Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkRider23']Ran into a problem today, Josh

19.99 ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION GOTY 360
19.99 GHOST TRICK: PHANTOMDETECTIVE DS
29.99 CASTLEVANIA: LORD OFSHADOWS PS3 CE

Those 3 games weren't marked down to $19.99 or $29.99. They were both still their original price. The stores activated the clearance list because a bunch of other games that I was there to pick up were correct, except for those three. Any idea why?[/QUOTE]

Any update on this Josh?

19.99 ENDLESS OCEAN: BLUE WORLD WII
19.99 ENDLESS OCEAN: BLUE WORLD WITH WII SPEAK

Those 2 games are also ringing up as $29.99 for whatever reason.

Not sure if this has been answered in a prior post, but will K Mart be getting any of the Bioware Signature Editions of Dragon Age 2?

Its the same price as the regular's just comes with some extra stuff. Was able to reserve mine at gamestop for PC however wanting to switch it to PS3 and wont be able to get the signature edition also plan to use the 25k point from MVC3 on it lol.

Thanks =)

[quote name='Madrocsz']Not sure if this has been answered in a prior post, but will K Mart be getting any of the Bioware Signature Editions of Dragon Age 2?

Its the same price as the regular's just comes with some extra stuff. Was able to reserve mine at gamestop for PC however wanting to switch it to PS3 and wont be able to get the signature edition also plan to use the 25k point from MVC3 on it lol.

Thanks =)[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='EvilET']My local store didn't get any copies of MvC3.. they have no idea why and are concerned. This store is usually very good about release dates and they know me very well.

They have been trying to find out what's going on since Sunday. Josh, stockboy- any help?[/QUOTE]

To make matters even WORSE... I went to shopyourwayrewards.com to make sure my email address was registered to get the points. When I log in (like I have before) using my Twitter account, it brings me to someone else's SYWR account...

Called SYWR and spoke with a rep, they couldn't figure it out and had no idea what was going on. Tried to recover the account using my email/login - no go..

Logged onto twitter and "divorced" the account. Tried again, same thing.. thinks I'm Michael from Florida.. I'm not... Divorced the account a second time and still no luck.

So, some how my SYWR that I've been using for TWO YEARS is now under some one else's name.. 30 minutes on the phone didn't fix anything...

Please advise..

This happen to anyone else? ever??!

So referring back to my post as to how long this takes to receive the offer. I just read the first post of this thread and realized that I probably never received points because I wasn't "opted in!" Since I had no problem receiving points for the Call of Duty BO promo, I though I was set up fine.

I went on to spend 30 minutes driving to two different Kmart stores (since the first didn't have them), then 20 minute in a store trying to get someone to open the case, asking 4 different employees all in the electronics section (yet they had to page someone from another location in the store). and then another 20 minutes in line to pay(since the guy who opened the case wouldn't ring me up) all for a $25 bonus, that I don't get because I haven't "OPTED IN!"

I'm done with Kmart no matter how good the deals are. My sanity and safety driving around with rage is worth more to me than the 15ish dollars I save vs buying from amazon. Needless to say, I'm returning this game and never setting foot in Kmart again. Josh - you do your best, but your a one man army.

[quote name='mgford11']How long until after purchase do the points apply to my account? ie; can I buy one, use points to buy a 2nd?[/QUOTE]

instantly, should show the points on your receipt. some have taken a few minutes to show up but if its not chances are you wont get the points because either your not opted to receive email or somewhere along those lines. yes points can be used right on the spot to pick up another game but theres a limit to 2 per account after that it wont give you anymore points just the base points which is like 60 cents.

[quote name='ray2dee']I was wonder does the 25,000 points show up on the reciept[/QUOTE]

read post above

[quote name='tjm0711']So referring back to my post as to how long this takes to receive the offer. I just read the first post of this thread and realized that I probably never received points because I wasn't "opted in!" Since I had no problem receiving points for the Call of Duty BO promo, I though I was set up fine.

I went on to spend 30 minutes driving to two different Kmart stores (since the first didn't have them), then 20 minute in a store trying to get someone to open the case, asking 4 different employees all in the electronics section (yet they had to page someone from another location in the store). and then another 20 minutes in line to pay(since the guy who opened the case wouldn't ring me up) all for a $25 bonus, that I don't get because I haven't "OPTED IN!"

I'm done with Kmart no matter how good the deals are. My sanity and safety driving around with rage is worth more to me than the 15ish dollars I save vs buying from amazon. Needless to say, I'm returning this game and never setting foot in Kmart again. Josh - you do your best, but your a one man army.[/QUOTE]

:-({|=
all I'm saying is that IF you had read the first page prior to heading out to the store you would have caught your mistake in not checking to see if you was "opted in" for the emails and stuff. but hey to each there own...

[quote name='FINALBOSS']No.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure? Doesn't sound like a strict "no" to me.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm still a bit fuzzy on the Signature editions with the whole date cut off deal EA had in there for pre orders. I'll definitely try and get more info for ya.[/QUOTE]

I got some great clearance finds @ my local kmart today josh thanks. And if anyone in here finds an extra buzz quiz tv bundle or orange box ps3 I have been looking for a good deal on those for a while for my collection. So if you want to help a fellow cag out pm me :)

I got a PS3 CE and poster, but no SWYR 25K points. I have an email and am opted in (I just checked my account online and my purchase is there). Terrible system. If anyone lives near Cudahy, WI, I will be returning my PS3 CE tomorrow and sticking with Amazon until the coupons come back.

[quote name='Rig']Read back a couple pages. This was already discussed/answered today.[/QUOTE]

With a 167 pages its easier said than done :p if its not in the last 2 pages ... Its already lost. Next time Try a more helpful response. your response has been as helpful as a 0 to the left:roll:

[quote name='teknotronic']Managed to snag the only PS3 CE in the Portland, OR area (Gresham store)

However I was so excited about snagging it that I completely forgot to ask about the 8x10's. I didn't see them set up anywhere either, am I boned here since I didn't mention it while I was there? Not a huge deal, as I got what I was really looking for, but this would be a cool piece for my game room wall.[/QUOTE]
Go back in with the game and your receipt and ask if they have them somewhere. If they say they can't find them or haven't gotten them in, have them annotate it on your receipt so if you are in the area again, you can try again. But the store wouldn't have gotten many in.

thanks for the info on the SWTR points guess i gotta return it and try again because those points are the only reason I'm willing to pay full price for the game

[quote name='tjm0711'] I'm sure I'm not the only unsatisfied customer around.[/QUOTE]

You certainly are not. I've been supporting kmart for over 3 years. It's a shame that everyone's hard work is going down the drain.. again.

I'm not pissed enough to go buy it elsewhere, although I probably should. I'm happy to give kmart the business. But, when there are so many things that you have to jump through, it becomes a little less "worth it". I should be playing MvC3 right now, kicking my neighbor's ass.. but instead I'm waiting for the stock to arrive and the SYWR fiasco to be resolved...

Yes, the coupons rock. I spent over $2k last holiday season at kmart. NOT including coupon $.

Yes, the SYWR should be an easy solution. But, "they" aren't even getting that right now. Now requiring email to be on file and 'opted in'. Well, if I didn't follow this thread I wouldn't even know that I needed to do that.

I know that Josh and the crew will make it right.. he rocks! (THanks dude!!) but, they shouldn't have to do everything manually. I'm sure it's anything short of fun for them to have to chase lose ties, missing points and scammers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a kmart today that was supposed to have the SE's but they said they sold them earlier in the day. I was going to buy some other random toiletries and whatnot but when i went to checkout there were only 2 lanes open with about 10 people in each lane, carts full. It was pretty ridiculous, ended up going to rite-aid instead.

[quote name='confoosious']Why do people fail to read and then blame kmart?

I mean, if it was me, I'd be more embarrassed than angry.[/QUOTE]

Wow, can your nose get any farther up SHC's ass? LOL....

Opted in or whatever ridiculous requirements there were and still no points! So done with this card coupons need to come back quickly.

[quote name='kennedykougar']With a 167 pages its easier said than done :p if its not in the last 2 pages ... Its already lost. Next time Try a more helpful response. your response has been as helpful as a 0 to the left:roll:[/QUOTE]

You're right. Instead of giving you *any* answer at all, I should have just ignored you.

Your exact question got answered...TODAY. It's not like I was asking you to go back to two weeks worth of posts. Hell, go into your settings and change it to show 100 posts per page. Then, it'd be "in the last 2 pages".

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8173471&postcount=3335

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8172719&postcount=3279

A full fucking 56 posts before you posted, your question was answered.

[quote name='burz88']Went to a kmart today that was supposed to have the SE's but they said they sold them earlier in the day. I was going to buy some other random toiletries and whatnot but when i went to checkout there were only 2 lanes open with about 10 people in each lane, carts full. It was pretty ridiculous, ended up going to rite-aid instead.[/QUOTE]

Did rite-aid have the SEs? Xbox or ps3?

[quote name='Rig']You're right. Instead of giving you *any* answer at all, I should have just ignored you.

Your exact question got answered...TODAY. It's not like I was asking you to go back to two weeks worth of posts. Hell, go into your settings and change it to show 100 posts per page. Then, it'd be "in the last 2 pages".

A full fucking 56 posts before you posted, your question was answered.[/QUOTE]

well u know if you got nothing good to say, its best to say nothing at all :) just saying , please try being more helpful in the future :) if you are REALLY itching to say something make sure its constructive, and helpful instead of just getting up in the soapbox for no reason at all lol

Moviing on...

[quote name='Rig']You're right. Instead of giving you *any* answer at all, I should have just ignored you.

A full fucking 56 posts before you posted, your question was answered.[/QUOTE]
:lol: It's like talking to a brick wall at times on here. Trust me, you're better off just ignoring them.:roll:

[quote name='9Tale']Opted in or whatever ridiculous requirements there were and still no points! So done with this card coupons need to come back quickly.[/QUOTE]

email Josh? He's been super nice about locating stock and keeping people up to date. i think there's also an email address on the OP where u can email in your problems and they can credit your account :)

[quote name='mgford11']email Josh? He's been super nice about locating stock and keeping people up to date. i think there's also an email address on the OP where u can email in your problems and they can credit your account :)[/QUOTE]

My one reason to never be a disatisfied consumer with these promos I know josh & co will make it right :bouncy: I just wish I didnt have to bug the poor guy :whistle2:# I'm sure he's busy as is. Oh well the world is not perfect

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Picked up two copies today, got my 50k points, ready for bulletstorm next week.[/QUOTE]

Meaning the glitch was fixed, or meaning you bought them separately?

Grabbed my limited edition MVC3 and got my bonus 25k points on my card. Don't know why people are having trouble with such an easy process.

$10 Pokemon Black (next month) here I come!

Damn, had a copy held for me to pick up after work but it's gone now. All the neighboring stores and Wal-Marts are also sold out. Guess GS gets a sale out of me tonight.

Bought my copy of DQIV today, no rewards points granted. Noticed that the OP mentioned 2-16, but also says "from release".

So, am I supposed to get points today and it's some sort of glitch? Or it starts tomorrow and I should simply do a return & rebuy for the points?

No kmarts around my way had the CE, but found a kmart in the middle of nowhere that got 1 copy of each version. Luckily the middle of nowhere is 10 minutes from my work, so I left early and grabbed both copies. I was confused when I saw that I got 100k bonus points but just read about the glitch.

Came home, went to 2 targets and got 1 copy of each version at each. Totaling 3 xbox 3 ps3. I kinda felt bad for the target worker, he had the last ps3 ce in his hand looking at the back of it, and i asked him for it. (he looked like he wanted it). Normally I do not horde but this is my payback at the world for not being able to get tickets to UFC 129 due to ticket scalpers.

I just looked at the SD thread and it looks like the new system hasn't prevented them from scamming.

[quote name='aznhero913']HEY!!!!!

I love SD and the only reason I found out about this website is b/c of SD.

That being said................Whenever a crazy deal hits that website, man you better expect those guys are gonna clean house.[/QUOTE]

You were upset by his comment? Trust me, 99% of the people here feel the same way as chriscolbert. He was actually quite nice about it.

Searched and searched and nada. Do SYWR points expire? I found out my Best Buy points did today (luckily I only had $1.26), just wondering if SYWR points also do? Thanks.

[quote name='D0RC']Searched and searched and nada. Do SYWR points expire? I found out my Best Buy points did today (luckily I only had $1.26), just wondering if SYWR points also do? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

1 year

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Picked up two copies today, got my 50k points, ready for bulletstorm next week.[/QUOTE][quote name='Lyricsborn']Wow didn't know there was a glitch and got a hundred bucks. [/QUOTE]These statements appear to be contradictory, unless HakurenKyo06 did separate transactions...

Can anyone say definitively whether the glitch is still in effect?

so the date for DQVI is tomorrow right?

I saw the thread title had MvC3 and DQVI right next to each other, so, being the dumbass I am, I assumed that DQVI came out today.

Then I realized Josh has 2/16 in the OP...

yet I just saw the game at walmart tonight.. and I also heard about a delay in some shipments.

so would it be safe to say they'll have it tomorrow?

[quote name='n1c0']Bought my copy of DQIV today, no rewards points granted. Noticed that the OP mentioned 2-16, but also says "from release".

So, am I supposed to get points today and it's some sort of glitch? Or it starts tomorrow and I should simply do a return & rebuy for the points?[/QUOTE]

I ran into this issue earlier today, emailed Josh, and he's taking care of it in the form of a gift card.

[quote name='Vigilante']These statements appear to be contradictory, unless HakurenKyo06 did separate transactions...

Can anyone say definitively whether the glitch is still in effect?[/QUOTE]

On the last page or so there have been people who have:

A) Not received any bonus points at all
B) Received the expected 25,000 points per copy
C) Received double the points due to glitch

So to answer your question, there are never any definites with K-Mart :)

I just got back from the West Orange, NJ Kmart. They have a good number of games on clearance, might be worth checking out for anybody in the area.

I picked up Section 8 for $19.99, but I also saw several copies of Red Faction: Guerilla for $14.99.

Just figured I'd give the NJ people a heads up.

My MVC3 purchase, No points for me just 600 points for 60 cents rewards. Yes I did make sure to have my contact preference as email. I miss the coupons already. I was afraid this was gonna happen with the reward card.
Order Details

Item
Purchase Amount
Qualified Spending
Base Points Earned

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3: FATE OF 2 WORLDS 360
$ 59.99
$ 59.99

60 cents

Just bought a couple of copies and didn't receive any rewards points. Customer service suggested that it was an online only deal. Anyway, I didn't have any problems returning the games. Weird.

I got the standard PS3 edition earlier today and received the 25k bonus points on top of the 600 with no problems. They were on my receipt and also in my balance when I checked it online.

I've had the card for a few months now. I had them scan the card first, but I'd really like to think that wouldn't affect it

So fantastically easy! A nice lady held a standard copy for me this morning when I called in. Drove to the store, it was sitting in the drawer with a photo/lithograph I had no idea came with it. Gave him the phone number tied to my newly created swyr account and I've got my 25650pts on my receipt. So awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys do for MLB 11 the show!

You guys that aren't getting the points do know that all you have to do is email Josh and he will make it right, don't you?

I'll never understand why people return things when that has been the case since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back