Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Quick Question, I told my roommate about the BOGO and he got Dead Space 2 and some other game (cant remember) and he wants to return the other one (its unopened) anybody know if you can return one of the games if you did a BOGO?[/QUOTE]

How convenient.

You can, but it's going to deduct half the savings.

So if he bought 2 games for $90 total, and he returned the game he bought for $60, he'd only get $45 back.

[quote name='Altanis']You can, but it's going to deduct half the savings.

So if he bought 2 games for $90 total, and he returned the game he bought for $60, he'd only get $45 back.[/QUOTE]

That makes perfect sense, figured it'd be that but I didnt want to give him wrong information since he doesn't really keep up with this kind of stuff.

Also gettinblahblahblah, get a life. There are legit people with legit questions ya'know.

Also, nice to see fellow Tallahassee CAG's [Altanis and er Phenome i think?]. Im a FAMU student though. Maybe I'll see you guys around at Kmart or E-School if any of you are Engineering Students.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The Mass Effect 2 offer for $44.99 is featured in the circular. NYC is a non circular area. To get them to honor it I highly recommend printing off the ad from Kmart.com.[/QUOTE]

I went back again today to the kmart after school. After about 1 hour I just gave up.
I waited in line and I showed the lady in the electronics section the weekly ad online. She took me to customer service to get an override.

I waited in line again at the customer service. He overrides the price of ME2 to $44.99. BUT there was no B1G1 50% off on my second game. He tells me go back to the electronics.

I waited in line AGAIN in electronics to talk to the lady again. She tells me that the B1G1 only applies to Dragon Age UE because thats what was in the Kmart AD. I tell her that on Kmart Gamer that it applies to other PS3 games as well. She didn't care though and told me to take it or leave it.

I really want this but it felt like I was being thrown around back and fourth with nothing getting solved. I was just there earlier in the morning too before you told me to bring a printout of the ad, I just gave up and left. Decided this deal was not worth anymore of my time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']Common Sense question:

What day is Saturday?[/QUOTE]

The op doesnt say what date it ends or how long it runs. Its a legitimate question. Confused me as well.

I seriously doubt it confused anyone except new people in this thread. K-Mart's never run a one-day only deal outside of Holidays & Black Friday. We've been taking advantage of the deals that start Sunday morning and end Saturday night at close for at least seven months now. If you haven't realized that's the pattern.. I don't know what to say.

It following special two week offers in the op is what had made me think it might have been a one day only thing. That and the cag special stuff. I could see how someone might think it was sunday only.

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Quick Question, I told my roommate about the BOGO and he got Dead Space 2 and some other game (cant remember) and he wants to return the other one (its unopened) anybody know if you can return one of the games if you did a BOGO?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How convenient.[/QUOTE]
Translation: "I insincerely apologize in advance for my ignorance and unwillingness to search through the thread for the answer myself. Basically, I want someone to give me an answer to whether or not it is possible to scam Kmart for a recent purchase that I made, which I never intended keep. This is a purely hypothetical question that I've conjured along with a fictitious story that will hopefully fool everyone, and therefore should not implicate me in guilt of any kind. Thank you. "
Just kidding!

My question was never answered, so I'll repost it.

Any chance that the God Of War collection will come back in stock online before the end of the sale with God Of War 3? I'd like to buy this myself if I can and save some cash. :)

[quote name='randomdud']My question was never answered, so I'll repost it.

Any chance that the God Of War collection will come back in stock online before the end of the sale with God Of War 3? I'd like to buy this myself if I can and save some cash. :)[/QUOTE]

There is always a chance. Check on the website until the fifth and if it hasn't come in stock yet, you'll have your answer.

Josh,
Any chance KMart might do some type of deal for all the PSP releases Square Enix just announced in the last week?

March 22- FF Dissidia 2 (can't remember that horrible subtitle)
March 29- The 3rd Birthday (ie Parasite Eve 3)
April 19- FF IV: Complete Edition (remade FF IV and FF IV: The After Years on 1 disk)

Deals for this and Homefront might convince me to get on a coupon/SYWR train for the first time (only deals I've bought from KMart since you started are Alpha Protocol launch, Move launch, and Sly Cooper Collection post Christmas. PM'd NBA Jam in December at BB since I had $20 in BB Reward Certificates at that time.)

[quote name='Altanis']REALLY? We are still to the point of people not being able to spell my name? I promise it's not that hard. Although I do use this name only on a couple places. Pretty hard to screw it up though I thought.

That's the big difference between Josh and I, isn't it? Josh has to be professional, as he is a paid KMart/Sears Co employee. I'm in no way affiliated with them, and thus, I don't have to be professional in any way. It's a great thing really.

It was very big of a person to admit they are a nobody. Well done :D

[quote name='MSUHitman']Josh,
Any chance KMart might do some type of deal for all the PSP releases Square Enix just announced in the last week?

March 22- FF Dissidia 2 (can't remember that horrible subtitle)
March 29- The 3rd Birthday (ie Parasite Eve 3)
April 19- FF IV: Complete Edition (remade FF IV and FF IV: The After Years on 1 disk)

Deals for this and Homefront might convince me to get on a coupon/SYWR train for the first time (only deals I've bought from KMart since you started are Alpha Protocol launch, Move launch, and Sly Cooper Collection post Christmas. PM'd NBA Jam in December at BB since I had $20 in BB Reward Certificates at that time.)[/QUOTE]
Very possible; I had written off the PSP titles initially because they flashed a $39.99 retail initially and I believe that price point is dead in PSP. Now that they have officially dropped it we are back in negotiation.

FFX14, so nervous based on the PC performance but DC Universe Online is doing great from a sales perspective which definitely leads me to believe there is a market out their for console MMO.

[quote name='randomdud']My question was never answered, so I'll repost it.

Any chance that the God Of War collection will come back in stock online before the end of the sale with God Of War 3? I'd like to buy this myself if I can and save some cash. :)[/QUOTE]
Currently our .com business is fulfilled through a third party, it all depends how quickly they can respond to the sales. I am hoping it will come back online as well.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']I went back again today to the kmart after school. After about 1 hour I just gave up.
I waited in line and I showed the lady in the electronics section the weekly ad online. She took me to customer service to get an override.

I waited in line again at the customer service. He overrides the price of ME2 to $44.99. BUT there was no B1G1 50% off on my second game. He tells me go back to the electronics.

I waited in line AGAIN in electronics to talk to the lady again. She tells me that the B1G1 only applies to Dragon Age UE because thats what was in the Kmart AD. I tell her that on Kmart Gamer that it applies to other PS3 games as well. She didn't care though and told me to take it or leave it.

I really want this but it felt like I was being thrown around back and fourth with nothing getting solved. I was just there earlier in the morning too before you told me to bring a printout of the ad, I just gave up and left. Decided this deal was not worth anymore of my time.[/QUOTE]
Hi! I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. You definitely do not have to put yourself through this terrible of an experience if you feel you are not getting any traction. Feel free to shoot me a line (contact info is in the OP) and I can work with you. Generally speaking, if you do not feel you are getting the service from an associate or management that you deserve buy what you can without putting yourself out and I'll take care of the rest.

[quote name='jer7583']The op doesnt say what date it ends or how long it runs. Its a legitimate question. Confused me as well.[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that, I totally understand the confusion, just used to doing it a certain way. I updated the deal FAQ that puts the general rule in there.

[quote name='Altanis']Oh I know, I was just comparing the two programs. It's really comparing Apples and Oranges though, since BB is just selling electronics, whereas Kmart pretty much sells everything.

And same here on the waiting thing. Stuff I purchased on I believe New Years Day is still pending on my BB RZ account. Something I bought January 21 at 11am was ready to be used on my account at 11:01am.[/QUOTE]

Tool alert.

Did you forget that BB Gamer's Club offers $10 back for every $150 spent on video games and those purchase also stack with the $5 spent on every $250 in base RZ points?

That means $300 on video game purchases would net you $20 from Gamer's club and $5 from the RZ club for a total of $25 whereas the same purchase at Kmart would net you..... $3 in SYWR. Not exactly the same is it?

The only thing I wish that Kmart would improve on is stock.... It feels like as soon as an item sells out... it's out for good and may take weeks or months to get that inventory back, and obviously the sale will have come and gone by then.

When BB had RDR Undead Nightmare for $20 they must of had over 100 copies, and I live in a tiny market. I was in line behind a guy who had ten copies per system (obvious reseller) and I was pissed because that was everything they had in stock and it was only Monday. I came back the next day and everything was replenished.

Conversely, when josh ran his sale on RDR UN they had six copies for the entire week; and I still have yet to see new copies come in... that is where I get discouraged

[quote name='GBAstar']The only thing I wish that Kmart would improve on is stock.... It feels like as soon as an item sells out... it's out for good and may take weeks or months to get that inventory back, and obviously the sale will have come and gone by then.

When BB had RDR Undead Nightmare for $20 they must of had over 100 copies, and I live in a tiny market. I was in line behind a guy who had ten copies per system (obvious reseller) and I was pissed because that was everything they had in stock and it was only Monday. I came back the next day and everything was replenished.

Conversely, when josh ran his sale on RDR UN they had six copies for the entire week; and I still have yet to see new copies come in... that is where I get discouraged[/QUOTE]
Totally agree, definitely part of the "growing pains" so to speak.

[quote name='GBAstar']Tool alert.

Did you forget that BB Gamer's Club offers $10 back for every $150 spent on video games and those purchase also stack with the $5 spent on every $250 in base RZ points?

That means $300 on video game purchases would net you $20 from Gamer's club and $5 from the RZ club for a total of $25 whereas the same purchase at Kmart would net you..... $3 in SYWR. Not exactly the same is it?[/QUOTE]
I think from a Base perspective you are totally right however whereas every day items like Milk, detergent etc. definitely provide a value that BB cannot touch.

However, what I do like about SYWR is that it is very event driven. They are constantly hitting the promotional lever consistently that brings up up the Base valuation in my mind.

I definitely do not control the program but I do think it can provide some added value and I would love to have a specific gaming SYWR club in the future.

So, any idea when the giftcards are being sent out for the Dead Space 2 fiasco? I emailed you on the first day of the deal, and I got a reply back, but I didn't exactly get an email or notice confirming that I'll be getting a giftcard.

[quote name='MrHellFire']So, any idea when the giftcards are being sent out for the Dead Space 2 fiasco? I emailed you on the first day of the deal, and I got a reply back, but I didn't exactly get an email or notice confirming that I'll be getting a giftcard.[/QUOTE]
I will always send a confirmation; would you mind just shooting me your last email again so I can look up your name real quick to make sure everything is cool and being processed. Sorry about that. Everyone who contacted me by Thursday, those gift cards have already shipped out. Friday though the weekend was yesterday.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Snowpacolypse has shut down everything out here; never seen anything like it actually.[/QUOTE]

At least it had pretty much every business in the city closed last night...meaning I had no reason not to crack into Dead Space 2, which is amazing.

I haven't actually been in the office all week so far. Kind of getting tired of working from home. ha! This storm was amazing and huge. There is like 3-4 inches of pure ice on my driveway.

[quote name='IronClaw']I haven't actually been in the office all week so far. Kind of getting tired of working from home. ha! This storm was amazing and huge. There is like 3-4 inches of pure ice on my driveway.[/QUOTE]

holy crap!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Snowpacolypse has shut down everything out here; never seen anything like it actually.[/QUOTE]

I am in the Chicago land area and it is crazy. Some jackass decided to go for a drive last night and got stuck in the middle of the road right in front of my house. The car is buried this morning and plows can't clear my street. Bravo jackass. :applause:

No trip to K-Mart today for my DC Universe.

[quote name='Bamjoe']I am in the Chicago land area and it is crazy. Some jackass decided to go for a drive last night and got stuck in the middle of the road right in front of my house. The car is buried this morning and plows can't clear my street. Bravo jackass. :applause:

No trip to K-Mart today for my DC Universe.[/QUOTE]
It is so nuts; the Lake Shore closure last night was legendary. They are still towing cars!

The sales in the midwest will definitely be affected by the storm; sucks.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is so nuts; the Lake Shore closure last night was legendary. They are still towing cars!

The sales in the midwest will definitely be affected by the storm; sucks.[/QUOTE]

There are many times that I miss living in Chicago -- this is not one of them! :roll:

I was going to hit Kmart in Bloomingdale this morning but after digging the 3ft snow drift out from the patio door I looked at the garage door and the snowdrift there was almost 6ft plus the driveway. I went sledding with the kids instead, Two Worlds can wait another day.

looks like josh is snowed in at home too! go make some hot chocolate and spend some time with SHC-Baby and SHC-Wife!

[quote name='jer7583']looks like josh is snowed in at home too! go make some hot chocolate and spend some time with SHC-Baby and SHC-Wife![/QUOTE]
Enjoying every minute of it :)

Josh, will Kmart have the Epic edition of Bulletstorm? I can't tell if it's a regular first run "limited edition" that EA has been doing for Medal of Honor, Need for Speed, etc or if you actually have to pre-order it before a certain date like the Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition.

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I looked back 5 or so pages and didn't see an answer. Thanks

[quote name='spree4567']Josh, will Kmart have the Epic edition of Bulletstorm? I can't tell if it's a regular first run "limited edition" that EA has been doing for Medal of Honor, Need for Speed, etc or if you actually have to pre-order it before a certain date like the Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition.

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I looked back 5 or so pages and didn't see an answer. Thanks[/QUOTE]
We will; it's just like the Medal of Honor or NFS HP launches.

[quote name='spree4567']Josh, will Kmart have the Epic edition of Bulletstorm? I can't tell if it's a regular first run "limited edition" that EA has been doing for Medal of Honor, Need for Speed, etc or if you actually have to pre-order it before a certain date like the Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition.

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I looked back 5 or so pages and didn't see an answer. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I believe it was a bit further back than 5 pages, more like 20 or so. Yes, I think the only edition they are getting is epic edition so that means the Gears of War 3 beta invite should be inside.

I had a good experience last night, although it didn't start that way.

I get to KMart and the electronic door is broken. Really, KMart? I understand things break, but it was just so . . . Kmart.

Anyway, I went back to the electronics section. DCUO was in the case, but I couldn't find ME2, so I asked. They had put both LBP2 and ME2 in the front electronics case for easy access and to promote the B1G50% offer. So I grabbed ME2 and DCUO, both sales rang up flawlessly, and I was out the door in probably record time. I also brought my girl, and had her do some shopping she would normally do at WalMart or Target. So good stuff.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Very possible; I had written off the PSP titles initially because they flashed a $39.99 retail initially and I believe that price point is dead in PSP. Now that they have officially dropped it we are back in negotiation.

FFX14, so nervous based on the PC performance but DC Universe Online is doing great from a sales perspective which definitely leads me to believe there is a market out their for console MMO.[/QUOTE]

No Final Fantasy 4, as in Final Fantasy 2 from the SNES. It's being ported to the PSP with improved graphics and it's including for the first time on disk the sequel starring Cecil and Rosa's son.

I'm actually interested in that title and most of SE's PSP RPGs. I'm a sucker for them. Tactics Ogre is going to be AWESOME. I hope it works on my PSPgo when I rip the UMD version to play off mem stick.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hi! I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. You definitely do not have to put yourself through this terrible of an experience if you feel you are not getting any traction. Feel free to shoot me a line (contact info is in the OP) and I can work with you. Generally speaking, if you do not feel you are getting the service from an associate or management that you deserve buy what you can without putting yourself out and I'll take care of the rest.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will do that

Snowed in here in the Rockford area too. Finally got done shoveling my ridiculously oversized driveway after 2 straight hours (that's with 2 people doing it). Good news is no work last night so I got to relax and watch it all pile up.

Sorry to anyone stuck in it but wtf were they thinking? Hopefully if they don't die they at least learn a lesson!

I'm enjoying my sunny, 50 degree weather, should be 60 today. I haven't seen snow in person in about 10 years. :(

I think I'm going to goto my Kmart today and pick up Two Worlds 2, I've been reading a lot on it, even though I wouldn't get to play it for probably a few weeks since I need to finish my Insanity run in ME2 and need to play Dead Space (Beat it on Xbox 360 before I sold it, want to refresh my memory before I start the second) then start the second one as I won't be getting a new game 'till March 8th.

I'm putting my chances of my Kmart having it at about 10% though, since when I bought Dead Space 2, they had about 5 copies of Two Worlds 2 on the shelf.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Sorry to anyone stuck in it but wtf were they thinking? Hopefully if they don't die they at least learn a lesson![/QUOTE]
It's customers who were trying to get to Kmart who feel compelled to e-mail Josh to complain. "Where does it say in the OP not to drive in the snow for these deals?"

[quote name='Altanis']:D Sorry everyone that's snowed in. I had to rub it in that I'm in short sleeves today.[/QUOTE]

No shorts? You gotta have the shorts on when the weather is nice!:bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back