Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']The points card deal involved buying Dead Space 2 this week (it ended tonight). When you bought Dead Space 2 you could get a $20 points card (PSN or XBLA) for free.

That deal's dead, although you can still buy ME2 and DS2 this week for $75.[/QUOTE]

But I'm in Hawaii and I still have 45 mins until closing... Muwhahahahaha.....damn.....too tired :oldman:......forget this deal.

[quote name='boneless']But I'm in Hawaii and I still have 45 mins until closing... Muwhahahahaha.....damn.....too tired :oldman:......forget this deal.[/QUOTE]
You are lucky to have a Kmart that's open till 10PM. Most I have seen are open 8AM to 9PM.

ETA- Heh, so I was wrong. Turns out 8A-9P is often the Sunday hours. Dunno why I thought they closed at 9. Maybe I'm thinking of the Target near here closing at 9.
ETA2- No, I was thinking of Kmart. Some are open till 9, some till 10. The one here near campus closes at 9.

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']
  • :ps3: 2-22 Killzone 3 20,000 SYWR Points ($20)
Don't suppose the Helghast Edition will be getting the 20k points?[/QUOTE]
If Kmart carries any special editions of a game, it gets the same (and sometimes more) release week deal as the regular version.

Can someone clarify:

2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 10,000 SYWR Points ($10)
  • Free Test Drive PSP with PS3 purchase

does that mean Test Drive Unlimited for PSP that was released in 2007?

question #2: if so, and our local store has none in stock... what happens?

[quote name='affa']Can someone clarify:

2-8 Test Drive Unlimited 2 10,000 SYWR Points ($10)
  • Free Test Drive PSP with PS3 purchase
does that mean Test Drive Unlimited for PSP that was released in 2007?

question #2: if so, and our local store has none in stock... what happens?[/QUOTE]

This is a good question... I'm afraid you'll run into this situation several times over the upcoming weeks; starting today with the GOW Collection/GOW III Deal due to the inconsistency in store inventory. I just ransacked my Kmart last night and did not find a single copy of GOW III and only one copy of God of War Collection so unfortunately it does not appear anyone in my area well be capitalizing on this unless they get another retailer to PM without calling the store Kmart to check inventory.

Note: It appears Kmart.com was going to offer the GOW deal as well; except they are out of stock of the GOW Collectoin

ME2 and LBP2 are ringing up $86 (thats with tax) and not 75. Anyone else having this problem? Cashier told me its ringing up 22.00 for ME2.

[quote name='eRockBC']ME2 and LBP2 are ringing up $86 (thats with tax) and not 75. Anyone else having this problem? Cashier told me its ringing up 22.00 for ME2.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I expected earlier last week, and got bitched at about it, because I questioned how it would ring up, pretty fantastic if you ask me.

Sorry it isnt working for you buddy.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Pretty much what I expected earlier last week, and got bitched at about it, because I questioned how it would ring up, pretty fantastic if you ask me.

Sorry it isnt working for you buddy.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Oh, I see. He was including tax. So LBP2 was rang up first = $60, then half off $45 for ME2 = 22.50

So like people have said, make sure ME2 is rang up first (hopefully that makes a difference).

[quote name='eRockBC']ME2 and LBP2 are ringing up $86 (thats with tax) and not 75. Anyone else having this problem? Cashier told me its ringing up 22.00 for ME2.[/QUOTE]

I bet this is happening because LBP2 is one of the games that gets you 50% off another $59.99 game, try ME2 for $44.99 plus a different $59.99 game, that game might ring up $29.99, just a thought.

^But that still doesn't make sense as ME2 is $44.99 not $59.99.

went to kmart this morning for a price adjustment on ME2 and was denied (it's return value was $44.99). Oh well, DS2, $20 PSN card, and that for $90 was still pretty good.

I'm going to go today and try and do the ME2 and Black Ops deal and see if they stack. Last time I went for DS2 the guy didn't know what he was doing and was amazed when I rang everything up for him and the price was $90.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the $50 Gift Card with the PS3 purchase would be ready for use immediately or if there is a waiting period similar to the coupons....thanks :). I was thinking of getting the PSP 3000 for $79.99 (using the $50 gift card).

Are the deals different depending your location? Because I just check out the weekly add and it does show up Mass Effect 2 for $44.99 but it doesn't said get another $59.99 game 50% off. It only show that if you buy ME2 you get Dragon Age: Origin Ultimate Edition 50% off.

Anyone have any luck with Two Worlds 2 this morning. I tried 2 stores in Columbus OH, one at opening and another about 20 minutes later and neither had any copies. Let me say I think they didn't have any. It's like pulling teeth to find out anything, neither had any copies on the shelf and the first wouldn't check the back, the second spent all of 15 secs in the back to check.

What is the point of a sale if you don't have the game in stock, or workers are too damn dumb or lazy to check for you. Not only am I mad that I missed out on the sale because of bad supply chains, worker laziness, etc, I missed out on any promotions other stores were running by waiting until today.

I know you do alot Josh to help CAG out and it's appreciated, but it just doesn't trickle down to the stores who remind us why Kmart is in the position it is today.

I really want the Two Worlds 2 deal, but I am clueless on how to get it. Can anyone help me? I would love to just order it online but I don't even see the game listed for xbox . . . :(

[quote name='Cangriman']Are the deals different depending your location? Because I just check out the weekly add and it does show up Mass Effect 2 for $44.99 but it doesn't said get another $59.99 game 50% off. It only show that if you buy ME2 you get Dragon Age: Origin Ultimate Edition 50% off.[/QUOTE]
The ad deals are different if you are OCONUS or in New York.
The BOGO deal is advertised on the gaming blog though, and is available everywhere.

Ugh, my local KMart doesn't have GoW1+2 and it is also sold out online. Can I PM to Sears or anything, Josh? Or do you know if the website will be getting any more in stock? Thanks!

This morning I bought Mass Effect 2 and Two Worlds II for 64.99+tax. It took $20 off Two Worlds. Just an FYI. I would bet it would do the same with the other games that are marked down this week.

No problems getting Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 in Louisville just now. He even scanned DS2 first and it took the $30 off after he scanned in ME2. We must be really lucky here because they always seem well stocked on new releases.

[quote name='mikwiz']I really want the Two Worlds 2 deal, but I am clueless on how to get it. Can anyone help me?[/QUOTE]

It's tricky. Here's how.

Wake up
Shower
Grab car keys
Unlock car (YMMV)
Start car
Drive to K-Mart
Exit car (REMEMBER TO LOCK IT UPON EXIT!)
Enter K-Mart
Walk to electronics section
Wait
Wait
Watch an employee walk by you and look at you oddly, like you're on display at a museum
Wait
After ten minutes, walk to the front and ask for someone to come to electronics
Return to electronics
Ask for "Two Worlds II"
Employee will get game
Employee scans game
You pay for the game
You receive the game

:)

[quote name='apocrypha']success, my K had stocked DS2 and had LBP2 and PSN card everything rang up great much to the surprise of the cashier keep the deals coming[/QUOTE]

Are you saying the PSN card is ringing up free today?

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Anyone have any luck with Two Worlds 2 this morning. I tried 2 stores in Columbus OH, one at opening and another about 20 minutes later and neither had any copies. Let me say I think they didn't have any. It's like pulling teeth to find out anything, neither had any copies on the shelf and the first wouldn't check the back, the second spent all of 15 secs in the back to check.

[/QUOTE]

Well I went to the one on Olentangy and Bethel at around 9:30 am and they had two copies with the advertised price.

Anyways thanks Josh took advantage of Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']The ad deals are different if you are OCONUS or in New York.
The BOGO deal is advertised on the gaming blog though, and is available everywhere.[/QUOTE]

I just check the weekly add of New York and it also show the same thing I wrote. What I'm worrying about is that the weekly ad said something but in the first page on this thread it said another deal. Like it doesn't even show the LBP2 deal as well.

I will just call in case.

Okay everybody, I came back like I said I would. I went to the Temple City KMART and picked up the last copy of Mass Effect 2 for $45 and got $30 off of Assassins Creed Brotherhood, so don't bother going there today if you're looking for Mass Effect 2.

Hopefully no one will have any mysterious problems with the BOGO because the ad only advertises Mass Effect 2 with Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition specifically and I'd imagine you'd have a hard time arguing otherwise with an unknowledgeable manager.

On a related note, I saw no PSN cards and no Black Ops, but there was a small stock of 1600 points cards at the electronics counter so if they restock Black Ops this week you may still be able to get the points. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded was in stock and they were getting ready to label all the deals for everything except for Mass Effect (at least as far as I could tell as it wasn't on the sticker sheet with all the labels).

[quote name='Cangriman']Are the deals different depending your location? Because I just check out the weekly add and it does show up Mass Effect 2 for $44.99 but it doesn't said get another $59.99 game 50% off. It only show that if you buy ME2 you get Dragon Age: Origin Ultimate Edition 50% off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EYEL1NER']The ad deals are different if you are OCONUS or in New York.
The BOGO deal is advertised on the gaming blog though, and is available everywhere.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cangriman']I just check the weekly add of New York and it also show the same thing I wrote. What I'm worrying about is that the weekly ad said something but in the first page on this thread it said another deal. Like it doesn't even show the LBP2 deal as well.

I will just call in case.[/QUOTE]

The ad for some reason everywhere only lists Dragon Age: Origin Ultimate Edition, as I too noticed that here in Cali, but I can assure you that the deal still works properly as I said above.

Just got back from my local K-Mart, got Two Worlds II and Mass Effect 2 for 64.98 + tax, everything was marked properly on the cases and games were out. Only two copies of each game however.

I went to my Kmart in Springfield, MO. They had all the sales printed and stuck directly on the glass just below the games it was related to. Mass Effect deal, and Two Worlds 2 was labeled 39.99 . All I had to do was find a worker LOL. Some older country guy, super nice and he says he gets the deals and always puts them right up. There was about 5 copies of ME2 and DS2. About 10 copies of Two Worlds 2.

Thanks JOSH!!

got me2 and ds2 for 82 w/tax. at first the cashier scanned me2, didnt work. then we tried dead space 2 first, it worked like a charm.

Hmmm..has anyone tried this deal with ME 2, Black Ops, and 1600 pts card? If the 1/2 off discount applied as it seems to be doing with Two Worlds 2, this combo for around $75-80 would be awesome.

I'm so happy my K-Mart is pretty much on the ball when it comes to deals. They don't advertise anything, the store is disheveled, but there's a younger gamer kid working Electronics and I'm an intimidating looking guy at 6'6. They never say no to me.

My apologies. I am talking about Two Worlds 2.

[quote name='PaulDE01']Governor's Square Kmart in Bear, Delaware: 2 copies left for
the 360 and the 3 for the PS3 version when the store opened this morning at 8 am.[/QUOTE]

How do I get DC Universe Online PS3 for $44.99. When I click through the links it says Pre-order $59.99. Is it $44.99 in the stores starting today?

Why don't you guys reserve some of your games if you're worried about stock by using www.mygopher.com? I know it's not available in all stores, but it works wonders to reserve a copy in the store and have it waiting for you when you get there.

[quote name='sekser']How do I get DC Universe Online PS3 for $44.99. When I click through the links it says Pre-order $59.99. Is it $44.99 in the stores starting today?[/QUOTE]
You go to the store and buy it...

[quote name='PaulDE01']My apologies. I am talking about Two Worlds 2.[/QUOTE]

There's actually an edit button, so you can just fix the original error. Though extra posts just serves to up the thread's post count and help send us on to 5.0, I'm fairly certain the infighting and ignorance of the deals listed clearly in the OP don't really need anymore help. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any reviews of Two Worlds II out there? Or can anyone comment on the game? I haven't read much about it, but if I can get it for $20 and sell my copy of ME2 at cost online I'd be interested.

[quote name='kingtopher']Are there any reviews of Two Worlds II out there? Or can anyone comment on the game? I haven't read much about it, but if I can get it for $20 and sell my copy of ME2 at cost online I'd be interested.[/QUOTE]

There's a thread in the xbox 360 forum but my 2 cents. Rented it from Redbox. It looks gorgeous. The combat animation is jilted. Fetch quests to start out. Definitely not Dragon Age. Haven't tried it online yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back