Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xZOMBIEx']HA HA HA HA!!! I saw just a couple of post's of people saying they were able to get Dead Space 2 for like $39 or less, and I thought it was a special price for it and I went there just like 90 mins ago to get COD Black Ops for the 360 w/1600 point card for free for the $47 and Dead Space 2 for the $39 or whatever "low" price it was. Well DS2 rang up at the normal $60 price, but it said something about BOGO 1/2 off or that it was a part of it, and of course when they rang up COD it would still be the $47 and neither were adjusting or going lower.

So the guy thought and said it was because I/they couldn't stack two specials since COD came with the free point card as well as the on sale price, however I wasn't buying that. I then asked if he could ring up another regular priced game to see if that was it and of course it still didn't lower DS2 or the other game which was Force Unleashed 2 at the reg price. So he thought it was because of the COD special still. So I went and paid for that on its own because I was going to buy that no matter what. Then he rang up just DS2 and FU2 and they both showed like part of a/the BOGO 1/2 off, but he nor anyone else could figure out why it still wouldn't discount at least one of the games? (I nor them knew that you had to get Mass Effect 2 or LBP2 FIRST and then any game after would be 1/2 off)

I then tried to say then it had to be their systems because we tried it different way and even though it was showing the BOGO offer it wasn't discounting them and they looked at the AD and couldn't see anything about the ME2/LBP2 offer (which of course we still knew nothing about) and the manager finally went and agreed to just go ahead and give me Dead Space 2 for 1/2 off since I already paid for COD Black Ops. She was going to try and credit back COD and then put them on the same receipt, but because of the point card being free and possibly screwing things up even more, she just did DS2 by itself for $29.99 + tax which came to like $32 and some change I believe? I even told her that I'd be willing to pay $39.99 for DS2 because that's what I thought the price was for it originally and didn't know about any BOGO offer....

It wasn't until just now that I saw that you had to first get either ME2 or LBP2 and then any game (or any regular priced game) would then be 50% off, lol... But hey, I ain't complaining. I was getting frustrated because how they kept thinking it wasn't doing it because of COD, but even after they tried different games and even making sure they were for the same system, like DS2 for PS3 (cause that's the version I was wanting but I had them first try Unleashed 2 for the 360) and then FU2 on PS3 and or mixing them PS3 version and 360 Version or 360 and 360 versions and nothing would drop either of the prices.... I still stayed cooled down for the most part, so that probably helped with the manager just finally agreeing to go ahead and discount DS2 half off since I already paid for COD...

COD Black Ops w/1600 XBLA Point Card for $47 + tax, and then Dead Space 2 Limited Edition (PS3) for $29 + tax... Can't beat that!!!! I definitely lucked out that they didn't know what the real BOGO offer was because I have no interest (at least not yet) in either ME2 or LBP2 lol.... Not sure if that'll work for others, but it's worth a shot I guess if someone wants to try and go through that and hope the store people don't know what's going on?[/QUOTE]

It's not too cool to gloat and get others to try to trick the system in the thread run by one of the people representing that system. You didn't know about things beforehand so it's nice that you got a deal, but don't tell others to go try and cause problems.

Ah, well, I might call and see if they will price match. I have two five dollar Kmart giftcards I wanted to use, but I guess Sears doesn't accept those either?

You know what, it might be simpler to just pay a CAG to buy and ship the games to me, so I'll do just that. I'd like two of the God of War 3 and God Of War Collection deal- total should be around 80$ plus tax plus shipping plus a small fee for being awesome. I can offer Amazon credit or Paypal, and I will offer you to use the 10$ in giftcards I have.

PM me if anyone can do this for me. I would be extremely grateful and leave feedback and whatnot. :) Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Fearbeard']It's not too cool to gloat and get others to try to trick the system in the thread run by one of the people representing that system. You didn't know about things beforehand so it's nice that you got a deal, but don't tell others to go try and cause problems.[/QUOTE]
He sets precedence for more people to not know things and come out ahead. :|

[quote name='ludwigfrech']Hey Josh, you should check that out, when i went to buy Mass effect and Dead Space 2 both of them had an ad showing Buy one get 50% off on an other 60$ game... that is very missleading and should generate some probles and of course overrides:error:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I feel you but technically every $59.99 game is an eligible pair with ME2 and LBP2 so they come up as part of a download. At least I know it is working. I could see how it could be confusing......not sure of a way around it.

Hey Josh, have you confirmed the KH ReCoded deal to be working? When I hit up Kmart on Friday, I might pick up a copy of it for a friend (although knowing the one I'm going to, it's going to be highly unlikely), and just want to make sure it's working.

[quote name='Altanis']Hey Josh, have you confirmed the KH ReCoded deal to be working? When I hit up Kmart on Friday, I might pick up a copy of it for a friend (although knowing the one I'm going to, it's going to be highly unlikely), and just want to make sure it's working.[/QUOTE]
It does appear the KH Recoded is working as planned. Should be good to go. Actually selling pretty well despite the reviews.

Glad to hear. Now to just hope that the friend I might pick it up for actually wants it.

As for the sales, some series will sell no matter how poor the reviews. Even if every critic destroyed the next Super Mario Bros game, it would still sell millions. Kingdom Hearts isn't that high profile, but it's gonna sell a ton no matter what the reviews say.

Again, thanks for the hard work- and the deals. :D

[quote name='Altanis']Glad to hear. Now to just hope that the friend I might pick it up for actually wants it.

As for the sales, some series will sell no matter how poor the reviews. Even if every critic destroyed the next Super Mario Bros game, it would still sell millions. Kingdom Hearts isn't that high profile, but it's gonna sell a ton no matter what the reviews say.

Again, thanks for the hard work- and the deals. :D[/QUOTE]
You are definitely right.

Thanks for the support, means a lot.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yeah, I feel you but technically every $59.99 game is an eligible pair with ME2 and LBP2 so they come up as part of a download. At least I know it is working. I could see how it could be confusing......not sure of a way around it.[/QUOTE]

I understand and i know that it works perfectly... but the problem comes with the employes and customers who don't know that they have to purchase either LBP2 or MF2 to activate the deal, and when they see a big ad over DS2 pointing B1G150%off they may think that they can pick it up with BO like the dude above... so i think that's the way it could be confusing, for those woh don't know and for those who act like they don't know.

Sorry for my ignorance but, why does DC Universe Online says "Kmartgamer.com bonus offer!"?

Do I need to do something else to get it for $44.99? :cold:

[quote name='feroca']Sorry for my ignorance but, why does DC Universe Online says "Kmartgamer.com bonus offer!"?

Do I need to do something else to get it for $44.99? :cold:[/QUOTE]
Sorry?! You're not sorry so why pretend you are?! OMFG FLIPOUT

I probably just answered this dumb ass question 15 pages back! WHERE WERE YOU DURING THIS??

So yes you need to do something else to get it for $44.99. You need to get a brain :bomb:

WHERE ARE MY MEDS!!!!:whee: :headache:

I've read about 5-6 pages back but didn't see this. I went into the Kmart to get Two Worlds II and they actually had it signed for $39.99! I was amazed because Josh has said that it wasn't advertised anywhere. For them to actually have a sale sign on it was impressive. Want to know what was even more impressive? I turned around to the 360 accessories and both the 1600 and 4000 points cards were FULLY stocked!!!

I don't think I walked into the same Kmart as the one I remember so well.

I was at Kmart today and tried to get Two Worlds II and Mass Effect for $65 it was not working.

Mass Effect 2 was ringing up as $60 still and There was no discount for the B1G1 for two worlds 2.

I left very disappointed. This was Kmart #7749 on 34th street New York,NY

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I was at Kmart today and tried to get Two Worlds II and Mass Effect for $65 it was not working.

Mass Effect 2 was ringing up as $60 still and There was no discount for the B1G1 for two worlds 2.

I left very disappointed. This was Kmart #7749 on 34th street New York,NY[/QUOTE]
Being in NY may be your problem there. Not all deals are valid in NYC.

[quote name='merchie89']hey will best buy price match any of these Kmart deal?[/QUOTE]
I dunno, probably? This isn't a Best Buy thread, so I have no idea.
[quote name='Troutyogurt']I was at Kmart today and tried to get Two Worlds II and Mass Effect for $65 it was not working.

I left very disappointed. This was Kmart #7749 on 34th street New York,NY[/QUOTE]
If I am reading correctly, it did not work because it was not supposed to work. I think people ealier snagged it like that, but it is not supposed to work. And upon looking at your post closer, you are in New York, so that is another reason why.

[quote name='hhhkaraca']I am outside of US. Is there a possibility to buy from outside of US?[/QUOTE]You are asking if you can participate in in-store deals if you can't get to a store? You could ask someone to shop for you, but I doubt anyone will.

[quote name='hhhkaraca']I am outside of US. Is there a possibility to buy from outside of US?[/QUOTE]
Our off shore stores do get the downlaods for Kmart blog promotions. Its only the items featured in the circular where it will be difficult to secure them without having the ad with you (can be found on Kmart.com)

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I dunno, probably? This isn't a Best Buy thread, so I have no idea.

If I am reading correctly, it did not work because it was not supposed to work. I think people ealier snagged it like that, but it is not supposed to work. And upon looking at your post closer, you are in New York, so that is another reason why.[/QUOTE]
The Mass Effect 2 offer for $44.99 is featured in the circular. NYC is a non circular area. To get them to honor it I highly recommend printing off the ad from Kmart.com.

[quote name='merchie89']hey will best buy price match any of these Kmart deal?[/QUOTE]
You probably would have the best of luck on the circular offers. Best Buy only PM's the blog at particular stores and no one will probably PM Two Worlds II since running it as a CAG only special is technically not advertising through an official channel.

[quote name='feroca']Sorry for my ignorance but, why does DC Universe Online says "Kmartgamer.com bonus offer!"?

Do I need to do something else to get it for $44.99? :cold:[/QUOTE]
In that particular blog I was referring to a host of circular offers. I mentioned that this item was mentioned only in the blog just so no one was confused if they pulled up the circular for reference.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You probably would have the best of luck on the circular offers. Best Buy only PM's the blog at particular stores and no one will probably PM Two Worlds II since running it as a CAG only special is technically not advertising through an official channel.[/QUOTE]

Then it makes this picture that much more weird huh? How did they know to print up a sale sign?

img0322qm.jpg

[quote name='IronClaw']Then it makes this picture that much more weird huh? How did they know to print up a sale sign?

img0322qm.jpg
[/QUOTE]
All stores still receive signage for the promotion. This is not considered advertising actually.

Awesome! I was really glad to see it since I thought for sure I'd have a problem getting it for the cheaper price! I'm liking what I'm seeing...stores are starting to respond I believe.

Snatched up Two Worlds II on Sunday without a second thought on that price; actually snagged the last copy. No luck with point cards being in stock on last week's DS2 offer, but that wasn't a huge deal anyway. Thanks again SHC for giving us some awesome deals; I'd be more inclined to pick up every new release if they were priced around $39.99 :)

[quote name='IronClaw']Then it makes this picture that much more weird huh? How did they know to print up a sale sign?

[/QUOTE]

what? why wouldn't it be advertised in the store?

About to start two worlds 2. I was playing that apache air assault finally.. it's really fun, but i love air combat sims. Can be very technical (well at least as technical as a flight sim with dual analog can be)

[quote name='jer7583']what? why wouldn't it be advertised in the store?

About to start two worlds 2. I was playing that apache air assault finally.. it's really fun, but i love air combat sims. Can be very technical (well at least as technical as a flight sim with dual analog can be)[/QUOTE]

Josh just said that that was not considered advertising. I was thrown off simply because this is the first time something has been on "sale" that wasn't in the circular that was signed. Since it was stated that it would not be in the blog nor the circular that surely there wouldn't be a sale sign on the case. Why does me finding it signed seem so weird to you?

[quote name='IronClaw']Josh just said that that was not considered advertising. I was thrown off simply because this is the first time something has been on "sale" that wasn't in the circular that was signed. Since it was stated that it would not be in the blog nor the circular that surely there wouldn't be a sale sign on the case. Why does me finding it signed seem so weird to you?[/QUOTE]
I think Josh meant that it was not advertising because he didnt put anything in his budget or spend any money on the signage. Those little signs are store printed I assume.

I have to go out today and pay bills and would kind of like to get in on the ME2 deal and maybe pickup black ops for the ps3 as well if I knew everything would go smooth. The ad stated dragon age origins ultimate would be 50% off with purchase of ME2 so I would just about pick that game up with it because for $30 seems like a good value from the reviews I've read on the game.

[quote name='wrencrest']I think Josh meant that it was not advertising because he didnt put anything in his budget or spend any money on the signage. Those little signs are store printed I assume.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes I speak in my own terms as I know them as a buyer.

Traditional marketing vehicles would be circular, radio, TV, social media etc. I cannot push a price through a Kmart sponsored channel and break MAP on a title while maintaining publisher support.

I can price/sign anything I want instore. It is actually illegal for a vendor to even comment on pricing in store. You'll see this at Amazon when they say "see price in cart" which is technically their "store" so to speak.

With Two Worlds II, I priced it in store and let people know about through CAG only which is not a marketing channel as we do not pay to be here and have no official relationship with CAG besides our absolute love for the site.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sometimes I speak in my own terms as I know them as a buyer.

Traditional marketing vehicles would be circular, radio, TV, social media etc. I cannot push a price through a Kmart sponsored channel and break MAP on a title.

I can price anything I want instore. It is actually illegal for a vendor to even comment on pricing in store. You'll see this at Amazon when they say "see price in cart" which is technically their "store" so to speak.

With Two Worlds II, I priced it in store and let people know about through CAG only which is not a marketing channel as we do not pay to be here and have no official relationship with CAG besides our absolute love for the site.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the details. I actually knew a lot of what you wrote about already. I was just trying to be as simple as possible I guess for the sake of our audeince (not calling anyone idiots, just sayin' :)). I am in the financial industry and my employer would have to go to regulators first to have any advertising approved prior to putting it out on those channels you just described. However if we were only targeting a select few institutions/clients we can give them more tailored sales material minus gauranteeing a return or something stupid like that.

Sorry for clogging the thread.

I feel bad for you guys with shitty Kmarts, that sale price sign posted above for TW2 is posted for every sale item, blog and circular, at my Kmart first day of the sale. They always have a healthy stock of point cards, never have had the computer not ring up a sale correctly, nor have I ever been hassled with coupons. The only problem I ever run into is occasionally getting someone to electronics but normally someone is there, and usually knowledgeable about sales.

Below is a survey that we are looking for input on that will qualify you to be a potential participant in our Kmartgamer.com reinvention meetings. They will be paid focus groups. You do not have to be local to Chicago.

Have at it! It should take about 20 minutes:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DR2NDFW

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Below is a survey that we are looking for input on that will qualify you to be a potential participant in our Kmartgamer.com reinvention meetings. They will be paid focus groups. You do not have to be local to Chicago.

[URL="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DR2NDFW"]http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DR2NDFW[/URL][/QUOTE]
Done. Took about 5 minutes. But I am fast and to the point.

Maybe this has been covered, and I have been following and reading the thread, but I haven't seen it, so please forgive me if it has been covered (and I will just go look for it again):

Will Black Ops ring up $24 if I purchase it with LBP2? It appears that the same sort of thing has happened for some CAGs when purchasing TW2 with ME2, etc...

Thanks to anyone that may have an answer...and to anyone who doesn't berate me for asking a potentially "stupid" question :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Below is a survey that we are looking for input on that will qualify you to be a potential participant in our Kmartgamer.com reinvention meetings. They will be paid focus groups. You do not have to be local to Chicago.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DR2NDFW[/QUOTE]

Submitted. Took less than 20 minutes. Glad to help out.

Yay!I passed! Took about 10 minutes
Very excited to help out! :lol:

Josh,

Did your team ever come to a conclusion about what to do with Points Cards in NJ?

Just so you know, I saw them on sale at Target and Gamestop in NJ over the weekend.

Awesome. It said I have been selected. Yippie

Done!

[quote name='RallyV']Josh,

Did your team ever come to a conclusion about what to do with Points Cards in NJ?

Just so you know, I saw them on sale at Target and Gamestop in NJ over the weekend.[/QUOTE]
Keep giving me feedback on the cards at competitors. It is not my call, it was done above me. I do not agree with it. In the meantime I am handling NJ purchasers on my own.

[quote name='Altanis']Done![/QUOTE]
Awesome! Thanks for jumping on this guys. Could be epic. If you are chosen, which will not be right away, you'll really get what we are trying to do here. Very different.

thanks josh! what a nice way to let true cager's be part of a great movement. I'm excited to hear what else kmart has in plan for this year :applause:.. reading over the last few pages there sure are alot of people that either don't read the op's first page or simply bash kmart for the lack of support they get in there store? I'm just saying have enough cojones to talk crap on a forum but not enough to call over a manager and complain about certain employees or how you was treated is just stupid to me..

I hope I get chosen. I really do. :pray:

[quote name='medetron']thanks josh! what a nice way to let true cager's be part of a great movement. I'm excited to hear what else kmart has in plan for this year :applause:.. reading over the last few pages there sure are alot of people that either don't read the op's first page or simply bash kmart for the lack of support they get in there store? I'm just saying have enough cojones to talk crap on a forum but not enough to call over a manager and complain about certain employees or how you was treated is just stupid to me..[/QUOTE]
Agreed. When they have to stand face-to-face with the manager, I'm sure that they aren't so willing to shit on the store.

Hope I can help out with this new program. Gonna stay inside today and play two worlds 2.

Any CAGs that picked the game up want to post their gamertags if they're interested in the 4 player co-op quests? I know I am but i don't want to play with some random XBL people.

My gamertag is "JerBeep" just send me a request with CAG in the message or CAG TW2 or something.

[quote name='Altanis']I hope I get chosen. I really do. :pray:

Agreed. When they have to stand face-to-face with the manager, I'm sure that they aren't so willing to shit on the store.[/QUOTE]

i mean seriously, why not tell the person who might actually be able to help you out with an employee/deal instead of coming in here and bashing a person who really isn't in the department of whipping employees into shape? anyways enough with my rant, sorry there altanis that i left you manning the fort by yourself the wife wanted some "quality time" together whatever the hell that means :drool: lol.

p.s. honey if you're reading this i love you! ;)

Awesome!

I got selected and look forward to participating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back