Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Phenomic']You're like the most active person on this board. You probably have a spot already haha.

That being said I would love to go as well. I will probably do an entry but it sounds like they want three people who are English majors or professional writers even. I do post on here and another forum and read it pretty much all the time but I honestly don't think I would even qualify to be considered. I certainly don't have a blog.[/QUOTE]
The biggest thing we want to do is take under represented voices that have unique skills and talents and give them their opportunity to shine. It's not just, 'hey I like video games come on board,' its more 'here's your opportunity to promote yourself through us.' We want this to drive attention to an individuals blog whether professional or not.

That said, for those interested, you can start a blog even now and submit to be included. The only thing I would caution is that we are only taking 3 people and I don't want to raise anyone's expectations falsely. But......I would love a CAG to come :) Just saying......

I didn't get any of the new releases this week, but I got Ratchet & Clank and The Saboteur for the PS3, 20 bucks each is excellent.

And the K-Mart near me seems to have hired a person who actually knows what video games are and isn't the most unapproachable person in this nebula, he was very kind and was able to help me find the games I wanted.

Only small complaint I have with the marked downed games is you guys should take them out of the electronic cases that keep them sealed. I know why they exist and while it does serve its purpose, it's extremely annoying to try and shift through the cases when each line of games is so close to each other. I've knocked down games at least 3 times now, though it is very minor. Just a thought.

(And maybe put less things on the bottom row behind the sealed glass, I think I've seen about 7 people bending down to look for games, and it's literally impossible to look deep within the bottom row unless you don't mind looking like a complete idiot. /dumbrant)

[quote name='joeshmoe']Only small complaint I have with the marked downed games is you guys should take them out of the electronic cases that keep them sealed. I know why they exist and while it does serve its purpose, it's extremely annoying to try and shift through the cases when each line of games is so close to each other. I've knocked down games at least 3 times now, though it is very minor. Just a thought.
(And maybe put less things on the bottom row behind the sealed glass, I think I've seen about 7 people bending down to look for games, and it's literally impossible to look deep within the bottom row unless you don't mind looking like a complete idiot. /rant)[/QUOTE]

My store has all the markdown games in bins just outside electronics. I don't even know where they all came from since the glass cases didn't seem to be THAT packed before.

Has there been any changes to the issue with PSN/XBLA cards in New Jersey yet? I would really like to get in on the Homefront or Crysis 2 deals, just want to see if I'll be able to find them.

[quote name='Killbomb']My store has all the markdown games in bins just outside electronics. I don't even know where they all came from since the glass cases didn't seem to be THAT packed before.[/QUOTE]

The glass cases in the store near me wasn't terribly packed before the sale either, but as soon as they reorganized, a ton of games that I assume were locked up in the back were put in front to sell, and now the glass case is less packed, but they are using the bottom row to completely fill with games.

Ah well at least it isn't Gamestop. OHOHO

[quote name='Phenomic']You're like the most active person on this board. You probably have a spot already haha.[/quote]
Some of us don't have blogs though. :( Or twitter account. Or a "following" (although I think it's safe to say people here follow me, given the nominations for CAG villain that I got :lol:)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The biggest thing we want to do is take under represented voices that have unique skills and talents and give them their opportunity to shine. It's not just, 'hey I like video games come on board,' its more 'here's your opportunity to promote yourself through us.' We want this to drive attention to an individuals blog whether professional or not.

That said, for those interested, you can start a blog even now and submit to be included. The only thing I would caution is that we are only taking 3 people and I don't want to raise anyone's expectations falsely. But......I would love a CAG to come :) Just saying......[/QUOTE]

So what do you think the over/under is on new gaming blogs started by CAGs in the next 24 hours is? :)

[quote name='freeorelse']It's Wednesday in Moscow. Time for the Pokemon deal.[/QUOTE]
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon is the only way to measure time.

edit: No, I screwed it up. It should have been more like, "In Soviet Russia, Pokemon IS time!"

Grabbed Bulletstorm and KZ3. Got the points no problem and the electronics employee was shocked at my point total. He was telling me you could have paid for the game with credit on my KZ purchase. But I am saving points for Pokemon. I have 3 kids that want it and that will help make that alot easier to do lol.

So Josh, I have a followup to the post I made yesterday about my K-Mart not getting their clearance prices adjusted yet.

I just got back from the store again today, and it seems like at least *some* titles have been dropped now. I managed to pick up PS3 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow CE for $29.99. Silent Hill: Homecoming was still ringing up at $19.99, however, and Red Steel 2 with WiiMotion Plus was still $29.99. This time, the employee I asked to do some price checks was very helpful, but when he scanned the Red Steel 2 bundle, he said that it wasn't noted in the system that it was due for a markdown. What's up with that?

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I decided to pop open Enslaved and give it a shot. I wasn't expecting much seeing as the game dropped in price so fast, I assumed it wasn't that good. To my surprise, it was just slightly better than not good. It's worth $15, but I wouldn't pay more than that for it.[/QUOTE]

I take back what I said in this last post. At first, it was ok, but I kept playing, and I just can't put it down. I'm not typically the person who plays a game non-stop and beats it in a single day, but I'm coming close. I'm about halfway through it and I just opened it today. Now I'm kinda shocked this game is so cheap. It's actually pretty good.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I take back what I said in this last post. At first, it was ok, but I kept playing, and I just can't put it down. I'm not typically the person who plays a game non-stop and beats it in a single day, but I'm coming close. I'm about halfway through it and I just opened it today. Now I'm kinda shocked this game is so cheap. It's actually pretty good.[/QUOTE]

It's an awesome game. Even if the gameplay isn't GOW or DMC quality, it has so much more included to make it even a contender against these titles.

Picked up Bulletstorm, Killzone 3 and Enslaved no problems, got all my points and got helped great. Waiting on MVC 3 points to post, thanks for the deals josh, K-Mart will get all of my business for the rest of the year.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That said, for those interested, you can start a blog even now and submit to be included. The only thing I would caution is that we are only taking 3 people and I don't want to raise anyone's expectations falsely. But......I would love a CAG to come :) Just saying......[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't worry about that too much; the hope of winning is being created in everyone, not an expectation of winning. At least, anyone old enough to be realistic about these things. As much as I'd like to win, I know my writing right now is probably not up the quality demanded by blogging standards (Kotaku excluded.) I've got the passion and maybe the knowledge, but man, I don't have writer's block, I have writer's encased in cement inside an armored car inside a prison, underwater. It's like a writing turducken, but so much worse.

Picked up Enslaved for $5 after the savings from TDU2. As soon as I finish Uncharted 2, I think I'll dig into it.

Went to KMart today to pick up De Blob 2. Was in the display case along with KZ3 and Bulletstorm as well as all other new releases and stuff. Picked it up and went on my way. Debated grabbing Bulletstorm as well but figured I have enough in my backlog that by the time I would get around to playing it it would have price dropped some.

Also, they had Enslaved there. I already picked it up as part of the Black Ops deal way back when. I loved the game and thought it was very under rated. Story was pretty good, gameplay was fantastic in my opinion (I know somebody else said they thought the gameplay mechanics weren't solid but I disagree completely), only minor complaint was the graphics were subpar considering this generation's graphical ability. But graphics aren't everything and as such it's only a minor complaint. I was happy with the $30 I paid. I'd buy it again.

On a different but related note, what's up with You Don't Know Jack?! Couldn't find the PS3 version at KMart, went to 2 Walmarts and Target and it wasn't at any of them. Looked up Best Buy and 2 Gamestops that are near me and neither of them have it either. Is the game that niche/unwanted that nobody has it?!

[quote name='joeshmoe']it has so much more included [/QUOTE]

Translation: THERE'S CLIMBING LIKE UNCHARTED!!!!!1!!!11!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Joking aside.... It really is a fun game. Better than I expected, and definitely under appreciated.

Snagged Bulletstorm (360) and the Killzone 3 PS3 bundle. Used my Bulletstorm points plus the 33,000 I had on my account from previous purchases on the Triple.

Definitely going to get my blog on soon.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Translation: THERE'S CLIMBING LIKE UNCHARTED!!!!!1!!!11!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!
[/QUOTE]

1+1+1 = 3

Does this mean climbing is confirmed for Uncharted 3????

[quote name='vlv723']Interesting, I just checked my receipt and didn't receive any base points but got the bonus points. Is that unusual?[/QUOTE]
Did you purchase the game entirely with points? I may be mistaken, but I believe that you don't earn base points spending points. It's likely seen as double-dipping. You should get them for any actual dollars spent, however.

[quote name='sadboy']In Soviet Russia, Pokemon is the only way to measure time.

edit: No, I screwed it up. It should have been more like, "In Soviet Russia, Pokemon IS time!"[/QUOTE]

To be a truly bad joke, the correct phrasing would be "In Soviet Russia, Pokemon deal is you."

[quote name='coopx']is it true your Castlevania Lord of Shadow LE is just $29.99?[/QUOTE]

Yah bought my copy last week at kmart. Check post 3 for the full list of clearance items for the feb price drop.

Just got back from my local Kmart and they had zero copies of Killzone 3, but plenty of copies of Bulletstorm to taunt me (a game that I'm, quite frankly, not that interested in). Thought I might find a $15 copy of Silent Hill Homecoming, but struck out there too.

Video Games apparently hate me today.

Hey Josh I don't know if you've received my emails today?

Anyhoot.

I had my wife return the games and she opened up a new card for herself and got the points on her receipt.

Not gonna have an opportunity to play it today but hopefully in a few days.

Picked up 2 Killzone 3s, one for me and my buddy and then a copy of Bulletstorm.

I had the $25 from MvC3 to make Killzone 3 only $40 and then I used my buddies $60 to get another Killzone 3. now I had $40 credit knocking down Bulletstorm to only $20. Then I used the $20 from Bulletstorm and got a 1600 point card!

So I spent about $65 and got Killzone 3, Bulletstorm and a 1600 point card.

I would consider that quite the win! And the whole talk about the E3 thing is freaking amazing. My buddy and I went to start a blog review site last year but never really did anything beyond creating the site and a few reviews. I love writing, videogames, and E3 so I am going to definitely give it a shot!

Did the point shuffle today and loving it.Killzone 3,Bulletstorm(gotta return for the 360 version), and Enslaved for 75 and 5$ leftover and ready for the next round.Kmart is my go to for new releases and clearance. Thanks Josh!

Has anyone else's MVC3 reward points posted to your account yet? I just checked mine, nothing yet and I really wanted to use them on BulletStorm. At least so far it looks like many here have not had the same problem with getting the points with purchasing BulletStorm. Josh any word on when those MVC3 reward points should post?(I purchased MVC3 first day)

Man I'd love to get my hand on Castlevania but it's so hard to get any info out of them on the phone. I'd have to cruise around town checking myself. Almost worth it. Anyone in the Phoenix area know of a store that has them?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but are there any plans in the near future to incorporate video games into MyGofer, or at the very least, have a stock locator on the Kmart website? My nearest Kmart is over half-an-hour away, so it can be frustrating making the drive without having the slightest clue what games might be in stock.

i love that people are just now noticing Castlevania LE is clearanced when he posted the list 11 days ago.. lol..

But now that everyone seems focused on it for some reason, I may have to check it out. I had no interest in Castlevania at all..

[quote name='Scorch']i love that people are just now noticing Castlevania LE is clearanced when he posted the list 11 days ago.. lol..

But now that everyone seems focused on it for some reason, I may have to check it out. I had no interest in Castlevania at all..[/QUOTE]

It's good! O, the ending... :drool: Leading up for a DLC.

March 15th can't come soon enough. I better get some backlog gaming in now, cause each of the Yakuza games so far has taken me 20 hours to beat. I'm not big on the side stuff (doing all the side mini-games and side-quests can net you another 80 hours) and I DID play Yakuza 2 on easy instead of normal, playing on normal probably would have thrown at least another 5 hours onto the play time. I did this cause Yakuza 1 was pretty challenging, but nothing too bad... but you can easily screw yourself in the game to where you have to accept the "Change to EASY difficulty setting?" due to getting caught in a part of the game where you can't leave the area and you have no healing items.

Towards the end of the first game you have to run through a bath house/love hotel filled with a bunch of thugs with guns. In the Yakuza game guns take a lot of damage out of you and the enemies with guns run away like little bitches and then shoot you from a distance, it's really hard to chase them down, almost having to get them stuck in a corner. So I get through all that and had to use all my healing items and still aren't full health... but then there's a boss fight, and it's probably the hardest fight in the game. I just... couldn't do it with my current amount of health. Had to switch to easy, and the finale of the game was thus over quickly and was very anti-climatic due to having had so much trouble with previous people, and then the final boss was over in less than a minute with button mashing.

So, for those of you picking up Yakuza 3 and 4 in 2 weeks but have never played the first two games, ALWAYS HAVE YOUR INVENTORY FULL OF HEALING ITEMS. The inventory is really small (9 spots) and you pick up a lot of crap in the game, but trust me, managing it and keeping it stock with healing items will save you in the long haul.

[quote name='Widowmaker636']Has anyone else's MVC3 reward points posted to your account yet? I just checked mine, nothing yet and I really wanted to use them on BulletStorm. At least so far it looks like many here have not had the same problem with getting the points with purchasing BulletStorm. Josh any word on when those MVC3 reward points should post?(I purchased MVC3 first day)[/QUOTE]

I have not received it either yet. I don't want to start sending e-mails until I know I should have received it.

Hey Josh! A double dose of questions for you. 1) any xbox 360 slim hardware deals on the horizon? & 2) do you know of the timeframe for those who were selected and did the conference call survey to receive their gift cards. (these questions go hand in hand for me ;). Thanks!

Should Helghast edition customers expect an email notice for the giftcard or something? And only my last four numbers(SYWR) were on the receipt that's not a problem right?

[quote name='mistermoravec']I have not received it either yet. I don't want to start sending e-mails until I know I should have received it.[/QUOTE]

Josh posted earlier that it might not be in effect till this Saturday.

He will compensate it though if you were planning to buy killzone 3/bulletsotrm/etc. with the reward.

Just contact him via email on the 1st post.

After seeing on here that Enslaved was on sale for $14.99, I went to check out my local Kmart. After looking around for it for a bit I finally found it but low-and-behold it was still $39.99. Awesome.:roll:

[quote name='skateraXVIII']After seeing on here that Enslaved was on sale for $14.99, I went to check out my local Kmart. After looking around for it for a bit I finally found it but low-and-behold it was still $39.99. Awesome.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I really, really hope you didn't rely on what was stickered. It scans for $14.99.

Yeah a lot of deals that are at K-Mart are for the most part un-stickered, you just have to ring it up and if the deal doesn't ring up then you have to pay the price that it is and contact Josh or hope that the employee will change it for you.

Enslaved was stickered for $14.99 where I go though.

Bought KZ3 today, used my SYWR card, and did not receive the promotional points, only the 600 "base points." Didn't bother arguing with anyone at the store as they have no clue about their own promotions (have tried to steer them towards their own promotional site to no avail in the past). How to remedy this?

[quote name='nzgc']Josh posted earlier that it might not be in effect till this Saturday.

He will compensate it though if you were planning to buy killzone 3/bulletsotrm/etc. with the reward.

Just contact him via email on the 1st post.[/QUOTE]

Say What? I wish I would have known this since I just bought Bulletstorm today =(

[quote name='Ice_9']Bought KZ3 today, used my SYWR card, and did not receive the promotional points, only the 600 "base points." Didn't bother arguing with anyone at the store as they have no clue about their own promotions (have tried to steer them towards their own promotional site to no avail in the past). How to remedy this?[/QUOTE]

You're aware of the bonus so I can safely assume that you read the first post.. read the second ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back