Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I found it funny that people think I'm paid to do what I do here :)

Kmart benefits without question, but I sure don't outside of enjoying everyone's company!

Nevertheless, I really do appreciate the sentiment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was insulted when the d-bag said I was paid off but meh.....

You're doing a great job Josh. Please don't pay attention to the haters on this thread.

I don't see a best buy, target, amazon, wal-mart rep on here trying to fight and give us CAGers awesome deals and help us if we have any problems obtaining them.

btw Josh, where's my props for being the first one on here to let people know to nominate you and kmart? :cry:

[quote name='aznhero913']btw Josh, where's my props for being the first one on here to let people know to nominate you and kmart? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Really?

so who was the CAG near brookfield, WI who requested MvC3 special edition there?

Glad you did, hoping to grab one of the three they sent there!

I looked at the SYWR FAQ and several pages in this thread... didn't see the answer to a question I have.

My wife asked me to stop in KMart tomorrow morning to pick up some party supplies for my nephew's b-day party this weekend. I want to pick up TDU2 and I was wondering if I could turn right around and use the 10,000 SYWR points to purchase the supplies... or does it take a few days for the 10k points to go into my account?

BTW: My mom is making the cake. It's going to be a couple of sheet cakes cut out to look like an XBox 360. We've got a Big Daddy, a splicer, and a little sister to stand on top. ^_^

I continued to push for more information today on any missing points and they did discover a system issue that they rectified tonight. I'll make sure each person get's their $10 for the TDU II or Mario Sports Mix and even more importantly it looks like MvC3 will be good to go.

[quote name='aznhero913']Yeah I was insulted when the d-bag said I was paid off but meh.....

You're doing a great job Josh. Please don't pay attention to the haters on this thread.

I don't see a best buy, target, amazon, wal-mart rep on here trying to fight and give us CAGers awesome deals and help us if we have any problems obtaining them.

btw Josh, where's my props for being the first one on here to let people know to nominate you and kmart? :cry:[/QUOTE]
Props! :)

[quote name='jer7583']
1.That kids are playing these games despite parents best efforts to keep them away.

2. That these games are being made for kids.

Once you remove those two giant assumptions there really isn't any story to tell.

But then, "kids might play a game made for adults if parents buy it for them or don't use parental controls/look at ratings" doesn't make for a very interesting headline, does it?[/QUOTE]

I see your point, and I generally agree with it. However, does anyone else think that the "Your mom will hate this game" advertisements for Dead Space 2 were troublesome? Adult gamers don't need their moms to buy them games and (I hope) don't live with and play games around their mothers.

Of course, that's a case where the game was perhaps made for adults but was being marketed to kids/teenagers. That entire marketing campaign just seemed dumb at best, but irresponsible at worst. I'm not sure where I see it along that spectrum.

Ugh. Normally I'm better with words, but I've been teaching bratty 7th graders all week and I'm tired and not feeling especially articulate at the moment.

[quote name='joshdts']Another question for Josh, or anyone else who knows. So from what I gather coupons are eventually coming back, right? Sounds like the end of March? from reading this thread it sounds like people were abusing the coupons. How were they doing that when the only coupon I ever got was from the ones printed out at the register.[/QUOTE]
Coupons were being duplicated via email due to the SYWR program and due to them being non unique they were being mass copied. The fix to have one-time use coupons looks to be the end of March. I have coupons planned already for that week that I hope to get finalized within the week.

[quote name='Achilles00']I see your point, and I generally agree with it. However, does anyone else think that the "Your mom will hate this game" advertisements for Dead Space 2 were troublesome? Adult gamers don't need their moms to buy them games and (I hope) don't live with and play games around their mothers.

Of course, that's a case where the game was perhaps made for adults but was being marketed to kids/teenagers. That entire marketing campaign just seemed dumb at best, but irresponsible at worst. I'm not sure where I see it along that spectrum.

Ugh. Normally I'm better with words, but I've been teaching bratty 7th graders all week and I'm tired and not feeling especially articulate at the moment.[/QUOTE]
In retrospect, I feel ya with this one. It could come off that way for sure. I think they meant it a bit differently but it is easy to interpret it as marketing to kids.

[quote name='VaultDweller']how do i get a swm reward card? and what kind of benefits do i get for being a member?[/QUOTE]
Check out the Shop Your Way reward page for a full list of benefits but the base program is 1% cash back on all purchases.

[quote name='joshdts']So yesterday I bought the Super Mario Mix, it didnt work. Which then Josh said it started today. So yesterday I brought the game back back and today I went back to purchase and again it didnt work. Only 500 pts. So then I went to the kmart site, all the email opt ins werent on so I turned them all on. So now I go back to hopefully get my points!

Josh-are new SYWR cards are already opted in when you give an email address or do you have to wait til you can go sign in online, then opt in?[/QUOTE]
I think the SYWR team confirmed they were having an issue with the deal; feel free to shoot me a pic of the receipt and I'll mail out a $15 gift card as a replacement.

[quote name='ucantcme69']The CAG of the year thread is getting interesting. The latest post from someone:

SHC-Gamer is driving business for his company by posting here. He shouldn't qualify in my opinion...

*sigh*[/QUOTE]
As long as you guys are happy with me that's all that matters :)

[quote name='Achilles00']I see your point, and I generally agree with it. However, does anyone else think that the "Your mom will hate this game" advertisements for Dead Space 2 were troublesome? Adult gamers don't need their moms to buy them games and (I hope) don't live with and play games around their mothers.

Ugh. Normally I'm better with words, but I've been teaching bratty 7th graders all week and I'm tired and not feeling especially articulate at the moment.[/QUOTE]

It was an all-around bad move from EA. They should be ashamed for doing anything that even comes close to looking like marketing M rated games to kids, especially considering the government attention the industry is under at this time.

What does opting in consist of? There are the following options: Sears, Kmart, Mygofer, Craftsman, The Great Indoors, Sears PR. I'm assuming I don't need to subscribe to all of these in order to get the deals...

Any info on my situation?

Wife bought me Test Drive Unlimited 2 for the PS3 and didn't know about the deal, either did I until reading this thread and after opening the game.

Can I bring my receipt in to the store?

[quote name='voormis']Any info on my situation?

Wife bought me Test Drive Unlimited 2 for the PS3 and didn't know about the deal, either did I until reading this thread and after opening the game.

Can I bring my receipt in to the store?[/QUOTE]
I'm always willing to help. I haven't been able to dive in to my emails just yet but will definitely work to help out without causing you any more hassle.

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']Didn't get the 15,000 SYW points. Only gave me 500. :/[/QUOTE]
Shoot me a pic of that receipt and I'll make sure you get your $15 dollars.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm always willing to help. I haven't been able to dive in to my emails just yet but will definitely work to help out without causing you any more hassle.[/QUOTE]

I haven't sent an email yet. I didn't know if it would just be something simple to do in store?

Thank you for any info though. I really appreciate it :)

[quote name='jer7583']It was an all-around bad move from EA. They should be ashamed for doing anything that even comes close to looking like marketing M rated games to kids, especially considering the government attention the industry is under at this time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't get the angle on what they were trying to do.

Josh, I went in tonight and got the mario game and got the points! Worked just fine. So either it was opting in or the bug getting fixed that you mentioned.

[quote name='jer7583']It was an all-around bad move from EA. They should be ashamed for doing anything that even comes close to looking like marketing M rated games to kids, especially considering the government attention the industry is under at this time.[/QUOTE]

kinda reminds me of the cigarettes companies posting there ad's at kids eye level saying its not intended for kids lol. that entire campaign had me scratching my head thinking someone actually got paid good money for that crappy campaign. it took back the gaming industry as a serious medium 20 years back in my opinion....

I'm sure this has been asked, but is Kmart going to be carrying the Special Edition of MVC3? And would that come with the SYWR points?

[quote name='joshdts']Josh, I went in tonight and got the mario game and got the points! Worked just fine. So either it was opting in or the bug getting fixed that you mentioned.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear! They were working on the update around 4ish so I'm hoping its already in effect.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I'm sure this has been asked, but is Kmart going to be carrying the Special Edition of MVC3? And would that come with the SYWR points?[/QUOTE]
We will but we only have like 800 for the chain.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I continued to push for more information today on any missing points and they did discover a system issue that they rectified tonight. I'll make sure each person get's their $10 for the TDU II or Mario Sports Mix and even more importantly it looks like MvC3 will be good to go.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update. I caved and put in a request for missing points from the SYWR website for that purchase, so now I'm quite lost as to how this will all play out... I don't suppose I can "cancel" that request, can I? It'll royally make a mess of things if you try to help me only to have them also try to help later as well. Blah.

I think I'll be quite happy when the coupons come back.

No matter what though, I suppose it'll all work out. So would it be safe to open it? It sits there, with its taunting shrinkwrap, begging me to open it. It longs for me, my precious...

Couldn't have put it better. That whole ad campaign was really a turn off, because it fulfilled exactly the stereotypes and fear-mongering pundits push, that adult games are marketed towards teenagers. Because let's be honest, who else is an entire ad campaign around "lolz your parents will like TOTALLY hate this flippin' SWEET game, bro" supposed to appeal to? Spoiler alert: no one with the maturity of an adult.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Thanks for the update. I caved and put in a request for missing points from the SYWR website for that purchase, so now I'm quite lost as to how this will all play out... I don't suppose I can "cancel" that request, can I? It'll royally make a mess of things if you try to help me only to have them also try to help later as well. Blah.

I think I'll be quite happy when the coupons come back.

No matter what though, I suppose it'll all work out. So would it be safe to open it? It sits there, with its taunting shrinkwrap, begging me to open it. It longs for me, my precious...

Couldn't have put it better. That whole ad campaign was really a turn off, because it fulfilled exactly the stereotypes and fear-mongering pundits push, that adult games are marketed towards teenagers. Because let's be honest, who else is an entire ad campaign around "lolz your parents will like TOTALLY hate this flippin' SWEET game, bro" supposed to appeal to? Spoiler alert: no one with the maturity of an adult.[/QUOTE]
Feel free to shoot me the receipt bud and go ahead an open your game :)

Kmart has been great so far with the deals. Sometimes it sucks with some of the hoops we have to jump through to get things corrected but it generally ends up positive. The one thing I would like to see in the future is some type of either preorder system or online preorder system where the site isnt fail. I think if the site was truely redesigned with some sort of a preorder system and these offers also apart of it there would be little anyone could do to compete with kmart

[quote name='ucantcme69']Kmart has been great so far with the deals. Sometimes it sucks with some of the hoops we have to jump through to get things corrected but it generally ends up positive. The one thing I would like to see in the future is some type of either preorder system or online preorder system where the site isnt fail. I think if the site was truely redesigned with some sort of a preorder system and these offers also apart of it there would be little anyone could do to compete with kmart[/QUOTE]
That is definitely the plan :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Feel free to shoot me the receipt bud and go ahead an open your game :)[/QUOTE]
Already did. :) I remembered the OP.

Time to enjoy me some escapism then.

[quote name='Toomuchboost']Josh what If the psp game with the ps3 offer didn't go threw? Any help would be great! Kmart will keep me broke this year![/QUOTE]
I can definitely help! I'm confused though since the PSP deal was actually in the circular.

I sent you a email a on tuesday morning jsut wondering if you got it i bought 2 of each game and didnt recieve the pts
just wondering were that was at or what else i needed to do i sen a pic of reciept to the email listed

[quote name='taccord1986']I sent you a email a on tuesday morning jsut wondering if you got it i bought 2 of each game and didnt recieve the pts
just wondering were that was at or what else i needed to do i sen a pic of reciept to the email listed[/QUOTE]
I'm about to dive in bud; if you don't here back from me by tomorrow afternoon if you don't mind please resend. I'll make sure you are taken care of.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I can definitely help! I'm confused though since the PSP deal was actually in the circular.[/QUOTE]

Well I was on lunch break in NYC so I was in a rush, I sent u a email about it. I didnt get my points either.

[quote name='Toomuchboost']Well I was on lunch break in NYC so I was in a rush, I sent u a email about it. I didnt get my points either.[/QUOTE]
Bingo! NYC is a non circular area and does not participate automatically in circular deals like the free PSP offer. They require being presented with the ad in order to honor it (can be found on Kmart.com). The points are national though. Either way, no worries, we'll get it straightened out.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm more offended by the fact that the ad campaign sucked regardless of who they were marketing it to.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well there is that, too.

I'm sure this has been asked, but do I need to do anything prior to my first SYWR points for them to be activated? I tried signing up online for the card but it said I needed a 16 digit #.

Jeez, so I contact SYWR people and they "fixed" the error but didn't refund my points and said that since Kmart and Sears are the same company, that's why it showed up as points used in Sears, when I didn't use those points at all, I used some points back in November I think it was, but all of these were in December. I'm not sure if these means I'm out on nearly $40 worth of points or not. I tried to explain it better but it just wasn't working. I sent you a forward email Josh of what I sent to them, but yeah, kinda stinks. :(

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Bingo! NYC is a non circular area and does not participate automatically in circular deals like the free PSP offer. They require being presented with the ad in order to honor it (can be found on Kmart.com). The points are national though. Either way, no worries, we'll get it straightened out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I dont really buy there but since I was around I just went in.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Jeez, so I contact SYWR people and they "fixed" the error but didn't refund my points and said that since Kmart and Sears are the same company, that's why it showed up as points used in Sears, when I didn't use those points at all, I used some points back in November I think it was, but all of these were in December. I'm not sure if these means I'm out on nearly $40 worth of points or not. I tried to explain it better but it just wasn't working. I sent you a forward email Josh of what I sent to them, but yeah, kinda stinks. :([/QUOTE]

That stinks!

Sorry dude, hopefully it all works out for you.

Well now you gone and done it Josh, I'll be heading to Kmart for MVC3 CE, The point should work out fine but I'm anticipating problems with the posters, is there any way to confirm how many each store may be getting? If there are problems with the posters, how can that be addressed?

Thanks for your help!

I bought TDUII yesterday, as well. I see on the site that it might take 7 days for points to post, or is there an issue with the TDUII offer as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back