Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why Dragon Age is $25 at kmart. This is the first I've heard of it.

God, this better not be a case of someone reporting a picking price post coupon.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Can someone refer me to where exactly it shows DAUE for $25? I'm trying to pick up one for the PS3, but occasionally I run into some resistance from some of those sales reps.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
It's in the weekly ad actually.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Click the link on the Amazon listing for reporting a better price and hopefully they'll match.[/QUOTE]
I tried that already, of course.;) If worse comes to worse I'll just trade in 2 of my games to BB for $20 in credit and use my remaining $8 in cred there to cover the price and hope they price match it easily with the ad in hand.:D

[quote name='GamesAreCool']The K-mart (store number 3423) didn't ring up the Pokemon Black and Pokemon White deal. I told her about the K-mart blog and she told me if it's not in the ad then she can not honor it. She said it was showing a buy one get one, but it wasn't going through. I wish Circuit City was still open because the customer service was horrible, I waited around for 30 minutes until an associate showed up. I pushed the call service button three times and no one showed up. If you can fix the buy one get one deal, I would appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
Always feel free to shoot me an email whenever you experience an issue like this and I will help out as quickly as possible and I apologize for any ignorance at store level.

The BOGO is definitely working, yesterday sales and the ASP reflect the promotion.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wish these sales were posted online on the Kmart website as well.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Josh mentioned that around summer they should be doing this!

I see a couple issues with the game list. Playstation move heroes comes out 3-22 and the list has it at 3-15. Also Child of Eden is delayed until 6-14. Just dont want anyone to be confused :)

Hmm, the orange box for ps3 at $14.99, wish my kmart had that but I've never seen that game in stock there. I have the 360 version but for some reason would like the ps3 version as well. Can anyone speak on comparisons?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Always feel free to shoot me an email whenever you experience an issue like this and I will help out as quickly as possible and I apologize for any ignorance at store level.

The BOGO is definitely working, yesterday sales and the ASP reflect the promotion.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks Josh !

[quote name='ps2emotions']Hmm, the orange box for ps3 at $14.99, wish my kmart had that but I've never seen that game in stock there. I have the 360 version but for some reason would like the ps3 version as well. Can anyone speak on comparisons?[/QUOTE]

PS3 port is terrible, save your money.

Hey Josh, you said that the stores had to remove the clearance titles from the case and send proof that they had a clearance setup made right?

If so, you need to get on the asses of whoever at the Zephyrhills, FL Kmart sent proof that they had. The place was fricking insane yesterday or else I would have looked further, but at least one DS game on the clearance list wasn't pulled from the case. It was pretty obvious too considering it was right next to B&W and had a clearance sticker on the game.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Hmm, the orange box for ps3 at $14.99, wish my kmart had that but I've never seen that game in stock there. I have the 360 version but for some reason would like the ps3 version as well. Can anyone speak on comparisons?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard it was pretty awful. A definite "do not buy" if you already have the 360 version.

[quote name='Clown069']I went to the Jonesboro store and the one off of Cleveland Avenue. Jonesboro actually went back and made sure, but Cleveland Ave. wouldn't even bother.[/QUOTE]

I've only used KMART for the move deals last Sept. and the Cleveland store is just bad and don't have any clue about what is on sale and were very rude. The Jonesboro store seem more organized and knowledgable as well as polite. Big difference between the 2 stores. I know the Cleveland one isn't a circular store and in a worst area but come on why do you have to be that rude.

[quote name='Altanis']Hey Josh, you said that the stores had to remove the clearance titles from the case and send proof that they had a clearance setup made right?

If so, you need to get on the asses of whoever at the Zephyrhills, FL Kmart sent proof that they had. The place was fricking insane yesterday or else I would have looked further, but at least one DS game on the clearance list wasn't pulled from the case. It was pretty obvious too considering it was right next to B&W and had a clearance sticker on the game.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome. Like I said, had the place not been a fricking zoo where there was 1 lady dedicated to the electronics section, I probably would have been able to spend more time and get some more pictures (I have 2- 1 of B&W in the case because that scared the shit out of me, and 1 of the one clearance game still in the case).

I might head back later this week. Hopefully it won't be fricking insane then.

[quote name='Altanis']Hey Josh, you said that the stores had to remove the clearance titles from the case and send proof that they had a clearance setup made right?

If so, you need to get on the asses of whoever at the Zephyrhills, FL Kmart sent proof that they had. The place was fricking insane yesterday or else I would have looked further, but at least one DS game on the clearance list wasn't pulled from the case. It was pretty obvious too considering it was right next to B&W and had a clearance sticker on the game.[/QUOTE]
Well, at least your store processed the drops.
Oblivion GOTY is still ringing up normal price at my store.

The store is almost always on top of things like that. When I got to the electronics register to ask the overworked cashier to get something out of the case for me, I had a minute or two before she was free, and noticed some stuff that I knew that store had before the drop wasn't in their clearance bin. I don't think they sold it either.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Thats a sale, it clearly says Deal of the Day, the price hasn't tanked.[/QUOTE]
It's like how I think NFS:HP was like $35 on Black Friday at Amazon. I'm guessing that game was pure crap as well since the price tanked right?

[quote name='Altanis']It's like how I think NFS:HP was like $35 on Black Friday at Amazon. I'm guessing that game was pure crap as well since the price tanked right?[/QUOTE]
EA has been getting really aggressive with their retail support over the past year. I don't think I had NFS HP in ad without it being $20 off and the title was selling great.

I know the PS3 version of Bulletstorm struggled but I think the beta for Gears really helped drive the 360 because it definitely sold more than the usual ratio of 360 to PS3.

[quote name='Altanis']It's like how I think NFS:HP was like $35 on Black Friday at Amazon. I'm guessing that game was pure crap as well since the price tanked right?[/QUOTE]

Like nagasaki, game was obviously, terrible.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']EA has been getting really aggressive with their retail support over the past year. I don't think I had NFS HP in ad without it being $20 off and the title was selling great.

I know the PS3 version of Bulletstorm struggled but I think the beta for Gears really helped drive the 360 because it definitely sold more than the usual ratio of 360 to PS3.[/QUOTE]

Josh - can you explain to these people that a temporary price drop at one retailer is not an MSRP drop.

Cod Black Ops was $35 at Kmart on day one. That game tanked right out of the gate.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']EA has been getting really aggressive with their retail support over the past year. I don't think I had NFS HP in ad without it being $20 off and the title was selling great.

I know the PS3 version of Bulletstorm struggled but I think the beta for Gears really helped drive the 360 because it definitely sold more than the usual ratio of 360 to PS3.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention it came out on the same day as a big PS3 exclusive in Killzone 3.

Got Black & White yesterday without a hitch. Well kind of. My cashier wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He was doing his math wrong on the deal, all the while I was telling him it was correct. He still called his supervisor anyways and then was like oh... my math was wrong. :rofl:

Nice guy though and no issues. Just his math. ;)

Thanks Josh! Definitely going to be in on the Yakuza 4 deal too. :D

I have Bulletstorm and no I dont think it Sucks. Its actually a rather good game. Its nice to see something different. Cliffy B is a great designer and I cant wait for Gears 3 myself.

Hey Josh, did you get my email about the Black Ops GC that you were gonna have sent to me but still hasn't shown up a month later?

[quote name='confoosious']Josh - can you explain to these people that a temporary price drop at one retailer is not an MSRP drop.

Cod Black Ops was $35 at Kmart on day one. That game tanked right out of the gate.[/QUOTE]

Hold up..

Here is your first lesson:

Retail - (Gift Card, Points, RZ certs) does NOT = Base Price.

You do understand that right? I don't care how you recycle whatever you have in credit you can NOT fairly say that a store has a game at a reduced price because they are selling it at retail with an incentive in xyz form.

Therefore Kmart did NOT have Black Ops at $35 during release week.

Make sense?

Next,

You make it sound like Amazon is the only retailer that will have that game at an extreme ~ 33% discount in the upcoming weeks. The game won't sell without the Beta at $60. It will slowly creep down to $39.99 which will be the new MSRP sooner rather then later much like MoH.

I understand that their are several of you who are really trying to defend this title, and I understand that it is a nice break from the COD clones but the price will (I unfairly used "has") tank in the upcoming weeks.

Yep, I shouldve put "(effectively) $35" to make it more clear. That's my bad but I'm sure I'll get some "it's not "Effectively" if you use a cash accounting system instead of a accrual based accouting!!"

However, my point is just because a publisher promotes a temporary price cut (whether in the form of a coupon or a daily deal), it doesn't mean the game has tanked or that the price is a permanent price drop. When Amazon puts $39.99 in the first line of the price, then it's a price drop.

Every game drops in price eventually. I'm not sure what you're trying to say that we all don't already know.

[quote name='wantedman728']Hey Josh, Its been a lil bit over a week and you havent responded to my emails still trying to get my MvC3 points!![/QUOTE]
I've responded to every email that was in my inbox through Friday evening. My apologies for but some reason it does not appear that I have your note in my files. If you could please resend I would be more than happy to help.

[quote name='dabamus']Hey Josh, did you get my email about the Black Ops GC that you were gonna have sent to me but still hasn't shown up a month later?[/QUOTE]
Hi! Depends on when you sent it. If it was post Friday evening I have not been able to respond to those emails. If you have not received a note and you sent before then, I apologize for the inconvenience but please resend the email and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

[quote name='confoosious']Yep, I shouldve put "(effectively) $35" to make it more clear. That's my bad but I'm sure I'll get some "it's not "Effectively" if you use a cash accounting system instead of a accrual based accouting!!"

However, my point is just because a publisher promotes a temporary price cut (whether in the form of a coupon or a daily deal), it doesn't mean the game has tanked or that the price is a permanent price drop. When Amazon puts $39.99 in the first line of the price, then it's a price drop.

Every game drops in price eventually. I'm not sure what you're trying to say that we all don't already know.[/QUOTE]
Publishers all have different views on the budget they provide for back end rebates to retailers to execute temporary price discounts. EA sees the lift of sell through during a specified time frame as a valuable investment where certain other publishers prefer to a more static model. A title that is selling well can benefit even more by a "sale" than even a poor selling one to be quite honest.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Will K-Mart have any copes of DA II : Signature?[/QUOTE]

Signature was only available to retailers offering pre-orders, so for the ten thousandth time in this thread:

no.

Hey SHC-Gamer: I just wanted to make sure fresh copies of Yakuza 3 would be making it to stores for next week's Yakuza 4 promo? I've checked a couple of stores but haven't seen a copy. I was assuming they'd hit stores next week but wanted to double check with you after doing a quick search of your posts.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Publishers all have different views on the budget they provide for back end rebates to retailers to execute temporary price discounts. EA sees the lift of sell through during a specified time frame as a valuable investment where certain other publishers prefer to a more static model. A title that is selling well can benefit even more by a "sale" than even a poor selling one to be quite honest.[/QUOTE]

So like how new albums are dirt cheap to get the lift and prestige of a top ten single/album? Meanwhile, I gotta pay $20 for old rush vinyl? :)

(yes kids, people still buy music)

BTw, since kmart doesn't do preorders, maybe you can answer this without giving away any secrets: what's the industry take rate on preorders? So how many people actually bother canceling their preorders? ballpark.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Will K-Mart have any copes of DA II : Signature?[/QUOTE]

This has been answered many, many, many, many times. Signature edition was a pre-order only thing. K-Mart will not be carrying it.

I finished bulletstorm last night and found it to be an excellent game.

[quote name='jer7583']I finished bulletstorm last night and found it to be an excellent game.[/QUOTE]

Why so long? It is a very very short campaign.... and you have stated since launch how you couldn't put it down and played for hours straights

[quote name='Vader582']Hey SHC-Gamer: I just wanted to make sure fresh copies of Yakuza 3 would be making it to stores for next week's Yakuza 4 promo? I've checked a couple of stores but haven't seen a copy. I was assuming they'd hit stores next week but wanted to double check with you after doing a quick search of your posts.[/QUOTE]

Kmart has re-orded extra inventory to cover both the psn/xbl point card sales and the yakuza giveaway. Numbers have not been stated AFAIK but yakuza isn't a super popular game so I doubt you'll have trouble.

My god. Signature was only available if you pre-ordered before some-time in January. Come on people...get with it.

[quote name='GBAstar']Why so long? It is a very very short campaign.... and you have stated since launch how you couldn't put it down and played for hours straights[/QUOTE]

There's lots of reasons to replay, although I won't be doing it just because I'm a baseball junkie and tomorrow is like a holiday to me.

Bulletstorm was incredible though. If you crank the difficulty and try to get all the achievements on one playthrough it would definitely take a while.

What's wrong with GBAstar? I think he's mad.

MvC3 took priority. Been watching lots of Sons of Anarchy cause I started it a few weeks ago.

I like to take my time with my games and I believe that if a game is long or short doesn't matter because I don't feel like I need to go buy another game immediately after finishing one.

I'm an active duty soldier stationed in sierra vista, AZ. Yesterday I was at my local kmart and low and behold there were stickers placed on the game case advertising the Dragon Age 2 W/$30 off of the PSN Cards and MS Points effective 6 march to I believe 12 march. so I ask a rep for the game he gets it for me with the MS points card. I get to the register but it would not let the sale go thru due to it being before release date. But the sticker did state 6 march. so I didnt get to buy it, Which is understandable except I already had my hopes up. but the rep was cool enough to try and hold the game and card for me till I get out of work on Tuesday (hope its still there) Must admit if Kmart keeps up these great deals on games such as this one, amazon.com is not getting as much cash from me as they are used to.

The deal may have been printed for effective all week but that doesn't mean the release date is March 6.

Might just be standard wording for those weekly ad deals to say effecive Sunday-Saturday of that week.

At least you know they'll have them on Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back