Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ILLregular']It's officially Sunday, and I still don't have my 25,000 MvC3 points :(

Edit: I just seen that the points are not going to be posted until 2/28... starting to feel like those video game release dates that keep getting pushed back, lol.[/QUOTE]

first they say saturday, now its mondays, I hope tomorrow doesn't turn into never.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Buy it, play it, and don't buy dlc. Then sell/trade it. Then hope for a nice deal on said GOTY edition in a year or so.[/QUOTE]

:imwithst:

Hmmmm... if I do not have my MvC3 SYWR points by Pokemon release (which will be very disappointing) I guess I will just go the Amazon route.

[quote name='Gavica']first they say saturday, now its mondays, I hope tomorrow doesn't turn into never.[/QUOTE]

Josh has been pestering the SYWR guys every day for this on everyone's behalf. When he says that if they're not posted to your account on the 28th he'll take care of you personally, he means that. You will get your credit.

[quote name='hoofrog']Hmmmm... if I do not have my MvC3 SYWR points by Pokemon release (which will be very disappointing) I guess I will just go the Amazon route.[/QUOTE]

Same for me and DA 2, but I'm confident personally they'll clear monday.

Hey Josh got a question for you, Do we expect a really good promo for WWE All Stars? I know WWE and K-Mart have a great relationship already hopefully that results into a great promo out of it. Also are you going to be getting the special controllers for All Stars?

Didn't see Enslaved on Saturday so I picked up the last $14.99 copy of Muramasa instead. Also, I couldn't find House of the Dead: Overkill on the clearance list, either. The local Kmart here has returned most of the value games it had over the holidays for some reason, but I plan to pick up a few more clearance titles when I can scare up the cash.

[quote name='medetron']

whether the guy was helpful or not doesn't excuse them not having the games out for an entire week.. the system showing them in stock means someone scanned the package and left it somewhere. did you ask for a manager or anyone higher then a cashier? making multiple trips it quiet frankly your fault for not escalating the situation when you FIRST went. anyways email josh with your story including store and address. and I'm sure he'll look into it so that in future visits you'll be able to pick up these games, that is if target hasn't mesmerized you with there nice isles :roll:[/QUOTE]

It was mentioned to someone here earlier in the week and I believe they said they were going to take care of it. I stopped by Saturday afternoon because it was the last day for the points deal... A few people did look for the 'missing games' but no luck...

IMHO, Josh will eventually give up and leave K-Mart for a job at a better company (someone is going to be really impressed with what he is trying to do). K-Mart is wrecked and I really don't think much can be done to help it.

[quote name='dansoccerball']what is the pokemon deal? I clicked on the link but nothing show up ?[/QUOTE]
Here you go.
Kmartgamer is pleased to announce that from March 6th-March 12th, with every in-store purchase of Pokemon Black, you can receive 50% off Pokemon White. (Both must be purchased in the same transaction.) Pokemon Black and White are regularly priced $34.99 each.

Nintendo is also releasing an Limited Edition DSi Pokemon White and Black Bundle for $179.99. With every in-store purchase of this bundle, you can receive any other Pokemon game for free!

The DSi bundle offer cannot be combined with the Pokemon Black/White buy one get one half off promotion. Quantities for this offer are limited, and are available while supplies last.

[quote name='InvaderZim']IMHO, Josh will eventually give up and leave K-Mart for a job at a better company (someone is going to be really impressed with what he is trying to do).[/QUOTE]

I think people at KMart are taking notice at what he's accomplishing as well, especially when we offer feedback ourselves. The more good he does, the more good he'll be able to do.

But if he did ever go to another retailer, chances are most of us CAGs are going to follow him to our new favorite store.

[quote name='TheNeck']Here you go.[/QUOTE]

thats the same deal at TRU... guess i do the amazon route

too bad no longer allowed to split prime .. love to get this in 2 days but wont pay 79 yet for prime

Came back from a Kmart that had two DQV. If anyone wants one PM me and I'll try to pick it up today or Monday and sell it for 43 shipped. (Kmart sells it for 39.99; I'm not doing this for a profit but to help out.)

[quote name='Trance Addix']Came back from a Kmart that had two DQV. If anyone wants one PM me and I'll try to pick it up today or Monday and sell it for 43 shipped. (Kmart sells it for 39.99; I'm not doing this for a profit but to help out.)[/QUOTE]

oh wow and you in PA. I called a bunch of K-mart in the region a few days ago and none had it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm heading out to Scottsdale for the week to meet with Sony and all the publishers. I will be anxiously awaiting to see if the SYWR update is applied correctly and will move quickly Monday evening.

After that, I'll be fairly quiet next week and asking Stock Boy to help out as much he can.

Just wanted to let everyone know if it seems like getting emails back is slower than usual.[/QUOTE]

Please speak to your rep about doing something for U3!!
I know i sound like a broken record requesting this but I really want some cool memorabilia w/ game purchase!!!!

[quote name='xRemnant']oh wow and you in PA. I called a bunch of K-mart in the region a few days ago and none had it.[/QUOTE]

Well let me know, lol. I live close to Jersey.

[quote name='DPsycho']Josh has been pestering the SYWR guys every day for this on everyone's behalf. When he says that if they're not posted to your account on the 28th he'll take care of you personally, he means that. You will get your credit.[/QUOTE]

Josh also said he would ship the CoD medals that Kmart was supposed to give at release. I sent him my shipping info via email at his request. Here we are in February and it's never arrived. So there you go.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Josh also said he would ship the CoD medals that Kmart was supposed to give at release. I sent him my shipping info via email at his request. Here we are in February and it's never arrived. So there you go.[/QUOTE]

Have you contacted him since?

Just as a counterpoint he responded to my emails at 4am on a weekday... shipped my GC immediately and i received it a week later.

too bad toysrus stole some of kmarts thunder becasue starting 3/6 they are having a B1G1 half off on all ds games for the week so those who have giftcards for TRU will go there. So the DSI bundle makes it worth it in this deal if you dont already have 1

[quote name='Glasscocked']Josh also said he would ship the CoD medals that Kmart was supposed to give at release. I sent him my shipping info via email at his request. Here we are in February and it's never arrived. So there you go.[/QUOTE]

e-mail him again. You really have no idea how busy he is.

Pretty weak week this week (that was fun). I don't understand why the GOTY Arkham isn't included in this sale - it retails for $29.99 now..

Lot of trolls/whiners in this thread lately.. Wonder if other retailers are feeling the heat and sending virals to muck up the thread.. Lol

Dont really believe that but it would be funny.

Anyone played goldeneye ds? Interested at $15.

Q: I was looking for an XBLA points card/PSN card, but couldn’t find any in the electronics section. What’s wrong?
A2: In response to current New Jersey legislation, Kmart took down all stored value cards including PSN and XBLA cards. If you see any competitors who have not done this please let me know as I would love to reintegrate these cards.

Just saw that in the OP. Just wondering what the NJ legislation was and what will happen if I try to take advantage of one of the deals with the points cards?

[quote name='DomLando']Q: I was looking for an XBLA points card/PSN card, but couldn’t find any in the electronics section. What’s wrong?
A2: In response to current New Jersey legislation, Kmart took down all stored value cards including PSN and XBLA cards. If you see any competitors who have not done this please let me know as I would love to reintegrate these cards.

Just saw that in the OP. Just wondering what the NJ legislation was and what will happen if I try to take advantage of one of the deals with the points cards?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, those poor fools like me who live in NJ should contact Josh with the purchase info and he will take care of us. As if he didn't have enough to do already.

[quote name='jer7583']Anyone played goldeneye ds? Interested at $15.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played it, but it's been $10 at Newegg before (and I think Amazon PM'd it for a short while).

[quote name='boogie4114']too bad toysrus stole some of kmarts thunder becasue starting 3/6 they are having a B1G1 half off on all ds games for the week so those who have giftcards for TRU will go there. So the DSI bundle makes it worth it in this deal if you dont already have 1[/QUOTE]
And that's just like how people with Best Buy GCs will go there, how people with Amazon credit will go there, and how people like me with Kmart SYWR points will go with Kmart. It's not like this is suddenly some newfangled thing where if multiple stores have similar deals, you go with the one that you have GCs to (or is closest).

[quote name='aznhero913']Please speak to your rep about doing something for U3!!
I know i sound like a broken record requesting this but I really want some cool memorabilia w/ game purchase!!!![/QUOTE]
Uncharted 3: Fortune Hunter Edition, uber-limited style. :booty:

[quote name='ubdu']From what I understand, those poor fools like me who live in NJ should contact Josh with the purchase info and he will take care of us. As if he didn't have enough to do already.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Do you know what the legislation is?

[quote name='ets']Anyone ever have the official answer on returning items and getting back points on refunds?[/QUOTE]
If you bought with points? Good question. I would guess that you would get the points back, since there seemed to be someone saying that was what happened to them.

If you buy and get points? You lose the points. Unintentionally, I had someone pick up DQ6 for me while the promo was going on, and they returned some stuff that was bought just prior to Christmas (using my SYWR card, but not points), and the points from it was deducted from my account. Since I had just redeemed all of my points, it put my account in a negative balance (by I think like 12 cents maybe). When they purchased DQ6 and some other stuff, I got the regular SYWR and the bonus SYWR points but it all adds up to where the negative balance I had was deducted from the amount I got.

Anyone know if the new batch of GH games are 29.99 instore? Looks like Uncharted 2 GOTY is 29.99 on the kmart site, but hoping it would hit store price soon :D

[quote name='DomLando']That sucks. Do you know what the legislation is?[/QUOTE]

Basically the state wants to collect interest off of the unused money stored on gift cards. They now require gift card / stored value card issuers to keep records of the information tied to a particular card. Sometimes this requires issuing new cards since places like Microsoft don't take down your name & zip code when you purchase the points card.

Before, the issuer of the card (Best Buy, Amazon, Microsoft etc.) would keep the money in their own private account until the purchaser used it, where it would be deducted. The issuer could impose any dormancy fees (such as a card losing value over time) they saw fit as long as it complied with federal law. Under the new law, NJ would instead take & hold the money, earn interest off it for the state (they need money that bad), then return the money to the retailer when the card is actually used. If the card isn't redeemed in 2 years, the state then claims the money as abandoned & the card is worthless. They also eliminate all fees for dormancy & may impose restrictions on transferability which explains why they'd need records. This process adds a 3rd party to the transaction (which is the state of NJ) which explains why the cards would need to be taken down & reissued.

[quote name='pistonh']Basically the state wants to collect interest off of the unused money stored on gift cards. They now require gift card / stored value card issuers to keep records of the information tied to a particular card. Sometimes this requires issuing new cards since places like Microsoft don't take down your name & zip code when you purchase the points card.

Before, the issuer of the card (Best Buy, Amazon, Microsoft etc.) would keep the money in their own private account until the purchaser used it, where it would be deducted. The issuer could impose any dormancy fees (such as a card losing value over time) they saw fit as long as it complied with federal law. Under the new law, NJ would instead take & hold the money, earn interest off it for the state (they need money that bad), then return the money to the retailer when the card is actually used. If the card isn't redeemed in 2 years, the state then claims the money as abandoned & the card is worthless. They also eliminate all fees for dormancy & may impose restrictions on transferability which explains why they'd need records. This process adds a 3rd party to the transaction (which is the state of NJ) which explains why the cards would need to be taken down & reissued.[/QUOTE]
When I began reading, I thought, "O good Govt., they are taking care of people." But, as I went on to read the whole paragraph, my thoughts changed to, "O good Govt., they found another way of making money off of innocent people." What is the govt. supposed to do, "By the people, of the people, for the people" or "By the people, of the people, to rip off the people."

Folks, remember that you are NOT allowed to post selling type offers in this forum. I realize this was done to help others out, I've done that sort of thing in the past with Fry's clearances. But you have to post appropriately.

I'm still waiting anxiously for my Kmart points to post. I'm looking forward to Pokemon and possibly even Yakuza 4/3.

The cool thing was shopping in TRU the other day I was talking with the kid in their Video Games section. He's a nice kid, decent gamer, and a good associate. Anyway, he's excited about Pokemon Black/White and said he's getting both with his 10% employee discount. I mentioned the Kmart Deal (buy one, get one 1/2 price) and he said he'll be going there. Then he paused, and told me that Kmart has been pulling some of their Video Game sales lately. He mentioned running into a long-time customer somewhere, and asking where he'd been. The customer told him he's been shopping in Kmart now because they've had such great Video Game deals.

Good for you, SHC. Even better for us. :applause:

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I'm guessing the enslaved deal is over with. Was 39.99 at my Kmart. I may try to get Wet at BBV for 10 and Enslaved for 17 used as GS.[/QUOTE]
Did you have an employee price scan it? My local KMart is terrible with updating tags and signs in the electronics section.

Does anyone know if all the price changes that are on page one are automatically in the system? Or is that something that they actually have to do at each location? So if i see a game i am looking for that is on that list and mispriced it should ring up correctly?

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I'm guessing the enslaved deal is over with. Was 39.99 at my Kmart. I may try to get Wet at BBV for 10 and Enslaved for 17 used as GS.[/QUOTE]
Enslaved isn't $14.99 anymore, but the MSRP has dropped to $19.99. If it's stickered $39.99 that is an outdated sticker. Remember, the MSRP of the game just dropped a week ago, so many stores likely have not updated the price on the games.

[quote name='djgizmo772']Does anyone know if all the price changes that are on page one are automatically in the system? Or is that something that they actually have to do at each location? So if i see a game i am looking for that is on that list and mispriced it should ring up correctly?[/QUOTE]
The clearance drops have to be done by each store. They have to pull the stock from the game cases, and label the games with a generic clearance price title sticker (some exceptions may apply... some clearance titles may just get a regular price sticker and be placed in the clearance bins).

So if you see a game that isn't labeled correctly, it may not ring up correctly.

[quote name='Gavica']first they say saturday, now its mondays, I hope tomorrow doesn't turn into never.[/QUOTE]
Do you never stop? Josh has said that if the points don't post he will send gift cards out. Everyone that bought the game after Josh announced the temp freeze knew going in that the points wouldn't post right away and would take until this weekend at least.

I defend Kmart a lot here, but anyone that goes in to these deals involving SYWR points should realize that, so far, Josh is pretty much 0 for in getting these to go off without a hitch. If the points are the make or break, must have right away part of this deal, you're probably better off going somewhere else. I honestly didn't expect the Dragon Quest 6 points to post correctly when it was purchased using my SYWR card, but they did. If you go in expecting everything to go off without a hitch, you're probably going to be disappointed. Josh has already said that sometimes, you really do have the right to be pissed at Kmart.

[quote name='djgizmo772']Does anyone know if all the price changes that are on page one are automatically in the system? Or is that something that they actually have to do at each location? So if i see a game i am looking for that is on that list and mispriced it should ring up correctly?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK the deadline has passed for all stores to clearance those items. So they should ring up at the appropriate price. IF for some reason they don't josh probably should be notified.

Well i will try again on the mark downs on tuesday. If they aren't correct i will have to drop josh a line. As much as i hate to as busy as he is. Thanks for the answers

If I bought Crysis 2, could I use that $10 in points to buy the $50 psn card, or do the purchases have to be on the same receipt?

[quote name='alex12353']If I bought Crysis 2, could I use that $10 in points to buy the $50 psn card, or do the purchases have to be on the same receipt?[/QUOTE]
In order to get the deal, you have to buy them at the same time. So nope, you can't use the $10 in points on the PSN card.

[quote name='Altanis']In order to get the deal, you have to buy them at the same time. So nope, you can't use the $10 in points on the PSN card.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I guess I'll pass on this deal then unless it gets great reviews.

[quote name='Tempius']If there is a clearance drop will it take effect at all Kamrts? I found a Castlevania LE for the 360 today and it rang up $80.[/QUOTE]

Only the PS3 version dropped to $30.

I'd really love to take part in the dragon age deal but I have the special edition preordered at Amazon. That 30 dollars off cards is a killer deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back