Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only really have two reasons for not shopping at my Kmart all the time now. One, I work at a competing retailer where I get a better deal upfront via my discount versus having to pay full price once then chaining coupons together. Two, my K-Mart just seems to be very disorganized and I'm still a bit traumatized from going there a few x-mases ago seeing a puddle of sick, shopping a bit, about 30min to a hour, and coming to the register to see the puddle still there.

It's becoming harder and harder to resist these deals though especially the Yakuza deal coming up.

[quote name='Megatim81']I also register my nintendo games (club nintendo) and specifically add in purchased at kmart, hoping lots of people are doing the same. I do this in the hope of making nintendo easier for josh to work/bargin with.[/QUOTE]
I was just doing this myself! I remembered that I had to log Dragonquest VI with them early to get extra coins, and I mentioned the KMart promotion as the primary reason I made the purchase. Which is true, since I would likely have waited until feeling like I'm done with DQ IX before grabbing VI otherwise, and I really can't say when that will happen. There's just so much in there.

So, yeah. I'm letting the big N know that KMart really made the sale in my case.

[quote name='joeshmoe']ahmagad make this happen and i'll literally never shop for video games anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. Kmart doesn't sell niche games like Radiant Historia, or Hyperdimension Neptunia.

[quote name='jer7583']I know I tell everyone I can about the deals - most of them are kinda dumb and just trot into gamestop and pay their $60 with $5 down a month before.

Antiquated business model, that. I doubt gamestop cares. They don't make their money on new games anyway. It would seem like you'd be hurting their used sales cause why wait 2 weeks for someone to trade in a game and pay $55 for it used when kmart is basically offering it for $40 day of release, new, if you've been buying from them.. Guess it takes a while for people's bad habits to change.[/QUOTE]

that's a good point. I've been telling people about K-mart.. but I think that the points system is too much work for people. It probably would be better just to give gift cards with the purchase. Its more tangible than points. My friends buy games on occasion.. just for the mainstream releases.. they don't buy games on the regular like I do, so that one occasion where they're going to buy a game.. they go with what they're used to .. gamestop. But as long as Kmart makes good deals commonplace..people will notice and start coming. You look back at all the release date deals that have been coming from Kmart, Amazon, bestbuy, even Circuit City and gamestop hasn't even made a move to provide some real incentive to keep their customers coming back to buy games at release.

Purchased Bulletstorm today, just tried to sign onto the kmart reward site and it tells me "access denied on this server"?!?!?!? Even the regular Kmart.com site says the same thing!? Anyone else having this problem? I really wanted to make sure my reward points posted to my account as my MVC3 purchase still hasn't posted to my account(checked yesterday). Josh please help! Cann't wait for the coupons to come back!

Is the shopyourwayrewards site down or what? I try going there and keep getting some message saying access denied. I'd like to go buy killzone 3 and possibly bulletstorm but need to opt in for receiving emails so i get my points. HELP ME i want to go spend some money.

[quote name='Altanis']The original deal Josh wanted was $15 in SYWR points, not $10.
$10 is a great deal already. $15 was amazing.

There's also no way that Kmart would ever have been the first place most CAGs were willing to shop at ;).

There's a lot of things that I wouldn't expect Nintendo to do.

My guess is that it's going to be B1G1 50% off.
That's only $17.50 savings between 2 games, or $8.75 per game.
$8.75 savings per game is like getting each for $26.25.
That's not farfetched to ask for if Josh was going to offer $15 in SYWR points per copy.
Nintendo is limiting things to I'm sure somewhere in the $5-10 range, probably because they know the games will sell. If that's the case, the Kmart deal falls in that range. [/QUOTE]

Agreed x 1,000.

I also have been profoundly affected by the K-mart deals during my short time in the forums thus far, especially when it's come to picking up launch titles (which I almost NEVER do yet K-mart has me picking up 3 or 4 titles at launch between February and March x_X). I hadn't shopped in K-mart in a million years since the location nearby closed down, and I'm not in the city enough anymore to go to the K-mart near the train station. However,
your deal on MvC3 was enough to get me to sign up for a rewards card (online, stupidly) and make me drive out to my nearest one, and I'm going to head back out for BS: Epic Edition as soon as my points post.

Still waiting on ze Poke deal, but the fact that Josh said it's the best deal on the market at the moment gives me a great amount of hope. And pre-orders are great and all (especially for LEs like MvC3 : D), but please make pre-order bonuses and release week bonuses the same. The great thing about K-mart right now is I don't feel pressured to pre-order a possibly crappy game, I have a whole week to feel out the reviews and get the monies together.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I am gonna echo the 'telling everyone about Kmart and they still shop at GS" thing.
I ended up going with a coworker to GS on our lunch break yesterday so he could pick up Bulletstorm and Killzone 3. He preordered 3 more games while there.
Right before we went there though, I had him stop at Kmart so I could see if they had Bulletstorm out and clearance drops processed (that was a big 'no' on the clearance drops, I want Oblivion GOTY for $20, damnit!). I told him about the deals and he was just like, "Oh, that's a pretty good deal." And that was the end of it. On to GS to pay MSRP and get nothing back except the two games.[/QUOTE]

I've tried to convert a few people over to KMart as well but I get the same responses. I tell them I haven't paid more than $40 for a new release game on launch day in 9+ months (and I'm not even lying when I say that!) and they still don't do anything. I even have one friend who I tell about KMart deals like once a month and every time they just respond with something like "I didn't even know they were still around." I just shake my head and remind her that I tell her about them all the time. Then she walks to GS and hands them $$$.

[quote name='elessar123']I wouldn't go that far. Kmart doesn't sell niche games like Radiant Historia, or Hyperdimension Neptunia.[/QUOTE]
That of course isn't to say that a pre-order system wouldn't allow Kmart to judge interest on a title. Let's say Kmart needs to purchase at least 500 units of the game. If they get say 475 (or even 400) pre-orders, then Josh would be more likely to carry the item in the first place.

This is of course using minuscule numbers. 500 probably isn't anywhere near the number they would need to buy. I'm just saying that with Josh aiming for what he's aiming for, KmartGamer just might take off a lot more. I would love to see KmartGamer sort of become its own brand, with stores in say strip malls and the like (like GameStop, but better). I think Josh would like something like that too.

AHHHHHH!!!! YOU'RE DRIVING ME INSANE!!!! :bomb:

What's the Pokemon deal already???!!!

Oh, hi guys! I decided to come and check in since SHC-Gamer said that on wednessday...

Wait...?

Should those comments have been reversed?

Bah, the 3DS will be releasing in the non-coupon timeframe. I wish the points rewards ended sooner. Oh well, we'll see what Amazon offers for it and I'll be able to try Kmart again once March is over.

o.k. kmart reward site is up right now. I checked my account and I did get the bulletstorm bonus points BUT still no MVC3 bonus points $25. Has anyone else got their points already for those who didn't get them in the first place? I just wondering how much longer it's gonna take for these points to post?

[quote name='Widowmaker636']o.k. kmart reward site is up right now. I checked my account and I did get the bulletstorm bonus points BUT still no MVC3 bonus points $25. Has anyone else got their points already for those who didn't get them in the first place? I just wondering how much longer it's gonna take for these points to post?[/QUOTE]

Josh said that MvC3 points should post by Saturday or Sunday.

He never promised anything at midnight, unless I missed a post somewhere. It was waiting until "Wednesday afternoon" and then had the additional delay. It'll probably appear tonight, but if not, I don't mind waiting until tomorrow's lunch break to learn about it.

Any later than that and I'll start tapping my foot. In the nicest way, of course.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']You know, unlike 99.999% of people I actually used the "Search This Thread" option and saw that post. I just kinda hoped he meant that he would get authorization soon (read: still today) and that was just the reason why he didn't post it up at midnight.[/QUOTE]
Just because he said Wednesday doesn't mean that things can't happen to change that. The game still doesn't release for almost 2 weeks, and the deal is going to be solid.

Josh isn't going to just post it at 12:01 am on the day he said he would anyway. I believe he said that he planned to have it up this afternoon. If you expected the big unveiling at 12:01 am or something, you're going to be sorely disappointed just because of that.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']Hey SHC when will you announce 3DS offer, also are Kmart stores taking preorders?[/QUOTE]
Kmart stores don't do pre-orders period.

[quote name='LottaGames']Bah, the 3DS will be releasing in the non-coupon timeframe. I wish the points rewards ended sooner. Oh well, we'll see what Amazon offers for it and I'll be able to try Kmart again once March is over.[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about? Josh has said multiple times he was going to try to get coupons back rolling for the 3DS launch.

He just hasn't confirmed the 3DS offer because, according to him, Nintendo wasn't willing to allow more than a $10 offer.

[quote name='Altanis']Just because he said Wednesday doesn't mean that things can't happen to change that. The game still doesn't release for almost 2 weeks, and the deal is going to be solid.

Josh isn't going to just post it at 12:01 am on the day he said he would anyway. I believe he said that he planned to have it up this afternoon. If you expected the big unveiling at 12:01 am or something, you're going to be sorely disappointed just because of that.[/QUOTE]

Actually you may have misread my post a little. I said that I hoped that he was still on track to release the deal sometime today, but I did read his earlier post and knew that he might not have the legal ability to tell us tonight.

The part about midnight was just a joke about how there is so much anticipation over just the reveal of the deal (and not even the deal itself) that I wouldn't've been surprised to see the deal posted at 12:00 AM.

[quote name='Altanis']Kmart stores don't do pre-orders period.

What are you talking about? Josh has said multiple times he was going to try to get coupons back rolling for the 3DS launch.

He just hasn't confirmed the 3DS offer because, according to him, Nintendo wasn't willing to allow more than a $10 offer.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, only offering a $10 offer on a 3DS. They could spare more than that. Although it makes business sense to not offer much at all to entice customers since they do know that they will sell out anyway even if no store anywhere had a deal for it on launch day.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']That sucks, only offering a $10 offer on a 3DS. They could spare more than that. Although it makes business sense to not offer much at all to entice customers since they do know that they will sell out anyway even if no store anywhere had a deal for it on launch day.[/QUOTE]

do you have any clue what the profit margin on hardware is?

[quote name='confoosious']do you have any clue what the profit margin on hardware is?[/QUOTE]

Nope. But I do know that Nintendo upped the price on the 3DS because everybody absolutely wanted it and even told reporters that if everyone hadn't reacted so positively to it it would've been cheaper.

So remember to totally trash talk the 4DS when it's announced! Then it'll be cheaper when you buy it! ;)

Yeah, the profit margin is little to none on systems. Any percentage off or money back is a good deal, to be honest.

Nope. But I do know that Nintendo upped the price on the 3DS because everybody absolutely wanted it and even told reporters that if everyone hadn't reacted so positively to it it would've cheaper.

Do you have a link to that article? I wouldn't mind reading that.

[quote name='Scorch']

Do you have a link to that article? I wouldn't mind reading that.[/QUOTE]

I suspect that article exists in a place that also houses unicorns and the tooth fairy.

Nobody in their right mind would ever say a thing like that.

[quote name='confoosious']do you have any clue what the profit margin on hardware is?[/QUOTE]
For every other company? Either pretty much 0 or in the red.

For Nintendo? It greatly varies. They were making profits on the Wii at launch, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made a decent profit on the 3DS.

All that aside, yeah, profits on hardware is slim to none. It's going to be interesting to see a teardown sheet of what it costs to build.

[quote name='confoosious']I suspect that article exists in a place that also houses unicorns and the tooth fairy.

Nobody in their right mind would ever say a thing like that.[/QUOTE]
Really. I doubt Nintendo actually said that if people had trashed the console that it would have dropped in price. About the only thing that would have dropped the price was if the tech wasn't expensive.

[quote name='Scorch']Do you have a link to that article? I wouldn't mind reading that.[/QUOTE]

Sure, just give me a minute to find it. I can't remember if I saw it on GameInformer or IGN (or both).

Oh, and when I said "upped", just know that they simply priced it higher, and not that they announced a price and later revised it. Whatever they first thought of pricing it was never announced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo was making money off the wii from the beginning. I don't think legit retailers were making much at all. (Of course, having people coming into their store every day to check if it was in stock greatly helped.)

[quote name='confoosious']I suspect that article exists in a place that also houses unicorns and the tooth fairy.

Nobody in their right mind would ever say a thing like that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Altanis']Really. I doubt Nintendo actually said that if people had trashed the console that it would have dropped in price. About the only thing that would have dropped the price was if the tech wasn't expensive.[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, time to eat your words. And I never said that Nintendo suggested we trash talk the 3DS, I said that it was priced higher because we all love it too much.

Linky.

• :360::ps3: 3-15 Yakuza 4 Offer 10,000 SYWR + Free Yakuza 3
Anyone think this is a hot deal? My only concern is Yakuza 3's availability... If there's no 3, how will the deal be executed?

• :ps3: 2-22 Killzone 3 20,000 SYWR Points ($20)
I bought KZ3 from K Mart today, and they had to ring it up to tell me if I would get the $20 credit, and they rang it up, and I did not get it, so I returned it.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Linky.[/QUOTE]
Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata explained that the price tag of the 3DS was set based on several factors, one of which was the enthusiastic reception the system received at this year's E3.
So it's just one factor. It doesn't say that it's the factor, like you said.

If your fans say that it looks awesome (personally, I have eye issues with 3D video, so I'm not jumping on it for a while) why not bump up the price? It's not like Nintendo said it was going to be $200 and then the response was awesome so they bumped it to $250. The components probably cost a pretty penny and they couldn't price it at $200 without losing money- something Nintendo refuses to do on a console.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Sorry guys, time to eat your words. And I never said that Nintendo suggested we trash talk the 3DS, I said that it was priced higher because we all love it too much.

Linky.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='Altanis']Kmart stores don't do pre-orders period.

He just hasn't confirmed the 3DS offer because, according to him, Nintendo wasn't willing to allow more than a $10 offer.[/QUOTE]

I just looked at the first page. The rest of the thread is huge and moves fast. Good to hear though.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We have literally gone from "who's" Kmart to a legitimate player in the market in less than a year. We grew our overall market share with every single publisher.

Regardless of the challenges still out there it is remarkable what has happened. My rep at EA has called it the biggest retailer turnaround he has seen.

This is in large part to all of you. I cannot underestimate the role CAG has played in spreading the word on the deals but also in public perception as well.[/QUOTE]

i think now its time to start heavy advertising and better employee knowledge

anyways picked up KZ3 and got my points......still waiting for my MVC3 points

also while picking up KZ3 i saw the helgast edition calling my name on the case by the register.....dam you SHC....

[quote name='Altanis']So it's just one factor. It doesn't say that it's the factor, like you said.[/QUOTE]

I never said it was the sole solitary factor for the high price. I said it was "upped" because of all the hype, just like the article basically says.

And you don't title an article "You Are To Blame For The 3DS Price Point" if it was just a meaningless increase.

Yeah... I don't see where in Bloomberg article he actually said prices were raised because of the enthusiastic response.

Goddamn that's some irresponsible reporting by GI. (And of course, everyone takes it as fact.)

[quote name='Serpentor']
  • :360::ps3: 3-15 Yakuza 4 Offer 10,000 SYWR + Free Yakuza 3
Anyone think this is a hot deal? My only concern is Yakuza 3's availability... If there's no 3, how will the deal be executed?[/QUOTE]Josh has said that they will be re-ordering lots of copies of Yakuza 3 for this deal, since they barely bought any back when it initially released.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Sorry guys, time to eat your words. And I never said that Nintendo suggested we trash talk the 3DS, I said that it was priced higher because we all love it too much.

Linky.[/QUOTE]

Lol, priceless. Good job sticking it to the nay-sayers.

I'm not surprised they did that (like with the Pokemon bundle I ranted about this morning), just more surprised they admitted it. :p I believe that companies do minimize the profit margin to compete though, (especially with Nintendo, the supposed price floor) but they obviously do have SOME wiggle room (remember the Sony PS vs. Sega Saturn anyone?) and not just because of time (increasing efficiency/lowering costs/increased revenue) but there's no need to throw an incentive this early on, that way it can only get more appealing value-wise, from launch. However, the general idea is that when you know you're going to sell a lot of units, you decrease the price, but when you have people eating of the palm of your hand like with 3DS, they're not only probably limiting the supply, they're driving up the price. It's the Wii all over again, I really hope Sony has a competitive price point.

Edit: Apparently a lack of sources put this in the realm of assumptions. Still believe it. It all goes back to the "Nintendo only deals in video games, while Sony/Microsoft have other backings, and can take a short-term loss in the video game dept."

Linky.[/QUOTE]

Pwned... and they can't take it Ha

Some of you guys need to watch CNBC or something.

Who the hell ever thinks the public response isn't the PRIMARY reason to set a certain price needs to STFU about any sort of monetary issue.

No matter how much it costs to manufacture the console the money is in the games, DL content, and licensing.
Xbox took a major loss w/ every unit sold of the original unit. No one thought that console would make it. Now Sony is fighting tooth and nail w/ Microsoft and are adopting the same philosophy.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah... I don't see where in Bloomberg article he actually said prices were raised because of the enthusiastic response.

Goddamn that's some irresponsible reporting by GI. (And of course, everyone takes it as fact.)[/QUOTE]
It's GI. Did you expect anything else? :lol: It's a link to an article, that links to an article, that links to an article. It's pretty bad already.

But yeah, there's absolutely nothing in the actual Bloomberg article that says that. Somewhere along the way it looks like something got lost in translation or something, because I'm not seeing that. In fact, I'm really not seeing anything that really discusses the price other than to say what it is. I'm kinda disappointed. I was actually getting ready to admit I was wrong.

On another note, let's try to keep this thread on topic. Kmart deals, not how Nintendo supposedly said they increased the price of the 3DS because the people at E3 (let's blame the reporters, since they're the ones that reacted that way at E3) liked it.

[quote name='aznhero913']Some of you guys need to watch CNBC or something.

Who the hell ever thinks the public response isn't the PRIMARY reason to set a certain price needs to STFU about any sort of monetary issue.

No matter how much it costs to manufacture the console the money is in the games, DL content, and licensing.
Xbox took a major loss w/ every unit sold of the original unit.[/QUOTE]

The market determines the price. (Collusion and monopolies aside.) That's basic econ, isn't it?

But what head of a company says "Well, we were gonna make it lower but the response was so great, we increased the price." ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back