Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Beatofficer']No shorts? You gotta have the shorts on when the weather is nice!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
It's 66, not 86. I don't wear shorts when it's 66 and windy.

[quote name='salty tbone']Congrats to those who are warm and smug. Just don't expect sympathy during hurricane season. :D[/QUOTE]
These types of comments I never get. You got some snow (yes, I watch the weather channel and know you got a lot). It'll be gone in a few days. At worst, a few dumbshits will wreck their cars and the like. A few people might die.

A hurricane is nothing like that. Have you ever been in a hurricane?

[quote name='sadboy']It's customers who were trying to get to Kmart who feel compelled to e-mail Josh to complain. "Where does it say in the OP not to drive in the snow for these deals?"[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the post: "I dug out 20 feet of snow to get to my car, then I had to dig another 10 feet to get out of my driveway, which took me two hours to do! THEN I DROVE TO KMART AND GOT STUCK SEVERAL TIMES AND THEY DID NOT HAVE THE GAME I WAS LOOKING FOR, JOSH I HOPE YOU CAN FIX THIS 'CAUSE MY TIME IS VERY VALUABLE!!!!11":bomb:

[quote name='salty tbone']Congrats to those who are warm and smug. Just don't expect sympathy during hurricane season. :D[/QUOTE]

California doesn't get a hurricane season. :p Only thing we worry about is... well.. in Sacramento nothing.
images

[quote name='Altanis']:D Sorry everyone that's snowed in. I had to rub it in that I'm in short sleeves today.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is snowed in, there are those of us who are iced in. Way worse, we have a tree in the backyard that's leaning a bit too much for my liking.

Unfortunately I live less than a mile from work and I get to come in when other call off. On the plus side while I'm out I can make a stop off at Kmart. :)

[quote name='Altanis']It's 66, not 86. I don't wear shorts when it's 66 and windy.

These types of comments I never get. You got some snow (yes, I watch the weather channel and know you got a lot). It'll be gone in a few days. At worst, a few dumbshits will wreck their cars and the like. A few people might die.

A hurricane is nothing like that. Have you ever been in a hurricane?[/QUOTE]
Its called jealousy. And really, they get to take off from work and/or school with no reprecussions (sp?). And if lucky enough to have power, have no issues other than being "stuck at home" for a day or two. Ohh boo hoo! Of course I kid and it sucks, but still, to wish people get hit by a hurricane..that is just wrong...way wrong.

Someone missed the smiley face. And yes, I have been in a hurricane. Numerous times. There are certain people here who are real tough guys, but then certainly show thin skin at the slightest perceived slight.

[quote name='natiev']Not everyone is snowed in, there are those of us who are iced in. Way worse, we have a tree in the backyard that's leaning a bit too much for my liking.

Unfortunately I live less than a mile from work and I get to come in when other call off. On the plus side while I'm out I can make a stop off at Kmart. :)[/QUOTE]
Ice is fun. Last year during the Florida Freeze we got almost 3/4 an inch of snow where I lived. First time my town ever recorded snow. We also had ice hanging from everything. My neighbor's something-or-other tree in his yard lost a bunch of branches because the ice tore them off.

[quote name='salty tbone']Someone missed the smiley face. And yes, I have been in a hurricane. Numerous times. There are certain people here who are real tough guys, but then certainly show thin skin at the slightest perceived slight.[/QUOTE]
It's not showing thin skin. It's wondering why the hell someone would wish anyone got hit by a hurricane.

We get that you're jealous of us having great weather right now while yours sucks. But really, joking about us getting hit by a hurricane is pretty shitty.

Yes, I am jealous. Which is why I moved out of Florida. And of course I hope Florida gets hit with a hurricane, since half my family still lives in Florida. :roll:

I guess it wasn't a good joke, but man you guys are wound pretty tight.

[quote name='salty tbone']Yes, I am jealous. Which is why I moved out of Florida. And of course I hope Florida gets hit with a hurricane, since half my family still lives in Florida. :roll:

I guess it wasn't a good joke, but man you guys are wound pretty tight.[/QUOTE]

Its best to just not deal with that ass. fucking poster child for pro abortion people that one is.

just confirming that if you try and buy both ME2 & LBP2, you'll get the half off of ME2 and not off of LBP2 :( i ended up buying ME2 & DS2 instead for only $75 :D

I've been reading this thread for a while, trying to figure out the deals for a few months, spooling through pages and pages and pages of posts. So I post this for any other newbie...(and I know its already been posted before, but just for us hard headed folks who still think we are missing some secret code or handshake to get in on the deal...)

Although everyone said on here no coupons were needed for this deal, I was a little apprehensive about just going to the store and buying it because it was not advertised anywhere. But indeed...here's what I bought last night, it just rang right up without a problem, I didnt have to say anything or do anything special.

This info is actually pulled from my reciept:

BUY MORE AND SAVE
MASS EFFECT BG 44.99
DEAD SPACE 2 BG 59.99
SAVE 50% OFF 30.00-T **** TAX 3.75 BAL 78.73

That just rocks.

If you didn't believe that it would work, when the person who made the deal said it would, I'm not sure what else could be done to make you believe it.

[quote name='Altanis']Tallahassee, FL (32313)
66°F
Current: Partly Cloudy
Wind: N at 7 mph
Humidity: 50%

:D Sorry everyone that's snowed in. I had to rub it in that I'm in short sleeves today.[/QUOTE]

72 here in Virginia. No idea how that works.

And any word on when we can expect March deals? Particularly for that March 6th game...

[quote name='Altanis']If you didn't believe that it would work, when the person who made the deal said it would, I'm not sure what else could be done to make you believe it.[/QUOTE]
Fox Mulder

[quote name='salty tbone']I guess it wasn't a good joke, but man you guys are wound pretty tight.[/QUOTE]
I've heard that can happen when people start to consider a Kmart thread their home.

Thanks man. That was my first post. Nice way to make me feel welcom.
No need to come at me like that when I'm just trying to help out other newbies like myself. When you come into this thread, there 1000's of posts to read through. There are people complaining things dont work, or they didnt get this or that...
I just wanted to confirm for some of us, "Hey, this worked for me."

I dont know the owner of the thread and if he has magic powers over all the Kmarts in the universe. I'm just trying to help out some new people.

[quote name='mwhatim']When you come into this thread, there 1000's of posts to read through. There are people complaining things dont work, or they didnt get this or that...

I dont know the owner of the thread and if he has magic powers over all the Kmarts in the universe. I'm just trying to help out some new people.[/QUOTE]

If you would've bothered reading the first, oh, I don't know, two, then you would know why we're acting the way we are. Josh MADE the deal. He told us it would work. If it doesn't work, he fixes it and makes it work.

[quote name='mwhatim']Thanks man. That was my first post. Nice way to make me feel welcom.
No need to come at me like that when I'm just trying to help out other newbies like myself. When you come into this thread, there 1000's of posts to read through. There are people complaining things dont work, or they didnt get this or that...

I dont know the owner of the thread and if he has magic powers over all the Kmarts in the universe. I'm just trying to help out some new people.[/QUOTE]
Just ignore him. He'll probably flip out and be banned soon enough. This thread is full of douche bags.

My local (not so much :p ) Kmart had copies of Two Worlds 2 and I was able to get one. Thanks for the deals!

i apologize in advance, but i've skimmed a few pages regarding the MS2 + DS2 = $78 deal, and i didn't find an answer. is there any way to make this deal work online? or is this just an in-store only thing?

i ask because the only K Mart in my vicinity is waaay out of the way, and, to be honest, very skeevy.

edit: i'm sorry, i just saw that it's in-store only.

Two Worlds 2 is not a perfect game but i love it

The first area you explore is like a savannah and you go out and cast fire spells on ostriches. Not like "fantasy ostrich with 3 heads" just a plain old ostrich. Weird. I ran around hunting shit for like a half hour and had fun doing that. A weird game.

[quote name='jer7583']Two Worlds 2 is not a perfect game but i love it

The first area you explore is like a savannah and you go out and cast fire spells on ostriches. Not like "fantasy ostrich with 3 heads" just a plain old ostrich. Weird. I ran around hunting shit for like a half hour and had fun doing that. A weird game.[/QUOTE]

Haven't opened my copy yet, still busy playing through ME2. I was a little apprehensive buying a game I knew pretty much nothing about but when ME2 and TW2 rang up for 69 total for two brand new games I couldn't resist.

I decided to look it up once I got home and saw the "Shitstorm" spell and all the crazy spells and things you could do. Plus some high recommendations on neogaf put me over the edge towards keeping it. Thanks to our Kmart Overlords please bless us with more great deals.

[quote name='mwhatim']I've been reading this thread for a while, trying to figure out the deals for a few months, spooling through pages and pages and pages of posts. So I post this for any other newbie...(and I know its already been posted before, but just for us hard headed folks who still think we are missing some secret code or handshake to get in on the deal...)

Although everyone said on here no coupons were needed for this deal, I was a little apprehensive about just going to the store and buying it because it was not advertised anywhere. But indeed...here's what I bought last night, it just rang right up without a problem, I didnt have to say anything or do anything special.

This info is actually pulled from my reciept:

BUY MORE AND SAVE
MASS EFFECT BG 44.99
DEAD SPACE 2 BG 59.99
SAVE 50% OFF 30.00-T **** TAX 3.75 BAL 78.73

That just rocks.[/QUOTE]
Awesome dude! Good to hear.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No Final Fantasy 4, as in Final Fantasy 2 from the SNES. It's being ported to the PSP with improved graphics and it's including for the first time on disk the sequel starring Cecil and Rosa's son.[/QUOTE]
Ah! Sorry about that yes, that will be a definite buy for us.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically): .[/QUOTE]

Does this mean 2 per customer per game? or 2 per customer per transaction? or just 2 per customer for the entire month regardless of what games they choose and when they buy them?

[quote name='Scorch']If you would've bothered reading the first, oh, I don't know, two, then you would know why we're acting the way we are. Josh MADE the deal. He told us it would work. If it doesn't work, he fixes it and makes it work.[/QUOTE]
Bingo.

The "owner" of the thread even says who he is in one of the first posts. It's pretty damn clear he has at least some pull in Kmart ;).

[quote name='rko6119']Does this mean 2 per customer per game? or 2 per customer per transaction? or just 2 per customer for the entire month regardless of what games they choose and when they buy them?[/QUOTE]
It means that per customer your card will only provide bonuses for up to two copies of the title that is being promoted.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It means that per customer your card will only provide bonuses for up to two copies of the title that is being promoted.[/QUOTE]

thanks, thats more clear. So i could buy 2 copies of Bulletstorm and recieve 40,000 points and then later on buy 2 copies of killzone 3 and recieve 40,000 more, correct?

[quote name='rko6119']thanks, thats more clear. So i could buy 2 copies of Bulletstorm and recieve 40,000 points and then later on buy 2 copies of killzone 3 and recieve 40,000 more, correct?[/QUOTE]
You are correct, yes it Limit 2 per promotion, not for the entire month.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It means that per customer your card will only provide bonuses for up to two copies of the title that is being promoted.[/QUOTE]
Question, how will that work for Pokemon Black & White (assuming the SYWR promo is accepted, of course)?

Would it be that you can buy 2 copies of Black and 2 copies or White, or is it 2 copies total?

[quote name='Altanis']Question, how will that work for Pokemon Black & White (assuming the SYWR promo is accepted, of course)?

Would it be that you can buy 2 copies of Black and 2 copies or White, or is it 2 copies total?[/QUOTE]
It would be two of each color if approved. :)

That. Is. Awesome. Hope it's approved :pray:

Now, will those games be available that Sunday, or is it another of Nintendo's "we'll ship them out Sunday, but we can't guarantee when you're gonna get them, but we'll tell you Wednesday" deals?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You are correct, yes it Limit 2 per promotion, not for the entire month.[/QUOTE]

How about cross console? If I want a couple MvC3 for PS3 and 360 do I get points for all of them? I know that in the past the coupons for the same title but different platform had the same barcode so curious how this one will work.

[quote name='Altanis']That. Is. Awesome. Hope it's approved :pray:

Now, will those games be available that Sunday, or is it another of Nintendo's "we'll ship them out Sunday, but we can't guarantee when you're gonna get them, but we'll tell you Wednesday" deals?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you, but all of Nintendo's Sunday releases have always in stores Sunday for me.

[quote name='Arakias']How about cross console? If I want a couple MvC3 for PS3 and 360 do I get points for all of them? I know that in the past the coupons for the same title but different platform had the same barcode so curious how this one will work.[/QUOTE]

don't think that would work, its 2 per game not per platform unless I'm wrong.. that should put a stop to all those damn resellers out there and its a good start in my opinion. also josh, might want to take it up a notch like " tie-in" a phone number to an account. so if they try to get a new card with different information they will need to provide a different number, just a thought :)

[quote name='o_O']I don't know about you, but all of Nintendo's Sunday releases have always in stores Sunday for me.[/QUOTE]
I asked Josh whether the dates for Mario Sports Mix and DQ6 were correct, since the release on a Sunday and the dates in the OP are Wednesdays. He said Nintendo was shipping them out to the stores on Monday.

That is why I asked. I wanted to be clear whether I could go the 6th and pick them up (another case of telling the half-baked 16 year old working Sunday mornings that games CAN come out on Sunday, I'm sure), or if I would be better off waiting.

Awesome, got two worlds 2, if anyone in the Sacramento area is going to get in on this deal the sunrise kmart has about 3 left on ps3 and one left on 360 as of 3pm today.

[quote name='Altanis']I asked Josh whether the dates for Mario Sports Mix and DQ6 were correct, since the release on a Sunday and the dates in the OP are Wednesdays. He said Nintendo was shipping them out to the stores on Monday.

That is why I asked. I wanted to be clear whether I could go the 6th and pick them up (another case of telling the half-baked 16 year old working Sunday mornings that games CAN come out on Sunday, I'm sure), or if I would be better off waiting.[/QUOTE]

The release dates for Mario Sports Mix and DQVI are listed by Nintendo as Monday.

High profile Sunday launches are always in stores on Sunday, ever since they started doing it with Diamond and Pearl.

[quote name='o_O']The release dates for Mario Sports Mix and DQVI are listed by Nintendo as Monday.

High profile Sunday launches are always in stores on Sunday, ever since they started doing it with Diamond and Pearl.[/QUOTE]

In stores? Yes

On the shelf? Probably not if history tells us anything.

[quote name='o_O']The release dates for Mario Sports Mix and DQVI are listed by Nintendo as Monday.[/QUOTE]
This really does not change anything. Josh still said that Nintendo said they were shipping the games out that Monday, which is why the date listed is Wednesday. I'm sure if you looked you can find the post I'm talking about.

[quote name='o_O']High profile Sunday launches are always in stores on Sunday, ever since they started doing it with Diamond and Pearl.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:
Have you ever been to a Kmart? Employees refuse to believe that games can come out on a Sunday. Tuesday = release day, pretty much no matter what. Other stores? Sure, they can get them out on time. Try that at Kmart. The poll pretty much spoke for itself, over 60% of people had issues getting things on release day- and the vast majority of problems are on Tuesday releases (based off what people reported). Try asking about Sunday or Monday releases (granted, there's only been about 3-4 with deals) and you'll get a much higher number.

When I tried to get SMAS for the Wii the Sunday it released, the aforementioned half-baked 16 year old working refused to believe that it came out on a Sunday, stating that "games only come out on Tuesday" until I showed him the nearly half-page ad with SMAS listed as releasing that Sunday.

[quote name='chriscolbert']In stores? Yes

On the shelf? Probably not if history tells us anything.[/QUOTE]
In stores at Kmart? Variable. Some yes, some no.
On the shelf? Oh hell no.

I don't know much about the Sears rewards, so pardon my dumb question, but can you let me know if I understand this right? You basically get a $25 gift card with MVC3, usable on Killzone 3, which itself would come with a new $20 gift card? If so, that is easily the best deal so far.

Pretty much, although please don't call them a gift card.

Anyone can use a gift card that someone has bought. The SYWR points can ONLY be used by the account that earned them.

Altanis do you know if i can get lbp2 and me 2 for $75? do i have to do some tricks like getting the cashier to scan me2 first or something stupid like that?

[quote name='VaultDweller']Altanis do you know if i can get lbp2 and me 2 for $75? do i have to do some tricks like getting the cashier to scan me2 first or something stupid like that?[/QUOTE]

yes it would work. doesnt matter how they scan it....

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Ah! Sorry about that yes, that will be a definite buy for us.[/QUOTE]

Hey Josh. Been a long time since I posted, but I hopped off the train beginning of January cause the local game case is pretty much a ****storm (hard to find anything on release day, or anything older a week), and I knew I didn't really like anything coming out.

That being said, why no go on Tactics Ogre? Is that a niche market?

Also, while I understand the need to hide Kmart offers for fear of being matched or undercut, have you done a CBA against the loss of revenue for people pre-ordering elsewhere due to lack of information / doubt if you can beat a competitor?

For example, I pre-ordered MvC3 at a competitor for fear of a deal not being able to be matched. Same goes for Dragon age 2, DC online, and lbp2.

just food for thought.

Picked up Two Worlds II, today. Thanks for the great deal! (The sales associate who rang me reminded me to come to CAG to get the DLC code.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back