Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dabamus']Sorry, I missed that post. My bad. I sent it sometime saturday.[/QUOTE]
Cool beans. I am sure I've got it then, I'll make sure to straighten this out for you.

[quote name='ray2dee']When can we expect to know about the 3DS deal???[/QUOTE]
Probably another week, shouldn't be too much longer.

[quote name='Vacabck']Experience at Store #7018 went perfectly, picked up MLB 2k11 and Dragon Age II w/4000 point card no problems. SYWR points are already on my card.

Here's my question, I just noticed the limit 2 on the SYWR, is that per store visit/purchase or is that over a certain time frame ie per month? I guess what I'm asking is if I will be eligible to get the SYWR if I go pick up Top Spin 4 next week as well.

Thanks again for the deals, makes it a bit easier to shop and at least give some local tax dollars as opposed to buying off of Amazon.[/QUOTE]
It is per offer, not for the month, sorry for the confusion.

i am super excited to hop on the Homefront deal Tuesday...the game looks awesome, but the free 1600 point card made this a for sure buy...Looks like i'm back on the K-Mart train again, although it sucks that my closest K-Mart is closing and now I have to go to the Peoria one (while it is not that far, about 20 minutes, it is a much more crowed store and is in a busy area)...

[quote name='ApolloSol']So I'm planning on getting Homefront through Kmart when the deal is set. Will the clerks/associates know about the deal already in advance or will I have to tell them about it/prove it? I've been in situations where nobody knew anything about these deals.

Also, are all release day copies of Crysis 2 gonna be the special edition?

Other than my points card taking forever to arrive, the SYWR program seems great as well as all these Kmart deals. Hope for K-mart's rise to glory once again.[/QUOTE]
Every store receives communication on the deals and we have seen a dedicated effort to improve execution/signage. Regardless, the deal is set up correctly and will ring up regardless of their knowledge. In the small chance that it does not work as planned feel free to purchase the game alone and contact me via email and I'll help out.

No 4000 points card at the K-Mart on Murray in Beaverton, OR. Checked the electronics section and the little gift card display at the front, no dice. Probably a good thing I suppose, I get to keep $80.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']No 4000 points card at the K-Mart on Murray in Beaverton, OR. Checked the electronics section and the little gift card display at the front, no dice. Probably a good thing I suppose, I get to keep $80.[/QUOTE]
Sux :( I would have been able to help out. 10k points + $20 gift card is still the best offer out there.

Thinking about creating a duplicate blog but on my own that is more searchable, categorized etc.

Any thoughts?

that might be a good idea, to start a separate blog than the K-Mart one...plus if you had something opinionated you wanted to say you would be able to freely say it on your personal blog instead of worrying what might happen if it was up on K-Mart's blog...

Phew! I just spent $145 at Kmart (DA2+ points card, LoS:LE, DA:UE). I need to cut back. There's still more games I want to play. :'(
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Thinking about creating a duplicate blog but on my own that is more searchable, categorized etc.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
Have Stockboy make it as a homage to you. SHC-Gamer: "Kneel..." :evil:

By all means if its a improvement then go for it. If you have to do it on your own and fund such a endeavour let me know if I can help. Id be willing to let you setup such a site on one of my servers as I work for a big hosting provider. Anything I can do to help im willing to do :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Thinking about creating a duplicate blog but on my own that is more searchable, categorized etc.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Well surprisingly things went pretty smooth. I didn't have to search long to find someone to help. The guy didn't seem pissed off to help me. We found everything we were looking for. And it all went as planned.

Got DA2 for the 360 and $50 PSN card and used $5 points I had. Then turned around and used the $10 from DA2 and bought DAU for 360 for $15.

I got that copy for a gift, but I might go back tomorrow and get me a 360 copy because the PC version I got from Amazon is disappointing. It is obvious that it has now been dumbed down from DA: Origins and is designed to be played with a gamepad. But I must say the graphics look great on the PC with the Directx 11 texture upgrade patch!

Picked up Pokemon Black & White today, and was able to get a return/rebuy on my Killzone 3 PS3 for the Show offer. The Fargo, ND store deserves a gold star, they're helpful and informed about the deals. And this is why they get almost all of my gaming dollars. Can't wait to go back for Yakuza next week!

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
I'd say go for it, so long as it doesn't become an unnecessary burden. We've previously established that you are, in fact, a Terminator. But I'd think even Terminators need a break now and again.

Now I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it would be nice to have a separate, improved blog. Provided it was more browsable, searchable, and categorized. The lack of a singular identity to the Kmartgamer blog, and the lack of some of the niceties other blogs have, does give a certain lethargy to visiting the Kmartgamer blog. (Plus, no RSS feed means it doesn't get checked on the go.) I'm sure this will be solved by the future site you've planned, but a stopgap in the meantime would be nice.

If you could make some improvements there, that'd be fantastic. Just don't kill yourself doing it.

[quote name='jaredstorm']When do the SYWR points usually go onto my account?

I've only done it initially when I got the $25 from Blops.[/QUOTE]
If it hasn't posted right away, there's probably a problem. Get on the horn to Josh.

One thing to try for people who have issues getting their points. Today a screen popped up asking if I wanted to give my email address to become a bonus member I believe. I gave the clerk my email and the deal worked fine. Why the register asked is odd because I have never had issues or opted in online. I just signed up in store and gave my email when I got the card.

So I guess have the clerk key in your email and hopefully it will work for you.

Thanks for the deals. I was able to pick up DA2, 50 point PSN card, DA:U for $98 out the door with no problems. Awsome deal :applause:

I purchased da2 and got the ps3 card. The cashier scanned the sywr but when the debit card transaction occured something happened he asked me to swipe again So I swiped and reentered the pin. The receipt printed out but it didn't show the balance or points.

I told him normally if it takes the card on the bottom of the receipt you should see a balance total at least. (I think)

We went to the customer service to try to do a return try to buy it again. it proved to be a complicated matter due to the psn deal. They were unable to do a return. SO the mgr said to call the # on the card which I did and followed the voice prompt.

The recording say it takes up to 30 days to post. I was gonna use it on two worlds 2.

Overall great deal. The guy was signing someone up to a sywr when I arrived. There eyeballs dropped when they seen the total of da2 and the 50 card.

The guy got on his smart phone and went to check out the cag kmart thread. LOL

My question is if there is a debit or credit error at the point of sale and they ask you to swipe or reenter the pin again do they have to rescan
the sywr card?

Has anyone ever had points posted via the help line when your card # is not on the reciept?" TIA

Hey Josh I know you have some emails to get through but I haven't received a reply to mine yet that I sent on Sunday and then again today....

[quote name='aznhero913']Remember to vote for Josh/Kmart for the CAG awards guys!![/QUOTE]

Done. Thanks for the reminder. I was wondering when the voting would go live.

Yes indeed - kmart all the way

and please if you vote for gamestop, just stop visiting CAG. Cheap Ass and Gamestop don't go together.

Why isn't the $14.99 price for Yakuza 3 in the OP?
I'd think that would be a pretty prominent price drop for this game...

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yakuza Promo - so a lot of people are expressing concern to Josh and I about Yakuza 3 availability and I just wanted to assure everyone that it will be in stores later this week as it is shipping in with Yakuza 4. Kmart was not already carrying Yakuza 3 widespread before this launch promotion was going to start.

So all stores are supposed to have it by Friday this week.[/QUOTE]

Are the new shipments going to be shrink wrapped with Yakuza 4, reserved for those buying Yakuza 4, or will customers still be able to purchase Yakuza 3 for $14.99 by itself?

Or is this why Yakuza 3 is now $14.99 so that if the store is out of stock the compensation difference for it not being in stock is not that much?

[quote name='gepet0']I purchased da2 and got the ps3 card. The cashier scanned the sywr but when the debit card transaction occured something happened he asked me to swipe again So I swiped and reentered the pin. The receipt printed out but it didn't show the balance or points.

I told him normally if it takes the card on the bottom of the receipt you should see a balance total at least. (I think)

We went to the customer service to try to do a return try to buy it again. it proved to be a complicated matter due to the psn deal. They were unable to do a return. SO the mgr said to call the # on the card which I did and followed the voice prompt.

The recording say it takes up to 30 days to post. I was gonna use it on two worlds 2.

Overall great deal. The guy was signing someone up to a sywr when I arrived. There eyeballs dropped when they seen the total of da2 and the 50 card.

The guy got on his smart phone and went to check out the cag kmart thread. LOL

My question is if there is a debit or credit error at the point of sale and they ask you to swipe or reenter the pin again do they have to rescan
the sywr card?

Has anyone ever had points posted via the help line when your card # is not on the reciept?" TIA[/QUOTE]

I always run my debit card as credit (for rewards purposes) and I know the card reader always asks for my zip code and I once entered the zip twice thinking it was still asking for it. We had to cancel out (not void the transaction or anything), and have me slide my card again. The SYWR card was never scanned again and my points were added just fine. So that shouldn't have been the problem for you.

[quote name='cag1000']Hey Josh I know you have some emails to get through but I haven't received a reply to mine yet that I sent on Sunday and then again today....[/QUOTE]

Josh already said like 10 posts before yours that he has not gotten to anything sent after Friday yet but that he will be online late tonight to catch up with all emails. Patience...virtue.

[quote name='ssr']I always run my debit card as credit (for rewards purposes) and I know the card reader always asks for my zip code and I once entered the zip twice thinking it was still asking for it. We had to cancel out (not void the transaction or anything), and have me slide my card again. The SYWR card was never scanned again and my points were added just fine. So that shouldn't have been the problem for you.[/QUOTE]
Actually, since the deals require a SYWR card, that would be the problem.

[quote name='chbong']Which award? There is no CAG guy award/[/QUOTE]
There are a number of categories that pertain to Kmart or SHC-Gamer. Look through all of them.

I didn't vote for half of the categories (the ones which I was least familiar).

[quote name='aznhero913']Remember to vote for Josh/Kmart for the CAG awards guys!![/QUOTE]

Totally done 100%. I don't buy any new releases without checking this forum first. Josh, together with Kmart, is the most consistently dependable deal guru on CAG imo. :applause:

Edit:

Btw, using my rewards balance of $27.XX I got DA2 and the $50 PSN card for $54.XX. Best part of the day. Plus I have another $10 in rewards sitting on my card now. Yakuza 4 is waiting for me. March is killing my wallet.

[quote name='jer7583']Yes indeed - kmart all the way

and please if you vote for gamestop, just stop visiting CAG. Cheap Ass and Gamestop don't go together.[/QUOTE]

Actually, online promotions are awesome. Glitches left and right.

[quote name='Interfeci']Actually, online promotions are awesome. Glitches left and right.[/QUOTE]
Well, you also have to factor in the condition of the games, but I agree with your statement. Blank, beat-up GH cases without DLC vouchers for the win!

[quote name='sadboy']Phew! I just spent $145 at Kmart (DA2+ points card, LoS:LE, DA:UE). I need to cut back. There's still more games I want to play. :'(

Have Stockboy make it as a homage to you. SHC-Gamer: "Kneel..." :evil:[/QUOTE]

Is that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow? How much was it?

[quote name='sadboy']It's the $29.99 PS3 version that's on clearance.[/QUOTE]

I was there today & had them scan the PS3 version regular version(only version they had) & the employee said it was $49.99.

I see in the beginning of this thread it is listed as $29.99. I would have bought it for that price. How can I get it for that?

[quote name='He4vyMetaL']I was there today & had them scan the PS3 version regular version(only version they had) & the employee said it was $49.99.

I see in the beginning of this thread it is listed as $29.99. I would have bought it for that price. How can I get it for that?[/QUOTE]

Only the CE is on clearence

[quote name='jer7583']Yes indeed - kmart all the way

and please if you vote for gamestop, just stop visiting CAG. Cheap Ass and Gamestop don't go together.[/QUOTE]

Of course, Josh and KMart gets my vote for every category they're nominated in.

And of course, Gamestop gets voted for both worst B&M and Online Retailer.

[quote name='Josh5890']Only the CE is on clearence[/QUOTE]

So the more expensive Limited Edition is on clearance for $29.99 but the regular version is NOT on clearance & is $49.99? :cry:

I will have to check & see if they have the Xbox version then.

[quote name='He4vyMetaL']So the more expensive Collector's Edition is on clearance for $29.99 but the regular version is NOT on clearance & is $49.99? :cry:

I will have to check & see if they have the Xbox version then.[/QUOTE]

Hate to let you down again...but only the PS3 version is on clearance for $30.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Hate to let you down again...but only the PS3 version is on clearance for $30.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

While I vowed I would never go to Kmart again due to the horrendous service, the DAII+points deal was difficult to ignore. Of course when I stopped by, the game wasn't even stocked yet. I was told it was probably in "the box" and that it would get stocked "maybe tomorrow."

For those that got DAII from Kmart, did any of you get the signature edition? I read through that last few pages, and no one mentions it. Is it safe to assume Kmart didn't receive any? I'm deciding if I should go back later to see if they ever stock the game.

Edit: Just saw the earlier posts about no Signature Edition at Kmart.

-

[quote name='sadboy']Well, you also have to factor in the condition of the games, but I agree with your statement. Blank, beat-up GH cases without DLC vouchers for the win![/QUOTE]

I'm one of the lucky few that gets almost everything complete, and always get unused DLC vouchers. Their system is incredibly flawed due to carelessness, so to the cheapass community they should be a gold mine (during glitches.)

Of course, Kmart has so far beat all B&M retailers I used to buy anything from when it comes to games. No question about it. They're the reason I buy any game day one these days.

Caught up with everyone up to 8a.m. Tuesday morning.

Will work through all Tuesday emails as quickly as possible tomorrow.

[quote name='Interfeci']I'm one of the lucky few that gets almost everything complete, and always get unused DLC vouchers. Their system is incredibly flawed due to carelessness, so to the cheapass community they should be a gold mine (during glitches.)

Of course, Kmart has so far beat all B&M retailers I used to buy anything from when it comes to games. No question about it. They're the reason I buy any game day one these days.[/QUOTE]
The way I view it, it's sort of like a balancing act. Every store mentioned on CAG generally has something to offer, whether good or bad, or few and far between. What I perceive as a strength of Kmart wouldn't apply to GameStop, just as whatever I perceive is a strength of GameStop (particularly from those "glitchy" sales and possibly an occasional decent trading opportunity) wouldn't apply to Kmart based on the fact they don't deal in used games.

Regardless, there's something cool about being able to enjoy a game like Dragon Age 2 that I otherwise wouldn't be able to enjoy if I simply paid MSRP or waited months later to buy.
Holy shit @ Altanis being banned :hot:

I don't know if this has been asked before but can I preorder Yakuza 4 on Kmart.com? I specifically signed up for the rewards program so that I could do that and now it's not even bringing up a listing when I search for it?

This rewards program seems really cool though. I may start doing a considerable bit more of my game shopping at Kmart. :) I already like them cause they tend to have stock on older games and better availability for niche stuff in my town.

Q: What about pre-orders? Can I pre-order X game at my local Kmart?
A: Kmart.com does pre-orders, but any special release week deals may not be active prior to release day, so it is advised to purchase only on release day or later. Kmart stores, however, Do not do pre-orders at this time.

What is that about then?

I guess it's good that i can't preorder though. I hadn't noticed the bit about not doing it because you may not get the deal.

Scored a PS3 Slim 160GB KZ3 bundle yesterday and took advantage of the FREE MLB'11 The Show deal. My local store had 2 of these limited systems in stock still! Pretty happy to see that after Josh reported over 70% sold out.

No problems what so ever. I used $90 worth of SYWR points to bring the total down the $222.xx with tax. Got the 15,000 SYWR points for MLB'11 immediately printed on the receipt. Can't beat that..

I already have the KZ3 Hellghast edition from launch day so the standard edition packed with the console will be sold off along with the DualShock 3.

I would have bought MLB'11 anyway... so this entire arrangement will net me the PS3 Slim at less than $100. :) Took the Slim home and installed a new 750GB hdd. (before the PS3 was ever powered up I might add.. may as well start right) :bouncy:

The only bad part of this deal is I retired my old 'launch day' Fatty to Blu-ray and multimedia duty only to make room for the Slim. :cool:

Thanks Josh for the awesome deals!! I'm ready for more!
Looking forward to the 3DS deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back