Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for those of us who are picking up Two Worlds 2 this week, I found out about some crazy things you can do to make the game run smoother and remove some of the effects if you don't like them.

For example, when running, the game has blur built in, using the Console Command mode, you can enter a code that eliminates it. Other codes such as reducing fog in the distance, reducing DOF etc.

On the 360 to acceess the mode do the following:

Hold the RB & LB and keep them held
Press in this order the following----> Start, Up D-Dad, Start, Down D-Pad

You have to do this in-game and if done correctly you get a black box accross the screen to enter the commands. If you have a chat pad for the 360 you can just enter them, if not, hit "X" and the on-screen keyboard comes up. Here are a few commands, again these are just graphical commnads, there are cheat ones you can find (I wont post them) as I heard it can turn achievements off. Before anyone asks, yes these are official tweaks and no it wont ruin anything.

One other note, you do have to enter these every time you load your game to play. So once you shut down the system and you begin to play again you have to re-enter the codes. I also advise that you enter these after you get out of the "intro" area of the game since you will be outside and it is easier to tell what these are doing for you. But here are the most common ones that i have used myself.

To remove blur enter: engine.usedof 0
To remove blurrines when running: graph.setfastrunspecialefx 0 0 0.0
To remove the camera from wobblying when running: cam.bank.move 0

These also work for the PS3 version. The above made a big difference when playing the 360 version. There are alot of others as well, but those 3 are the ones that I have used and tested.

I know some people hate blurring in games and it's reported that turning off some of these things can actually make the game run smoother and have less screen tearing.

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop is the worst place to buy videogames.[/QUOTE]
You forgot the word USED in that phrase there.:D Otherwise they're ok and sometimes have deals(and especially glitches;)). But besides that they're horrible.

As for whether or not something is a deal to everyone. It's a deal to some if you can get in on it and/or get something for a great price. If you think it's a great price, then it's a deal. But if you don't then I guess according to logic on CAG lately you should just shut up, right?

I got both Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 no problems. I also picked up a PSP-3000. The total for everything came out to 225 (including tax).

[quote name='jaysapathy']
Sorry Josh, it just feels like too little, too late. I know one customer doesn't make a difference, but I think I'll just stick to GameStop and Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if your wife didn't work at kmart, whether you would hate kmart more or less.

As much as some people here go overboard praising SHC for his work, you seem to go exactly as far shitting on kmart. If your wife has the same shitty attitude that you have about kmart, I'm glad I don't visit her store.

[quote name='sadboy']
Sometimes, I go to Slickdeals and say things like, "I'm such a cheap ass." Just kidding.
[/QUOTE]

Ha.

So both black ops and two worlds. Someone try it with dcu.

Here's an idea. How 'bout we talk about Kmart in the Kmart thread and not other retailers. I don't give two shits where people like and don't like to shop. I do care to find out how the deals are working.

[quote name='salty tbone']Here's an idea. How 'bout we talk about Kmart in the Kmart thread and not other retailers. I don't give two shits where people like and don't like to shop. I do care to find out how the deals are working.[/QUOTE]
I don't give two shits about Two Worlds II, which would amount to four shits. Uhh--just kidding. I have no idea where that was going.

Picked up Two Worlds II, rang up at 39.99. Only trouble was finding it, they have games spread throughout the electronics section at my store (at least 3 different spots).

As a side note, am missing something with the DLC? What am I supposed to do with the 16-digit code? The PSN only lets me enter 12.

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop is the worst place to buy videogames.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, if you actually take advantage of the trade in offers, with a little leg work you can save way more on new games. I wont knock Kmart, the $20 coupons and such are very nice for the average Joe but the deals at GS are pretty much untouchable if you utilize this site properly.

[quote name='NexusMIT']Picked up Two Worlds II, rang up at 39.99. Only trouble was finding it, they have games spread throughout the electronics section at my store (at least 3 different spots).

As a side note, am missing something with the DLC? What am I supposed to do with the 16-digit code? The PSN only lets me enter 12.[/QUOTE]

From my understanding they were entered in game.

[quote name='gindias']Not at all, if you actually take advantage of the trade in offers, with a little leg work you can save way more on new games. I wont knock Kmart, the $20 coupons and such are very nice for the average Joe but the deals at GS are pretty much untouchable if you utilize this site properly.[/QUOTE]

if you have a car you're waste gas.. if you have a job you dont have much time to do the "leg work" it takes to get a decent credit.. k-mart on the other hand bam 20 bucks off just for walking in and buying? sounds crazy doesnt it ;) lol.. i used to do the gamestop but now with no time it just doesnt pay anymore..

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm not recommending it actually due the fact that this deal will not be promoted on the blog or ad. Stores may fight back a bit on this one.[/QUOTE]

My store is on Wisteria Lane in Snellville GA. Got there around 10:30 this morning and picked up a copy of the 360 version of Two Worlds II, now there's only 1 left. Only 2 PS3 versions were there. They were in the back of the case with Dead Space 2. More than half of the hooks in the display case were empty. Took me forever to get someone with a key to get it out. My wife and I asked probably 4 different people and hit the pager thingy a lot.

It's nice to get that deal, but KMart is so hit or miss. I remember trying to get NHL 11 when it came out and it wasn't there. It's very hard to get someone who works there to help you. If I were into stealing, I bet I could clean out the electronics department and no one would notice for days.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']From my understanding they were entered in game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it wasn't very obvious, at least to me. You actually have to start a game first before being able to enter the code

Since josh has been bringing on these great deals most of my purchases have been at K-Mart or Amazon, only time I shop at gamestop anymore is if I have coupons, or need a LE I cant get anywhere else(like bulletstorm, would love to get at kmart but there was no clarification on if Kmart was going to carry the epic edition), I never buy used games, so normally only go in for sales.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Since josh has been bringing on these great deals most of my purchases have been at K-Mart or Amazon, only time I shop at gamestop anymore is if I have coupons, or need a LE I cant get anywhere else(like bulletstorm, would love to get at kmart but there was no clarification on if Kmart was going to carry the epic edition), I never buy used games, so normally only go in for sales.[/QUOTE]

actually stock boy stated that the ps3 would get the limited edition while xbox people will get the epic which brings the gow3 beta code i believe..

[quote name='medetron']actually stock boy stated that the ps3 would get the limited edition while xbox people will get the epic which brings the gow3 beta code i believe..[/QUOTE]

Josh confirmed that as well :)

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Since josh has been bringing on these great deals most of my purchases have been at K-Mart or Amazon, only time I shop at gamestop anymore is if I have coupons, or need a LE I cant get anywhere else(like bulletstorm, would love to get at kmart but there was no clarification on if Kmart was going to carry the epic edition), I never buy used games, so normally only go in for sales.[/QUOTE]

Actually, stock boy mentioned that the first run would be epic.

Does anyone know if the $50 gift card with the purchase of the PS3 can be used immediately or is there a waiting period similar to the coupons? Thanks for everyone's help. I called Kmart but they were not sure..shocking I know lol.

[quote name='medetron']actually stock boy stated that the ps3 would get the limited edition while xbox people will get the epic which brings the gow3 beta code i believe..[/QUOTE]

Last I heard Gamestop, Bestbuy and Amazon were the only retailers carrying it, I asked 4 times near the end of 3.0 if K-Mart would be carrying the epic edition and never got an answer, many others asked too and it was never answered. But if K-Mart carries it, i would rather pick it up at K-Mart.

[quote name='Interfeci']Actually, stock boy mentioned that the first run would be epic.[/QUOTE]

Well, good shit then, looks like I'll be getting it at K-Mart instead.

I tried buying both Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 but the 50% deal didn't activate. Not surprised as this store doesn't even appear on mygofer.com.

[quote name='esq373']I tried buying both Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 but the 50% deal didn't activate. Not surprised as this store doesn't even appear on mygofer.com.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it was done right? I just purchased this right now and it worked perfectly.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Does anyone know if the $50 gift card with the purchase of the PS3 can be used immediately or is there a waiting period similar to the coupons? Thanks for everyone's help. I called Kmart but they were not sure..shocking I know lol.[/QUOTE]
Was it necessary to post this twice within 9 hours of each other?

Obviously, no one knows the answer. All we can say is that in the ad online it doesn't say whether there's a delay activating or not. I would guess there isn't a delay. However, you could just you know go to the store and try it out...

whats the right way? I told the guy to scan Dead Space 2 since I saw an earlier post that said scanning DS2 first worked if thats what you mean?I'm disappointed the deal didn't work since I was hoping to buy both for $80ish with tax.

Just got back from my local K-Mart and managed to get ME2 for $45 and Two Worlds 2 for $20. Many thanks to the people that mentioned that earlier.

For some reason at my K-Mart even though they had the 360 version out and priced, the PS3 version was locked up in the front of the store with a note not to sell them until today. The cashier told me that because there are two versions of a game, K-Mart always puts a hold on one of them until as long as a week after the actual release date. He even showed me the box with the note written on it, "Hold until 1-30-11". Certainly very odd since this is the first time I've EVER seen this happen at K-Mart but I'm happy I managed to get it today with no problem.

[quote name='Altanis']

Let's see, it's a contest between the words of the person who buys the video games for the entire store chain, versus the words of an assistant manager, about who is correct on stock. I know who I would pick ;). You're really going to gripe that the next Kmart is 15 miles away? 15 miles is nothing. Tallahassee has 1 Kmart. The next closest? Either Valdosta GA (90ish miles) or Perry FL (about 77 miles). [/QUOTE]

You know sometimes you got to take the assistant manager at his word. You know even Josh could be wrong via somebody gave him the wrong information. So just don't assume that Josh knows more about the store's inventory than the assistant manager. Unless Josh goes to every store and personally sees they get their allotment of games personally. Then there is chance of error on his part. All I am trying to say is don't discredit the assistant manager here.

No one has said that Josh is god. You're also assuming that April to January (9 months) is a long amount of time in retail. Josh is pretty much trying to completely overhaul Kmart, and thankfully he's gaining some traction. 9 months is nothing to do that, especially when he's trying to prove to the higher-ups that change is needed- something that must be done with monetary figures that take time to obtain.

No, but the way people act and jump all over a person for criticizing Josh or kmart in general is rediculous. All he is doing is trying to revitalize kmart's video game division, not the whole company. 9 months is a good amount of time to get this done but he has not.

Yes he has done good but he has yet to improve the quality if service or the awareness of these offers in stores. While he tries to improve the deals at kmart, he has failed to improve the quality of service. Yes 9 months is a short time for change in monetary terms but it is a good chunk of time to improve on customer service which should have been his first move. No matter how good the deal is if the customer service is poor then people will go other stores. In other words Josh's first move should have been fix the customer service first then the deals.

Yes the deals will get the customer in the door. But with poor customer service you won't be able to sell what you put on sale.

[quote name='esq373']whats the right way? I told the guy to scan Dead Space 2 since I saw an earlier post that said scanning DS2 first worked if thats what you mean?I'm disappointed the deal didn't work since I was hoping to buy both for $80ish with tax.[/QUOTE]

I had him scan mass effect, then dead space, and then he keyed something in and hit total. $82. If it wasn't working, there has to be something that wasn't done by the associate.

I tried looking through the thread, but does anyone know if you can buy the LBP 2 CE and get 50% off another game or is it only the regular version?

[quote name='js1']I tried looking through the thread, but does anyone know if you can buy the LBP 2 CE and get 50% off another game or is it only the regular version?[/QUOTE]
If you can find a copy of the CE (which is unlikely at this point), then yes, it is eligible for the deal.

[quote name='js1']I tried looking through the thread, but does anyone know if you can buy the LBP 2 CE and get 50% off another game or is it only the regular version?[/QUOTE]

Works with CE's as well, and it has asked alot in this thread.

[quote name='Interfeci']I had him scan mass effect, then dead space, and then he keyed something in and hit total. $82. If it wasn't working, there has to be something that wasn't done by the associate.[/QUOTE]

I'll go back tomorrow then and show them the blog or maybe it will activate on its on. I just didn't want to argue with the guy so I left.

[quote name='Interfeci']Actually, stock boy mentioned that the first run would be epic.[/QUOTE]

Since I missed the Bulletstorm anouncement, was there any mention of DA 2 signature edition being available at K-mart? Have mine pre-ordered at Gamestop, but would love to use points from bulletstorm on it there.

[quote name='Ray5555']You know sometimes you got to take the assistant manager at his word. You know even Josh could be wrong via somebody gave him the wrong information. So just don't assume that Josh knows more about the store's inventory than the assistant manager. Unless Josh goes to every store and personally sees they get their allotment of games personally. Then there is chance of error on his part. All I am trying to say is don't discredit the assistant manager here.
[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, did you go there on release or a few days after?

[quote name='Ray5555']
No, but the way people act and jump all over a person for criticizing Josh or kmart in general is rediculous. All he is doing is trying to revitalize kmart's video game division, not the whole company. 9 months is a good amount of time to get this done but he has not.

Yes he has done good but he has yet to improve the quality if service or the awareness of these offers in stores. While he tries to improve the deals at kmart, he has failed to improve the quality of service. Yes 9 months is a short time for change in monetary terms but it is a good chunk of time to improve on customer service which should have been his first move. No matter how good the deal is if the customer service is poor then people will go other stores. In other words Josh's first move should have been fix the customer service first then the deals.

Yes the deals will get the customer in the door. But with poor customer service you won't be able to sell what you put on sale.[/QUOTE]

As you mentioned, he can't really see all the stores, and can't do much about the associates. Customer service is store level, so management is the one to blame. All Josh can do is work with the publishers to try to get us some major deals on a gaming website.

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']The coupon section doesn't apply to the SYWR points does it?[/QUOTE]
No, although if on your receipt it doesn't show the bonus points, I'd ask questions at Customer Service.

We just have to hope that Josh makes sure all the bonus points deals are in the ads, in case something does go wrong.

I think people fail to understand that Josh has little control when it comes to employees not giving a shit about their job, lying about not having something in stock 'cause they're too lazy to find it, or even managers informing their employees or themselves about what's going on. Sure Josh can send memos and whatnot for them to read, but a manager can just not care and not read it.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Dragon Age 2 $30 Coupon

Make it happen. :][/QUOTE]
Even IF Josh could pull off a $30 deal, it's not going to be a coupon.

You're looking at more like $20/25 in SYWR points.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Works with CE's as well, and it has asked alot in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. But like I said I looked through and could not find anything about it.

Question: What's gonna happen if I try to buy LittleBigPlanet2 with God of War 3?

LBP2 is offering 50% off another $59.99 game. God of War is normally $59.99, but it on sale for $39.98 with the God of War Collection.

I'm gonna assume there's no stacking between the two deals, right?

[quote name='Beatofficer']I think people fail to understand that Josh has little control when it comes to employees not giving a shit about their job, lying about not having something in stock 'cause they're too lazy to find it, or even managers informing their employees or themselves about what's going on. Sure Josh can send memos and whatnot for them to read, but a manager can just not care and not read it.[/QUOTE]

there has been countless times when i use to work at ace hardware back in the 90's and i was in charge of the paint dept, i would do a weekly stock count, i would tell my supervisor/manager that these counts are always wrong even after i triple check and change the count on the computer

SHC can only do so much, there are thousands of employees that basically ignore memos/emails/tasks/etc...even simple orders like checking stock on a computer over the phone....if they treat customers like this....how do you think they will treat managment???...SHC's hard work is basically being un done by the instore employees

great the blog says purchase Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 for $59.99 and get 50% off. But since ME2 is $45 the kmart reps will just deny it. Looks like there is no point in going back tomorrow. I wish the offers were applicable online too

[quote name='esq373']great the blog says purchase Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 for $59.99 and get 50% off. But since ME2 is $45 the kmart reps will just deny it. Looks like there is no point in going back tomorrow. I wish the offers were applicable online too[/QUOTE]
Really? REALLY?

Josh has said countless times that it would still work with ME on sale this week.

I know, and I'm not sure why it didn't ring up properly. There's a myriad of possibilities.

However, simply dismissing the validity of the promo based off ME2 being on sale this week is asinine. That's especially true when the person responsible for the promo has said it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back