Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']
could of got the white system and got the black game free and the other way aroound and saved 57 bucks[/QUOTE]

that's what he did.

bundlle = 179+ tax = 196. + black for free.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']haha and hopefully the whole 3DS damaging young kid's eyes will work in my favor when i put these up for auction[/QUOTE]

we don't care.

CAG really needs to create a flipping forum and move all that shit over there.

[quote name='RySenkari']Deal rang up automatically. I was a bit worried when the clerks knew nothing about the deal (they knew about the console deal though) but it rang up just fine. Service was great otherwise, the guy there knew his stuff (except for the B1G1HO and went right to the back to bring out the games. They had several boxes apparently, everyone who wants one today is getting one I'm sure.

Awesome job again, about to start on Black! (I'll crack open White once I get my 3DS and can start trading between the two)[/QUOTE]
:wall:

I'm curious, why did you feel the need to ask them about the B1G1 50% off sale? Read the Customer FAQ I wrote. It really does a great job of answering this question (the answer is a quote of what Josh has said, actually):

Q: I asked an employee at the store about the deal. They said that the deal wasn’t going on because it wasn’t in the weekly ad (or some other excuse). Is that true?
A: If it is advertised on the KmartGamer.com blog, the deal is active at your local Kmart store. The Kmartgamer.com blog is featured in the circular as the heading of the entertainment section for customers and store associates to reference. If for some reason a deal does not ring up correctly for you please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will investigate and correct the issue for you as quickly as possible.

[quote name='confoosious']They received their shipment on a Sunday morning at 9:30? I thought Nintendo sent stuff out fedex/ups?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think you and I all know that's a load of crap ;).

I would say I had a successful trip to Kmart, but I learned today a very bad thing: I can sleep through the loudest default alarm on my new phone, and I can do it pretty easily. So I haven't actually been to Kmart yet, although I will be going today.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']haha and hopefully the whole 3DS damaging young kid's eyes will work in my favor when i put these up for auction[/QUOTE]
You do know that's complete bull right? Multiple experts have said that the 3D won't damage a kid's eyes if they use the system responsibly (play for an hour or so max, not go on a 12 hour gaming spree). Nintendo just puts the warnings on their systems to cover their ass from lawsuits.

[quote name='vader62']I just got back from my "local" Kmart (Store #7275 Belvidere,IL). I say "local" because I have to drive about 25 miles each way to get to one. I normally don't care about this, but today I do. I was there right at opening. Normally, I wouldn't bother being there right at opening, but I am busy the rest of the day. I went to the electronics department and no Pokemon. I waited about 5 minutes for an employee (not bad). I found him stocking the Pokemon games. Perfect. I told him I needed 2 of each color. So far so good. Then we go to check out. No deal rings up. I ask about the deal. He tells me it must be online only since it isn't printed in the ad. I try to convince him, but I realize there is no discussing it with this guy. I am getting really upset since this is the third strike for Kmart and these deals. (Usually Josh straightens it out, but I am sick of having to go to Josh when the local store should take care of this.) I leave the store before I say something I'll regret. I figured everybody is having this issue. Then I get home and see all sorts of people getting the deal no problem. Now I am really upset. I wasted an hour and a half of my day and I don't even have the games for my kids.

Josh, you have done a great job here. There is no issue with what you and your team are doing. It is a shame that the employees at local stores don't follow your blog or are at least required to read it each week before they work in the electronics department.

I'll give Kmart one more shot. I will try again tomorrow or maybe I can get my wife to try later tonight, because maybe the computer wasn't updated. I don't know. I really don't want to miss this deal. It really helps me keep my video game budget in check. Hopefully this gets fixed and I can come back and tell everybody that this worked out.

Sorry this is so long. Hope everybody else has a better time than I did.[/QUOTE]

Are you a SYWR member? I thought it was for SYWR members only. I'm probably wrong.

Toys R Us is running the same B1G1 50% off. If you're so disgruntled about K-Mart, pick it up there.

Finally got back on board as far as taking advantage of Kmart's deals with Pokemon today, its been a while. For the first time I ran into a very minor problem, the guy working electronics thought they came out on Tuesday so he hadn't put them in the case yet, but I pointed out the date in the ad to him and he got them out of the back and sold them to me, no problem. Discount worked just fine. I'm a satisfied customer once again, can't wait to hear about more deals, probably looking for deals on 3DS games next!

[quote name='Scorch']Are you a SYWR member? I thought it was for SYWR members only. I'm probably wrong.

Toys R Us is running the same B1G1 50% off. If you're so disgruntled about K-Mart, pick it up there.[/QUOTE]
I believe you're correct on both accounts. The deal likely is for SYWR members only.

It would make sense at least. Then again, I can't imagine why anyone who is trying to get the deals at Kmart wouldn't be a SYWR member. I haven't even spent that much at Kmart and I have redeemed like $30 in points already and in an hour or two I'll redeem another $16.

Just got back from store 4016(Greenville SC). Had a minor issue as no pokemon were out. Talked to an employee who was very helpful. She checked several places then came from the back with the boxes. Had several of the bundles and loads of games. She rang up my sale and was confused by the BOGO. But after a minute or so I had all 3 copies and after rewards only paid 18 bucks. Thanks Josh. On a side note they had DA2 and both new baseball games out for sale which I thought was funny and commented to the lady about it. She looked at the sales paper, went and scanned them, then pulled them from the shelf.

i went to two Kmart's today...both completely out of my way and neither one had them games or bundles. The Kmarts in Georgia are terrible an i am never shopping at them again, no matter how good the deals are.

I had no issues getting my 2 copies of Pokemon in Tampa while on vacation. I didn't even have to pull out the ad since it was already in their system.

For those who have signed up for the SYWR program: I see that i have to give my mailing address when signing up. Is that just for them to mail the card to me or are you now receiving tons of junk mail in your mailbox? I detest junk mail...

[quote name='ShreeAspenwood']She rang up my sale and was confused by the BOGO. But after a minute or so I had all 3 copies[/QUOTE]

now I'm the one that's confused.

my kmart only had 2 pokemon black bundles and 1 white. so I did the only reasonable thing I could think of layaway. lol. plus damn Kmart teased me with 7 copies of DA2 for 360 and 5 copies of it for ps3. but no 4000 point cards and the employees there said there not sure when there getting them they said possibly thurs or fri. which sucks because i dont want to wait to buy the points

[quote name='OnettHero']No, the Two worlds sign must be new. Like I said I bought my copy 6 days ago, and there was no sign then.
Weak.[/QUOTE]

things drop in price. it happens.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']my kmart only had 2 pokemon black bundles and 1 white. so I did the only reasonable thing I could think of layaway. lol. plus damn Kmart teased me with 7 copies of DA2 for 360 and 5 copies of it for ps3. but no 4000 point cards and the employees there said there not sure when there getting them they said possibly thurs or fri. which sucks because i dont want to wait to buy the points[/QUOTE]

They already had Dragon Age 2 out? Wow. Someone's gonna get fired.

If you buy the DSi now, you get any Pokemon game free. Buy.

I'm interested in getting in on the Pokemon special for my nephew; however, when I go to the mykmartgamer link the deal information is not there just the header Pokemon Forever. Can someone help me out?

i got that covered scorch, pokemon white is with my pokemon black bundle on layaway. i just didnt have the funds atm to get it today.

[quote name='Clown069']i went to two Kmart's today...both completely out of my way and neither one had them games or bundles. The Kmarts in Georgia are terrible an i am never shopping at them again, no matter how good the deals are.[/QUOTE]

Not to generalize, but I had a similar issue in store #7637 in Athens, GA. Was in at 8:45am, no games or signs out. I asked the employee about them, she wasn't sure, but called the manager. He informed her that 'new games come out on Tuesdays' (I forgot about it being on the ad or I would have grabbed one), but she asked him to bring out her stock from the backroom, so I decided to wait. At 9:07 I was still waiting, I politely asked how long she thought it would be before he brought everything out to her. She said she would give him 5 more minutes, then call him back. When she called back, he didn't answer, so she thought he might be on the way. After 5 more minutes of waiting I let her know I was going to try TRU, but I would stop back in if I didn't get it there, and thanked her for her help.

I did get both copies at TRU when they opened, so I didn't stop back to see if they had fixed the issue today. The associate did her best to help given the circumstances, but I have some adjectives to describe the impression the 'manager' left on me, even though I didn't see him/her at all during my visit. :nottalking:

[quote name='Midnight Express']I'm interested in getting in on the Pokemon special for my nephew; however, when I go to the mykmartgamer link the deal information is not there just the header Pokemon Forever. Can someone help me out?[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem when I try to open it in IE, but I was able to pull it up in Firefox.

The thing about Kmart employees at my store and other Kmart stores I've been to around me is that the employees don't care because they are underpaid, not worked enough, and have crappy management. The people I've seen in the 3 stores around me in the electronics department are older women who know nothing about electronics and if you ask them to find a game for you 85% of the time they will tell you they don't have it without looking or will go to the back and act like they looked and will tell you no. If its not easy for them to find then they won't bother helping ya. I've been trying to get in the electronics department since I first got hired in and since then only people who've been in there a long time get to that department. I understand seniority is first but what about logic? Why put someone in the department if they don't know anything about it or could do good in it besides stocking shelves compared to someone who knows a lot about it and has actual experience already? I remember this one time I went there when they opened to get the Metal Gear Solid CE PSP and the lady tells me she doesn't have it in her boxes on her but she'll go look in the back. She comes back 2 mins later and tells me they don't have it. I come back later that day when another co worker is there and they of course had it. Another time I asked this lady if she thinks they will be getting a copy of Mario All Stars Wii (the day before it released) and without looking she tells me they don't have it. Next day they had 10 copies. Last time I went in there for the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 game for the $25 points and photo and the employee didn't know it was a special points deal and wasn't going to give me the photo until I showed him where they were (right below him in the open). I remember the employees in the department asking me for help on an electronic they were trying to sell to a customer when I was putting items away in toys. Its kind of funny management doesn't catch on this stuff even when I go to them about it and ask to be put there. About to go pick up both Pokemon games before work so lets hope all goes well lol.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']i got that covered scorch, pokemon white is with my pokemon black bundle on layaway. i just didnt have the funds atm to get it today.[/QUOTE]

But you realize that the deal is only valid until Saturday at close, right? Putting it on layaway doesn't extend the deal or anything. If you don't buy it by Saturday night at close, Pokemon White won't be free.

[quote name='AMadcap']Not to generalize, but I had a similar issue in store #7637 in Athens, GA. Was in at 8:45am, no games or signs out. I asked the employee about them, she wasn't sure, but called the manager. He informed her that 'new games come out on Tuesdays' (I forgot about it being on the ad or I would have grabbed one), but she asked him to bring out her stock from the backroom, so I decided to wait. At 9:07 I was still waiting, I politely asked how long she thought it would be before he brought everything out to her. She said she would give him 5 more minutes, then call him back. When she called back, he didn't answer, so she thought he might be on the way. After 5 more minutes of waiting I let her know I was going to try TRU, but I would stop back in if I didn't get it there, and thanked her for her help.

I did get both copies at TRU when they opened, so I didn't stop back to see if they had fixed the issue today. The associate did her best to help given the circumstances, but I have some adjectives to describe the impression the 'manager' left on me, even though I didn't see him/her at all during my visit. :nottalking:

I have the same problem when I try to open it in IE, but I was able to pull it up in Firefox.[/QUOTE]

I went to the Jonesboro store and the one off of Cleveland Avenue. Jonesboro actually went back and made sure, but Cleveland Ave. wouldn't even bother.

[quote name='AMadcap'] I have the same problem when I try to open it in IE, but I was able to pull it up in Firefox.[/QUOTE]

Firefox worked like a charm, thanks for the help.

thats where your mistaken scorch there is no deal for the bundle the only deal is bogo 1/2 off. i was told this by both the electronics workers. im just payin for the bundle and getting white for free. I dont think kmart would lie to me.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']thats where your mistaken scorch there is no deal for the bundle the only deal is bogo 1/2 off. i was told this by both the electronics workers. im just payin for the bundle and getting white for free. I dont think kmart would lie to me.[/QUOTE]

Wrong, when you buy a bundle, you get your choice of any of the pokemon games for free, its in the AD.

Tried buying the 2 pokemons at clifton kmart but b1g1 half off didn't come up. Tried to explain the offer was on their website but they were not having it. Every other deal has rang up but not today what gives!!!

I just got back from my kmart and there were no pokemon games to be found in the electronics or the back rooms. I really wish I wasn't tethered to kmart with the $25 worth of points. Once I spend these points I too am done with kmart.

[quote name='Midnight Express']Firefox worked like a charm, thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

No prob!

[quote name='Clown069']I went to the Jonesboro store and the one off of Cleveland Avenue. Jonesboro actually went back and made sure, but Cleveland Ave. wouldn't even bother.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I havn't seen any other stores in the area for a while, but there's definitely some store standards issues at the one here. Just don't want to bash it too heavily without seeing the state of the other ones. ;)

Just got back from 2 Kmarts, I wasn't aware I needed my card to use my rewards but I picked up Ghost Trick for $20. I then went to the other one that is closer to my house and picked up both Pokemon games (no problem at all) and Buzz Quiz TV for $30.

I just picked up Yakuza 3 (PS3) for $15 at my local Kmart. I'm not entirely sure why this title is absent from the clearance list, but it's not a bad deal for those who aren't planning to get Yakuza 4; I'm even debating about starting my own topic for this.

I ran home as fast as I could just to tell you all about this.

I went to the Kmart closest to my house. They had plenty of copies of both Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. They rang up at $69.99 together. I informed the clerk about the deal and the gaming blog. She had someone check it out. I waited for about 10 minutes and they told me they would not honor the deal of buy 1 get 1 50% off because it wasn't listed in this weeks AD. I ended up going to Toy's R Us and getting the same deal with no hassles at all. Here is the information on the Kmart I went to

Kmart
12350 Ne Sandy BLVD
Portland, OR 97230

My Kmart has stickers on the case that reflected each of the deals from the blog...

I imagine all stores have the same sticker...just employees havent put them out.

Thanks for all the suggestions guy and gals. TRU is farther away than Kmart. I updated my original post with the same information as follows.

I drove by another Kmart in my travels to see family today so I decided to stop. So glad that I did.

Will at Store #3515 in Oak Lawn, IL is the man. He actually had stickers about the sale posted on the glass cases in the electronics section. He helped me get the games and then figured out the issue. It wasn't the SYWR issue others have mentioned. I am a SYWR member and had my number with me both times. The issue was trying to buy two of each. When Will rang them up he actually took the time to figure out what was going on and noticed the discount not apply to the second set when puchasing on the same transaction. This is probably my bad. I should've split the transactions originally or figured out the issue based on the total, but it was early, I wasn't thinking clearly enough and I probably wasn't in a very good mood. Anyway, once he split the transactions, everything worked fine. Thanks again for the great service Will! And as always, thanks to Josh and his team for getting these deals out there for us.

These deals are NOT in the ad. All that is there is a general "out sunday" notice.

In other news I got 2 copies of each at the zephyrhills Fl Kmart. Total was just under $100 after my sywr points. Awesome. They had about 7 more copies of black and 5 or so of white.

I did have some trouble with the promo ringing right when everything was rung up at once though. The total then was over $140 after tax... Which definitely wasn't right. All worked out though. :D

My transaction went smoothly at the Pontiac, IL store.

They actually had the games in the glass! *shocked*

Left with Black and White for $28.XX after promotion and using my SYWR points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove all the way to kmart in hollywood, and I came in disappointed that they said shipment didn't arrive yet. Bought them at toys r us instead. I wish kmart had them :/

For those who didn't get the deal to ring up correctly, did anyone have this occur when their SYWR card was scanned? Reading people's experiences, someone mentioned not having one, so unless someone had a contradictory experience, it's a possible cause.

Alternately (and failing the card theory), I'm curious whether scanning the games in the opposite order makes a difference. The promotion as posted specifies that White is reduced. Could scanning White first and then Black be failing to trigger the discount? Just throwing ideas out there.

Edit: My receipt indicates that White was scanned before Black, so that's probably not it.

I'm in the group of folks where the K-Mart I went to didn't have it in the glass case, and the lady working in the area obviously didn't care. She claimed she never received the shipment, and that she had already checked her shipments earlier today. She didn't even offer to double check, or anything else, after I asked her if she was sure and informed her that the game released today. I simply informed her that they lost a sale, and left. Unfortunately TRU had already sold out, or I would've taken advantage of the same deal over there.

Oh well, it wasn't a total wash. I learned that the K-Mart nearby was as I thought it might be; a dump of a store not worth going to, and now I know where the TRU is as well since I had never been to that location before. Too bad for K-Mart/Sears that they have stores that make the overall brand look bad.

I am really confused about something now. I contact Josh last night via XBL about DAOUE being 50% off and he said the game should be $50 in the store, so $25 with 1/2 off. I just went online and looked at the weekly ad and it is saying the game is normally $60 with 1/2 off.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am really confused about something now. I contact Josh last night via XBL about DAOUE being 50% off and he said the game should be $50 in the store, so $25 with 1/2 off. I just went online and looked at the weekly ad and it is saying the game is normally $60 with 1/2 off.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is?[/QUOTE]

My store has tags up that say 24.99 for both versions. 49.99 regular price.

[quote name='Ace!']My store has tags up that say 24.99 for both versions. 49.99 regular price.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know the UPC for this game so I can have my stores price check/check stock? I don't want to run out and look for it and be let down.

Going to try to hold off on buying a baseball game this week! I barely played last years at all.. Dragon Age 2 deal should keep me busy!

Watched the new Homefront video on XBL and the game is looking good and a nice change of pace from CoD. Saw the gun codes on GS.com and thought well that's a toss up between $10 off of Amazon... Kmart buried them cockroaches! $10 credit AND free $20 XBL card I love you stronghard Josh! :)

EDIT: Watch it blow ass so hard... I think i'll wait a couple days and see how Homefront is received to be safe.

Do Kmart stores have the ability to check available inventory at other nearby stores? If so, can they do it with just the game's title, or would I need to give an employee a UPC or Kmart-specific SKU?

[quote name='airjumpman']Do Kmart stores have the ability to check available inventory at other nearby stores? If so, can they do it with just the game's title, or would I need to give an employee a UPC or Kmart-specific SKU?[/QUOTE]

You need to give them a upc code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back