Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the glitch doesn't get fixed by tomorrow, I wonder if the SWYR dude is getting fired. That's a lot of money to lose.

(Or maybe they've already fixed it. I didn't think they could update registers that fast...)

Hmm, I was wondering why my balance on my card was $25.60! Must be the extra 600 points everyone is talking about. Anyways, got the standard edition of MVC3 for PS3 and managed to score the collector's edition for Castlevania (PS3) for $4.61 after I used my reward points. Haha! Awesome! Prices listed in the OP should be in effect. Castlevania CE was still marked $79.99, but rang up $29.99. Just ask someone to scan any of the price dropped games to get the current price.

The wording in the OP has me a bit confused. You can get two copies of MvC3 for one console and still get $50 of rewards, right? You don't need to get one for each console?

Hey Josh. How many "posters" did each store get?

I recommended purchasing MvC3 at Kmart to a friend last week and I was just told that he went at 10 am and purchased a copy of the game and although the shelves were full w/ the standard copies, he was told the store only received 2 posters and were already out.

No special edition at my Kmart. Ask the guy and he said he didn't see any when he was unpacking the games so he didn't look on the computer. He gave me the free poster. I earned 27,400 points. 25,000 + 600 = 25,600 so I don't know how the hell I got 27,400.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh. How many "posters" did each store get?

I recommended purchasing MvC3 at Kmart to a friend last week and I was just told that he went at 10 am and purchased a copy of the game and although the shelves were full w/ the standard copies, he was told the store only received 2 posters and were already out.[/QUOTE]
6k for the chain.

[quote name='unknownthreat']No special edition at my Kmart. Ask the guy and he said he didn't see any when he was unpacking the games so he didn't look on the computer. He gave me the free poster. I earned 27,400 points. 25,000 + 600 = 25,600 so I don't know how the hell I got 27,400.[/QUOTE]
That was what made me suspect the whole points system was glitched up; I think I went to Kmart mid-discussion early in the afternoon. I was like, "Whas wit da funny numbers?"

[quote name='Camwi']The wording in the OP has me a bit confused. You can get two copies of MvC3 for one console and still get $50 of rewards, right? You don't need to get one for each console?[/QUOTE]
That is correct. 2 copies of MvC3 regardless of platform will net you 50k points.

[quote name='confoosious']If the glitch doesn't get fixed by tomorrow, I wonder if the SWYR dude is getting fired. That's a lot of money to lose.

(Or maybe they've already fixed it. I didn't think they could update registers that fast...)[/QUOTE]
We won't know the full damage until tomorrow, but it definitely wasn't a good one. Buy 2 get 100 is a hell of a deal though :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We won't know the full damage until tomorrow, but it definitely wasn't a good one. Buy 2 get 100 is a hell of a deal though :)[/QUOTE]
Any word on what kind action SYWR might take? From a CAG point-of-view, this was a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of glitch.

[quote name='Widowmaker636']My MVC3 purchase, No points for me just 600 points for 60 cents rewards. Yes I did make sure to have my contact preference as email. I miss the coupons already. I was afraid this was gonna happen with the reward card.
Order Details

Item
Purchase Amount
Qualified Spending
Base Points Earned

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3: FATE OF 2 WORLDS 360
$ 59.99
$ 59.99

60 cents[/QUOTE]
I've actually received less emails for MvC3 points not posting then last week's TDU II release. The points are working but I am counting the days until the return of the coupons as well.

To that end, so far the issue has been customers have not selected to receive email correctly from SYWR's and SHC. I'm am definitely helping though where there are issues so there is definitely no need to return any games.

[quote name='sadboy']Any word on what kind action SYWR might take? From a CAG point-of-view, this was a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of glitch.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, no idea. I haven't received any feedback yet that they have concluded their investigation.

[quote name='chriscolbert']On the last page or so there have been people who have:

A) Not received any bonus points at all
B) Received the expected 25,000 points per copy
C) Received double the points due to glitch

So to answer your question, there are never any definites with K-Mart :)[/QUOTE]
So true.....except for me.

[quote name='n1c0']Bought my copy of DQIV today, no rewards points granted. Noticed that the OP mentioned 2-16, but also says "from release".

So, am I supposed to get points today and it's some sort of glitch? Or it starts tomorrow and I should simply do a return & rebuy for the points?[/QUOTE]
Just shoot me an email with a pic of your receipt and mailing address and I'll work it out for you.

[quote name='get_loud']I got a PS3 CE and poster, but no SWYR 25K points. I have an email and am opted in (I just checked my account online and my purchase is there). Terrible system. If anyone lives near Cudahy, WI, I will be returning my PS3 CE tomorrow and sticking with Amazon until the coupons come back.[/QUOTE]
Not sure why you would return it bud, I can definitely help out.

Do you respond to the actual email and let us know, or just say when you've finished every email you got? I feel as if it's a stupid question, but can never be too sure, I guess. :p

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh, any idea if you're getting any of the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition? If so any deal for it?[/QUOTE]
As soon as I get my allocations from Nintendo on the relaunch I'll probably be able to confirm running the same deal we ran in December ($10 coup)

[quote name='namehtmas']Do you respond to the actual email and let us know, or just say when you've finished every email you got? I feel as if it's a stupid question, but can never be too sure, I guess. :p[/QUOTE]
I follow up to each email individually.:)

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I typically don't post on SD, I just look for deals, but when I saw the MvC3 thread on there, I wanted to check it out to see if they were brainstorming a way to game the system or something. The guy that posted it on SD said Josh emailed it to him and I imagine Josh didn't want it to be public. I don't know that of course. But I think it would probably be better if they don't get posted though. There will be more "Is my store getting X CE" questions, but hopefully less people swooping in and stealing a copy someone else wanted. Kmart makes the money either way, I guess, but if someone wants a CE, they have a chance to request one for their store. If you aren't paying attention to this thread, don't bitch that your store didn't get one. It was a limited CE for Kmart.

I guess on the same token though, if you want one, be sure you are at the store to get it so you don't miss out.
I believe Josh said a while ago that they were working on an in-store preorder sytem, I could be mistaken, but hopefully that would remedy people being pissed that they missed their chance to have CEs allocated and it would take care of anyone who wanted a copy buy got out-shopped.

Yeah, I know that the really high traffic stores that sell a lot of CEs would have gotten some, but I asked if my store could get two and I guess because of my enthusiasm for this title, Stock Boy said he would allocate a couple more than that to my store. We got 5 for the 360 and I wouldn't have been surprised if we had gotten none if I hadn't requested any.[/QUOTE]
I didn't intend to have the people I emailed the list to post it, not that I didn't expect it though. I have mixed feeling about it.

I really really want to get a pre order system in store soon to help with the CE allocation nightmare we are currently in.

[quote name='tjm0711']Like I said, I thought I was setup fine since I got the promotion for Black Ops. I must have changed my preferences at some point over the last few months, forgetting that this was a requirement to receive points. Regardless, I'm sure I'm not the only unsatisfied customer around.[/QUOTE]
Hey bud, not an option I think should be required either but we only have to roll with the punches for another month or so. In the meantime, the points are generally working and have a longer expiration date than the coups. If they don't post or if there is confusion I'm still here to help.

SHC, did you happen to see the email Stock Boy copied you in on (regarding my Penn Station issue)?

Just wanted to know if I had any options.

[quote name='Dynamic3']SHC, did you happen to see the email Stock Boy copied you in on (regarding my Penn Station issue)?

Just wanted to know if I had any options.[/QUOTE]
I'm just catching up here a bit and I'm about to dive into to the emails. Thanks for the continued patience.

I just got an email saying 3x points are available when you spend $50 or more until 2/21. Can I use this on Marvel vs Capcom 3 and get double the 3x points in addition to the 25,000 for buying the game?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We won't know the full damage until tomorrow, but it definitely wasn't a good one. Buy 2 get 100 is a hell of a deal though :)[/QUOTE]

This was the deal of the year for me. :D Got 2 copies, one for me one for my brother, and used the bonus points on a Move Bundle. Super day. :applause:

Went to the Springdale, Arkansas KMart tonight. Guy had no idea MvC3 was out yet and said there was no point in checking the back because everything was out front.

Lame.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hey bud, not an option I think should be required either but we only have to roll with the punches for another month or so. In the meantime, the points are generally working and have a longer expiration date than the coups. If they don't post or if there is confusion I'm still here to help.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your hard work. I ended up updating my settings, and instead of returning, I just returned and repurchased and the $25 showed up.

My biggest cause of frustration is with store #4483. This is the third time in the past month that this store hasn't had their games out or been able to find in the stock room on release day (LBP2, Dead Space 2 and MVC3). I usually go in after work, so by 6 they should have enough time to get them out. I actually saw that they put out some LBP 2 CE this week. It would have been nice to find these on release day.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Went to the Springdale, Arkansas KMart tonight. Guy had no idea MvC3 was out yet and said there was no point in checking the back because everything was out front.

Lame.[/QUOTE]
That's worse than an employee who refuses to do a price-check. Then again, I can usually get people to look in the back by nagging at them enough. I remember one time, though, running into a guy who just absolutely refused to run a price-check on an item that may or may not have been on clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
No poster for me though I'm not surprised considering I didn't get the patch for Black Ops either. I did see a Fallout: New Vegas coaster in the case for some reason.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']I picked up the only copy of the CE (PS3) at the Kmart in Boca Raton. Recieved the poster as well with no issues. :)[/QUOTE]

Glad to know someone in South Florida got a copy. Next to Key West, I think these were the only two cities to get any CE.

[quote name='tjm0711']Thanks for your hard work. I ended up updating my settings, and instead of returning, I just returned and repurchased and the $25 showed up.

My biggest cause of frustration is with store #4483. This is the third time in the past month that this store hasn't had their games out or been able to find in the stock room on release day (LBP2, Dead Space 2 and MVC3). I usually go in after work, so by 6 they should have enough time to get them out. I actually saw that they put out some LBP 2 CE this week. It would have been nice to find these on release day.[/QUOTE]
We are working on a fix for this issue with ops that will hopefully address this soon. I'll keep everyone updated as much as possible. There is just no reason for this lack of execution as this is just a simple thing for associates to do.

I signed up for rewards, picked up MvC3, and got the rewards points. The employees couldn't find the photo/poster and said they either hadn't received it or ran out. Thanks SHC for the recent promotions. It is encouraging to see someone take such an active role improving their chain and customer service. This is the first time I used the rewards program and will continue to do so as long as it works this smoothly.

Josh, I don't think anyone asked you this (or you might not have seen it asked), but do you have any plans for Monster Tale when it releases on 3/22 for DS?

[quote name='Bretts31344']I signed up for rewards, picked up MvC3, and got the rewards points. The employees couldn't find the photo/poster and said they either hadn't received it or ran out. Thanks SHC for the recent promotions. It is encouraging to see someone take such an active role improving their chain and customer service. This is the first time I used the rewards program and will continue to do so as long as it works this smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Knock on wood but in the last 5 months I haven't had any issues w/ SYWR except for once. In the end I just did a return and rebuy before a certain promo was over and the points appeared for me the same day.

Just a reminder to the new comers this thread, make sure you guys vote for Josh and K-mart in this years CAG awards!!!

wow.. got 100k points for buying a copy on 360 and PS3.. nice surprise there, but I read the latest replies and that it was a glitch.. there's no chance of them retroactively taking the points away, is there?

[quote name='Scorch']wow.. got 100k points for buying a copy on 360 and PS3.. nice surprise there, but I read the latest replies and that it was a glitch.. there's no chance of them retroactively taking the points away, is there?[/QUOTE]

Mixed conclusions on whats going to happen. i may have to say kmart might have to bite the bullet on this one. some people have been using the points to be buy stuff so i'm not sure how they expect to fix that issue, all i know is someones head gonna roll for this mistake thats for sure

So i went to Penn Station Kmart in NYC today. used my $20 giftcard from the DeadSpace2 thing. snagged MvC3 x360 for $40, then used the $25 in pts from that right on the MvC3 ps3 copy. it was like instant.

My friend he actually used up for the card right after i bought my games. he got MvC3 for ps3 and he got the $25 pts right away on his receipt.
Thanks again.

[quote name='medetron']Mixed conclusions on whats going to happen. i may have to say kmart might have to bite the bullet on this one. some people have been using the points to be buy stuff so i'm not sure how they expect to fix that issue, all i know is someones head gonna roll for this mistake thats for sure[/QUOTE]
So, as I'm catching up on email I received a note this evening from the SYWR team that said they are suspending the offer and will issue the points to every one who purchased the game next week due to the glitch offering double points. In other words........ruining my inbox for the remainder of the next two weeks.

Basically I'll be posting an update on the blog that says the reward points will post to your account next week and if they don't to shoot me an email and I'll take care of it.

I'd love to catch a break soon.:bomb:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']There is just no reason for this lack of execution as this is just a simple thing for associates to do.[/QUOTE]

if employees cant do simple tasks like stock sale items....then you need to change your tactics...guerilla style.......start kickin ass and takin names
im serious

as soon as this problem is fixed...im buying 2 copies

wait, what? my 100k points already posted my account. are they taking them away and reposting the correct amount next week? or do you just mean that they'll post next week going forward for those who haven't bought it yet?

[quote name='Scorch']wait, what? my 100k points already posted my account. are they taking them away and reposting the correct amount next week? or do you just mean that they'll post next week going forward for those who haven't bought it yet?[/QUOTE]
Going forward; personally I'd be shocked if they took customer's points away.

is there a way to close a SYWR account? I signed up twice cause I couldn't get into my account and now i want to close one so I don't accumulate points on two difference accounts.

[quote name='confoosious']is there a way to close a SYWR account? I signed up twice cause I couldn't get into my account and now i want to close one so I don't accumulate points on two difference accounts.[/QUOTE]
I believe you can and you should be able to shift the points from the other account to the one you want going forward. It would require a call to the dreaded support line though.

so this weeks deal is cancelled??? and will come back on sunday???

or can we buy the game now and recieve points next week???

[quote name='aleraiders']so this weeks deal is cancelled??? and will come back on sunday???

or can we buy the game now and recieve points next week???[/QUOTE]
Buy game this week, get the points next week. I just see it leading to confusion though and will require a lot of personal emails between me and customers.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe you can and you should be able to shift the points from the other account to the one you want going forward. It would require a call to the dreaded support line though.[/QUOTE]

thanks. I just put a dummy phone number and just have to hope i never do something stupid and give them that number when I buy stuff.

I also lost my card.

I'm not too bright.

[quote name='Scorch']re-read the posts. the points will take a week to post to your account due to the glitch.[/QUOTE]

i did.....i think i over-read the post too many times

must be nice to have $100 in rewards points :twoguns:

Wow. 100k points for two copies of MvC3. Someone on the SYWR team forgot to check a box.

Unless the SYWR card can have a negative balance, I can't really see them taking away 50K points. But you never know. If they do, I can see a lot of abandoned 'accounts' or whatever they are.

I also noticed a funny thing today. Previously, SYWR points had been taking away post-tax. This time when I checked my receipt, it's pre-tax. That is pretty nice. Now they're equal to coupon status.

Any word on what version is better ? I got a copy for each system and I am trying to figure out what version to keep and play and what version to return or keep sealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back