Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just trying to clarify in case anyone else is confused.

Other retailers do it the same way. Dates offers are valid and release dates are not the same thing.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Will you please add to the Op K-mart wont have the signature edition, its being asked on every fucking page.[/QUOTE]
Since it doesn't matter beyond this week, I think it's more hassle now to add it and then remove it in a week than anything.

I'm going to be sending in some FAQ additions soon. I have been meaning to write them for over a week now, but just never did because something has taken precedent over it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I looked over the last few pages of the thread and I didn't see, will K-Mart have the signature edition of Dragon Age 2? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes, but only on March 6th. Make sure you also get the points cards.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I looked over the last few pages of the thread and I didn't see, will K-Mart have the signature edition of Dragon Age 2? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Trolling?

[quote name='Trance Addix']It's been answered numerous of times and Kmart won't have it.[/QUOTE]
Umm, gettinmoney662 is a regular poster. He was joking.

I know that's why I thought he was looking for a cheap laugh.

Secondly, with all of the "special" people posting every now and then, it's hard to discern sarcasm.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I know that's why I thought he was looking for a cheap laugh.

Secondly, with all of the "special" people posting every now and then, it's hard to discern sarcasm.[/QUOTE]
I've been caught off guard a few times.

:lol: Knowing you aren't serious actually makes this funny.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes, but only on March 6th. Make sure you also get the points cards.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='Max Spider X']So If I purchase DA2 using the previous $25 points that I got from MVC3, I will still get $10 back on this?[/QUOTE]
Why wouldn't you?

I joined SYWR today and saw in the OP that we should "always choose receipt, not email, for coupons". How do I know which way I'm getting the coupons and how do I choose?

[quote name='SKEETER']I joined SYWR today and saw in the OP that we should "always choose receipt, not email, for coupons". How do I know which way I'm getting the coupons and how do I choose?[/QUOTE]

The cashier should ask you. By default it's printed but I've had them do both.

If you get a paper receipt with your card when you checkout, you got a paper copy. If you don't, and only get a copy of your receipt in an email, you didn't get a paper copy.

I am yet to encounter a cashier who didn't pick "print & email" for my receipts, or at the very least "print"

yea im in the same boat as the other people from New Jersey .... not too sure if i wanna bite on dragon age if i dont know how josh will resolve the psn xbl card issue, hmmm

What do you mean, if you don't know how he will resolve the issue?

It's going to be resolved the same exact way he has fixed any other issue: a gift card mailed to you for the amount that you weren't able to save. In the case of the DA2 deal, it would be $20, I'm pretty sure.

hmmm what? the deal is 30 dollars off of a 50 dollars xbl or psn card ..... so considering its impossible for me to purchase the card to save the 30 dollars i dont understand how it will work

and theres no way i expect him to outright mail me a 30 dollar gift card for just purchasing dragon age with nothing else .. that makes 0 sense, considering DA2 already comes with a 10 dollar sywr as it is

[quote name='svt1029']and theres no way i expect him to outright mail me a 30 dollar gift card for just purchasing dragon age with nothing else .. that makes 0 sense, considering DA2 already comes with a 10 dollar sywr as it is[/QUOTE]
That's mere conjecture. He said that he'd help people out. That's what he'll do.

ok i understand that he said hed help people out but we didnt get word of how, the problem is, that the 30 dollar deal requires us actually spending the actual extra 20 towards the card, so an outright giftcard to new jersey kmart customers doesnt make sense without us spending the 20, see where im coming from, so i just want to see the alternative is all, I understand he said he would help us but I dont like the idea of buying into a deal without fully understanding with the exact deal is before i buy into it, am I wrong here?

[quote name='sadboy']That's mere conjecture. He said that he'd help people out. That's what he'll do.[/QUOTE]
It's amazing how hard to understand this can be. It seems pretty cut and dry to people, but I guess I can see how it would be confusing.

I would guess that it's just best to let Josh tell us how he's going to fix it. I think he's fighting for the points cards to come back to NJ since lots of Kmart competitors are still selling them.

It's possible that he could send someone a card and deduct 20,000 points from their SYWR account. Anyone taking part in the deal should have at least 10,000 from the game purchase. From what I've read here, negative values are possible. Of course, this is pure speculation.

Anybody having any luck finding the PS3 version of DAOUE? I checked at my local Kmart (maybe I didn't look hard enough) but I wasn't able to find a copy.

Oh man, I really hope that Dragon Age 2 deal is available tomorrow. (Or even one day late)

My last three visits to KMart have resulted in (one) the game not being made available until days have launch and (two and three) the cashier not being able to figure out how to ring me up with the promotion.

I'm passing up Gamestop's pre-order bonus for K-Mart's deal on the 4,000 MS point card.

In the past ive had two similar deals and he has mailed me a gift card for the amount I wouldve saved. Yes the dragon age deal is that good. The same with Crysis 2 and Homefront with the cards. I will be able to stock pile points this month which is very nice.

[quote name='svt1029']and theres no way i expect him to outright mail me a 30 dollar gift card for just purchasing dragon age with nothing else .. that makes 0 sense, considering DA2 already comes with a 10 dollar sywr as it is[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ucantcme69']In the past ive had two similar deals and he has mailed me a gift card for the amount I wouldve saved. Yes the dragon age deal is that good. The same with Crysis 2 and Homefront with the cards. I will be able to stock pile points this month which is very nice.[/QUOTE]

ok cool im glad to hear it from someone who had the experience with similar deals and not be attacked hah thank you for the info

[quote name='daphatty']Growing a little tired of the reported posts coming out of this thread. Start using the ignore feature or simply move on. This is a global warning to everyone here.[/QUOTE]

This... Just want to reiterate this. I get off an all-day plane trip and what do I see in my email: reported posts from the Kmart thread. It is getting really tiresome.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Who the hell is wasting their time reporting posts from this thread (and my guess is it's people reporting Altanis since he gets riled up the most here :))?[/QUOTE]

You couldn't be more wrong ;).

[quote name='IRSmurf']My last three visits to KMart have resulted in (one) the game not being made available until days have launch and (two and three) the cashier not being able to figure out how to ring me up with the promotion.[/QUOTE]
How did the cashier not know how to ring you up? It's pretty simple and straightforward.

It's not like they have to type anything in on these deals. 99% of the time it's literally "scan the items, touch the screen a few times when things pop up, and have the customer pay. The end."

I mean, for some deals it's a bit tricky, like I discovered with the B&W deal trying to buy 2 sets, but jeez...

How about just letting Josh respond to svt1029's issue instead of all these opinions stated as fact?

[quote name='io']
You couldn't be more wrong ;).[/QUOTE]

I knew it.

OT: Kmart has the new Memento blu-ray for $7.99. Buy it.

I wonder if it isn't me. I've been subdued lately. ;)

You know what'd be awesome? If people were reporting SHC's posts.

---

Memento is awesome. Does the blu ray have the movie backward? Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna pick it up next time I'm at Kmart.

[quote name='dino88']How about just letting Josh respond to svt1029's issue instead of all these opinions stated as fact?[/QUOTE]
Let me know where anyone stated a specific solution was what would actually happen.

It's obvious it's a gift card, as that's all he can do. The amount is about the only thing still TBA.

[quote name='confoosious']I wonder if it isn't me. I've been subdued lately. ;)

You know what'd be awesome? If people were reporting SHC's posts.

---

Memento is awesome. Does the blu ray have the movie backward? Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna pick it up next time I'm at Kmart.[/QUOTE]
LOL. Somehow, if that were the case, I think the moderators would bring it to our attention. "Why do people keep reporting SHC-Gamer in his own Kmart thread?" (pauses, then quickly shuts up to resume watching Chris Rock's stand-up on the tossing salad man)

[quote name='confoosious']Memento is awesome. Does the blu ray have the movie backward? Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna pick it up next time I'm at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't. I'm holding onto my dvd version for that reason. Plus, you get the trippy menu and the awesome case.

[quote name='io']You couldn't be more wrong ;).[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I couldn't be more wrong. I'm thinking there's only three options here:

Option 1: Who's the exact opposite of Altanis? That would be someone who's not about to have an aneurysm and is completely uninformed about the KMART deals.

Option 2: Me. They're reporting me. Well, I'd imagine I'd get a PM from a Mod if that were the case, so I think it's safe to say that it's not.

Option 3: Altanis is doing all the reporting. You know, this is actually believable, but I don't think he cares enough to hit the button, especially as much as I'd imagine he'd have to.

[quote name='EducAsian']So the deal for Dragon Age 2 tomorrow is $30 off a $50 PSN card and 10,000 SYWR? So Dragon Age 2 and the $50 PSN card should ring up $79.99 + Tax, correct?

Also, I have no idea what the SYWR points are...are they just reward points, sorta like Best Buy Reward Zone Points? Where do you sign up for it? Sometimes when I check out, the guy working at electronics will ask me if I have a reward card...could I sign up there? Or go to customer service?[/QUOTE]

You've got it mostly right. You have to be opted in to receive marketing e-mails to get the SYWR points though, and I don't believe you can do so at the register. I ran into trouble with this when buying MvC 3 recently and not qualifying for the bonus points because I didn't opt in on the SYWR website until after I got home.

Although, if you do have your receipt, Josh will fix it for you. It's more work for him that way, though, and he seems to have plenty on his plate as it is. Best route to go is to get signed up and opted in on the website before you purchase the game.

For stores that do not have the points (New Jersey locations) or stores that confirm that they do not have the points, shoot me a pic of your receipt and I'll handle via $20 gift card.

Hey, Josh. I'm wondering if it'll be possible to get a sort of Playstation Move deal/discount with the purchase of No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (to be released in May)? That is the only game that I'd buy a Move for, heck, the original Wii game is mostly why I bought a Wii.

A sort of bundle deal with it would be fantastic.

Here's one for the archives...

Check out this gem:

Does anybody really care about playing FPS games with motion controls?

Nobody cared on Wii and nobody will care on PS3. Killzone is a cool series but you're making a big deal out of just another shooter. Bulletstorm is going to be a much bigger release that same day, and not just cause it's multiplatform.

If you haven't seen the Front Page yet KZ3 has been declared (By CheapyD via CAG Amazon.com affiliate links) the best seller in February by a 2:1 margin.

[quote name='confoosious']

Memento is awesome. Does the blu ray have the movie backward? Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna pick it up next time I'm at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

If i remember right, there's a director's cut version that has the cover of the disc case looking like a patient file. That one has an easter egg inside the menu screen that allows you to watch the movie from the ending to the beginning in that order. And yes that movie does rock. Top 5 movie for me all time.

I hadn't realized it until somebody pointed it out to me but in the very middle (of the sequence of events), the movie fades from black and white to color :hot:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']For stores that do not have the points (New Jersey locations) or stores that confirm that they do not have the points, shoot me a pic of your receipt and I'll handle via $20 gift card.[/QUOTE]

Just to confirm but did you mean a $20 GC or a $30 GC?

Will the PS3 console + MLB 11 deal work online? My PS3 died this weekend and this seems like a good opportunity to replace it. However, I will not have a chance to go to a store this week.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Was wondering when the rest of March's offers will be up?[/QUOTE]
I was not at all wondering this same thing. I'm just posting to say how disinterested I am in the upcoming 3DS deal.

[quote name='GBAstar']Here's one for the archives...

Check out this gem:

If you haven't seen the Front Page yet KZ3 has been declared (By CheapyD via CAG Amazon.com affiliate links) the best seller in February by a 2:1 margin.[/QUOTE]

In other territories Bulletstorm is outselling Killzone 3 rather handily. That doesn't exactly quantify what retailers that includes, since the US doesn't do monthly NPD anymore its hard to get an accurate number on how many have been sold. I'm not trying to defend either title in anyway, but you're trying to pit a war amongst two games with incomplete information. Just because a group of retailers on amazon are seeing huge numbers either way, doesn't mean this is how the entire country is trending. At this point your crusade against Bulletstorm for whatever reason is rather silly.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm just posting to say how disinterested I am in the upcoming 3DS deal.[/QUOTE]
What is the deal? I searched through SHC's posts, but couldn't find it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']What is the deal? I searched through SHC's posts, but couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]

we dont know what it is yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back