Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up :ps3: MVC3 and other house hold items as well....was hoping for some shc-gamer magic but it didnt work out

edit - my son loves his poster/pic...i would go broke just to see his reaction when he saw the pic....thanks shc

Is there a trick to signing up online... I have an account and card, but it won't let me register the info online (so that I can get back on the bandwagon). Just keeps giving me error messages.

Such as...

"We're sorry, but we are having trouble matching your membership number to our records. Please fill out one of the below fields so we can confirm you are the owner of this member number."

and then...

"Invalid first name and zip code combination. Please try again or call customer support at 1-800-991-8708."

Which I must say is very frustrating.

Count me in for the free 20 dollar card with dragon age. I dont need 50 dollars in psn points and i dont really like the idea of spending 80 dollars to get 110 worth of product. I forsee point of sale issues with 30 off 50 cards too...

[quote name='kosmos13x']Josh said it will be activated through all kmart store chains starting tomorrow for the week.[/QUOTE]

I swore I wouldnt come back but since I havent seen anyone address what I mentioned I figured it was worth bringing up again. Enslaved had a price drop to 19.99 today, which was already activated by my store manager, so I dont know how this deal is going to work now considering they arent going to give you the game for free. If stores havent activated the PLC then it probably wont effect the deal, if they have though it could create a problem.

[quote name='kitm9891']I swore I wouldnt come back but since I havent seen anyone address what I mentioned I figured it was worth bringing up again. Enslaved had a price drop to 19.99 today, which was already activated by my store manager, so I dont know how this deal is going to work now considering they arent going to give you the game for free. If stores havent activated the PLC then it probably wont effect the deal, if they have though it could create a problem.[/QUOTE]

Why would they give you the game for free? I'm not sure I understand what the problem is here. Enslaved is now $20 standard, on sale for $15 next week. Enslaved has nothing to do with the PSN/xbl card offers, or any credit offers.

[quote name='kitm9891']I swore I wouldnt come back but since I havent seen anyone address what I mentioned I figured it was worth bringing up again. Enslaved had a price drop to 19.99 today, which was already activated by my store manager, so I dont know how this deal is going to work now considering they arent going to give you the game for free. If stores havent activated the PLC then it probably wont effect the deal, if they have though it could create a problem.[/QUOTE]
Event pricing overides every other adjustment, the game will ring up at $14.99 regardless of the price move. Answered via pebble as well.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Why would they give you the game for free? I'm not sure I understand what the problem is here. Enslaved is now $20 standard, on sale for $15 next week. Enslaved has nothing to do with the PSN/xbl card offers, or any credit offers.[/QUOTE]

My concern was more with the fact that it was worded as 25.00 off, with the game being lowered to 19.99 I wasnt sure if that would effect the deal or not considering you obviously cant take 25.00 off an item thats already below that amount. I wasnt aware how this situation worked so I wanted to mention it to get clarification before Sunday.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Event pricing overides every other adjustment, the game will ring up at $14.99 regardless of the price move. Answered via pebble as well.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the response. Im unable to check pebble from home as I tried and it wont let me login when Im not clocked in. I wasnt sure on how something like this would work so I figured it best to ask.

[quote name='kitm9891']My concern was more with the fact that it was worded as 25.00 off, with the game being lowered to 19.99 I wasnt sure if that would effect the deal or not considering you obviously cant take 25.00 off an item thats already below that amount. I wasnt aware how this situation worked so I wanted to mention it to get clarification before Sunday.

Appreciate the response. Im unable to check pebble from home as I tried and it wont let me login when Im not clocked in. I wasnt sure on how something like this would work so I figured it best to ask.[/QUOTE]
No problem, I tremendously appreciate you being on the thread and your question. Your contribution is invaluable as really one of the only store associates participating here.

I picked up DQVI and received the points as expected. I had to go to a second Kmart since the first one was sold out. The second store didn't have the game on display but the guy was nice enough to offer to check the back for a copy. I thought I had missed out but then he came back with 3 copies. Both stores had several copies of Enslaved so I'm good for tomorrow.

I noticed that they had the GH version of FF Tactics :psp: priced at $9.99. I was really tempted to buy it even though I already own it.

Was at my K-Mart tonight since I was out and about to see how many copies of enslaved they had and checked on points cards. They have one 4000 points card and no 1600, doesnt bode well at my location for the DA 2/Homefront/Crysis 2 deals next month.

My Kmarts sucked when it came to DQ6. Out of 4 Kmarts, Only 2 of them got copies. Well, I should say that only 2 bothered to put copies out and even then they only got 3 copies each, which apparently I missed because each time I tried to call to see if they got them in, I would normally have to wait 15-30 mins for someone in electronics to bother answering or for anyone to acknowledge I was still waiting, that I would have to give up (I seriously have an iphone screencap of my 33 min of waiting for one store). I did however waste a lot of time going to all 4 stores everyday, which is how I found out I missed them at 2 of the stores and the other 2 stores constantly said they never got the game in. When I pointed out the weekly ad saying it was available the 16th and asked if they could check the back, one store said "It is not our policy to do inventory checks during store hours". To which my reply was "Look, if you're gonna be lazy, just own up to being lazy. I can't force you to go back there, but I can write a letter" and then walked away. The other store's attendant responded by giving me what felt like a 5 minute explanation of how their inventory system works (like I was 12 and somehow it required a PhD to fathom) and how they always have their inventory out as soon as it comes in (This was the same store that still had not put out MvC3 by 8pm on the 16th).

Working for an airline, I constantly hear the phrase "I will never fly you guys again". To this the same thought always goes through my head: "You will if we are cheap enough". I guess the same holds true here.
If it werent for the deals and Josh being Kmart's only redeeming customer service marvel, I'd give up on them altogether.

Somebody's probably already asked about Tactics Ogre, but I looked and couldn't find anything, so... any plans on a deal for it in the near future? Temporary price drop, perhaps? Or are you guys not carrying it? ^_^;;;

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Event pricing overides every other adjustment, the game will ring up at $14.99 regardless of the price move. Answered via pebble as well.[/QUOTE]

I have to question the effectiveness of using pebble as a reliable distribution of information, as you cannot access it when you're not clocked in. I myself have logged in twice, once while setting it up the first time and the second time when HR said we had to "follow" certain higher ups. I don't understand quite what they are trying to accomplish with pebble, since nobody has any time to get on while actually at work. I don't know if its just the store I work at or the whole chain (assuming the latter from everything I hear on this forum) but we electronic workers are spread pretty thin, also doing other departments.

Maybe you can elaborate on what pebble is supposed to be like?

$20 for the $50 PSN card.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Josh said it will be activated through all kmart store chains starting tomorrow for the week.[/QUOTE]

Is this accurate for this week? I only saw the KZ3 and BS 20,000 point deals?

[quote name='thanossurfer']$20 for the $50 PSN card.

Is this accurate for this week? I only saw the KZ3 and BS 20,000 point deals?[/QUOTE]

Whoever said that I believe was intending to respond to the question about the deal on Enslaved for $14.99. The points card deal is a tie-in promotion with Dragon Age 2 and will only work if bought together with that (assuming that's the deal Josh goes with) when it comes out.

So is there been a timeline set for when we should expect our rewards points from MVC3. I hate for everyone to flood josh's in box before sywr people have a chance to do there jobs... but darn i would love to have them for tuesday :)

[quote name='chriscolbert']Whoever said that I believe was intending to respond to the question about the deal on Enslaved for $14.99. The points card deal is a tie-in promotion with Dragon Age 2 and will only work if bought together with that (assuming that's the deal Josh goes with) when it comes out.[/QUOTE]
Yes, this is correct. There is no PSN/XBLA offer this week. Those offers are in conjunction with Crysis 2 and DA 2.

[quote name='djgizmo772']So is there been a timeline set for when we should expect our rewards points from MVC3. I hate for everyone to flood josh's in box before sywr people have a chance to do there jobs... but darn i would love to have them for tuesday :)[/QUOTE]
It will be the first thing I ask them on Monday. They did not give me a timeline besides "next week"

[quote name='martinez91']I have to question the effectiveness of using pebble as a reliable distribution of information, as you cannot access it when you're not clocked in. I myself have logged in twice, once while setting it up the first time and the second time when HR said we had to "follow" certain higher ups. I don't understand quite what they are trying to accomplish with pebble, since nobody has any time to get on while actually at work. I don't know if its just the store I work at or the whole chain (assuming the latter from everything I hear on this forum) but we electronic workers are spread pretty thin, also doing other departments.

Maybe you can elaborate on what pebble is supposed to be like?[/QUOTE]
Like most corporate decisions, the roads are paved with good intentions.

A free flowing micro blog site for the quick exchange of ideas and information is a good idea on paper but without easy access internet access in-store, dedicated time to use it and any moderation it may never be as effective as it needs to be.

[quote name='n10zguy']My Kmarts sucked when it came to DQ6. Out of 4 Kmarts, Only 2 of them got copies. Well, I should say that only 2 bothered to put copies out and even then they only got 3 copies each, which apparently I missed because each time I tried to call to see if they got them in, I would normally have to wait 15-30 mins for someone in electronics to bother answering or for anyone to acknowledge I was still waiting, that I would have to give up (I seriously have an iphone screencap of my 33 min of waiting for one store). I did however waste a lot of time going to all 4 stores everyday, which is how I found out I missed them at 2 of the stores and the other 2 stores constantly said they never got the game in. When I pointed out the weekly ad saying it was available the 16th and asked if they could check the back, one store said "It is not our policy to do inventory checks during store hours". To which my reply was "Look, if you're gonna be lazy, just own up to being lazy. I can't force you to go back there, but I can write a letter" and then walked away. The other store's attendant responded by giving me what felt like a 5 minute explanation of how their inventory system works (like I was 12 and somehow it required a PhD to fathom) and how they always have their inventory out as soon as it comes in (This was the same store that still had not put out MvC3 by 8pm on the 16th).

Working for an airline, I constantly hear the phrase "I will never fly you guys again". To this the same thought always goes through my head: "You will if we are cheap enough". I guess the same holds true here.
If it werent for the deals and Josh being Kmart's only redeeming customer service marvel, I'd give up on them altogether.[/QUOTE]
Awesome......I'm hoping you sent me a note on this. Absolutely ridiculous.

Josh, I'm eying Dragon Age 2, Homefront, and Crysis 2. My problem is I live in NJ. :cry:

Is it safe to say that since I can't take advantage of the discounts/free 360/PS3 cards, that I can get gift cards to make up for it by emailing you?

I just want to make sure that this policy will still be in effect before committing to buy the upcoming games. Thanks in advance.

When are you finally going to be putting these deals online. I would've bought a lot of stuff from Kmart for a long time if these were online. My nearest Kmart is over an hour away and there is no way I'm driving up there for a game.

[quote name='RySenkari']Somebody's probably already asked about Tactics Ogre, but I looked and couldn't find anything, so... any plans on a deal for it in the near future? Temporary price drop, perhaps? Or are you guys not carrying it? ^_^;;;[/QUOTE]

Kmart isn't going to be carrying Tactics Ogre. Too niche.

I'll be opening up the copy I got from GS.com in a liitle while. I had a $10 coupon code, $25 giftcard and some store credit so I paid zero out of pocket for it. If Kmart would've had a promo for it, I would've bought it there. I do understand the reasoning for the decision, though.

[quote name='ubdu']Josh, I'm eying Dragon Age 2, Homefront, and Crysis 2. My problem is I live in NJ. :cry:

Is it safe to say that since I can't take advantage of the discounts/free 360/PS3 cards, that I can get gift cards to make up for it by emailing you?

I just want to make sure that this policy will still be in effect before committing to buy the upcoming games. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm thinking, I'll probably handle New Jersey myself :)

[quote name='wjda_krow2']When are you finally going to be putting these deals online. I would've bought a lot of stuff from Kmart for a long time if these were online. My nearest Kmart is over an hour away and there is no way I'm driving up there for a game.[/QUOTE]
Definitely are biggest project this year is to remake the site and have these offers cross over more. During the holiday .com emulated in-store coupons in kind of messy way so we are working to streamline the process. In fact, in the OP you'll notice a survey that is leading to focus groups for feedback on our inter-connected concepts for .com.

I've been out of the loop on this thread for a couple days.
Josh, you set a one week deadline for the clearance drops right? And you asked the stores for proof it's been done and that the games are segregated from the higher priced games?
Should we email you if this hasn't been done as of today?

Also, is there any deal on the party bundle for DJ Hero 2? The one with the two turntables and the microphone?

[quote name='jjknap']Anyone confirm the Enslaved deal today?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that I picked it up for $14.99. Didn't come with a comic book though.. I thought it would according to what someone posted in the gamestop thread.

[quote name='sunghost']I can confirm that I picked it up for $14.99. Didn't come with a comic book though.. I thought it would according to what someone posted in the gamestop thread.[/QUOTE]

If you wanted it for collecting you may have missed out on the early copies that had it. Otherwise if you plan on selling it later, not having the comic makes it easier to trade in as Amazon wouldnt take the comic book version back when it was released. Different SKU or UPC I think.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I've been out of the loop on this thread for a couple days.
Josh, you set a one week deadline for the clearance drops right? And you asked the stores for proof it's been done and that the games are segregated from the higher priced games?
Should we email you if this hasn't been done as of today?

Also, is there any deal on the party bundle for DJ Hero 2? The one with the two turntables and the microphone?[/QUOTE]
Pricing should be updated today, we extended the setting up of the displays for two weeks due to the amount of titles. I would definitely like to know if pricing isn't updated though.

No party bundle discount yet; I don't believe we brought in much of that sku.

[quote name='sunghost']I can confirm that I picked it up for $14.99. Didn't come with a comic book though.. I thought it would according to what someone posted in the gamestop thread.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up the 360 version for $14.99. My copy came with comic book, though. I guess I got lucky.

[quote name='emg28']I just picked up the 360 version for $14.99. My copy came with comic book, though. I guess I got lucky.[/QUOTE]

Was it inside of the game case or outside of it? I'm assuming that it's not inside the game case, haven't opened my copy up yet. I checked 2 k-marts, and while both had 3 copies each of the 360 version, neither seemed to have the comic book.

Picked up Enslaved $14.99 in Wooster Ohio. Came with comic, had another 6-8 copies. Thanks for the great deal!

For anyone looking on the west side of Cleveland, there's no Enslaved at the K-Mart on Bagley but about 8-10 with the comic book at the one on Brookpark/Ridge.

Kind of surprising considering that the K-Mart on Brookpark has more of a ghetto urban clientele but the electronics section is real nice there compared to the neglected dump of a section they crammed in the corner at the one on Bagley.

[quote name='sunghost']Was it inside of the game case or outside of it? I'm assuming that it's not inside the game case, haven't opened my copy up yet. I checked 2 k-marts, and while both had 3 copies each of the 360 version, neither seemed to have the comic book.[/QUOTE]

The comic book is on the inside with the manual. It has a sticker on the front of the case.

Thanks everyone! I picked-up Enslaved PS3 at kankakee KMart--it had the comic book. They had 10 or so copies left.

[quote name='emg28']The comic book is on the inside with the manual. It has a sticker on the front of the case.[/QUOTE]

ah ok, I'll be checking another k-mart tonight so I'll look for the sticker. wasn't a total loss for me though, I bought metroid prime trilogy for 49.99.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']So... should we assume that the Pokemon deal fell through?[/QUOTE]
Still working on it. We'll have something.

[quote name='RySenkari']Yeah, but it's Square Enix... No Square Enix title is too niche :p

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for Amazon to have it for $20 in a few months.[/QUOTE]

That was my thinking but I guess Josh felt otherwise. I'm pretty sure that any copies not sold in the first week would've eventually ended up in the bargain bin.

[quote name='emg28']That was my thinking but I guess Josh felt otherwise. I'm pretty sure that any copies not sold in the first week would've eventually ended up in the bargain bin.[/QUOTE]
To be honest almost all PSP product that is above $19.99 is a hard sell at the moment.

First time going to Kmart in years. Picked up Enslaved for 14.99 with the comic book at the Kmart in Redlands, CA. Can confirm Dead Space 2 was on sell as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back