Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not see this listed but thought I would ask. Does Kmart gamer have any specials for RIFT game for PC arriving this week. If not perhaps in the coming weeks?

Dijital

[quote name='Dijital']I did not see this listed but thought I would ask. Does Kmart gamer have any specials for RIFT game for PC arriving this week. If not perhaps in the coming weeks?

Dijital[/QUOTE]

When PC games have specials, they're also listed. Which means there's isn't anything for RIFT this week. Only Josh knows the rest.

Does anyone know if the original Uncharted 2 (not the GOTY version) should have been included in the price drop to $29.99? It still rings up at $39.99, which doesn't make much sense considering the value of the DLC in the GOTY version that is now cheaper.

[quote name='AMadcap']This happened when I signed up this week as well, the store did not have any of the cards on hand. If you did a full sign-up with email address and mailing info, you should have an email from them welcoming you with your account info. Mine was sent to me before I left the store. Physical card is supposed to be mailed to you, according to the employee that signed me up.[/QUOTE]

I never got an welcome email. I have a feeling the guy typed in the wrong email or something. Is there a way to fix this besides trying to call and hope he put the rest of my info in correctly? Can't confirm info if it's put in wrong.

Im just wondering what fellow CAGS would do I mange to get 68 bucks in SYWR points should I use them on the Pokemon' deal buy both and flip the version I dont want or Just keep then points till the 3DS deal and use it then

Sweet, it posted!
Two quick questions:
1. Can I use these in store, or do I have to use these online? Nested question: do I need the card (which I don't have...) to use these in store, or can I just tell them my account info?

2. Can I use these points to get game specials that give me points? Like, could I use this, as an example, on the Fight Night Champion offer to get 15k more points?
What I'm really aiming for is that Crysis 2 special... 60 bucks - 25 bucks + 20 bucks = 55 bucks.. for Crysis 2 and a 50 dollar PSN card. That would be great awesome.

1. Yes, you can use them in store (or online). You don't need the card, but if you don't have the card, you will need to create a PIN to use to redeem points (unless you have your card number, and have the associate type in your number), which you will have to give to the associate in order to use your points.

2. Yes, you can. The SYWR points are treated like currency. They're just like Best Buy's Reward Zone certs, except it's for Kmart, Sears, and the rest of the SHC family.

For example, my plan is to use my current $16 SYWR balance on a set of Pokemon Black & White, essentially knocking it down to B1G1 Free (okay, so it's more like B1G1 95% off).

Totally. Awesome.

Yeah, I think I'm jumping on that Crysis 2 deal if it stays in effect. 55 bucks for Crysis 2, 10 future Kmart bucks, and 50 dollars in PSN money is just waayyy too good to pass. I mean, I already have that PSN money spent in my head: Hardcorps Uprising (whenever it finally comes to PSN), Castle Crashers, and MvC 3 DLC should eat it up nicely....

Lol, haven't checked one of these threads in three months and I see nothing has changed. Wish the store close to me would shut down so they could put in a retailer that actually impacts the US.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, haven't checked one of these threads in three months and I see nothing has changed. Wish the store close to me would shut down so they could put in a retailer that actually impacts the US.[/QUOTE]
Haters gonna hate

[quote name='Jodou']I'm just mad I don't have a Fry's here. :\[/QUOTE]

Frys would be heaven in TN. One retailer that I miss that's in California. but it can't match the promos that kmart offers.

Has anyone had problems with opting in for emails on the SYWR site? The profile section doesn't work for me at all. No emails show up on the email preference drop down list. I also can't update any information on my profile; it always gives me an error when I try.

[quote name='ray2dee']Im just wondering what fellow CAGS would do I mange to get 68 bucks in SYWR points should I use them on the Pokemon' deal buy both and flip the version I dont want or Just keep then points till the 3DS deal and use it then[/QUOTE]

I never ever use points or gift certificates on major purchases. Visa has a double your warranty on most purchases but you have to pay entirely with your visa card. I don't know if points and gcs are excepted but I don't take that chance. I pay it all with my Visa.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Has anyone pickup up Fight Night and can report if there were any SYWR points issues?[/QUOTE]
You know, I think that either no one has picked up Fight Night, or for once there aren't any issues stemming from it. Considering I would think someone would have tried to pick up Fight Night, I think the second case is more likely.

Holy crap. Hell hath frozen over.

[quote name='RallyV']I never got an welcome email. I have a feeling the guy typed in the wrong email or something. Is there a way to fix this besides trying to call and hope he put the rest of my info in correctly? Can't confirm info if it's put in wrong.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if there's a way to fix your info online without first getting the account info to log in; you may have to go to a store or call a customer service number and see if they can verify/update your info. I don't know enough about how the system works to say for sure.

If you suspect your email address is incorrect, you should get on the phone with SYWR support. When I got my card, the info I filled out was never entirely attached to it, and it seemed like both my card and my info were in the system as separate entities. Over the phone, I was able to provide my details (phone number and card number) and everything was remedied.

If the issue is that your email address was entered incorrectly when processed or if it simply never processed entirely, they should be able to pull it all up for you and make it work.

CoD Black Ops PS3 deal: not only is the PSN card offer not mentioned online, the game itself is OOS.

I wanted to believe, Josh, but between this and Enslaved, I'm a sad panda.

[quote name='gantt']CoD Black Ops PS3 deal: not only is the PSN card offer not mentioned online, the game itself is OOS.

I wanted to believe, Josh, but between this and Enslaved, I'm a sad panda.[/QUOTE]

really? Dude.. none of these "bundled" deals have been valid at Kmart.com

[quote name='killias2']Totally. Awesome.

Yeah, I think I'm jumping on that Crysis 2 deal if it stays in effect. 55 bucks for Crysis 2, 10 future Kmart bucks, and 50 dollars in PSN money is just waayyy too good to pass. I mean, I already have that PSN money spent in my head: Hardcorps Uprising (whenever it finally comes to PSN), Castle Crashers, and MvC 3 DLC should eat it up nicely....[/QUOTE]

As a sidenote, while I understand that I'm preparing awfully early, what are the chances that my local Kmart will go along with this PSN card bundle deal? It's not easy to make it to a Kmart for me, and I'd hate to go out there for nothing....

[quote name='aznhero913']Still on the fence about crysis 2.

Might return bulletstorm and get that instead.[/QUOTE]

Bulletstorm is fantastic. That would be a mistake.

Crysis 2 might be good as well but I can say Bulletstorm is worth keeping.

[quote name='jer7583']Bulletstorm is fantastic. That would be a mistake.

Crysis 2 might be good as well but I can say Bulletstorm is worth keeping.[/QUOTE]

I beat it once and don't really feel like playing it again - felt more like work, than fun in my opinion. Also there is no new game plus which is crappy.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I beat it once and don't really feel like playing it again - felt more like work, than fun in my opinion. Also there is no new game plus which is crappy.[/QUOTE]

that was the whole reason i decided to not play bulletstorm in the first place. I don't like to have to combo for my kills. If I wanted to do that, I'd play a fighting game. Complicated stuff like that doesn't belong in an FPS. I enjoy precision, single shot kills over bulletstorm combos any day.

[quote name='killias2']As a sidenote, while I understand that I'm preparing awfully early, what are the chances that my local Kmart will go along with this PSN card bundle deal? It's not easy to make it to a Kmart for me, and I'd hate to go out there for nothing....[/QUOTE]

ffs.. just get the points card with crysis 2 on the same transaction, it will automatically take $30 off of the price of the psn card

If there was a deal that you were not be able to jump on this past week (Bulletstorm/Killzone 3) I will honor them next week with proof of purchase via gift card.

Can someone explain what this means exactly. SO if I buy Bulletstorm anytime this week I can e-mail him and get the gift card?

[quote name='Darknuke']that was the whole reason i decided to not play bulletstorm in the first place. I don't like to have to combo for my kills. If I wanted to do that, I'd play a fighting game. Complicated stuff like that doesn't belong in an FPS. I enjoy precision, single shot kills over bulletstorm combos any day.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to go out of your way to combo in the Bulletstorm campaign if you don't want to. You should be able to get enough points to upgrade your weapons and keep them loaded by just playing normally. Personally, I tried to do as many skill shots as I could and I never became tired of them. This game is what the FPS genre needs in my opinion. Something fresh instead of another military shooter.

BTW, I received my $15 gift card from DQVI yesterday so I am ready for Dragon Age 2 at no cost. :D Decided to skip Fight Night for now since it will probably be 50% off during an EA flash deal in a couple months.

Got my points and redeemed them, but it was an incredulous hassle. The main lady at the checkout said I needed a card to use my points, when I knew all I needed was my PIN. Then when I went around her to check out at electronics, the guy there told me I only had $10 worth, but when I pulled up my rewards on my phone, he sent me to customer service where they finally got it right. Even still thanks for the awesome deal and speedy service, Josh!

The Kmart's in my area are still in really bad shape. The employees are useless for the most part and either complain while doing their job openly to the customers or they don't know how to do their job right. I had a simple return to do today and the employees gave me a major hassle because I didn't have the receipt with me but I had my rewards card. They were telling me that they weren't going to credit me, I'd have to buy something to replace the value and this was coming from two different customer service reps.

It's that kind of service that prevents me from being a regular shopper at Kmart. I'll come in for the deal when I see it's better than somewhere else, but I will not shop there for general purchases. My bet is on Kmart/Sears being the next franchise/company that has the mass closings like we've seen with so many of the other retailers. Then the employees can try to get their jobs back at McDonald's and Burger King, because that's the quality of their employees.

[quote name='Buzzman']Can someone explain what this means exactly. SO if I buy Bulletstorm anytime this week I can e-mail him and get the gift card?[/QUOTE]
No.

You had to have bought MvC 3, not gotten the points, and been planning on using them on Bulletstorm or Killzone 3 for you to get the gift card.

If you buy Bulletstorm now, there's no special, so you're not going to get (nor are you entitled to) anything.

I'm thinking there will be a fairly good 3DS deal, based on the one we got for Kinect. Kinect was $25 for the hardware and then $15 for the first game, which got me a cool $40 back on my Kinect + Dance Central purchase.

[quote name='Darknuke']that was the whole reason i decided to not play bulletstorm in the first place. I don't like to have to combo for my kills. If I wanted to do that, I'd play a fighting game. Complicated stuff like that doesn't belong in an FPS. I enjoy precision, single shot kills over bulletstorm combos any day.[/QUOTE]

I felt the exact same way after playing the demo, but still ended up picking it up to take advantage of the BB/GoW deal and boy am I glad I did. The campaign is not like the demo in that you really can play it the way you want. You can say you won't want to have to deal with the whole "kill with skill" approach, but the way it's implemented without forcing you to do so is perfect and actually makes it more appealing in wanting to at least try. It actually ends up quite addictive and is a total breath of fresh air.

[quote name='jling84']Has anyone had problems with opting in for emails on the SYWR site? The profile section doesn't work for me at all. No emails show up on the email preference drop down list. I also can't update any information on my profile; it always gives me an error when I try.[/QUOTE]

I've been having problems with their site for weeks. I can get to the preferences page but if I make any changes it just goes to the reset password page over and over again. I've called them, e-mailed them and even sent Josh an e-mail to see if you could push them along. I tried it on 3 different computers and still get the same thing. I haven't had any luck so far but let me know if you get an answer.

Jeff

[quote name='Blank Earth']I'll e-mail Josh tonight, but for my own curiosity, am I the only one with no MVC3 points still?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm in the same boat.

[quote name='confoosious']I thought the 3DS deal was already said to be very small? like $10?[/QUOTE]
Josh said that was what Nintendo was limiting it at.

Now, of course, what they limit it at and what is actually offered is probably different.

You know, that could either be one lucky person that asked about them after the deal ended, or it could be an asshole employee.

I don't want to say it's definitely an asshole employee.... I'm just saying that it probably is. ;)

[quote name='Altanis']You know, that could either be one lucky person that asked about them after the deal ended, or it could be an asshole employee.

I don't want to say it's definitely an asshole employee.... I'm just saying that it probably is. ;)[/QUOTE]

I considered the possibility that someone walked in and was given 10 patches. But then I thought, no.

I'm guessing that the 3DS deal will involve getting a substantial reward or discount when purchased along with something else in order to get around Big N's limitations. Red tape can be difficult to navigate.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I felt the exact same way after playing the demo, but still ended up picking it up to take advantage of the BB/GoW deal and boy am I glad I did. The campaign is not like the demo in that you really can play it the way you want. You can say you won't want to have to deal with the whole "kill with skill" approach, but the way it's implemented without forcing you to do so is perfect and actually makes it more appealing in wanting to at least try. It actually ends up quite addictive and is a total breath of fresh air.[/QUOTE]

Yeah what people don't get is that demo was one of the Echo's from the game, just a small segment. Personally I love bulletstorm the game is so fun and addictive, just need a couple online achievements and ill be 1000/1000 on it. I have easily played it for 40 hrs so far.

Having a great time out here in Scottsdale. :applause: About to get some hands on time with NGP.

I'll try and catch up on email as much as I can tonight. Doesn't seem like there was an issue with Fight Night and 99% of MvC3 seems to be resolved. Based on my meeting schedule I'll be able to get online tonight around 11p.m. pacific for about an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back