Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']I kinda think the reactions to my posts are funny. I don't know what world some of these people live in, but in the real world things aren't sugarcoated. I'm not sure why people expect everything online to be sugarcoated. If you say something stupid in the real world, people rag on you or point out that you're a moron. I don't know why people expect different.[/QUOTE]

Things to ponder for the day:

1. You talk about the real world, yet you spend your life inside a Kmart thread.

2. You find the responses funny, which means you're reading posts from people on your ignore list.

[quote name='dino88']Things to ponder for the day:

1. You talk about the real world, yet you spend your life inside a Kmart thread.

2. You find the responses funny, which means you're reading posts from people on your ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Posts like these are why none of you can complain about the way Altanis talks to people.

[quote name='Carlanga']Hi Josh, quick question about clearance games: are Dead Space and Bionic Commando for the PS3 also on clearance? $ ?

Also, the game section arrangement here in PR has "improved" from when I sent you the email on Sep. 30, At least now I can see the games just don't know the prices. After your nice reply on that day, nobody has done anything about the up-charge here in PR! Thanks![/QUOTE]
Good to see I'm not the only one from PR. :bouncy:

But yeah, the games are better organized now in the stores I've been to; but you can't see the prices. But considering the higher price in most cases it seems to be luck. So I tend to visit the section mostly after checking this thread and seeing Josh posts/replies. :bouncy:

I posted a recent situation a few replies earlier, maybe you can check around your store, to see if the situation is similar at least on the returns-thing.
[quote name='feroca']Hmm, two things I'm wondering:

1. Any update on the whole thing about Kmart stores around PR raising the prices of all games, over the MSRP?
Now things are getting weird. Because as pointed out earlier, everything Josh announces as "clearance" is at the price Josh said (like some of the games he posted recently). But everything else, that the store receives and prices "normally"; they raise the price 14% and that applies from games to consoles (like Kinect costing $170.99 or the Wii at $227.99)
Like the $59.99 games costing $68.99, now games on the "$19.99 or under - bins", which appear on the receipt named as (example) "PS3 19.99" but priced $22.99; that's before taxes (7%). So they acknowledge the price is lower; what's the excuse?

2. What's the policy of returning games?
A few hours ago, a friend went and bought Bionic Commando (which was $4.99 as Josh posted); but the disc didn't worked. Tried on 2 different Xbox 360s and it just didn't recognized the disc.
So he went to exchange it, for another copy of the same game. And they didn't wanted to accept it because "the store policy says that for open games, they don't do exchanges or returns". He asked and wondered, how that works in cases like this when the game is not working; is not like he wanted his money back; he just wanted another copy of the same game. But was told the same thing "no exchange or returns on opened games". Granted, it was "only $5"; so he accepted the loss, broke the disc in half and trashed it on the same store :)bouncy:). The whole thing of my friend took under 2 hours, so is not like he waited days to return to the store. He got the game, went to his home; din't worked, went to another friend's 360; din't worked, went to Kmart.

Granted, I haven't been on that position of returning games, but now I wonder the same thing. What if a game I buy, doesn't work and I need to return it. Do I have to just accept it as a loss and move on; even if it was a $99.99+ game? Or those rare situations of blank discs or just empty cases?[/QUOTE]
Josh (and the other SHCs) has been great help though, so no complaints in that aspect.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Posts like these are why none of you can complain about the way Altanis talks to people.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean.

I've just come to accept that the maturity levels on this site are several notches below most other respectable deal sites; Most likely the reason being is that the majority of the posters are living in their mom's basement playing WoW and browsing CAG on a dual monitor setup that they paid for with their allowance or unemployment checks

[quote name='Xellos2099']Another question, If I purchase mvc3 on tueaday, can I turn around and use the 25,000 point right away on the clearance game?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Your points SHOULD post instantly, which means you would then be able to apply them to another item in a separate transaction immediately afterwards.

Just check your receipt after the MvC3 purchase to make sure you were awarded the points first.

To those of you who complained about how long getting your SYWR card in the mail took when you applied for the card prior to or during the COD:BO promotion, I want to introduce you to the Toys R Us "Rewards R Us" program. I have, according to the welcome email, been a member since March 16, 2010. I just got my official card in the mail yesterday, February 12, 2011. Great turnaround for TRU, only took them a shade under 11 months! Plus, it took requesting a card three times before I got one.

I know that's pretty much unrelated to Kmart, but I thought that it was funny since people were complaining about Kmart taking 90 days to get a card to them. Toys R Us took over 320 days to get my rewards card to me.

[quote name='Altanis']To those of you who complained about how long getting your SYWR card in the mail took when you applied for the card prior to or during the COD:BO promotion, I want to introduce you to the Toys R Us "Rewards R Us" program. I have, according to the welcome email, been a member since March 16, 2010. I just got my official card in the mail yesterday, February 12, 2011. Great turnaround for TRU, only took them a shade under 11 months! Plus, it took requesting a card three times before I got one.

I know that's pretty much unrelated to Kmart, but I thought that it was funny since people were complaining about Kmart taking 90 days to get a card to them. Toys R Us took over 320 days to get my rewards card to me.[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us tends to not send out a physical card until you've made enough purchases with your temporary card to qualify for Rewards. I'm not that familiar with their program other then I made a killing over Christmas season on their 10% back on all purchases.

[quote name='dvltgrs24']So would it work to buy mvc3 then use the 25 on a second one and after that bring the first one back???[/QUOTE]
We were overdue for so classy a question.

[quote name='Interfeci']Looking forward to getting by butt kicked in MvC3.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the back of the bus. :) I've played it for a few hours already (a friend got it from a walmart down the street that broke street date) and he has been routinely kicking my ass.

I'm planning on stopping by my local Kmart at 8 AM tomorrow (opening time) to snag that Marvel Vs. Capcom CE. They should have it available by that time right?

[quote name='dvltgrs24']So would it work to buy mvc3 then use the 25 on a second one and after that bring the first one back???[/QUOTE]

Lmao!!

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']I'm planning on stopping by my local Kmart at 8 AM tomorrow (opening time) to snag that Marvel Vs. Capcom CE. They should have it available by that time right?[/QUOTE]
On the house, giftwrapped with your name on it.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']I'm planning on stopping by my local Kmart at 8 AM tomorrow (opening time) to snag that Marvel Vs. Capcom CE. They should have it available by that time right?[/QUOTE]
If you shop at the Kmart on Broad in Sumter, SC, I can tell you if they probably will or not. If you happen to shop at any other Kmart in the country though, I'm afraid I am of no help.

No one knows. When I went in at opening to get Halo Reach, the copies were still in the giant rolling cage, locked up. They brought it up from the back when I asked and then had to sort through every box looking for them.
Other times I have walked in after getting off work in the afternoon and the games are still in the boxes only behind the register, not in the cases.

This has probably been answered before but I didn't see it anywhere. I want to make sure my SYWR is opted in to except emails. How do I do that? They have a valid email address and when I called up the customer service rep said I had a valid email address on the account and that's all i need. She said since I had a valid email address I am opted in but I want to be sure that is correct. Is there any way on the site to check or is she right in what she saying? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='DomLando']This has probably been answered before but I didn't see it anywhere. I want to make sure my SYWR is opted in to except emails. How do I do that? They have a valid email address and when I called up the customer service rep said I had a valid email address on the account and that's all i need. She said since I had a valid email address I am opted in but I want to be sure that is correct. Is there any way on the site to check or is she right in what she saying? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
I don't know. I haven't checked the status of mine, but I get emails from SYWR damn near everyday and get stuff like my reciepts emailed to me, so I assume I am as opted-in as I need to be.

[quote name='DomLando']This has probably been answered before but I didn't see it anywhere. I want to make sure my SYWR is opted in to except emails. How do I do that? They have a valid email address and when I called up the customer service rep said I had a valid email address on the account and that's all i need. She said since I had a valid email address I am opted in but I want to be sure that is correct. Is there any way on the site to check or is she right in what she saying? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Well, now I'm a bit worried. The exact wording of the policy is:

"To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must maintain a valid email address in your account and remain opted-in to receiving promotional emails from SHC and its affiliates."

"Opt-in" is too informal a term, and I can only assume it amounts to just checking-in a few boxes on the site (though I could be wrong.) I have no idea what 'SHC" is (Sears Holding?), but I'm making the assumption that "SHC and its affiliates" means you'll have to check in all 6 or 7 stores and be prepared to face an incredible amount of -and I'm sorry I have to say this; I'm sure they're all fine stores- SPAM. Since more than one person is concened about exactly what changes need to be done to their profiles to receive the bonus points, shc-gamer really ought to clarify these matters really soon, since such loose and informal language has obviously led some of us to think that our present ignorance of our current eligibility status might just put these promotions he works so hard on in jeapordy.

[quote name='darkitachi']Did you play mvc2 by any chance? I was and still am a huge fan of that game, and although I do not think mvc3 will top it. I wanna give it a shot and appreciate it as a next entry in the franchise, rather than compare them. Anyone who is willing to play some casual matches PM me. Hope everyone enjoys this![/QUOTE]

I was not a big MvC2 player. I think that people who obsessed about that game for 10 years and want the same game again will be disappointed. The differences from this and MvC2 are probably as big as from MvC1 to MvC2. You have to play it differently cause it's a different game.

A few whiny people here are talking shit about the game's damage already but I say give it a few weeks at least to see what kind of high level strategies emerge before calling the game shit.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Well, now I'm a bit worried. The exact wording of the policy is:

"To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must maintain a valid email address in your account and remain opted-in to receiving promotional emails from SHC and its affiliates."

"Opt-in" is too informal a term, and I can only assume it amounts to just checking-in a few boxes on the site (though I could be wrong.) I have no idea what 'SHC" is (Sears Holding?), but I'm making the assumption that "SHC and its affiliates" means you'll have to check in all 6 or 7 stores and be prepared to face an incredible amount of -and I'm sorry I have to say this; I'm sure they're all fine stores- SPAM. Since more than one person is concened about exactly what changes need to be done to their profiles to receive the bonus points, shc-gamer really ought to clarify these matters really soon, since such loose and informal language has obviously led some of us to think that our present ignorance of our current eligibility status might just put these promotions he works so hard on in jeapordy.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to go into my account and see what's up. I'll post shortly.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Well, now I'm a bit worried. The exact wording of the policy is:

"Opt-in" is too informal a term, and I can only assume it amounts to just checking-in a few boxes on the site (though I could be wrong.) I have no idea what 'SHC" is (Sears Holding?), but I'm making the assumption that "SHC and its affiliates" means you'll have to check in all 6 or 7 stores and be prepared to face an incredible amount of -and I'm sorry I have to say this; I'm sure they're all fine stores- SPAM. Since more than one person is concened about exactly what changes need to be done to their profiles to receive the bonus points, shc-gamer really ought to clarify these matters really soon, since such loose and informal language has obviously led some of us to think that our present ignorance of our current eligibility status might just put these promotions he works so hard on in jeapordy.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of the opt-in fiasco josh will take care of anyone who buys the game and doesn't get the points. He's shown that in the past.

Hint: if you use a good email service like gmail you can easily send those messages to your spam inbox for ones you don't want, like craftsman or something.

[quote name='jer7583']I was not a big MvC2 player. I think that people who obsessed about that game for 10 years and want the same game again will be disappointed. The differences from this and MvC2 are probably as big as from MvC1 to MvC2. You have to play it differently cause it's a different game.

A few whiny people here are talking shit about the game's damage already but I say give it a few weeks at least to see what kind of high level strategies emerge before calling the game shit.[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean to quote this post but just wanted to provide an answer on the SYWR's bonus issue:

Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad: (FYI - Updated OP as well)

2. Click "More about me"
3. Scroll down to contact preferences
4. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Didn't mean to quote this post but just wanted to provide an answer on the SYWR's bonus issue:

Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

2. Click "More about me"
4. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.[/QUOTE]

Thanks SHC! If you do find out that all affiliates must be selected, I'd suggest adding that somewhere prominent in the first post.

What happens if I buy the game for my brother and he returns it later? Do the points disappear? I don't want to use the points unless he is going to keep his game but I won't see him for two weeks and I want killzone 3 as well

[quote name='jkircos']What happens if I buy the game for my brother and he returns it later? Do the points disappear? I don't want to use the points unless he is going to keep his game but I won't see him for two weeks and I want killzone 3 as well[/QUOTE]
I think you just want free points.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Didn't mean to quote this post but just wanted to provide an answer on the SYWR's bonus issue:

Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad: (FYI - Updated OP as well)

2. Click "More about me"
4. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.[/QUOTE]This might be just me, but I couldn't find "More about me"; I clicked Update your Personal Information under Account at a Glance and scrolled down to find the contact preferences.

[quote name='Vigilante']This might be just me, but I couldn't find "More about me"; I clicked Update your Personal Information under Account at a Glance and scrolled down to find the contact preferences.[/QUOTE]
Click "my offers" first.

[quote name='GBAstar']If you order the game from Kmart.com you will NOT get the 25,000 SYWR bonus points. In past deals, (Red Wii, Black Ops) buyers DID get the bonus SYWR points when they ordered online but it took weeks and sometimes months for buyers to get the points.

Since Josh has been advertising the deals as in store only. Sometimes I wonder if you made the purchase online and called the SYWR department if they'd still give you the credit; but IMHO it would not be worth the hassle.

On another note, even when I signed up for Shipvantage to get free shipping upgrades it was still much slower then amazon.[/QUOTE]

Can someone clarify this? I don't have a K-mart close to me and need to know if online will work. I guess I'll check online tomorrow to see, but has anyone purchased online and earned their points?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Click "my offers" first.[/QUOTE]
I dont see whatever either of you are talking about. I log in (to kmart.com) and see "My Profile". I click that and then see the Contact Preferences box.

Here's a pic of what I get when I log on to kmart.com:
2qlcvvr.jpg

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont see whatever either of you are talking about. I log in (to kmart.com) and see "My Profile". I click that and then see the Contact Preferences box.

Here's a pic of what I get when I log on to kmart.com:
2qlcvvr.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Please try logging in at Shopyourwayrewards.com

That area is the same exact are that Josh is describing. If you follow his directions or the area you went to they both lead to the same place

[quote name='Vigilante']This might be just me, but I couldn't find "More about me"; I clicked Update your Personal Information under Account at a Glance and scrolled down to find the contact preferences.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Can someone clarify this? I don't have a K-mart close to me and need to know if online will work. I guess I'll check online tomorrow to see, but has anyone purchased online and earned their points?[/QUOTE]
The 25k points is only active in-store unfortunately.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Please try logging in at Shopyourwayrewards.com[/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah I cant do that it doesnt let me. I'll just go use my card like normal and see how it goes.

The shopyourwayrewards.com login should be the same as the Kmart.com login if you have the rewards account tied to it. I use roboform for logging in and even it gets whacked out on their site sometimes. Forget using Safari use Firefox or IE.

On Topic Can't wait to see the deal on Pokemon Black/White . I have to get 1 of each.

[quote name='jacobeid']Too bad I don't have a Kmart near me :(

I'm guessing there's no way to price match this anywhere? I'd rather just do it at Kmart though.[/QUOTE]
This is a K-Mart thread...who knows.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The 25k points is only active in-store unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. Any plans on bringing some online deals or will they continue to remain in-store only?

What is the sku for the MVC 3 CE for 360? My local store isn't always on the ball with getting games out onto the floor. I want to be prepared to prove they have the CE in stock when I get there just in case they do not have it out.

[quote name='DomLando']What is the sku for the MVC 3 CE for 360? My local store isn't always on the ball with getting games out onto the floor. I want to be prepared to prove they have the CE in stock when I get there just in case they do not have it out.[/QUOTE]
I would also like the SKU for MvC3 CE PS3, if somebody has it. Thanks

Well since the coupon train has come to a halt (for now), I'm gonna see if I'm able to start the "points train" since points are instantly posted after closing the transaction out. Planning to buy MvC 3 for both systems and use the TDU2 points on one and then use the $25 on the other and so on and so forth.

Sweet, Josh added the FAQ stuff I emailed him to the FAQ post. Thanks Josh! I'll add more this week, for the next couple of days I'm going to be swamped though.

It's been awhile since I shopped at KMart, but good thing the OP posted the note about opting-in to SYWR emails, as I hope to pick up MvC3 tomorrow.

Josh, I know the promo picture with MvC3 is limited, but I believe you said that every store will get at least one (at least I think you said they will). I plan on being at my store at opening tomorrow and was wondering what to do if they say they did not get any in.
I missed out on the Black Ops patch and was annoyed I did not get one, but it was no big deal in the grand scheme of things. However, I am super pumped for this game and want this promo pic. I don't feel like getting it annotated on my receipt though and going in multiple times a week for weeks on end hoping they turn up. They swore they got the patches in but never found them. I don't want this to happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back