Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up KZ3 yesterday. Points showed up without issue.

Going to grab Bulletstorm today. I didn't realize that I could use the points instantly.

[quote name='Vigilante']...But I don't want a DSi, nor do I need one with the 3DS coming out. I hope the deal isn't solely based on these. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Two separate deals but the one blog post encompasses both offers.

Emails still outstanding from yesterday and today. Working on them now. Should be done within a couple hours depending upon the way the work day goes. Thanks!

Holy moly on dragon age offer. Digging that 30 off on point cards AND 10,000 points. Guess where I'm getting dragon age

[quote name='PDJ']Holy moly on dragon age offer. Digging that 30 off on point cards AND 10,000 points. Guess where I'm getting dragon age[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that, but my store is all out of all types of cards. No 1600/4000 or $20/$50. Guess I lose out on the deal....curse you local KMart....though wallet/wife will be happy.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I'm with you on that, but my store is all out of all types of cards. No 1600/4000 or $20/$50. Guess I lose out on the deal....curse you local KMart....though wallet/wife will be happy.[/QUOTE]

i'm also wondering on this too? how are we going to get the points card if stores dont have it? my kmart hasnt had them since last year? do i miss out on the deal beacuse my damn store wont pick up the phone and make an order?:bomb:

[quote name='mebegod']actually you are wrong it was $59.99 with a $25.00 coupon for its first 2 weeks
it dropped when kmart was running either vanquished or call of duty black op promotion (dont remember which as they were similar)

regardless it is an amazing game

edit - majin dropped to $39.99 before it was released[/QUOTE]

It seems I was misinformed. Apologies.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Two separate deals but the one blog post encompasses both offers.[/QUOTE]*whew* That's a relief. I apologize for sounding a bit...childish. :oops:

[quote name='jer7583']

Also any chance for a FF14 PC drop/deal? Seems they've made some big changes and they aren't charging a monthly fee yet - plus a friend was talking it up and has me interested. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Actually I think I just got an email today announcing that they're dropping it to $39.99 in about a week.

[quote name='razgriz417']definately why Josh was told to wait until Wednesday afternoon to post the deal[/QUOTE]
For just the games? Probably not the reason. I would guess the big reason is that Kmart is going to be carrying the limited edition DSi bundles. If Kmart wasn't going to carry them, Nintendo probably wouldn't care if the deal for just the games slipped out.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Two separate deals but the one blog post encompasses both offers.[/QUOTE]
:D. And I'm positive that it's going to be a great offer for both.

[quote name='medetron']HAHA, is this a new tamer altanis? ;)[/quote]
I'd say yes, but to be quite honest, probably not. I give it a couple weeks. Glad to know the stupid questions have subsided greatly in the last 1-2 weeks.

[quote name='medetron']naw i gave up on Pokemon once they hit like 300 different kinds.. growing up though it was the shit!! now that i think about it, i just had a Pokemon conversation with like 5 other guys lol..[/QUOTE]
I would say I gave up on Pokemon (I didn't own a Pokemon game from 2006 until November), but they're still really good games. B&W also got a 40/40 in Famitsu, which is quite the accomplishment.

I'm sorry, but $180 for this bundle? Seriously?

Not only is the 3DS coming out in a few weeks, it's NOT the XL, and basically the DSi itself will cost $145 (-$35 for the full-priced game), isn't that higher than MSRP for a regular DSi at the moment? (Edit: It costs $150 new from Amazon :/, ooo $5.)

And last, but certainly not least, I always hated the DSi in general, disposing of the GBA slot in exchange for an unnecessary camera/a small stable of DSi games.

So go fuck yourselves Nintendo. You really could have shined here with a good price drop/bundle. /end rant

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I'm sorry, but $180 for this bundle? Seriously?

Not only is the 3DS coming out in a few weeks, it's NOT the XL, and basically the DSi itself will cost $145 (-$35 for the full-priced game), isn't that higher than MSRP for a regular DSi at the moment? (Edit: It costs $150 new from Amazon :/, ooo $5.)

And last, but certainly not least, I always hated the DSi in general, disposing of the GBA slot in exchange for an unnecessary camera/a small stable of DSi games.

So go fuck yourselves Nintendo. You really could have shined here with a good price drop/bundle. /end rant[/QUOTE]Wrong thread?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Wrong thread?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I found out about the bundle from an earlier post and it's hinted that the bundle is related to one of the two deals being offered by K-mart. Just ranting/sharing a little information on the actual prices.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Awesome PSN, Xbox LIVE, and CAG username Saix_XIII[/QUOTE]

LOL thanks. I sometimes mistake your posts for mine and I think "when did I write this?!?" because I see the XIII first.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Nope, I found out about the bundle from an earlier post and it's hinted that the bundle is related to one of the two deals being offered by K-mart. Just ranting/sharing a little information on the actual prices.[/QUOTE]
The bundle isn't a Kmart exclusive, so why gripe about it to the guy who's still likely to end up having the best deal on it anyway?

The deal for just the games will have no impact on the system, and vice versa.

So yeah, wrong thread. Go gripe in the Nintendo forum.

[quote name='Altanis']The bundle isn't a Kmart exclusive, so why gripe about it to the guy who's still likely to end up having the best deal on it anyway?

The deal for just the games will have no impact on the system, and vice versa.

So yeah, wrong thread. Go gripe in the Nintendo forum.[/QUOTE]

I guess venting was a bad idea. :/ I realize it's not an exclusive, but I assume there's some sort of exclusive deal (which will probably be the best one), but it's kind of nice to know the base value before you shell out for something, regardless of a deal or not.

I apologize that my post wasn't 100% informative, but basically I said:
MSRP for Bundle -> $179.99
MSRP (I assume) for DSi regular -> $149.99
MSRP for Pokemon Black/White -> $34.99
MSRP for both -> $184.98
Total savings -> $4.99

Still $5 saved...

Plus, like most of the special edition DS systems, these will likely skyrocket in price once they sell out.

Not really sure if we have figured this out yet but what exactly is the deal with pokemon black and white. It said something about feedback.

[quote name='Altanis']Still $5 saved...

Plus, like most of the special edition DS systems, these will likely skyrocket in price once they sell out.[/QUOTE]

Off-topic -> Which justifies the shoddiness of the base deal, of course.

On-topic -> When is this mystical blog post of deals going to happen? Which timezone is the blogger in? I would hope it'd be up by 1 P.M. PST.

We don't know the deal(s) yet, we're still waiting on the exclusive blog post. Was nice of you to hold off for ze blogger, Josh.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Off-topic -> Which justifies the shoddiness of the base deal, of course.

On-topic -> When is this mystical blog post of deals going to happen?[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you expected a limited edition etched DSi to retail for less than regular MRSP, even in a bundle.

[quote name='jer7583']Also any chance for a FF14 PC drop/deal? Seems they've made some big changes and they aren't charging a monthly fee yet - plus a friend was talking it up and has me interested. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Unless they've fixed everything about that game, I wouldn't bother. It was the most ass-backwards and dull game I've played in years. I'd played XI and expected something similar. Was I ever in for a surprise.

[quote name='medetron']i'm also wondering on this too? how are we going to get the points card if stores dont have it? my kmart hasnt had them since last year? do i miss out on the deal beacuse my damn store wont pick up the phone and make an order?:bomb:[/QUOTE]
We are sending in an order regardless of what they show on hand (if they have not updated their counts). If the stores do not have them I'll take care of it the way I usually do :)

[quote name='taccord1986']Not really sure if we have figured this out yet but what exactly is the deal with pokemon black and white. It said something about feedback.[/QUOTE]
I can guess what it is, simply based off the posts right after Josh said the deal with SYWR fell through.

I'm hoping I'm right :D

[quote name='adamical']Those are the first DSis with any sort of designs on them other than just solid colors, if I'm not mistaken.

That takes some brass balls on the part of Nintendo to sell that 3 weeks before they launch a new handheld. I don't see how they won't cannibalize each other's sales. Maybe they plan on being so supply-constrained on the 3DS it won't matter to them. Crazy.[/QUOTE]
Nope, DSi's with special Limited Edition designs on them have been released in Japan for years. I know because I'm the proud owner of a Kingdom Hearts one ;) If you're only talking about the US, then yes, we always get the shaft on stuff like this so it's nice to see Nintendo finally bring some over here.

Of course, as people have mentioned...I don't see the point with the 3DS arriving already. They could've just made a Limited Edition 3DS instead and THAT would sell out within a day.

[quote name='sadboy']I almost shelled out a few hundred for that Final Fantasy Crystal Edition DS Lite.[/QUOTE]

Normally it wouldn't be a big deal if a special edition was launched around MSRP in a console's hey-day, but I feel like the reasons I stated previously just created this perfect storm of Nintendo rage for me. Prepare for the onslaught of children picking up DSis just in time for them to be obsolete. :p You know what I would have preferred, even if there was barely any savings? A Pokemon-themed 3DS with this kind of deal, especially since the base games get a semi-upgrade when played on one.

[quote name='ithebigc']Nope, DSi's with special Limited Edition designs on them have been released in Japan for years. I know because I'm the proud owner of a Kingdom Hearts one ;) If you're only talking about the US, then yes, we always get the shaft on stuff like this so it's nice to see Nintendo finally bring some over here.

Of course, as people have mentioned...I don't see the point with the 3DS arriving already. They could've just made a Limited Edition 3DS instead and THAT would sell out within a day.[/QUOTE]

LOL, love how I just echoed you. Glad it's not just me.

@ Gotdott

I listed my reasons for expecting a lower MSRP in my post, mainly for the same reasons why the DSi should have hit a price-drop in MSRP soon, if not already.

I can guess what it is, simply based off the posts right after Josh said the deal with SYWR fell through.

I'm hoping I'm right :D

If it's a "buy White/Black, get White/Black free" type thing I'm going to do the Carlton Dance on the roof of my house.

[quote name='RySenkari']If it's a "buy White/Black, get White/Black free" type thing I'm going to do the Carlton Dance on the roof of my house.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that's what I'm banking on. ^_^ It'd be great to get the girlfriend (also a big Pokemon fan) in @ launch.

Edit: I meant Buy One, Get One Half-Off, I totally misread that post.

It's not B1G1 Free. Anyone expecting that is going to be disappointed.

Considering that Amazon, Target, and Toys R Us are offering $5 bonuses or less, anyone that expects Kmart to have a $35 deal is insane.

It's a big seller regardless of deal, so expect something more conservative than "B1G1." Maybe a "Buy 1 Save $10 or $15 on the Other" type deal.

Hell, even $10 off would be tempting and I'd probably be in for it, considering my tax check is coming in soon. I just hope that 3DS and DS can trade back and forth, I'd love to trade Pokemon between Black and White, maybe use one to farm legendaries and the like.

[quote name='RySenkari']I'd be in for B1 half-off the other, just saying that a man can dream of B1G1 free :)[/QUOTE]
Why not dream of something better than BOGO?
'Cause it's not real! Just kidding.

Most people only buy 1 Pokemon game when they come out, and choose between the two. If the only deal is for buying both, might have to look elsewhere.

[quote name='jer7583']Hey SHC-Gamer - I know it was asked earlier in the month but I just wanna express interest in Final Fantasy Dissidia 2 and Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday - I know you said it was more likely to stock them/have a deal now that they're $30 but didn't see any updates.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for 3rd Birthday and FF IV: Complete Collection as well but since there was no answer I preordered at Gamestop.

Hey SHC-Gamer,

Quick question, Dragon Age 2.. love the offer. I suppose Kmart isn't getting any of the Signature edition since there was no pre-order system? I tried doing a search and I didn't find anything confirming.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I didn't see it in the last few pages either.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We are sending in an order regardless of what they show on hand (if they have not updated their counts). If the stores do not have them I'll take care of it the way I usually do :)[/QUOTE]

So pretty much you're ordering all PSN/XBL point cards from Gift Gard Mall for all locations?

And to clarify: I can only buy one card for the $30 off? (aka Limit 1)

[quote name='Dwarfman']Hey SHC-Gamer,

Quick question, Dragon Age 2.. love the offer. I suppose Kmart isn't getting any of the Signature edition since there was no pre-order system? I tried doing a search and I didn't find anything confirming.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I didn't see it in the last few pages either.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, unfortunately this was a pre order exclusive from EA.

All customer emails have been responded to.

Just to reiterate a couple of consistent questions:

The SYWR team has told me that all MvC3 points should post this week, not a week from purchase. If they do not show up by Sat. I would like to know and I'll address the issue.

The offers yesterday were in fact running and very successful. Only the KZ3 Helghast (which we had very few of) were not set up in the system correctly. I am sending out $25 gift cards with proof of purchase of this item for the inconvenience.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All customer emails have been responded to.

The SYWR team has told me that all MvC3 points should post this week, not a week from purchase. If they do not show up by Sat. I would like to know and I'll address the issue.

The offers yesterday were in fact running and very successful. Only the KZ3 Helghast (which we had very few of) were not set up in the system correctly. I am sending out $25 gift cards with proof of purchase of this item for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update :D my only question is if we bought bulletstorm and wanted to use our points from MvC3 should we return it and get it or what?

[quote name='wgpfly']Thanks for the update :D my only question is if we bought bulletstorm and wanted to use our points from MvC3 should we return it and get it or what?[/QUOTE]
That would technically work, Kmart does not accept open copies though just as a heads up.

You could also wait for the points to post and I'll honor the deal next week as well via gift card.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All customer emails have been responded to.

The offers yesterday were in fact running and very successful. Only the KZ3 Helghast (which we had very few of) were not set up in the system correctly. I am sending out $25 gift cards with proof of purchase of this item for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

i'm hoping to be able to pick up a helghast edition tomorrow, that is if this damn cold would go away and if my kmart has any left tomorrow :bomb::bomb:.... giving a $25 gift card for the helghast edition is just sick, no one does any deals for collectors edition and maybe thats something you could look into. with so many of them reaching $100 and over its nice to see a discount on them..

p.s.: yea, i'm sure you have seen how many emails you get about people not finding psn/xbla cards and just said fuck it lol. any idea how many each store is going to be getting? just intrested to know a figure

Hey Josh thanks again for these great deals this week.
Picked up a copy of Starcraft II after missing out last time the game was on sale.

I know this was discussed around the Dead Space 2 deal, but just a reminder to those that claim that their store doesn't have any PSN/XBL cards. Either Josh or Stock Boy confirmed that all stores have them. The thing is that they are getting put on the gift card kiosks near the front registers and not anywhere near electronics. I know you shouldn't have to look all over the store for them, but in most cases they are always there somewhere. Thankfully from what I understand there is very little cost in getting more sent to the stores since they have no value until activated, so it's great to see that they are getting more just in case.

yes/no/maybe on Parasite Eve 3, Dissidia 2, and FF4 Complete?

I think it should be yes on the first two no on the third. Too many remakes of the same game makes me think it will not do well.

Hey Josh or Stockboy could you tell me what the heck is going on with store #4349 (Redwood City, CA) not getting Bulletstorm for either console? I've been patient and called the store to check in on if they have "received" the game but the employee's said they haven't gotten it from receiving.

I'm upset cause I wasted gas going to the store yesterday only to go to the san mateo store where it was conveniently sold out for 360. I just wanted to make sure to get the game day one so I ensure a Epic Edition copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back