Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cag1000']How long did it take you guys to get your membership card in the mail? It's been 2 1/2 weeks and no sign of it yet....[/QUOTE]
3-4 weeks. I think the site even says wait 4-6 weeks. During their fiasco of their systems being crappy back in October/November, everything was delayed though.

[quote name='sasuke543']okay i know this has been asked before, but what do i need to use the credit from my SYWR card? Pin number and what else? I haven't gotten my card sent yet but where do you find the pin? I want to use the credit for the pokemon deal on sunday![/QUOTE]

You need either 1. your physical card, 2. the card number written down, or 3. your phone number and PIN.

If you don't have your PIN, you can change it on the SYWR site. Login with your email and password, and it should display the last 4 digits of your card number, with your PIN starred out right below. You can change the PIN pretty easily.

No e-mail yet here concerning points expiring.

As far as when you receive your card---who knows. I signed up back in November and have yet to receive a card.

Well i got the email as well. But since Altanis already emailed Josh. I will wait patiently for him to make a comment on here. Hate to fill the poor mans email box with something thats already been asked. Heck I will probably have all those points used up. Now just to add on it told me only 20,000 points of mine were going to be gone at the end of the month. Which is from the purchase of bulletstorm. My 25,00 points from MVC3 was not in that total of expiring points.

I apologize if this is covered on the SYWR website, but I've looked through the FAQ and don't see this addressed.

Can you not use points to buy a gift card?

Any promotions/are you even going to stock Dynasty Warriors 7? Haven't seen any floating around the internet.

If this is the wrong place to ask, I apologize.

Anyone else have the SYWR site tell you an incorrect amount for your yearly spending?

The site says I've only bought $48 or so this year on stuff, and I know that is wrong. Looking at my transaction history, everything is there, but it seems really weird that it's off by (my best guess) around $40.

[quote name='Altanis']Anyone else have the SYWR site tell you an incorrect amount for your yearly spending?

The site says I've only bought $48 or so this year on stuff, and I know that is wrong. Looking at my transaction history, everything is there, but it seems really weird that it's off by (my best guess) around $40.[/QUOTE]

Wow good eye. Mine is only showing me half of what i have spent this year as well.

The only reason I even noticed was because I knew that my parents use my card (they have the large version, I have the keychain one, which doesn't scan at all... yay), and on the same day I asked my dad to pick up DQ6 for me, he also picked up some other stuff, and the total was over $50 then alone.

Correction, I'm missing almost $60 in purchases this year. I just quickly ran through my points history and there's around $103 or so in purchases, but the system shows $48. I'm curious to find out what "qualified" expenses are, because I'm just going off the base amounts of points earned. Something somewhere ain't adding up right.

I don't think it'll show you spending that used points for purchase (ie $60 game using 20k points only counts for $40 of spending). Could that be the discrepancy?

Nope. Using points to pay for stuff takes off the base points. So for example, I bought Pokemon Diamond back in January ($34.99), but used a $10 coupon and some points. My total was like $10.50 after tax. Instead of it showing 350 base points ($34.99's amount), it shows my base points as 97, or $9.70, which is accurate.

Just going off base points here, not even including bonus points. All my points are there, but the qualified spending amount is off by $55.

It's not a huge deal, since I'm not going to spend $2500 a year anyway. It's just really... odd.

It shows that I've under spent by nearly $300. It's weird because all my purchases show up but some of them aren't counting towards my total spending. I dropped a few hundred at sears for auto parts and work on top of my video games and a blu ray player and it is only showing that I've spent $268

Is it delayed perhaps?

[quote name='EOU Findub']Any promotions/are you even going to stock Dynasty Warriors 7? Haven't seen any floating around the internet.

If this is the wrong place to ask, I apologize.[/QUOTE]

We'll be carrying Dynasty Warriors 7 and while I'm not 100% if the deal is finalized but I do believe Josh will have a solid deal for this one. He should be able to confirm in a week or so.

[quote name='dino88']All three of those games come out this month. What exactly are you worried about?[/QUOTE]

I was freaking out and thought it said points expire 3/3/2011............today!!

So just to follow up on why I asked this earlier...

Has anyone ever bought a gift card with points? I have now scoured the website and it doesn't say you can't, so why doesn't everyone who has no intentions of using your points by the end of the month just go buy a gift card?

I didn't get the email as I only have a whopping $1.55 balance and didn't get in on the MVC3 deal, but I'm trying to think of ways to help you guys out that did.

Got same email. Odd since I "spent" all my points in Jan so I have a small accumulation of points since then, but any I do have were earned this calendar year. The account page also shows 2 different amounts of points, a lower one at top and a higher one in the points history. All points I've earned are easily beyond any "delay" and I didn't get mvc3. So as widespread as this seems Not going with the sky is falling, looks like a small hiccup that will be addressed soon.

I received the same e-mail as well. I'll be using my points before the "expiration" date so it's not a big deal for me but I'm curious to see Josh's response. Every man has a breaking limit and I wonder if he is anywhere near his.

Holy fuck SYWR website:

Here's what I saw when I just logged in...

Value:$ 51.597000000000001074078326279703787804464809596538543701171875

I hope this glitch in the system resolves itself soon. Not just because I literally have nothing worthwhile to spend my points on except a XBL point card I don't need, but more so for Gamer. He's gone above and beyond the call of duty so to have to constantly deal with this kind of nonsense is ridiculous. The Rewards team needs to get their shit together.

[quote name='Altanis']Yeah, I think that's a pretty obvious choice really.[/QUOTE]Thanks for your input, but I totally forgot the $15 GC that I was originally planning to use at Kmart. #-o

So the price difference isn't quite as large as I thought:

Kmart: $34.99 + ($34.99 * 0.5) - $15 = $37.49 + tax = $37.49 + ($0.06 * 37.5) = about $39.74 w/o credit

vs Amazon: $41.23 + $20 credit

Hmm...a $1.49 difference if you ignore the credit, but... :whistle2:k

It really comes down to this: Do I want the $20 credit (Amazon) but risk not getting B&W for a couple of days (with Prime shipping; I assume since they release on Sunday, there isn't Release Day Delivery, so I'm screwed there), or do I want B&W the day they come out (Kmart, and I know my local store will have them)?

Hey Josh, I know its like a month and a half away but any thoughts on a deal for the new Mortal Kombat? I'm sure there's some really cool stuff you guys could do (free MK vs DC universe, SYWR points, MS/ PSN points) and the Tournament Edition looks seriously amazing and like it will be extremely limited. Any idea if you guys will even be carrying it?

Hi Josh,

Do you think Kmart will run a Buy 2 greatest hit get 1 free game deal, similar to the one that is running by best buy right now?

TIA

I'm guessing everyone has received or will be receiving the email about the points expiring being a mistake. The email is titled "Oops, we made a mistake!"

Dear Valued Member,

Yesterday, we mistakenly sent you an email informing you that some of your Shop Your Way Rewards℠ points were expiring on 3/31. This was a human error on our part and we want to assure you that this is not the case and your points are still valid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should've done it in l33tsp34k. Would have made that comment have more "punch."

My point, however, is that I didn't buy any gaming shit whatsoever, and still got the notification. I have no idea what this means in terms of whether the quarter is ending or whatnot, but I thought perhaps it would be interesting information.

Apparently it wasn't, so I'll remember not to say anything next time because confoosious might not like it.

[quote name='confoosious']You are so lame dude. You do nothing but complain about kmart.

It's not like you didn't get points or the manager refused to stack two coupons or any number of issues that people have had. You just bitch and bitch .... just to bitch.

Just give it up already.

Ew.[/QUOTE]

Hey josh -

I've decided I'm on board day 1 for 3ds - any chance we'll see an allocation list for local stores or should we just email stock boy like usual? Do you know how many each store is getting yet?

Do you anticipate sellouts day one or do we not have to worry?

Hey guys i just bought fight night champions and it said i only have 600 points from the purchase? Isnt it suppose to be 15,000? Do i just need to wait for it to come up or did i not get the promotion? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='snake8574']Hey guys i just bought fight night champions and it said i only have 600 points from the purchase? Isnt it suppose to be 15,000? Do i just need to wait for it to come up or did i not get the promotion? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

It should have showed up right away unless you're not setup to receive email notifications on the SYWR site.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Should've done it in l33tsp34k. Would have made that comment have more "punch."

My point, however, is that I didn't buy any gaming shit whatsoever, and still got the notification. I have no idea what this means in terms of whether the quarter is ending or whatnot, but I thought perhaps it would be interesting information.

Apparently it wasn't, so I'll remember not to say anything next time because confoosious might not like it.[/QUOTE]

You don't post things that "might be interesting". You post just to either further your personal vendetta against all things kmart or to troll.

And don't give me any "you can't say anything bad about kmart" business either. Plenty of people have said bad things about kmart and plenty of people are justified since the SYWR process sucks. But all you do is bitch and bitch... about a place where you don't buy anything. WTF?

The dumbest poster in this thread has more reason to complain than you. At least he actually bought something.

Just look at your posts in this thread. You're like the people who jump into every Gamestop thread to say "GS sucks! I never shop there!" Great. Thanks for your contribution.

[quote name='Killbomb']It should have showed up right away unless you're not setup to receive email notifications on the SYWR site.[/QUOTE]

I am signed up for all the email options and nothing has come up. i guess i will send an email to josh then. Any ideas as to why it didn't work for me?

[quote name='confoosious']You don't post things that "might be interesting". You post just to either further your personal vendetta against all things kmart or to troll.

And don't give me any "you can't say anything bad about kmart" business either. Plenty of people have said bad things about kmart and plenty of people are justified since the SYWR process sucks. But all you do is bitch
and bitch... about a place where you don't buy anything. WTF?
[/QUOTE]

I think you're an attention whore who likes to start shit up. I never said I don't buy *anything* there - hell, I'm there almost daily - I said I don't buy video game stuff there. If I didn't buy anything, where'd the 290 or so points come from? Hmmmmm... This might require Deep Thought!

We're through here -- don't make a bigger ass out of yourself by trying to continue this. You'll just turn into the very thing you're accusing me of being: a troll.

[quote name='snake8574']I am signed up for all the email options and nothing has come up. i guess i will send an email to josh then. Any ideas as to why it didn't work for me?[/QUOTE]

It's hard to tell with kmart. The stores may be a big question mark sometimes but at least if you email josh with your receipt information you know he will resolve it one way or another.

well considering this is a video game thread, the fact that you don't buy video games there is the salient point.

I certainly don't think socks and underwear is what we're here for.

again, you don't buy games there, yet you come in here to bitch about there. What's the point? Go away already.

[quote name='jer7583']It's hard to tell with kmart. The stores may be a big question mark sometimes but at least if you email josh with your receipt information you know he will resolve it one way or another.[/QUOTE]

It says in the offer detail it could take up to 7 days to post but i figured if it hasnt yet something is probably wrong. I will send an email to Josh do you think it is safe to open the game?

[quote name='jer7583']It's hard to tell with kmart. The stores may be a big question mark sometimes but at least if you email josh with your receipt information you know he will resolve it one way or another.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='snake8574']It says in the offer detail it could take up to 7 days to post but i figured if it hasnt yet something is probably wrong. I will send an email to Josh do you think it is safe to open the game?[/QUOTE]
There are a myriad of reasons that could explain why those points haven't posted. jer7583 has the best answer.

At the same time, have you or can you double-check to make sure you've opted in to receive e-mails? It's the most logical reason I can think of outside of these recent weird system hiccups and whether or not your points have been delayed, as you say.

[quote name='sadboy']There are a myriad of reasons that could explain why those points haven't posted. jer7583 has the best answer.

At the same time, have you or can you double-check to make sure you've opted in to receive e-mails? It's the most logical reason I can think of outside of these recent weird system hiccups and whether or not your points have been delayed, as you say.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and am opted in to receive emails on all options. I am sending an email to josh just to be safe don't want to wait and then it never shows up.

Going back to coupons (but requiring a SYWR card to get the coupon) is gonna solve a lot of problems.

It's a shame because reward points are much more flexible and last longer.

Just sent the email to josh hopefully he can resolve the issue i am going to open the game i think or do you guys think i should wait.

[quote name='confoosious']Going back to coupons (but requiring a SYWR card to get the coupon) is gonna solve a lot of problems.

It's a shame because reward points are much more flexible and last longer.[/QUOTE]
I'd imagine the new coupons system will make the coupons last longer--you know...if they go the "unique" barcode route. If not...then what's the whole damn point. SYWR are better in every way.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']i emailed josh awhile back but i haven't got any respond. what give.[/QUOTE]

He is away this week we may not get a response until Monday

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I'd imagine the new coupons system will make the coupons last longer--you know...if they go the "unique" barcode route. If not...then what's the whole damn point. SYWR are better in every way.[/QUOTE]

from what I understand, they don't need to go unique barcode. Because they'll require the SWYR card to get and use the coupons, they can easily see who got 2 coupons but used it 10 times...

[quote name='confoosious']from what I understand, they don't need to go unique barcode. Because they'll require the SWYR card to get and use the coupons, they can easily see who got 2 coupons but used it 10 times...[/QUOTE]

If that's the case and the barcode itself doesn't contain anything to bind it to a specific account, dupers could open multiple accounts to make use of a photocopied coupon, couldn't they? There would have to be some element that checks if the account number is compatible. Even if it only checks against one digit of the account number, that would be enough to restrict the coupons to be used with one in ten accounts.

I'm guessing, if going with this method, that the barcodes will have three or more digits tailored to making sure the account is (probably) the one that earned the coupon. If not that, it could be a format where the coupon really only exists within the system and it checks to see whether your account is flagged as having access to it. The piece of paper serves as nothing more than a request to the system to use it if it's there and then flag it as having been applied. This would be a more elegant solution, but I could see it failing without any indication as to why. It could also cause problems when earning a reward more than once if they aren't keyed independently. Best of all would be if you could view the coupons you've earned when accessing your account.

I acknowledge that the latter system may be what you meant all along, though it would ideally prevent the multiple use of coupons rather than just making the perpetrators easier to spot.

[quote name='FINALBOSS'] SYWR are better in every way.[/QUOTE]

Or would be if they actually worked. For me, the bonus points dont show. I'm opted in (checked via website *and* phone), but have never received emails. If not for Josh, I'd pass on all Kmart deals til the coupons come back (may do that anyway).

BTW: When I talked to the SYWR rep on the phone, she said that the bonus points could take up to 30 days to post. This is in contrast to the SYWR website that says it should only take 7 days to post. Too bad Kmart cant get all there departments to communicate/function with one another. Any extra competition in the market is only a good thing IMHO.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, SYWR points would be great as well but since Josh does not have the flexibility and budget to give us the usual 20k points for every new release game, we're going to bitch and moan on how low we're getting back. People here want $20 and $25 in coupons or points. Not $10 or $15. (which is the usual for handheld games and accessories) And yes, he does make it up by throwing down an additional deal if he decides on the points route but he can't do that every week.

From what I can speculate, SYWR will only happen if a certain game has a very strict MAP. Take CoD Black Ops for example. Can't do coupons so he gave us 25k SYWR points instead plus $25 off another game. It can happen again on some anticipated release from Activision. I say that because they were the only publisher that doesn't like to put their on games on sale. I was hoping DJ Hero 2 would had a coupon attached but it did not. Guitar Hero: WoR did however but Activision knew that game was going to fail to sell well.

[quote name='Josh5890']I have a great idea for the Tiger Woods 2012 deal= Offer a free round of golf with purchase to any course in America. I'm in![/QUOTE]

I'd buy 100 copies.

After about 5 weeks, finally got my SYWR card today in the mail :D just in time to spend my $25 in points from MvC3 on DA2 and a PSN card ;)

Ok Im new to the Kmart thing but I have a sywr card and opted in for the emails as (shc) josh recommended. So, I should be good to go, my question is how does the $30 off the $50 cards work. When I purchase DA2 in stores on the 8th do I just purchase the card at the same time and I am discounted at the register or what?
I see that josh is out this week or I could have asked him, but you guys have more time on your hands anyways lol.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back