Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EYEL1NER']Josh, is there anyway that when the selection for the focus group is finished, you could notify us or post it in the thread? I would just like to know when the selection is over, so I can stop asking my wife when I get home if anyone called for me.[/QUOTE]
Of course!

Josh I emailed you yesterday about the deal on test drive not working for me, I still bought the game with the psp version, didn't get the points or the discount off the psp game. Kmart ftw

I just updated my SYWR card. I had logged on and had a card well before these deals started since i have my car worked on at sears, and that adds up.

It did ask what i wanted to subscribe to, so i just decided to mark kmart, sears, and Sears PR. I had no problems back with COD:BlOp, but hopefully I have things on my end good to go for MvC3.

[quote name='aznhero913']Get your nomination for CAG community award in for Josh guys.

Don't forget about nominating KMart for best B&M deal too.[/QUOTE]
Whether he's paid for it or not, my vote goes to Josh for CAG of the year!

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah I wasn't even thinking about that because I figured everyone saw that. I was referring to the 360/PS3 TDU2 points people were not getting. Of course it could be for the same reason (even though it shouldn't have been) and everything will work fine today.[/QUOTE]

I rang a guy up yesterday for TDU2 and it worked just fine giving him his bonus points.

[quote name='aznhero913']Get your nomination for CAG community award in for Josh guys.

Don't forget about nominating KMart for best B&M deal too.[/QUOTE]Done. ;) I've been waiting to nominate both Josh & KMart for those categories for months now.

[quote name='Vigilante']Done. ;) I've been waiting to nominate both Josh & KMart for those categories for months now.[/QUOTE]
Awwww, shucks guys.

[quote name='kitm9891']I rang a guy up yesterday for TDU2 and it worked just fine giving him his bonus points.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for that! You've just done what SYWR's hasn't been able to tell me for the past 24 hours.

[quote name='Scorch']is the focus group random? do we sign up to be considered somewhere?[/QUOTE]You have to have taken the survey whose link is posted in the OP in order to be considered for the focus group. I'm not sure if you would be if you took the survey now, as a few CAGs (including myself) have reported getting recent callbacks for additional information, but it couldn't hurt to try!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Thank you for that! You've just done what SYWR's hasn't been able to tell me for the past 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I did sign him up for the SYWR card at the register and made sure to get his email address for the bonus points. At the store level it was announced awhile back that for anyone to get bonus points they either had to have an email address on file or a mobile phone on file with them opting in for text messages, without one or the other then they will only receive the base points for their purchase and not the bonus points.

[quote name='Toomuchboost']Josh I emailed you yesterday about the deal on test drive not working for me, I still bought the game with the psp version, didn't get the points or the discount off the psp game. Kmart ftw[/QUOTE]

Dumb question but you did buy TDU2 for the PS3 and not the 360 correct? The 360 version comes with a free copy of the PC game and the PS3 copy comes with a free copy of it on the PSP.

Lol if you seen the game list id be buying ud say wow. Both of those games are on my list to. Its awesome getting these deals because it locks me into kmart and the ability to get more games a year for myself. Depending what comes out every month I typically buy 5 or more games a month

[quote name='Maynard46']i would love to know what the pending deal is for Dragon Age II and MLB 11 The Show.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kitm9891']No problem. I did sign him up for the SYWR card at the register and made sure to get his email address for the bonus points. At the store level it was announced awhile back that for anyone to get bonus points they either had to have an email address on file or a mobile phone on file with them opting in for text messages, without one or the other then they will only receive the base points for their purchase and not the bonus points.[/QUOTE]
That's what makes it so strange. I do have an email on file, I opted in to receive emails, and I regularly get them from Sears and Kmart. I just got one this morning, in fact.

[quote name='kitm9891']Dumb question but you did buy TDU2 for the PS3 and not the 360 correct? The 360 version comes with a free copy of the PC game and the PS3 copy comes with a free copy of it on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Bought it for the ps3

[quote name='kitm9891']Dumb question but you did buy TDU2 for the PS3 and not the 360 correct? The 360 version comes with a free copy of the PC game and the PS3 copy comes with a free copy of it on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Bought it for the ps3

Yeah everyone go nominate Kmart for retailer of the year and SHC-Gamer for community member of the year!

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah everyone go nominate Kmart for retailer of the year and SHC-Gamer for community member of the year![/QUOTE]
I found it funny that people think I'm paid to do what I do here :)

Kmart benefits without question, but I sure don't outside of enjoying everyone's company!

Nevertheless, I really do appreciate the sentiment.

so far kmart is taking retailer by a landslide.

anyone who nominates gamestop should just get a month ban on principle. lol

Question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me....it regards
Kmart gaming coupons and returns

Kind of long....sorry about this, but I could use some input on it, as I'm trying to plan on my budgeting.

1. I bought (2) copies of AC: Brotherhood intending on giving them as gifts. They have a return date of approximately March 10, 2011.

2. I ended up not give them out as gifts, and thus still have them sealed.

3. What I would like to do is return them both towards the purchase of Killzone 3 (which comes out Feb 22nd) and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (which comes out Feb 15th). So both are well within the return window, no problem there.

NOTE: Now when I bought the games, they were on sale for $50 each. However, I bought each game using gaming coupons. One copy was bought using (2) $20 gaming coupons and the other copy was bought using (1) $20 gaming coupon from previous Kmart purchases.

4. What I would like to do is return each copy and then pay the $10 price difference ($50 for each copy of AC:BH versus $60 for Killzone 3 and MvC3), plus any additional tax, towards the $60 Killzone 3 and the $60 Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Will I have a problem? Does anyone have any experience doing this?

I don't think that I should, becuase I would try and exchange each game for a new game (rather than just returning them and then buying the new games I want to pick up -- if that makes sense) but I would like to know some other CAGs experiences in matters like this --- since I'm sure this is not the first time something like this has come up.

THANKS!!! :bomb:

[quote name='jer7583']anyone who nominates gamestop should just get a month ban on principle. lol[/QUOTE]
I get the impression some people are more easily inclined to pick something on a whim without actually sitting down to think through their answers. I added a reply on who should be nominated in four or five categories.

YMMV on that even exchange.

Some stores will deduct the gaming coupon amount, some will allow you to do an even exchange for the full value ($50)

Can't really say for sure what they will do, it's up to the store. I got lucky with returning a gift for a friend and was able to do an even exchange including the coupon value.

However that was like, 3 days later. This is much later, and those gaming coupons would have expired, so they do have a point, you couldn't have used those coupons on Killzone 3 or MvC3 if you had held onto them.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me....it regards
Kmart gaming coupons and returns

Kind of long....sorry about this, but I could use some input on it, as I'm trying to plan on my budgeting.

1. I bought (2) copies of AC: Brotherhood intending on giving them as gifts. They have a return date of approximately March 10, 2011.

2. I ended up not give them out as gifts, and thus still have them sealed.

3. What I would like to do is return them both towards the purchase of Killzone 3 (which comes out Feb 22nd) and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (which comes out Feb 15th). So both are well within the return window, no problem there.

NOTE: Now when I bought the games, they were on sale for $50 each. However, I bought each game using gaming coupons. One copy was bought using (2) $20 gaming coupons and the other copy was bought using (1) $20 gaming coupon from previous Kmart purchases.

4. What I would like to do is return each copy and then pay the $10 price difference ($50 for each copy of AC:BH versus $60 for Killzone 3 and MvC3), plus any additional tax, towards the $60 Killzone 3 and the $60 Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Will I have a problem? Does anyone have any experience doing this?

I don't think that I should, becuase I would try and exchange each game for a new game (rather than just returning them and then buying the new games I want to pick up -- if that makes sense) but I would like to know some other CAGs experiences in matters like this --- since I'm sure this is not the first time something like this has come up.

THANKS!!! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
That'll work fine.

KZ3 and MvC3 will cost you around 70+ tax.

[quote name='jer7583']YMMV on that even exchange.

Some stores will deduct the gaming coupon amount, some will allow you to do an even exchange for the full value ($50)

Can't really say for sure what they will do, it's up to the store. I got lucky with returning a gift for a friend and was able to do an even exchange including the coupon value.

However that was like, 3 days later. This is much later, and those gaming coupons would have expired, so they do have a point, you couldn't have used those coupons on Killzone 3 or MvC3 if you had held onto them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see your point on that....I figured it would be a YMMV situation.

I guess I'll just have to try it out.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']That'll work fine.

KZ3 and MvC3 will cost you around 70+ tax.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure $70 + tax?

$100 for two copies of AC:B

$60 in coupons used

$120 for MvC3 and Killzone 3

$100 - $60 = $40 towards MvC3 and Killzone 3

Actually looking like $80 plus tax.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']That'll work fine.

KZ3 and MvC3 will cost you around 70+ tax.[/QUOTE]

Come on dude. Now you're just spreading false info. If it was working fine, he'd only have ot pay $10 each plus tax. But if he's out the coupons, it's like $60+10+10 each.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Yeah, I can see your point on that....I figured it would be a YMMV situation.

I guess I'll just have to try it out.

[/QUOTE]

It is completely YMMV. Leaning towards they don't let you do it based on the experiences in this thread.

[quote name='jer7583']$100 for two copies of AC:B

$60 in coupons used

Actually looking like $80 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is the most likely scenario since most everyone who has had a return involving a coupon that was used ends up only getting the difference back.

Did you purchase them together or separately? If you could return one (or both I suppose) next week to get MVC3 at least then you would get the $25 SYWR bonus to put towards KZ3 to help soften the blow.

[quote name='confoosious']It is completely YMMV. Leaning towards they don't let you do it based on the experiences in this thread.[/QUOTE]

To be perfectly honest the stores shouldnt allow this otherwise whats to stop someone from doing this to basically extend the value of their coupons. Considering there are no coupons that would still be active then this really shouldnt be allowed or people would then buy games as placeholders for what they wanted in the future thus ending the entire purpose of the coupons having an expiration date in the first place.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Yeah, I can see your point on that....I figured it would be a YMMV situation.

I guess I'll just have to try it out.[/QUOTE]

i tried doing this but literally on the same day within like 3 minutes from buying the game. the credit card scanner was down and i was trying to use my coupon and rewards points together so i bought it and went to the customer service desk, asked if i could return it and re-buy it adding that i was unable to use my rewards points. she tried like for 5 minutes but it wouldn't let her since i used a coupon and she couldn't refund a coupon or give value to it.. so a big YMMV on this one..

[quote name='kitm9891']To be perfectly honest the stores shouldnt allow this otherwise whats to stop someone from doing this to basically extend the value of their coupons. Considering there are no coupons that would still be active then this really shouldnt be allowed or people would then buy games as placeholders for what they wanted in the future thus ending the entire purpose of the coupons having an expiration date in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[quote name='jer7583']$100 for two copies of AC:B

$60 in coupons used

Actually looking like $80 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I calculated as well..

[quote name='chriscolbert']I agree that this is the most likely scenario since most everyone who has had a return involving a coupon that was used ends up only getting the difference back.

Did you purchase them together or separately? If you could return one (or both I suppose) next week to get MVC3 at least then you would get the $25 SYWR bonus to put towards KZ3 to help soften the blow.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they were purchased on multiple receipts.

I'm actually thinking that my one option might even be to try and exchange w/o a receipt somewhere that will do it. However, that well has basically dried up over the past couple years....

hopefully i can jump back on the "coupon train" at the end of this month with Bulletstorm...too bad the K-Mart 5 minutes away from my house is closing, now I have to go to Peoria :( ...not that it's that far away, it is just that the Washington K-Mart had really awesome employees and were really helpful, i am not for sure about the Peoria store as I only bought one game and some fallout coasters there last year...

The CAG of the year thread is getting interesting. The latest post from someone:

SHC-Gamer is driving business for his company by posting here. He shouldn't qualify in my opinion...

*sigh*

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I found it funny that people think I'm paid to do what I do here :)

Kmart benefits without question, but I sure don't outside of enjoying everyone's company!

Nevertheless, I really do appreciate the sentiment.[/QUOTE]

Can we PM you regarding anticipated MvC 3 SE stock or is that strictly Stock Boy? Thanks.

So yesterday I bought the Super Mario Mix, it didnt work. Which then Josh said it started today. So yesterday I brought the game back back and today I went back to purchase and again it didnt work. Only 500 pts. So then I went to the kmart site, all the email opt ins werent on so I turned them all on. So now I go back to hopefully get my points!

Josh-are new SYWR cards are already opted in when you give an email address or do you have to wait til you can go sign in online, then opt in?

Another question for Josh, or anyone else who knows. So from what I gather coupons are eventually coming back, right? Sounds like the end of March? from reading this thread it sounds like people were abusing the coupons. How were they doing that when the only coupon I ever got was from the ones printed out at the register.

[quote name='confoosious']Come on dude. Now you're just spreading false info. If it was working fine, he'd only have ot pay $10 each plus tax. But if he's out the coupons, it's like $60+10+10 each.

It is completely YMMV. Leaning towards they don't let you do it based on the experiences in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Relax genius. How is it false info? What he described will work perfectly fine. When you return games that you used coupons on, you get the CASH back MINUS the coupons. Working "fine" would NEVER have him only pay $10 each. For someone who spends all their time on this website, they should know that your coupons are lost on returns.

He used 2 $20s on one game = $10 cash back.
He used 1 $20 on one game = $30 cash back.

So that's $40 cash back.

$40 + $20 of his own money = MvC3
$60 of his own money = KZ3.

My math was off by $10 dollars because I was still thinking of $60 dollar games, not $50.

Either way, my information was sound and in the general area of what he expects to pay. It's not YMMV...it's been common knowledge FOREVER that returning games that you bought with coupons = a loss of those coupons.

[quote name='joshdts']Another question for Josh, or anyone else who knows. So from what I gather coupons are eventually coming back, right? Sounds like the end of March? from reading this thread it sounds like people were abusing the coupons. How were they doing that when the only coupon I ever got was from the ones printed out at the register.[/QUOTE]
Probably not best to discuss how people scammed...but when coupons come back, from what I understand, will have unique barcodes or be tied to your SYWR account to prevent scamming.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Relax genius. How is it false info? What he described will work perfectly fine. When you return games that you used coupons on, you get the CASH back MINUS the coupons. Working "fine" would NEVER have him only pay $10 each. For someone who spends all their time on this website, they should know that your coupons are lost on returns.

So that's $40 cash back.

My math was off by $10 dollars because I was still thinking of $60 dollar games, not $50.

Either way, my information was sound and in the general area of what he expects to pay. It's not YMMV...it's been common knowledge FOREVER that returning games that you bought with coupons = a loss of those coupons.[/QUOTE]

That's not what he was asking.

"4. What I would like to do is return each copy and then pay the $10 price difference ($50 for each copy of AC:BH versus $60 for Killzone 3 and MvC3), plus any additional tax, towards the $60 Killzone 3 and the $60 Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Will I have a problem? Does anyone have any experience doing this?"

By telling him his idea would work fine, you were telling him the opposite of what you're saying above and how it would most likely work.

You're either being deliberately obtuse or you're a moron. Either way, you were spreading false info.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Relax genius. How is it false info? What he described will work perfectly fine. When you return games that you used coupons on, you get the CASH back MINUS the coupons. Working "fine" would NEVER have him only pay $10 each. For someone who spends all their time on this website, they should know that your coupons are lost on returns.

So that's $40 cash back.

Either way, my information was sound and in the general area of what he expects to pay. It's not YMMV...it's been common knowledge FOREVER that returning games that you bought with coupons = a loss of those coupons.[/QUOTE]

That's not what he asked though. Everyone understands you can just return unopened games to the store and get what you paid back and that the coupons will just be lost. What he is trying to do is exchange the two games for other games of equal value. That is a huge YMMV as everyone else rightly pointed out, but there have been some stores as noted in this thread where the manager allowed it. So, the answer as the other CAGs noted in their informative answers is maybe it will work, he'll just have to give it a shot. Worst case scenario, he gets what he paid back and loses the coupons.

My Wife just bought me Test Drive 2 but did not bring the PSP version up to the counter. And the Test Drive 2 is opened. Any chance of getting this deal still?

A good writeup.

The core problem with all of the fox news stories about games being so bad are two huge assumptions.

1.That kids are playing these games despite parents best efforts to keep them away.

2. That these games are being made for kids.

Once you remove those two giant assumptions there really isn't any story to tell.

But then, "kids might play a game made for adults if parents buy it for them or don't use parental controls/look at ratings" doesn't make for a very interesting headline, does it?

Well yeah, mostly.

But I figure it's always better to identify exactly what means they use to attempt to push their propaganda on viewers.

Besides, there's no reason for a corporate TV empire built on advertising revenue and viewers to be scared of a medium that has people's TVs tuned away from any commercials for hours per day, right? I've always thought that was a big part of all of the "videogames are bad" stuff from TV news and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back