and I've scratch it, how could I prove I wasn't just trying to scam them ? Thoughts anyone?

[quote name='Rahxephon']Question for you people out there on the webbernet. I was able to get the LBP2+DS2+MS Points deal today, but there was a bit of a hitch. The MS Point card was the last one in the store and when they were ringing it up the card was coming up "not on file". After dealing with 3 different managers they ended up putting it in manually somehow and just charging me a penny for it. My question is, should I be worried about the card not having been activated correctly due to the way they did it at the register? Should I just scratch off the blocker and punch in the code? But then, if it wasn't activated and I've scratch it, how could I prove I wasn't just trying to scam them ? Thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE]

Does the receipt have a number for the card and "activated" or similar wording? If so, you should be ok.

[quote name='EducAsian']Actually, LBP2 came out 2 weeks ago...but it still doesn't excuse the poor amount of stock that Kmart has of the game. Best Buy has an overload of copies, so I don't understand why Kmart can't keep their games in stock...especially the popular games that are flying off the shelves like LBP2.[/QUOTE]

Allocation mean anything to you? josh got as many copies as the publisher allowed him to buy.. stores like best buy and gamestop are unfortunately on the top of the list so they get first dibs on huge numbers.. i expect this to change overtime as k-mart start showing publishers numbers and figures :applause:

[quote name='dino88']Best Buy won your money because Kmart only had 2 in stock? Did you buy more than 2 copies at Best Buy?

I think I'll play my half-priced Dead Space 2 now, maybe even buy a new game later with my free $20 PSN credit. Enjoy your stuffed toy![/QUOTE]

lol well said sir!, people sure as missing out on such a fantastic deal...

I don't see the word "activated" anywhere. It doesn't even list it as MS Point card. It says "Home Electro" I think they just threw in some generic place holder to ring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back