Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.

I was going to jump on this Reward coupon thing for the first time for this week, only for them to delay the reward points for a week.

Guess I still won't be using this...

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Wow.

I was going to jump on this Reward coupon thing for the first time for this week, only for them to delay the reward points for a week.

Guess I still won't be using this...[/QUOTE]

Patience is a virtue.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Wow.

Guess I still won't be using this...[/QUOTE]

You still get points if you buy this week, they just wont show up until next week. Faster than best buy, thats for sure. Plus no one has a deal that even comes close on mvc3.

As I reiterated last night.

Posted on the blog this morning and will update the OP.

Update: As of this morning, when purchasing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 the 25,000 SYWR bonus points will not appear on your receipt. However, the deal is definitely active and the points will post on your account next week due to a system issue we are attempting to resolve. If for some reason your points do not post shoot me a pic of your receipt, mailing address and SYWR reward # and we'll work it out immediately.

[quote name='Toomuchboost']Josh is a great guy, i feel back for all the emails i sent for my problems lol. SORRY Josh![/QUOTE]
Don't feel bad at all, really is my pleasure to help.

Josh - I bought 2 copies of MVC3 PS3 & 2 copies of Dragon Quest 6 today (02/16). I did not receive bonus points for any of them. Should I wait for a week or can I send you an email with the details. Thanks.

Oh and please somebody fire the smart people behind the email option for receipts/coupons :mad:

[quote name='hoofrog']Virtues suck, I like good deals.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm, still the best deal out there.

The coupons had a week delay as well.

[quote name='harish7447']Josh - I bought 2 copies of MVC3 PS3 & 2 copies of Dragon Quest 6 today (02/16). I did not receive bonus points for any of them. Should I wait for a week or can I send you an email with the details. Thanks.

Oh and please somebody fire the smart people behind the email option for receipts/coupons :mad:[/QUOTE]
Yesterday should have been good; definitely shoot me your info.

SYWR's and myself are not on speaking terms at the moment :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']With everyone I believe........going to take a quick nap before some more slaps across the face :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I don't believe I got a response, Stock boy included you in a reply to me (cvrusso3).

[quote name='hoofrog']Virtues suck, I like good deals.[/QUOTE]
Steal then, it's better than good deals. When we had the crappy receipt paper coupons, the effective dates were a week later anyway. OMG, I can't believe I'm policing this thread.

Also, even though there's a SYWR glitch for buying two MvC3 games (giving out $100 rewards rather than $50), the damage extended to ONE card. Meaning that people cannot go nuts piling up reward points by buying again and again. The bonus reward points are limited to TWO copies, so if people buy a 3rd copy, only the base points are earned. And NO, you can't return the games and keep the points, people are so naive (or bold) trying to take advantages of every promotion. I don't blame them (hate them though), but man, it surely kills good deals.

[quote name='jer7583']You still get points if you buy this week, they just wont show up until next week. Faster than best buy, thats for sure. Plus no one has a deal that even comes close on mvc3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, but I was going to buy the CE, dump it off, then use the $25 on the standard version, then use the $25 on that towards something else.

If I have to wait a week on the points, it's worthless to me as I don't make an effort to go out to K-Mart.

[quote name='Dynamic3']I don't believe I got a response, Stock boy included you in a reply to me (cvrusso3).[/QUOTE]
Found it! Getting back with you now.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hmmmm, still the best deal out there.

The coupons had a week delay as well.[/QUOTE]

My comment was simply a poke at the "patience is a virtue" line. Normally to get good deals you need to be quick or they are lost. Just like those yesterday who were able to get the glitch credit unknowingly.

I absolutely agree that this is a great deal and the more I learn about the way the SYWR work, it seems very nice. I am anxious to hear what deal you have for Pokemon Black/White to combo my credit from this one.

Like many CAGs I appreciate the work you have put into this program. I can honestly say K-Mart is slowly moving from "I never shop there" to "Best local gaming deals" due to your work. Keep it up.

[quote name='hoofrog']My comment was simply a poke at the "patience is a virtue" line. Normally to get good deals you need to be quick or they are lost. Just like those yesterday who were able to get the glitch credit unknowingly.

I absolutely agree that this is a great deal and the more I learn about the way the SYWR work, it seems very nice. I am anxious to hear what deal you have for Pokemon Black/White to combo my credit from this one.

Like many CAGs I appreciate the work you have put into this program. I can honestly say K-Mart is slowly moving from "I never shop there" to "Best local gaming deals" due to your work. Keep it up.[/QUOTE]
My bad, really appreciate the kind words. Thanks!

I signed up and opted-in for emails just yesterday. Can I go to K-Mart today, buy MvC3 give them my phone number or w/e, and get the 25k points?

I grabbed Dragon Quest 6 last night when I went to get MvC, and missed out on the bonus points. I should have known better, but the cashier told me it scanned as on sale ( I know, never listen to the employees). Should I just do a return and rebuy to get the points?

I only skimmed the last couple pages and this is my first time using the SYWR card, but I just picked up DQ6 and did NOT get any bonus points, only base points. I apologize if I missed it, but I only saw where MvC3 isn't getting points right now due to the glitch, but I believe it was stated that DQ6 should still be good to go. I'm going to wait to make sure that this isn't just me before emailing Josh though, has anyone else had any other problems with DQ6 today?

"Also, even though there's a SYWR glitch for buying two MvC3 games (giving out $100 rewards rather than $50), the damage extended to ONE card"

I assume this has been fixed by now, hasn't it?

Wow- people are having problems with the SYWR program. SHOCKER!.
I know that this was the only solution due to the D-bags abusing the coupons but I knew this would be a disaster.
I certainly understand that Josh will make good on any deals that don't work as he did for me with BlOps, but that is such a hassle. I would just rather not buy anything until coupons come back.
One day, hopefully, we will all be able to walk into a KMart, the games will be there stocked in abundance, they will ring up correctly, points will be posted/coupons given, and we walk out in 5 minutes. We can all dream can't we?

[quote name='bretfav']Wow- people are having problems with the SYWR program. SHOCKER!.
I know that this was the only solution due to the D-bags abusing the coupons but I knew this would be a disaster.
I certainly understand that Josh will make good on any deals that don't work as he did for me with BlOps, but that is such a hassle. I would just rather not buy anything until coupons come back.
One day, hopefully, we will all be able to walk into a KMart, the games will be there stocked in abundance, they will ring up correctly, points will be posted/coupons given, and we walk out in 5 minutes. We can all dream can't we?[/QUOTE]
Yes we can.

Honestly, waiting for any deal to POST is no deal. These games are just to get you to return to the store. Time and gas kill it every time. Price matching works every time-immediately. Just make KMart the best in the business. Forget gimmicks and price this stuff to draw us in. 3 year old title collecting dust at MSRP is all you see besides these deals. PRICE IT TO MOVE!!!

[quote name='shepsheppard']Shep shepperd wants to know if those that got in on the 100 bonus yesterday are going to be able to keep it and not have it adjusted.[/QUOTE]

The SYWR team decided to let people who don't refer to themselves in the third person keep the $100. Your account will be adjusted down to $50.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yeah I know, but I was going to buy the CE, dump it off, then use the $25 on the standard version, then use the $25 on that towards something else.

If I have to wait a week on the points, it's worthless to me as I don't make an effort to go out to K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

wow. we all feel really sorry for your troubles.

[quote name='zaxxon2000']Honestly, waiting for any deal to POST is no deal. These games are just to get you to return to the store. Time and gas kill it every time. Price matching works every time-immediately. Just make KMart the best in the business. Forget gimmicks and price this stuff to draw us in. 3 year old title collecting dust at MSRP is all you see besides these deals. PRICE IT TO MOVE!!![/QUOTE]
Over 1100 titles were just moved below MSRP this week. The amounts of which may be argueable but it is occuring.

As far as a delayed posting, $25 dollars from the biggest release of the quarter is the best offer out in the market regardless of a short delay in receiving the points.

From a deal perspective we are in a constant battle with Amazon for offering the best release deals on the market. In May we are testing a new store design concept that took over a year for me to get approved and we are currently working on a massive .com site overhall. Definitely trying my best to improve things as much as I can. From an execution perspective we are very close to enforcing photos prior to 8a.m. for all new releases which I hope will help as well. We'll see how it goes, but in the meantime I'll settle for being the fastest growing B&M video game seller in the industry right now.

Anyway, my two cents. I really don't disagree with you, I just don't think what we are doing is mere gimmicks though.

Uggggggghh. I was going to go today to get a reg copy of MVC3, and then use the points on DQVI. Now that's blown out of the water...

[quote name='ubdu']Uggggggghh. I was going to go today to get a reg copy of MVC3, and then use the points on DQVI. Now that's blown out of the water...[/QUOTE]
It does suck, definitely not my call. I think if there is a glitch you should just eat the losses and take it as a learning experience. I definitley do not control the SYWR program though.

Question:

I signed up for SYWR like Sunday or Monday through the website. I printed off my temporary card til the real one arrives. I have no idea though if I am "opted in" to emails appropriately.

I signed into my account and under the "get special offers via email through..." and I could check like kmart, sears, etc. In that section I did check Kmart and clicked "save"

Should that be enough or is there something else?

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']Question:

I signed up for SYWR like Sunday or Monday through the website. I printed off my temporary card til the real one arrives. I have no idea though if I am "opted in" to emails appropriately.

I signed into my account and under the "get special offers via email through..." and I could check like kmart, sears, etc. In that section I did check Kmart and clicked "save"

Should that be enough or is there something else?[/QUOTE]
That is definitely all you have to do.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It does suck, definitely not my call. I think if there is a glitch you should just eat the losses and take it as a learning experience. I definitley do not control the SYWR program though.[/QUOTE]

I totally don't blame you, Josh. You rock, but the three stooges running everything else around you need a kick in the pants.

If everyone complained to corporate instead of you about Kmart not having their stock ready on release day would it make any difference?

And just to be clear I dont mean to say you cant get things done because you clearly are, I just mean would it be more effective for us to complain to the right people for that specific issue as opposed to whining to you about it on a message board..

[quote name='confoosious']The SYWR team decided to let people who don't refer to themselves in the third person keep the $100. Your account will be adjusted down to $50.

wow. we all feel really sorry for your troubles.[/QUOTE]

Wow. No reason to be a dumb shit about it.

It's not a big deal for me as I got it on Amazon for less.

Was just pointing out my luck.

Thanks again, Josh, for all the effort. I'm going to try to find a Castlevania CE. I realize some CAGs say $30 is MSRP for it, but I don't believe them.

[quote name='shepsheppard']Shep shepperd wants to know if those that got in on the 100 bonus yesterday are going to be able to keep it and not have it adjusted.[/QUOTE]

You could at least spell your own name right.

[quote name='ubdu']I totally don't blame you, Josh. You rock, but the three stooges running everything else around you need a kick in the pants.[/QUOTE]:applause:
Sure is quiet without Altanis. Was he banned?
Anyone else want to see the Pokemon deal?

[quote name='ShockandAww']If everyone complained to corporate instead of you about Kmart not having their stock ready on release day would it make any difference?

And just to be clear I dont mean to say you cant get things done because you clearly are, I just mean would it be more effective for us to complain to the right people for that specific issue as opposed to whining to you about it on a message board..[/QUOTE]
There was once a CAG, he may still be lurking around, that sent me a word doc letter explaining the travesty of the operational performance that was sent to the highest levels of the office and is making a difference (though it is not in effect yet). If anyone ever has time that they would like to dedicate in writing a respectful well thought out letter to me, I will make sure it gets to the right people.

In the past I've just reiterated polls and personal feedback, a good argument from a customer though is something that requires attention.

Will Kmart be getting the KZ3 Helghast Edition or PS Move Helgast Edition. If so is there a sheet with the #'s each store may receive?

Holy crap, Altanis was "silenced". I was wondering why he didn't go apeshit over some of the stuff posted on here in the past couple days. I thought maybe he had a stroke.

What's the difference between silenced and banned?

[quote name='cag1000']Will Kmart be getting the KZ3 Helghast Edition or PS Move Helgast Edition. If so is there a sheet with the #'s each store may receive?[/QUOTE]
Yes, they're... E-mail stock boy for info. I know my local Kmart is getting the Helghast Edition twice more than the MvC3 SE (meaning two, lol).

[quote name='confoosious']Holy crap, Altanis was "silenced". I was wondering why he didn't go apeshit over some of the stuff posted on here in the past couple days. I thought maybe he had a stroke.

What's the difference between silenced and banned?[/QUOTE]

And people wondered why he was nominated for villain of the year =P

[quote name='Serpentor']Yes, they're... E-mail stock boy for info. I know my local Kmart is getting the Helghast Edition twice more than the MvC3 SE (meaning two, lol).[/QUOTE]

Thanks anyone have the spreadsheet? Hate to annoy stock boy for fear of him getting tired of sending out updates....

[quote name='bbaumbar']Josh, just got back from buying 2 copies of DQVI and didn't get any bonus points. What info do you need me to send you?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, although I just got one. Maybe they'll be added next week, like the MVC deal?

[quote name='cag1000']Thanks anyone have the spreadsheet? Hate to annoy stock boy for fear of him getting tired of sending out updates....[/QUOTE]

go fuck yourself spreadsheet!!!! you ruin my MVC deal :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
seriously don't ask for a damn spreadsheet man that will open a can of worms

Just out of curiosity do the $25 worth of SYWR points from MvC3, will those work on anything at Kmart once they're added or are they limited to just videogames like the old coupons?

[quote name='adamical']I grabbed Dragon Quest 6 last night when I went to get MvC, and missed out on the bonus points. I should have known better, but the cashier told me it scanned as on sale ( I know, never listen to the employees). Should I just do a return and rebuy to get the points?[/QUOTE]

Email Josh (look in OP) he'll take care of you.

In regards to the unofficial poll of waiting 7 days for points to post: I'd rather have an instant post (preferably none) with a few glitches than wait 7 days. I do like the current quick return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back