Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']My member number has been sufficient in my experience using SYWR for the past couple of weeks. No one has asked for my pin number.[/QUOTE]

Did you redeem points? They need a pin for that.

Just went to my local Kmart and grabed a copy of Enslaved with comic book for $12 i used my Reward points on it, i was satisfied with the customer service.

There's 1 more left in stock , Covina CA

[quote name='confoosious']Did you redeem points? They need a pin for that.[/QUOTE]

Oh I get what you're saying. I completely misunderstood the context of the original question. I haven't redeemed points yet. I was referring to making regular purchases, not redeeming the points. I haven't redeemed points yet (waiting until Bulletstorm on Tuesday). But I agree that they'll need my pin number. Sorry for the confusion.

Not sure if its been pointed out yet, but the kmart.com website is still taking preorders for True Crime: Hong Kong. But its been canceled.

[quote name='mitnosi']Not sure if its been pointed out yet, but the kmart.com website is still taking preorders for True Crime: Hong Kong. But its been canceled.[/QUOTE]

Wonder how long people have to wait for a refund(in the case that kmart charges pre-orders before they ship)?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm really hoping for better execution this week. The blog was communicated to the field in a new way.[/QUOTE]

Much better in my opinion, it also gives us a point of reference throughout the week.

I suppose I should PM/email Josh about this but I'll post here anyway. I returned the Enslaved copy I first bought that had no comic book (hadn't been opened) and got one that had the comic book tonight. Opened it up and found that one of the clips that holds the manual was broken off of the case. I tried to exchange for another copy but the manager refused, saying that they don't allow returns for opened video games and highlighted the receipt.

I know that a broken case isn't a huge deal, but I didn't buy it with the intention of getting a broken case, and if I had known I wouldn't have bought it. Josh, is there anything I can do about this or am I just gonna have to live with it and find a replacement case? Keep in mind I'm a semi-collector and like to keep and games I buy in mint condition. If it's true that they don't allow exchanges for opened video game software, it sounds rather ridiculous cuz I've bought defective games that wouldn't play in the past (it's rare but happens).

[quote name='confoosious']Did you redeem points? They need a pin for that.[/QUOTE]

You do not need a PIN to redeem points. I have used point three times this week and I've never had a card. You just need to get them to type in your member number and that's it. Say you want to use your points and it will work. Ignore the cashier if they say it won't, just tell them to "try it" and watch their amazed little faces when it works. Personally I think this needs to go in the OP so people can stop asking this question. I know I have answered it at least four times over the course of the threads.

WHAT! Enslaved is really that price. Well damn I need to hit Kmart this week even though the Kmart by me never knows about these deals or have games in stock.

Just got back from my Kmart on Central/Grand in west Duluth and was pleased as punch with the experience. There was no sign for Enslaved, and it was marked at $59.99, but the first employee I found was happy to pull it for a price check, and voila, it rang at $14.99 as promised. Better yet, I noticed that hidden in the back of the case, barely visible behind stacks of other stuff, was a brand spankin'-new Buzz! Quiz TV w/ buzzers, and it rang at the $29.97 quoted on Messr. Deane's February markdown list. LOVE this game, had it for a year and a half but dealt it for a GOW3 Ultimate Ed last Spring and regretted it ever since. Esp. since the price on Quiz World went to $20 or less, and with the wireless buzzers becoming a massive pain in the arse to find. I'm getting Quiz World tomorrow and kicking Dead Space 2 back to the on-deck circle.

Snagged the last copy of SCII out of a store today. Still painful to pay $40 for a 7 month old PC game, but its Activision/Blizzard, so what can you do. $40 will still be a sale price on this thing 3 years from now most likely.

I haven't been in a KMart for a while now (probably since last summer) because they frustrated me a few too many times and I gave up on them, but I decided to give it a try today for the Enslaved deal . . . a different store that was too out of the way for me before, but is near where I live since I moved. Sure enough, they actually came through for me (though only the PS3 version was marked as being on sale, the 360 version rang up for the sale price as well) and there was actually an employee in electronics. Maybe I'll actually have to give KMart a shot again.

Though ugh, the store overall was still as ghetto-tastic as all the others. I don't really get why KMart can't just, I don't know, clean occasionally.

For those asking about the comic book, mine had it, and there is actually a circle printed directly on the front cover (right underneath the title, not a sticker but part of the cover art) which says "Exclusive Enslaved comic book created by Marvel". So look for that -- if it's not there, the comic probably isn't either. I haven't read the comic yet, but it's good-sized for a "mini" comic; I glanced through it, and it looks like a worthwhile bonus.

Definately gonna buy Enslaved tommorow. (Hoping for 360 version, but ill settle for whichever they have left).

Still cant decide if i want to get Bulletstorm though. (Might just wait for the inevitable price drop)

Why's there a sale on the GH WoR bundles but not the software only version when there's a sale on the DJ Hero 2 bundle and standalone software?

[quote name='Scorch']Why's there a sale on the GH WoR bundles but not the software only version when there's a sale on the DJ Hero 2 bundle and standalone software?[/QUOTE]

SAS is also on sale for WoR, I want to say 39.99, but don't quote me on that. I put the signs up this morning :)

My local Kmart still has Enslaved, Naruto Ultima Ninja Storm 1 @ $19.99 and other games the OP has listed at regular price. I went there trying to pick up some of the $19.99 --> $14.99 games in addition to Rapstar, Motorstorm and Castlevania for the prices listed, but none of the prices were as listed. I will try again tomorrow or go to a different Kmart. This is the Hesperia, CA Kmart.

[quote name='mrrepoman']My local Kmart still has Enslaved, Naruto Ultima Ninja Storm 1 @ $19.99 and other games the OP has listed at regular price. I went there trying to pick up some of the $19.99 --> $14.99 games, Rapstar, Motorstorm and Castlevania for the prices listed, but none of the prices were as listed. I will try again tomorrow or go to a different Kmart. This is the Hesperia, CA Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Did you try getting them scanned? Once scanned, they should show up for the correct price. I know one of my stores had enslaved tagged as 19.99 but scanned as 14.99

regarding enslaved (ps3):

does anyone know if you get the platinum trophy just for getting all trophies in the main game, or if you have to get all trophies from the $10 pigsy's perfect ten dlc as well? i can't seem to find a definitive answer.

[quote name='sunghost']Did you try getting them scanned? Once scanned, they should show up for the correct price. I know one of my stores had enslaved tagged as 19.99 but scanned as 14.99[/QUOTE]

I had them do a price check. I will try another Kmart 2morrow. I'm guessing the manager is slacking and not updating their pricing database.

[quote name='PublikDefender']regarding enslaved (ps3):

does anyone know if you get the platinum trophy just for getting all trophies in the main game, or if you have to get all trophies from the $10 pigsy's perfect ten dlc as well? i can't seem to find a definitive answer.[/QUOTE]

Platinum comes from all original trophy's in the main game, DLC trophies are side trophies.

[quote name='mrrepoman']I had them do a price check. I will try another Kmart 2morrow. I'm guessing the manager is slacking and not updating their pricing database.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, but not the first time I've heard of it. I thought Josh said something about the price being in effect even if the employees dont update the pricing database. Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong lol

I was hoping for a KZ3 bundle/offer that would include the playstation move sharp shooter. Or maybe a sharp shooter and navigation controller bundle. Either would be sweet.

Jeff

[quote name='sunghost']I suppose I should PM/email Josh about this but I'll post here anyway. I returned the Enslaved copy I first bought that had no comic book (hadn't been opened) and got one that had the comic book tonight. Opened it up and found that one of the clips that holds the manual was broken off of the case. I tried to exchange for another copy but the manager refused, saying that they don't allow returns for opened video games and highlighted the receipt.

I know that a broken case isn't a huge deal, but I didn't buy it with the intention of getting a broken case, and if I had known I wouldn't have bought it. Josh, is there anything I can do about this or am I just gonna have to live with it and find a replacement case? Keep in mind I'm a semi-collector and like to keep and games I buy in mint condition. If it's true that they don't allow exchanges for opened video game software, it sounds rather ridiculous cuz I've bought defective games that wouldn't play in the past (it's rare but happens).[/QUOTE]

Do you ever trade in games to Gamestop? If you do, the next time you trade in a game for the same system just give them the disc and keep the case.

[quote name='dino88']Do you ever trade in games to Gamestop? If you do, the next time you trade in a game for the same system just give them the disc and keep the case.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I never trade in games. I don't understand why he's giving me trouble though.. I've exchanged games in the past at k-mart. Hell, one of the games I bought had the disc stolen and it was resealed, yet they STILL let me exchange it after explaining what happened. I don't know if k-mart's policy changed since then.

guess ill stop by kmart tom to see if they still have enslaved ps3 for 14.99 cannot go wrong with that price

felt like a boss walking out of kmart with a copy of Enslaved and Wet, both for 14.99 each, and both games i've been waiting to purchase, also on a side note bought a booster of the newest mtg set while i was there and got a mythic rare in it

[quote name='foreinter']Does anyone have a problem trading in the Kmart version of Enslaved to Amazon?[/QUOTE]

people have tried in the past but they were rejected due to the different upc

[quote name='wbc1228']people have tried in the past but they were rejected due to the different upc[/QUOTE]

I think it should be fine if you get the version that doesn't have the comic book (k-mart sells both).

[quote name='sunghost']I think it should be fine if you get the version that doesn't have the comic book (k-mart sells both).[/QUOTE]

surely the "bad" sku is on the comic book itself or a sticker on the plastic wrap. They'd have to print a special cover for the kmart version vs the rest of north america. I doubt they'd do that...

Here's a strange question:

If I buy the Dragon Age 2 deal for the PC, will I still be able to buy the XBL/PSN card at a discount?

[quote name='mgford11']surely the "bad" sku is on the comic book itself or a sticker on the plastic wrap. They'd have to print a special cover for the kmart version vs the rest of north america. I doubt they'd do that...[/QUOTE]

Sears is one of the biggest companies in America. K-Mart is a subsidiary of Sears. Yes, they'd do that, and yes, I have a copy of Enslaved with a unique UPC that says "Exclusive Enslaved comic book created by Marvel".

[quote name='Scorch']Sears is one of the biggest companies in America. K-Mart is a subsidiary of Sears. Yes, they'd do that, and yes, I have a copy of Enslaved with a unique UPC that says "Exclusive Enslaved comic book created by Marvel".[/QUOTE]

Very interesting - I fully realize the scope of operations for SHC, I just didn't figure them to be a large enough player (at the moment) in the games sales industry to warrant a special printing of the title. Thanks for the insight.

Free Yakuza 3 when you buy Yakuza 4?! I LOVE YOU, JOSH! I've been wanting Y3 bad and was bout to buy it for $24 on Amazon. I know it's not 100% confirmed yet, but I'm banking on it. If the deal does go through, what if our Kmart doesn't have any of Yakuza 3 in stock? I haven't seen any at mine... ever I think. Are we screwed out of the deal then?

[quote name='Buuhan1']Free Yakuza 3 when you buy Yakuza 4?! I LOVE YOU, JOSH! I've been wanting Y3 bad and was bout to buy it for $24 on Amazon. I know it's not 100% confirmed yet, but I'm banking on it. If the deal does go through, what if our Kmart doesn't have any of Yakuza 3 in stock? I haven't seen any at mine... ever I think. Are we screwed out of the deal
then?[/QUOTE]

They will be restocking/rebuying yakuza3 for this promo, josh mentioned it a while back. Each store should get a few copies.

[quote name='fujimitsu']They will be restocking/rebuying yakuza3 for this promo, josh mentioned it a while back. Each store should get a few copies.[/QUOTE]

I love you. And not just for your IT Crowd avatar. Thanks for easing my worries, now... just hope flippers don't beat me to my beat-em-up goodness.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I love you. And not just for your IT Crowd avatar. Thanks for easing my worries, now... just hope flippers don't beat me to my beat-em-up goodness.[/QUOTE]

LOL! I noticed his Moss avatar as well, but when you said "just hope flippers..." I couldn't help but think of the "scared straight" episode with Moss saying "flippin" every other word. Oh and one more thing....pppploppers....:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='sunghost']I think it should be fine if you get the version that doesn't have the comic book (k-mart sells both).[/QUOTE]
aw, crap. just got back from kmart so i didn't see the latest posts in this thread. i didn't think anything of it when i got my ps3 copy w/ the comic book. i was gonna beat this game and trade it in to amazon since it got the $17.50 trade in value locked in b4 i left.

now what am i supposed to do? will amazon really not accept this?

note: it does have a little "marvel comic inside" circular print on the cover itself (not sticker on the plastic wrap).

[quote name='PublikDefender']aw, crap. just got back from kmart so i didn't see the latest posts in this thread. i didn't think anything of it when i got my ps3 copy w/ the comic book. i was gonna beat this game and trade it in to amazon since it got the $17.50 trade in value locked in b4 i left.

now what am i supposed to do? will amazon really not accept this?

note: it does have a little "marvel comic inside" circular print on the cover itself (not sticker on the plastic wrap).[/QUOTE]

Sell it at amazon for $18.99 and you can get $17.79 out of it minus $1 for shipping or Sell it for $19.99 and say on description that it comes with exclusive comics.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']damn disappointed with Dragon Age 2 deal, was hoping for $20 or $25 gaming coupon or SYWR[/QUOTE]
I'd settle for quadruple bonus points.

[quote name='jedijeff']I was hoping for a KZ3 bundle/offer that would include the playstation move sharp shooter. Or maybe a sharp shooter and navigation controller bundle. Either would be sweet.

Jeff[/QUOTE]
:applause: exactly why didnt they? Only reason I passed on move is bc of the sports bundle. smh im content and ill wait

[quote name='medetron']that isn't that much really, and yes in a month theres over 100 sometimes with games raging from 10,15, and sometimes 30-40. i like to have different games since me and my wife play it almost every day. with the help of family and friends constantly coming over i like to entertain while i get food or beverages ready for the night so the psn store helps me out with games and sometimes movies. only just started sometime ago but already massed over 165 titles bought from the psn store :)[/QUOTE]

gotta agree. i don't spend nearly $100 a month, but i could if i had that sort of disposable income. add in games for PSP (which i do) and renting movies (which i don't do, but would if i wasn't adverse to the price) and it would be easy to hit $100 a month, especially now that lots of full games are starting to be released (like ME2).

Can we get the skus for Bulletstorm and Killzone 3? I usually need this now because my local Kmart has decided not to put out new releases lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back