Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aleraiders']personally the $20/$25 savings is better because if you really wanted to spend it on a psn/xbl card you can use it with a coupon or SYWR card...but if u dont need the psn/xbl cards your only saving $10 or so

maybe the timing of deals isnt right.....the dead space 2 + 1600pts card for the "first strike" dlc was perfect....[/QUOTE]
Totally agree; I'm getting cap'd by the SYWR's so I added the extra value to help compensate.

Great deals and prices!!!

wasn't gonna think about getting DA2 on release day but now i've to think about it. would totally sweeter if it was free 20$ PSN card instead of spending more cash. :p

[quote name='Lyricsborn']I know the Epic edition for 360 is for GW3 Beta but is there something special for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

• 25,000 Experience Points
  • Visual Upgrades for the Iconic Leash
  • Deadly Peace Maker Carbine
  • Additional Boots and Armor
Comes in all LE's for Bulletstorm.

[quote name='d3ting']Great deals and prices!!!

wasn't gonna think about getting DA2 on release day but now i've to think about it. would totally sweeter if it was free 20$ PSN card instead of spending more cash. :p[/QUOTE]
Interested in other CAG's impressions on this comment as well. I can't do both:

What would be better $20 free or $30 off $50.

[quote name='jokoloko']How limited is the picture you receive for buying Marvel vs. Capcom 3? [/QUOTE]I picked up a Special Edition today and wasn't given jack. Should I go back for goodies?

Removed Off Topic posts from thread.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Interested in other CAG's impressions on this comment as well. I can't do both:

What would be better $20 free or $30 off $50.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm that is a tough one. I am low on MSP so for $20 I can get 4000 points. Or I can get the game plus 1600 points for $50. Deducting the $20 points for the card makes the game cost $30 essentially. A 4000 point card and the game would essentially cost $70, then deduct the $50 from that and the game costs $20 in the end. So I guess I would prefer to pay $20 for the points card since it saves me $10 more in the long run.

[quote name='jokoloko']How limited is the picture you receive for buying Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

I purchased the game day after release and did not get anything and when i asked the kmart worker, he had no idea what i was talking about with the points and the poster.
Thing is i never really had any problems with my kmart regarding the deals before this.[/QUOTE]

OP says there were 6000 total for the entire chain. divide that by all the stores and I'd guess between 4-10/store

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Interested in other CAG's impressions on this comment as well. I can't do both:

Personally $20 free would be better, sitting on alot of points and see no need for points anytime soon.

[quote name='guinaevere']I picked up a Special Edition today and wasn't given jack. Should I go back for goodies?

Removed Off Topic posts from thread.[/QUOTE]
There was only 6k for the chain but it is definitely possible that there may be some left. They were featured in the circular so the stores should know about them. Best of luck!

For me i would love to have Crysis 2 and a $50 PSN card for around 80 bucks.

Maybe some Kmart stores are just lazy in putting up the free MVC3 poster tag? My local one specifically has a big red tag that states MVC3 comes with a free photo print.

I personally didn't care. I was checked out and completely forgot about the free photo print before the cashier handed it out.

[quote name='shc-gamer']interested in other cag's impressions on this comment as well. I can't do both:

What would be better $20 free or $30 off $50.[/quote]

Alternate every few titles!!! :D

Been awhile since i've shopped at Kmart. I was on the coupon train for awhile though last year. I'm going to grab 1 of these MvC3 saturday before the deal ends. Then be back next week to get Bulletstorm and Killzone or maybe both using the $25 lol.

Haven't been in any of these SYWR card deals although I do have one from last year... How long after your purchase is it untill you can redeem your points?

Personally, I'm all for the $30 off $50 instead. Even if you have no need for $50 immediately, you can save it and buy stuff later. $10 is $10 more. If it was just $20 PSN card, it'd be like any other promotion.

for me it could be either, but most people really don't buy much stuff on psn, so the 20 off would be perfect for them. i usually spend about 100 or more a month on games from the psn store so this would be better for me...

[quote name='medetron']for me it could be either, but most people really don't buy much stuff on psn, so the 20 off would be perfect for them. i usually spend about 100 or more a month on games from the psn store so this would be better for me...[/QUOTE]

Do they even put out $1200/year worth of content on PSN? Jesus dude.

lol at spending $100 a month on PSN

I would say the $30 off points/PSN is a good once a month promo? wouldn't want it for every title.

I realized there's some good PSOne games on there that I don't have yet so I'm looking forward to the crysis deal. I love being able to put those on my PSPgo.

I've contacted everyone that's emailed me and am 100% caught up. Please reach back out if you have not heard from me.

[quote name='takotchi']What about Square-Enix's Tomb Raider Trilogy? :twoguns:[/QUOTE]
Date still looks good on Tomb Raider, deal is definitely TBD. I had them all leveraged together as a B2G1 but with the shift I have to adjust strats.

So newb question. Is it better to sign up in the store for the SYWR program or online? Going to try to get MvC3 tomorrow if I can and was wondering if I should go ahead and sign up before I got up tomorrow.

I'll be totally down if the Pokemon Black/White offer is buy one, get one 50% off, as I was planning to buy both to appease the wife (she's a big Pokemon fan)

Any plans for KMart to carry or offer any deals on either Dynasty Warriors 7 or Warriors: Legends of Troy? (both Koei March releases...)

[quote name='coopx']is the kmart sale for enslave going to be this sunday (feb. 20)? and is it in-store or online sale[/QUOTE]
Starts this Sunday and instore only. Thanks!

[quote name='coopx']is the kmart sale for enslave going to be this sunday (feb. 20)? and is it in-store or online sale[/QUOTE]

Sale starts sunday, all sales posted here are in-store only.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I'll be totally down if the Pokemon Black/White offer is buy one, get one 50% off, as I was planning to buy both to appease the wife (she's a big Pokemon fan)

Any plans for KMart to carry or offer any deals on either Dynasty Warriors 7 or Warriors: Legends of Troy? (both Koei March releases...)[/QUOTE]
We will be carrying DW7 and it will be $10 off at launch. I'll ad it to the OP.

[quote name='Sa2vador']So newb question. Is it better to sign up in the store for the SYWR program or online? Going to try to get MvC3 tomorrow if I can and was wondering if I should go ahead and sign up before I got up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Instore is definitely better in my opinion.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We will be carrying DW7 and it will be $10 off at launch. I'll ad it to the OP.[/QUOTE]

Woot! Thanks again Josh. I realize that it might not be as profitable to stock more niche titles, but without anyone else in that space besides Gamestop, some retail outlet might have to come in to "save the day" ;) (can't wait to see what plans will arise from the focus group....)

This has probably been answered before...

The DA2 and Crysis 2 deals...can I pick up the games for my 360, and get the points card for psn?

Definitely $20 free. I would rather have SYWR points or something to take dollars off the next game but if points are the only option, I don't use enough to want to spend $20 extra on top of the game I just bought.

$30 off 50 is definitely the better of the two. Unless people don't expect to ever use $50 in the PSN/XBLA stores (which is doubtful) I don't see why anyone would want the free $20. But people don't really like to pay too much out of pocket to experience savings, so I can only assume the free $20 would look like the better deal to the general consumer.

A special and great big thank you to Josh! I emailed him about an issue I had, and he responded literally within hours and unlike my kmarts, was willing to help! Kinda bummed that I missed out on the mvc3 special edition because my store was only getting one and although i called when they opened, the guy just told me to call back later. And of course when i did, it was gone! Anyways, Josh has definitely restored my faith in kmart/sears, especially since i was a former sears employee! This guy works wonders! Thanks again! =)

I'd prefer the $20 free card deal but again I'm not planning on getting any of these upcoming games. Seems pretty evenly split.

You could do both and just make sure beforehand there's no ridiculous glitch when people try to get both a $50 and a $20 in the same transaction. Or multiples, or any other variation.

That's a great deal on Yakuza 4. I'm not really interested in the game though. Actually never played any of the Yakuza games. Just commenting on the nice deal is all!

Definitely 20 dollars off a future purchase. Spending more money to save isn't as enticing with Amazon just a click away. Kmart and Amazon are now competing for my gaming purchases love :)

I'm on my phone so can't read much...
I bought mvc3 ps3 the other day and am waiting for my 25k points can I pick up another copy of mvc3 ps3 for a friend of mine and get 25k more points or is the "limit 2" only if u buy different versions?

The first kmart I went to doesn't even have any in stock and the lady behind the counter didn't know ass from elbows. Would love to know for sure before I go to another kmart

I'm a pretty cheap guy so my gaming dollar doesn't go as far as those folks that have to get every game at launch. I just don't have the funds for that. But, Josh- if KMart keeps this up, they have my retail gaming dollar in a day when our choices are between a bait-and-switch electronics retailer, an overpriced specialty store who bought up or ran all of their competition out of business, and two big box stores where gaming is just another add on to homewares, clothing, and groceries.

I know I'm not the most desirable customer as I don't churn high priced games- I got DQ6 yesterday at KMart and I'm sure I'll be getting Pokemon but rare are the games I get at launch. However, I just moved to Indianapolis a few months ago and this is the first time I had been to a KMart.

I hope this above sentence can get back to your corporate folks: This is the first time I had been to a KMart since moving to a new city. I drove out of my way to go there to take advantage of this deal for a store I wouldn't have given a second thought to three months ago. That's going to lead to add-on sales on some visits which are dollars that won't even show up on the gaming ledger (tho I guess it will on the SWYR card).

This is a great, aggressive campaign with good marketing and outreach to a group that I think most retail outlets would rather not even have. I only hope we can generate enough positive response and revenue that they see good returns and it keeps the money and deals going.

SI

I think the $30 off a $50 card is the better deal (as long as the stores have the $50 cards). If I got a $50 PSN card, I would be set for a good while.

is there going to be a legitimate ad for the killzone deal? kmart is 40 miles away and I want an ad to bring into best buy to make a price match so I can burn my credit, if not I got to use amazon.

[quote name='Ribkage']I'm on my phone so can't read much...
I bought mvc3 ps3 the other day and am waiting for my 25k points can I pick up another copy of mvc3 ps3 for a friend of mine and get 25k more points or is the "limit 2" only if u buy different versions? [/QUOTE]

Regardless, the 25k bonus is only good until store closing tonight.. your points won't post until next week .. so you won't get 25k more points next week. You need to buy another copy TODAY at full price since your 25k points won't be available.

is there going to be a legitimate ad for the killzone deal? kmart is 40 miles away and I want an ad to bring into best buy to make a price match so I can burn my credit, if not I got to use amazon.

An ad for what? You will automatically get 20k bonus points on your SYWR card.. you don't need an ad for anything.. no reason to convince employees that a deal exists, everything's automatic so you'll get the points whether they're aware of the bonus or not

[quote name='Scorch']An ad for what? You will automatically get 20k bonus points on your SYWR card.. you don't need an ad for anything.. no reason to convince employees that a deal exists, everything's automatic so you'll get the points whether they're aware of the bonus or not[/QUOTE]

He wants a Kmart ad so he doesn't have to buy from Kmart... :lol:

[quote name='fujimitsu']Do they even put out $1200/year worth of content on PSN? Jesus dude.[/QUOTE]

that isn't that much really, and yes in a month theres over 100 sometimes with games raging from 10,15, and sometimes 30-40. i like to have different games since me and my wife play it almost every day. with the help of family and friends constantly coming over i like to entertain while i get food or beverages ready for the night so the psn store helps me out with games and sometimes movies. only just started sometime ago but already massed over 165 titles bought from the psn store :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back