Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kosmos13x']Hey just wanted to post this real fast.

Sent in an email issue about yak4 deal to ad monster, and it wasn't even an hour later before he replied back with a complete solution and also suggestions of what went wrong. Awesome guy and he gets things done!

Welcome to CAG Ad Monster![/QUOTE]

I second that. He was lightning fast replying to me as well. Thank you so much!

[quote name='Blank Earth']Curiosity question for Josh:

We're still seeing a lot of Kmart employees who either don't know about the blog or are resistant to honor the deals posted there, despite your best efforts (e.g. sending weekly e-mails with the deals listed and including a link to the blog in the weekly ad). As noted, the system is automated enough that most deals ring up correctly even if the employee doesn't know about it. Even so, some customers are running into trouble, and I know it's a point of frustration for you too.

I'm assuming the blog was created with the goal of being an exclusive place to get special offers, not unlike the loyalty programs other stores use. But it's definitely got its share of headaches. That said, in your view, has it been worth maintaining the blog versus the much simpler route of printing the deals in the weekly ad directly?

No criticism or anything intended, I'm just interested since I work in marketing myself. And maybe I'm asking more about corporate strategy than you're free to comment on, but it's worth a shot. ;)[/QUOTE]

I can't answer this completely for Josh but I know one of the huge advantages of the Blog is that we can react really fast. Ads are usually final 4 - 6 weeks out and like said earlier, are limited to the amount of space we have. For example, when Josh realized others were matching his $20 coupon on Halo Reach we threw in the save $25 (can't remember how much) off select titles as well. Or when we found out Enslaved was dropping to $19.99 in a couple of weeks we were able to hit it at $14.99 which worked wonders. I really think it is the speed of the blog that's been the biggest benefit, personally it kills me because I don't get a whole lot of notice to snag extra product and become crammed for shipping time.

Finally ran into my first snag. I called My local KMart which is over 25 miles away to make sure they had Homefront in stock before wasting 10 bucks driving there. The electronics guy asked if I wouldn't mind calling back in 20 minutes as he cannot find any out front and wants to check the back. I call back and he says that they don't even have the game for any console in their system and that there must have been a shipping fiasco. I had been looking forward to this game since I first heard about it.
So what do I do now? Do I wait to see if they get it in stock sometime this week?

Brookfield, WI store

Took me a while to flag someone down, and it took them a while to find the box with the new releases, but I was eventually able to score Yakuza 3/4 and use the $10 reward on a copy of Mario All Stars. The employees were friendly, but not really sure about the deal ("it might be online only if it's on KMartgamer.com but we'll ring it up and see") I don't think they were regular electronics employees though.

Edit: They also had a few copies of MvC3 Limited for each system in case anyone in the area is looking for it

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']The idea that I can't ask the employee about the deal because they are so clueless is laughable. Like I said, no wonder they have such a bad rep.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but it all comes down to whether you want the deal or not. If you want it, just keep your mouth shut, take the stuff to the register and leave a happy man. If you like to be frustrated and leave empty-handed, try shooting the shit with them and see where that gets you.

Again, it's laughable, unacceptable, and any other appropriate adjective you can think of. But I'm not going to let some idiot douche keep me from getting an awesome deal.

Well, as expected, no copies of Homefront (any system), neither Yakuza 4/3; across 3 K-marts. :cold:

Might check during the week for Yakuza 4/3, my friend got Homefront any way, at another store; since he really wanted the game anyway.

Good deals anyway. Thanks for the them SHCs. :applause:

[quote name='spectre666']problem free at store #7283, they had NO PSN cards, so, I just got a XBL card.[/QUOTE]

Not having PSN cards is a bit of a problem :p

There weren't any copies of Yakuza 3 with the 2-3 copies of Yakuza 4 at my local Kmart this afternoon. Will try another Kmart Friday before work.

I have a feeling that the 2-3 copies of Yakuza 3 were snatched up at $15 or my store was part of the 5% that didn't get any. This is what happens when I try to find a better deal elsewhere, karma.

[quote name='ZForce']Brookfield, WI store

Took me a while to flag someone down, and it took them a while to find the box with the new releases, but I was eventually able to score Yakuza 3/4 and use the $10 reward on a copy of Mario All Stars. The employees were friendly, but not really sure about the deal ("it might be online only if it's on KMartgamer.com but we'll ring it up and see") I don't think they were regular electronics employees though.

Edit: They also had a few copies of MvC3 Limited for each system in case anyone in the area is looking for it[/QUOTE]

That's the store I go to too - they're usually pretty good about everything except putting releases out on time. Takes some convincing to get them to sell things to you on release date.

Called 3 K-Marts this morning and found one with the $20 PSN cards in stock. Bought 2 copies of Homefront and PSN cards (For me and my brother). The deal worked perfectly, got the $20 cards free and the SYWR points were awarded to my account. Thanks for the great deals, keep 'em coming! I will probably be back again next week to buy Crisis 2.

I think I even convinced the employee there to pick up Homefront now that he knows about the deal, Haha.

By the way, I have been playing Homefront for the past 3 or 4 hours and it is really good. Multiplayer is SPECTACULAR and the campaign is good stuff. I'm really liking it.

I received an e-mail for 5x SYWR rewards points through the 28th. It states "on qualifying purchases".....is there any reason that the 3DS would not qualify? :cool:

There was a traditional sale's tag/signage explaining the deal over the price of Yakuza 4 for those concerned about the deal.

Employees told me to take the ad to a nearby Sears to price match. I looked through the advertisement/flier for Kmart and there was nothing about Yakuza 4.

I don't think Sears even carries either of the Yakuza games, least mine didn't when I went there. Just saying.

Used all my rewards to get a discount on homefront. I now have a balance of 15000. Did I get 15000 for that instead of ten? Only other thing I bought was a ten dollar lunch bag for work

only the stinking Waterloo, IA store would get in copies of Yakuza 3 and somehow not get any Homefront and Yakuza 4. Was gonna do the Yakuza 4/3 deal but only picked up 3.

This store is always sooo LAME!!!

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Not having PSN cards is a bit of a problem :p[/QUOTE]No problem for ME, someone who wants PSN cards will have an issue.

Well got homefront and card no hitch. "face palm" I hadn't played any of the Yakuza series so when seeing the OP has ":360::ps3: 3-15 Yakuza 4 Offer 10,000 SYWR + Free Yakuza 3" I had no clue it was ps3 exclusive. So happy to help employees spent 15 minutes searching for nothing, being directed to CS to check another store took another 15 minutes to get a person, then another 10 of them searching needlessly. So I guess I was the jackhole for not knowing, but at least employees gave good service (minus time to answer phone) trying to make the sale.

[quote name='ucantcme69']I second that. He was lightning fast replying to me as well. Thank you so much![/QUOTE]
He might be lightning fast, but SHC-Gamer can be light speed fast. It's like, "(clicks send)... Whoomp! There it is."

I have a hypothetical question regarding the Crysis 2 deal. First off, however, I'm sure if the bonus points don't show, Josh will compensate with a (?? ammount) gc. If there are no psn/xbl cards, a gc (?? ammount) might be issued to compensate this problem as well. But, what if there are no headsets at our local K-Mart? Or better yet, what if it's a mixture of problems that we run into (ie. no points & no psn/xbl cards, or none of the 3, etc.)? How will this issue be resolved? *dun dun dun (dramatic drums)*...

Will we get like a $50 gc? lol, I kid. I know that's asking too much, but I would like to know what would happen if we run into such a situation ;)

Used 10,000 SYWR points to buy Yakuza 4 and got Yakuza 3 free and received 10,000 SYWR points. Used those 10,000 points to buy Homefront and got $20 PSN card free and of course received another 10,000 SYWR points. Perfect transactions! No problems! Thanks Josh!

WOOOHOOOO!!!

Just got back from Kmart.

Points showed up and free card rang up just fine. Just wanted to post that on here before I tear into the game.

Thanks for putting the deal together for HF Josh!!!

SHC Stock boy, saw you wanted to know about any issues with stock. Went to the #3435 store but no Yakuza games. The rep was very helpful and looked everywhere for Yak 3 or 4 but found nothing. I mentioned that Homefront also came out today and she couldn't find it either.

She mentioned she hadn't seen any new release games this week. She knows about the Kmart blog and that I'm aware of the deals so she kept looking. I went around mid-day so it's possible they sold out

In the end she helped me get a copy at the other local store, #3363.

And Josh, thanks for the Yakuza deal:applause:, though I did back out on 4 at the last moment. I just started the original last week due to the deal you lined up for 4 (wanted to see if this deal was worth it). Currently on Chapt. 7 and mostly enjoying it despite some design choices.

Plan to jump into 2 right away, but wiil probably be Yak'd out by the end to start Yak3. Figure I won't play Yak4 'til 2012 and the world is suppose to end by then.

So I'll just put that money towards another kmartgamer deal. Of course, I wouldn't mind a follow-up Yak4 deal in a month or two;)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']My store is normally on top of releases but no Homefront, no Yakuza 4, no Yakuza 3, and no XBL Pts Cards :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

holy oversized signature!

[quote name='camelking6969']I got my homefront no problem. Noob question is playstation heros only use the move thing. Or can u use normal controler[/QUOTE]

Yes you can use a dualshock controller.

Is there any chance for any further deal with the 3DS? Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't plan to buy any of the launch titles. I was gonna hold out for Zelda or Star Fox, and catch up on the backlog of regular DS titles I haven't been able to finish due to a damaged DS.

[quote name='camelking6969']I got my homefront no problem. Noob question is playstation heros only use the move thing. Or can u use normal controler[/QUOTE]

The cover of the game says Move is required. You will be able to use a Dualshock instead of the navigation controller, if that's what you are asking, but it seems the main Move controller is required.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']The cover of the game says Move is required. You will be able to use a Dualshock instead of the navigation controller, if that's what you are asking, but it seems the main Move controller is required.[/QUOTE]

Yea. Its kinda fuzzy how they are displaying it but I would go towards your answer. Product info lists this:

PlayStation Move Heroes also supports additional controllers. These include the familiar DualShock 3 wireless controller and the PlayStation Move navigation controller.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Yea. Its kinda fuzzy how they are displaying it but I would go towards your answer. Product info lists this:

PlayStation Move Heroes also supports additional controllers. These include the familiar DualShock 3 wireless controller and the PlayStation Move navigation controller.[/QUOTE]

Hmm that's very interesting. The way they word that there's no way to tell what they really mean by "supports". Fully compatible? I admit I want to try this game out, but I'm not buying Move just for that. If I can play it with my Dualshock though...

Yea doesnt make any sense. I plan to pick the game up since I own a move so if any one is on the fence I can pick it up and try it out and then you guys know if it does or doesnt.

I tried the demo and from what I can recall you need to use a Move.

9dd8f_5396162986_daacec8b7a.jpg

As you can see it says that it is required, not compatible.

Unlike KZ3
Killzone3BoxArt.jpg

[quote name='ucantcme69']Yea doesnt make any sense. I plan to pick the game up since I own a move so if any one is on the fence I can pick it up and try it out and then you guys know if it does or doesnt.[/QUOTE]

I think if your a Playstation Plus member they have a demo available.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
As you can see it says that it is required, not compatible.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I assumed. That product info thing is a little vague but I'm almost certain it just meant you can use a Dualshock instead of a navigation controller.

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']Is there any chance for any further deal with the 3DS? Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't plan to buy any of the launch titles. I was gonna hold out for Zelda or Star Fox, and catch up on the backlog of regular DS titles I haven't been able to finish due to a damaged DS.[/QUOTE]

no chance for now, maybe later on there will be some kind of discount on games....

[quote name='dino88']^One year.[/QUOTE]

And they're switching back to coupond eventually... why exactly? SYWR seems much better.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']Yeah, that's what I assumed. That product info thing is a little vague but I'm almost certain it just meant you can use a Dualshock instead of a navigation controller.[/QUOTE]

In my experience every "Move" game allows you to sub out the navigation controller for a dualshock controller.

[quote name='Buuhan1']And they're switching back to coupond eventually... why exactly? SYWR seems much better.[/QUOTE]

When Josh wants to do a promotion with SYWR he needs to have that department approve it which can be a hassle. This way he has more freedom to do what he wants for those promotions, not sure how much more but more is more.

[quote name='Buuhan1']And they're switching back to coupond eventually... why exactly? SYWR seems much better.[/QUOTE]
They definitely are; they are not sustainable unfortunately though.

[quote name='GBAstar']In my experience every "Move" game allows you to sub out the navigation controller for a dualshock controller.[/QUOTE]

The ones I have played allow that as well, but the Nav functions much better due to the weight and form factor.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']When Josh wants to do a promotion with SYWR he needs to have that department approve it which can be a hassle. This way he has more freedom to do what he wants for those promotions, not sure how much more but more is more.[/QUOTE]
100% more control.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']100% more control.[/QUOTE]

Now if only you could make ICO/SotC come out in April like I last heard but has now been delayed till near November. :cry::cry:

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I don't know. Activision did a pretty stellar job doing just that with Guitar Hero. :)

Debating about Crysis 2. Not sure I have to have it at launch when I've got so many other things still on the docket to play, but the points offer is incredibly tempting. Going to need points for the AC:B, DJ Hero, and other DLC I've been wanting, and down to 800 space bucks. If the Shift 2 offer is strong, I might roll onto that game too. I'm hungry for a good driving game, TDU2 really let me down.

Yep. Most ads give, what, two pages to electronics? He'd have to fight for real estate against movies, TVs, gadgets, etc. The blog lets him do as many or few deals as he wants, and gives him no space limitations, and more flexibility to adjust deals. Once it's in print, you're kind of committed.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention the ridiculous lead time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back